Government > Conference Hall

My thoughts

<< < (11/11)

Markus:

--- Quote from: Achkaerin on April 20, 2022, 09:58:57 PM ---If you wish to remove an office holder then you need reasonable grounds to do so and that means as defined under this. Equally "Loss of confidence" could be a ground, however we should not leave it open to the abuse of "remove this person because a player does not like a person who holds an office."

--- End quote ---

Lack of confidence is reason enough. The current proposal creates the opportunity for abuse as the Chancellor can block the removal of the Chief Justice and vice versa.

So I propose a compromise. If an unsuccessful confidence vote for removal was held in the previous 3 ( or 6 months,how  people hwre think it is best) then shall require first the establishment of reasonable grounds for the removal. That way the office holders are not ar risk of being spammed with confidence votes every two weeks and the players have a way to express they dissatisfaction without needing the consent of those in power.

How does that sound?

Achkaerin:

--- Quote from: Markus on April 21, 2022, 06:28:06 AM ---Lack of confidence is reason enough. The current proposal creates the opportunity for abuse as the Chancellor can block the removal of the Chief Justice and vice versa.

So I propose a compromise. If an unsuccessful confidence vote for removal was held in the previous 3 ( or 6 months,how  people hwre think it is best) then shall require first the establishment of reasonable grounds for the removal. That way the office holders are not ar risk of being spammed with confidence votes every two weeks and the players have a way to express they dissatisfaction without needing the consent of those in power.

How does that sound?

--- End quote ---

That defeats the point of reasonable grounds being required - when you call for the confidence vote it is fair that you identify the reason, if the reason is "Because they broke the criminal code." for example then it's reasonable, not to mention critical, to first determine that such a thing happened before any vote occurs. so I would suggest:

"To remove an office holder for a violation of the forum rules shall require first the establishment that such a violation occurred, as per the procedures of this document, and then a confidence vote of the office holder lasting for two (2) days, the process is overseen by the Lord Chief Justice (or Grand Chancellor should the Lord Chief Justice be the subject of the matter). A confidence vote not concerning a forum rule violation may be held at any time and overseen by the same. No office holder who has been the subject of an unsuccessful confidence vote shall face another one for six months, without the leave of the Grand Chancellor (or Lord Chief Justice if the Grand Chancellor be the office holder)."

Markus:

--- Quote from: Achkaerin on April 21, 2022, 11:35:13 AM ---That defeats the point of reasonable grounds being required - when you call for the confidence vote it is fair that you identify the reason, if the reason is "Because they broke the criminal code." for example then it's reasonable, not to mention critical, to first determine that such a thing happened before any vote occurs. so I would suggest:

"To remove an office holder for a violation of the forum rules shall require first the establishment that such a violation occurred, as per the procedures of this document, and then a confidence vote of the office holder lasting for two (2) days, the process is overseen by the Lord Chief Justice (or Grand Chancellor should the Lord Chief Justice be the subject of the matter). A confidence vote not concerning a forum rule violation may be held at any time and overseen by the same. No office holder who has been the subject of an unsuccessful confidence vote shall face another one for six months, without the leave of the Grand Chancellor (or Lord Chief Justice if the Grand Chancellor be the office holder)."

--- End quote ---

As far as I am concerned, that addresses all my concerns.  I am pleased with the proposed draft.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version