Roleplay > Vignettes

Djabidjan: Angels and Shadows

<< < (2/2)

paralipomena:

Djabidjan City, Republic of Djabidjan

Minister Jung Tae-wook looked again to the folders which were accumulating, and growing,  on his table. "Operation Jeonghwa" had already involved the ministries of Home Affairs, State Security and Defense. Jung felt this was too much effort for a bunch of lunatics. But orders were orders.

The operation was at first a success, temples and offices were closed down, and followers were pushed to the underground. But it became soon quite evident that even for a movement of a few thousands, that was not enough to make them fade away. General Lagbara was not a man who knew measure when faced an obstacle so he gave clear orders that every family with at least a relative in the community was placed as suspects and face either arrest or separation. Soon, such solution became a logistical nightmare which drained resources. Still, the example of Valesteril expanded through the region and beyond, and a wave of denounciations followed.

Finally Chairman Kim Sung-mo arrived.

"I see you've arrived", Minister Jung said. "Even if you do not look to bring good news".

"Not right now, unfortunately", Kim replied. "What we have, one may say, it's too many news, too much information. But they can not hide for long. We are going to find them soon".

"That's what I hope", Jung said. "Let's finish this soon. We need this to be done for good, and being the first ones who achieve that. Let's not waste more time in this affair".

"I'm convinced that is going to be the case", Kim added.

paralipomena:

Somewhere in a distant country house, Republic of Djabidjan

Patriarch Suleymaan looked at the old book which was inside the glass cabinet.

"It was not easy to get it", the host, Dumarsais Beauvas explained. "As you may know, this copy of the Asalahaan Dardaaran was considered lost during a long time. It is claimed that it was written from the hand of Patriarch Ladnaan himself, even if some claim that was a bit unlikely".

"It would be an unique value of great historical importance", the Patriarch insisted. "I am certain that your deeds are showing that this valuable object is in the right hands".

"Thanks", Dumarsais replied. "Maybe things will return to normal and such document will return to the hands of the church".

"I am certain that day will arrive", Suleymaan replied. "We are thankful of your generosity and kindness. While I can only regret that you are not part of our movement, we are certain that your good deeds will not be unheard".

As they continue talking, they noticed a young woman appearing from the door in the library where they were in. It was no other that the woman who they knew now with the name of "Meryam", even if that was not her birth name. She was one of the eleven people who had been Dumarsais' hosts for a while. Suleymaan smiled back.

Meryam was still often in her catatonic state most of the day, but she was regained a level of awareness and independence. However, she was still seemed that she was lost in her own thoughts, even when having a conversation or performing daily tasks. Suleymaan's "experiments" had stopped, either because he had collected enough information and her inner message was becoming too repetitive or because he felt that she had become aware of the process and was providing him with the things he expected to hear, defeating the nature of the process.

But Suleymaan knew that there was no need to precipitate things, as the start of the awaiting of the Kingdom had already started. Even if nothing remained of the movement where he had grown up and dedicated most of his life outside the walls of this huge house, in the middle of nowhere, and his supporters had either lost their freedom or escaped where they could, he was still dedicated to the task that awaited him.

He ended his conversation with his collector host, and returned to his bedroom. He looked at the pile of papers written with his own handwriting amassed on his table. It was time that he finished his task, and completed this work that will open the minds of the world. The present may look gloomy and dark, he thought, but his people will be able to return to their true homeland and being their journey to the brightest light that no men had ever seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version