Government > Conference Hall

Proposal for a Constitutional Amendment

<< < (2/5) > >>

Altona:
It was Ffion who suggested the Orders idea.

--- Quote from: Ffion's Original Post ---2) Reward people with something other than a title that implies authority. Most NS regions have governments, mods, admins call them what you want and more often than not they have fancy titles. Don't mask them as nobles create two "Orders" have something like Order of the Pen for people who have contributed good RP stuff and Order of the Scroll for people who have contributed to running the region. You could even have letters after user names like we go with the M.B.E etc in the UK. This could see a whole list of things. So maybe you write your first really engaging open RP you get your first award, then when you've a track record like people such as Markus you get knighted. This means we can still give recognition but when someone first joins they don't assume the leadership are the people in purple. I reckon you've about 30 mins to determine whether someone actually stays with the region or not in terms of interaction and had it not been for Dave or Nova I'd have left by now.

--- End quote ---

Presently we're getting better at flagging up things we're not happy with or that can be improved but both sides of this are not so great at suggesting ways forward. It took a list of suggestions for any of this to start rolling nearly 60 days ago.

In terms of this getting sorted I think everthing in Tytors original suggestion is a good idea except the Order of the Pen just becoming the Nobility in a new dress, thats one of the issues many of us had from the outset. As for how its original members were selected I agree that it could have been handled better and probably didn't fulfil what the constitution says and as knee jerk quick reactions were another concern that started this I'm worried that its happened. This time however I think the fact we all missed the glaringly obvious (in hindsight) issue with the initial induction process can be sorted quickly.

So I suggest two things. The first is that unless someone raises an objection to Beatrice's proposed members for the Order then by say Monday they get inducted. Following that we amend the constitution as Tytor suggested but keep the Order for RP.

Moving forward though I would urge a lot less rapid decision making when its not essential.

Achkaerin:
1. Under "The Chancellery", section i) shall be amended as follows: "Inducting (and removing when inactive or when otherwise advised) members of the Order of the Pen upon instruction of the Order."

2. Under "Order of the Pen", the current paragraph shall be amended as follows: "- this is a non authority role, it is available to all players and is granted for contribution to Roleplay, Gameplay, and/or regional government.  It is formally awarded and revoked by the Grand Chancellor on the instruction of existing members of this order."

3. Under "Order of the Pen", the following paragraphs shall be added after the present one (as amended):

"- Instruction by the Order of the Pen shall be considered legitimate if (a) a proposal for induction of new members or revocation of existing titles is presented to the general membership of the Order of the Pen, (b) at least seven (7) days elapse for debate thereof by the general membership of the Order of the Pen, (c) at least two (2) days elapse for vote by the general membership of the Order of the Pen and a majority of voters approve the instruction, and (d) formal notice of the vote is delivered in writing by a chosen representative of the Order of the Pen to the office of the Grand Chancellor.

"- The Order of the Pen shall have leave to govern its own internal affairs, aside from the aforementioned process for inductions or expulsions, including leadership, oaths of office, and any other procedures or regulations the Order of the Pen shall determine is necessary.

"- All individuals who hold titles of nobility, that were awarded for Roleplay Contribution, at the time that this article comes into effect shall be inducted automatically into the Order of the Pen, without further action being necessary either on their part or on the part of the Grand Chancellor.  In the event that the Order of the Pen finds itself without active membership, as determined by the Grand Chancellor and confirmed by the Lord Chief Justice, the Grand Chancellor shall be empowered to make any inductions as they consider necessary, without being required to follow the process herein indicated for instruction by the Order of the Pen.  This article shall be considered to apply retroactively to any inductions performed by the Grand Chancellor between the approval of the constitution and the adoption of this amendment.

So if I'm understanding correctly the above is the suggested idea? The yellow is a clarification point to make it clear that there's an RP focus.

Altona:
I'd be happy with what Achkaerin has just posted

Beatrice:
I'm pleased with the work and dedication Tytor and Achkaerin have taken to bring us closer to a resolution while tightening up areas which were previously vague. I look forward to the passage of this Amendment and our continued progress forward.

Markus:

--- Quote from: Altona on April 29, 2022, 11:12:20 PM ---I'd be happy with what Achkaerin has just posted

--- End quote ---

This is also true for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version