Government > Conference Hall

Constitutional Amendment Proposal

(1/2) > >>

Beatrice:

Amendment Proposal
A Directive and amendment to the Roleplay Rules to bring into force new Roleplay Rules and to incorporate it into Independent Order law.
Be it enacted by Her Excellency the Grand Chancellor, by and with the advice and consent of the Regional Government, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

The Constitution of the Independent Order shall be amended as such:

2(e) shall read as follows:

"Inducting and removing, by means of Writ, members of the Regional Nobility;"

Achkaerin:
*Puts LCJ hat on*

What is being proposed here in simple terms is amending article 1 section 2(e) of the Constitution from

"Inducting, by means of Writ, members of the region into the Regional Nobility"

to

"Inducting and removing, by means of Writ, members of the Regional Nobility;"

This means that scrapping the nobility which is something Altona has suggested becomes possible.

In accordance with the constitution this remains open for debate or opposition for a minimum of 96 hours (expiring on tuesday at approx 11pm UK time. If a successful petition to block this (as per article 2 section 9) is made then it goes to a referendum which is essentially a vote of the regional membership.

Cool101jr:
I'm with Nova on this. This is a pointless revision that just allows you to remove the nobility of people you don't like. If anything we should be adding amendments to expand the purpose of the nobility and giving it a point instead.

Achkaerin:
That isn't the intention Cool. What we're doing here is putting in place the means to address the second of Altona's points found here. Scrapping the nobility entirely or resetting it for reward purposes, requires the GC having the authority to remove the titles which she doesn't currently have, so first we must follow processes to give the GC that authority, following that being granted the GC can then remove all the noble titles (thus addressing Altona's point 2) and that can be followed by a further amendment to remove article 1 section 2(e) entirely.

If people want the nobility to be scrapped or reset then this is the process we have to follow.

Cool101jr:
I know why it's being proposed and the reasoning behind it and my point still stands. I don't agree that the nobility needs to be scrapped or reset. I think it should be reworked and given more purpose in the region. I especially feel like the parts of the nobility could act as assistants to Dave in his RP Mod duties, especially in some of the more controversial rulings. All the current nobility earned their title and don't deserve to lose it just because some people don't like the system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version