Government > Conference Hall

Proposal for a new RP Rule

<< < (2/5) > >>

BenOfTheIwi:
I think point two should stay. It encourages users to find a workable compromise and I'd hope that would happen meanwhile the RP Mod can step in if that doesn't work. If we don't place an expectation on people to try and sort their own stuff out with each other like grown ups then we make more work for the RP Mod and frankly at present the situation sees retcons wrecking other peoples work with no consideration. I also think that just because the latest situation appears to have been moved on from we shouldn't forget about this.

Achkaerin:
Point 2 gives anyone who happens to write a two line press statement or news article an effective veto over another players RP. Now if it’s in the same thread I’d have no problem.

BenOfTheIwi:

--- Quote from: Achkaerin on June 09, 2022, 10:39:28 AM ---Point 2 gives anyone who happens to write a two line press statement or news article an effective veto over another players RP. Now if it’s in the same thread I’d have no problem.

--- End quote ---

I think a press statement or news article is just as relevant as any other post. The latest issue could have been handled via what I'll call an IC retcon, discussions could have taken place, shifts in policies etc, adaptations etc. and as a result the Rokkenjima fleet never goes to the Krimeon. However what we got was the fact that myself and Heyra among others started to put in motion a series of things legitimately aimed at acting as a counter to it. Seeing this and various comments on Discord rubbishing the move it was retconned. Other members of the region don't deserve to be a beta test for someones RP. In reali life if a government misread a situation or deployment they have to PR themselves out of it. Only by not permitting easy retcons do we stop this continued (see Nova's post) misuse of retcon ended. It should be hard to retcon.

Markus:
Anyone else has anything to add? Regardless of how the final version of the rule will be I want TIO to have such a rule as to avoid future problems regarding retcons or at least better manage them.

Cass:
My understanding is we have under the recent changes three RP "Managers" (I think thats what they are called) Tytor, Diato and Markus. To change an RP Rule they need to sort it out. To do so "all amendments require a unanimous vote and the consultation of the Roleplay Moderator and where needed the consultation of the cartographer)"

We've seen Rob say its a good idea on Discord but I would appreciate it being done here too so its kind of on record. We've also got Markus seeming to approve this. We need to get things sorted quicker than this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version