Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

FOS Sail Meeting No.1 - Abertone and East Moreland

<< < (4/4)

Abertone:
Graziano turned to his cousin, "I think we've got a very good arrangement here. You get to go home and show our people that we can conclude important trade deals, we get to to dangle the idea of a future CNN deal and you get to go to Lodja with a kind of help network in place. I heartily recommend you sign that."

"Of course. That's exactly my intention." Marco picked the pen up and signed the document.

--- Quote from: Abertone and East Moreland Treaty ---The following agreement shall exist between the Kingdom of East Moreland and the Empire of Abertone which during this treaty shall be referred to as "The Parties"

1. The Parties agree that they shall undertake no action that shall knowingly harm the economy of the other.

2. The Parties agree that they shall gradually reduce tariffs over the next three years until a point where no tariffs exist. This arrangement shall cover any resources or goods that have originated from one of the Parties.

3. The Parties agree that so long as a business can provide a valid certificate of origin and that the other Party is the final destination for the attached import it shall be treated in accordance with Article 2.

4. Both Parties agree that any exports must comply with all local health and safety laws.

5. Both Parties agree that any individual with an invitation from a business in the other party may travel visa free for a maximum of 30 days in a calendar year. Beyond this a visa must be applied for. All Parties reserve the right to deny entry on national security grounds.

6. Both parties agree that they shall permit investment from the other party within their economy so far as companies involved pay relevant taxes on profits made within that nation and follow local laws governing operations of business.

7. Both Parties agree that should they wish to cancel this treaty they shall be permitted to do so 30 days after giving written notice.

8. Both Parties agree that samples of products or materials may enter the nation so long as they meet the following criteria.

a) They are to the value of less than $100,000
b) That companies may not ship more than $250,000 worth of samples within a nation in a calendar year..
c) Once $250,000 value has been reached a company is liable to pay import duty.
d) No fees or taxes will be charged on samples being removed from the nation.

9. Both Parties agree that equipment to be used for shows or demonstrations may temporarily enter nations so long as they conform to local health and safety laws. Such equipment may remain for 90 days after which time import duties are payable.

10. Performers are exempt from visa requirements so long as they are not deemed a threat to the national security. To be considered a working performer they must work at least 15 days out of every 30.

11. Both Parties agree that they shall recognise the intellectual property rights registered in the other party.

Signed

King David III of East Moreland.
Emperor Marco of Abertone

--- End quote ---

Having signed all the documents Marco handed his pen back to Queen Stasya, "Your Majesties have been very gracious in meeting me." He extended a hand to the King and shook hands on the deal before once more kissing the Queen's hand. "I look forward Queen Stasya to meeting again in Lodja and of course if your husband has no problem I would like to celebrate this treaty with a dance there. For now though I have a dinner appointment and I have taken up enough of your time. Thank you for your hospitality."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version