Roleplay > Vignettes

Asadal Playhouse

<< < (2/5) > >>

paralipomena:

Heavenly Palace, Hwangjin
Queen Hong receives Doctor Soon in one of the main rooms of the Queen residing quarters in the Inner Palace.

Doctor Soon: Good morning, Your Highness. How are you feeling today?

Queen Hong: If you are asking about my help, I am guessing you are bringing bad news today.

Doctor Soon: It is only a way...

Queen Hong: It is alright. To be honest, I am feeling a bit tired today. Let's go directly to business this time.

Doctor Soon: Alright...have the medicine any secondary effects, Your Highness?

Queen Hong: No, not really. I was feeling better, sort of.

Doctor Soon: We finally have the results, Your Highness.

Queen Hong: Alright, so tell me.

Doctor Soon: I’m afraid that the cyst has increased its size and the results were not positive, Your Highness. The prediction is not positive if we do not intervene it.

Queen Hong: Your recommendation sounds much worse than your description. What kind of intervention? How is that going to last?

Doctor Soon: It should not take long, Your Highness. It is not a difficult procedure. Giving the circumstances, we would be forced to remove the area around it. Entirely. I’m afraid we would not have another options, and our options may worse if we wait too long.

Queen Hong: How bad?

Doctor Soon: As much as bad as it is possible, Your Highness.

Queen Hong: I get it. When will it be?

Doctor Soon: I can operate myself next week in the regional hospital here. However, for reasons of  recovery, it may be better to do so in Gyeongseon Regional Hospital. There, it could take longer depending the availability of the team there. It could take longer if you wished to call a team from abroad.

Queen Hong: Yourself? How many times have you done it?

Doctor Soon: I have performed it personally twice, Your Highness. As well as participating in other occasions while I was at Gyeongseon National University Hospital.

Queen Hong: That does not...give a lot of confidence.

Doctor Soon: I understand, Your Highness. It is not a too difficult surgery, at least when it has been detected relatively earlier as it is the case. But I am at your hands, Your Highness.

Queen Hong: It will not be exactly in my hands, rather the contrary.

Doctor Soon: Of course, Your Highness...it was just a way of speaking…

Queen Hong: It is fine. Let me think about it. The news are so sudden. I had not received any bad omen. I will give you an answer tomorrow, maybe in the coming days.

Doctor Soon: I understand, Your Highness. I will wait your message. In the meantime, I will be glad to help or give you more details if you need it.

Queen Hong: It is enough so far. I will let you know. You can leave. I need time for myself right now.

Doctor Soon: Yes, Your Highness.

Doctor Soon leaves the room.

paralipomena:
Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um receives the Chief State Minister in one the residing buildings in the Outer Palace.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: You have finally arrived. It felt I was waiting forever.

Chief State Minister: Excuse me, sister. There were some important government affairs that I was forced to deal suddenly.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: It is alright. I hope that you're bringing good news at least.

Chief State Minister: I was at least able to confirm that the early reports were accurate. However, giving the recent replacement, we were not able to get the most accurate information. Or rather, detailed enough to have a complete picture.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: Is that so?

Chief State Minister: I can only confirm that it must be a serious condition, giving the secrecy and that a whole floor in the hospital will be empty, and that the Queen is expected to leave the palace in the next days. I am guessing that only the Grand King was informed.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: I see. Let's see where this goes.

Chief State Minister: I heard our cousin's daughter will arrive tomorrow to the capital.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: Ah yes, that's right. But your last information made me think. She may be good enough for us as a wife, but what about as a queen?

Chief State Minister: That wouldn't be too bad, for other reasons. However, let's not force our hand.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: You are right, of course. But the current situation is really boring me...In the meantime, you should take advantage of this situation and play your cards.

Chief State Minister: I'll do my best. What do you have in mind?

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: Don't overdo. Just offer something the Grand King is willing to get. If your information was right, it should not be too difficult to offer something appetizing but without substance.

Chief State Minister: Excellent. I have something in mind.

Lady Officer Moon: Excuse Your Highness...I see you're here as well, Your Excellency. I only came to inform you that the dinner is ready.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: Yes, I can see that I got late soon.

Chief State Minister: I'll leave in that case, sister. My business is finished here. I'll give you more information as soon as I can.

Grand Queen Dowager Jungjin Um: I wish we will be offered a precious gift. If not, let's hope our work at least yields results.

paralipomena:

Queen Hong strolls along Lady Officer Ko as they watch Princess Bokon walks in one of the gardens of the Inner Palace.

Lady Office Ko: Don't worry, Your Highness. I am certain that everything will be alright.

Queen Hong: Only the sun and the moon can know anything for certain. I'm not as concerned about what I would leave behind but all things I had failed to materialize.

Lady Office Ko: I can't see a reason not to be hopeful, Your Highness. I heard positive things about the doctor from the staff at the infirmary.

Queen Hong: You may be right but as most of things in life is either luck or it is already written.

Queen Hong (looking at the princess): I was a fool that I failed to realize that what it was a missing chance was my only and last chance.

Lady Office Ko: There are always different ways to play your cards. We can not change whatever is already behind us, Your Highness.

Queen Hong: I can feel the weight that is resting on my shoulders. The weight of my family and the weight of the future of this nation. But I am able to tolerate it only because I am not doing for them. After all these years, I could not care less.

Lady Office Ko: Yes, Your Highness.

Queen Hong: It is getting dark. Let's go back.

Lady Office Ko: Indeed, Your Highness. Princess...

paralipomena:
Grand King Wonhyo receives Prince Yun, the head of the Grand Royal Guard, in one of his offices in the Inner Palace.

Grand King Wonhyo: I'm glad to see you back again. I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon.

Prince Yun: It was not completely enjoyable. It was like being in charge with new tasks that I wouldn't have imagined they existed, particularly toward people I did not know or care about.

Grand King Wonhyo: I can imagine. It reminds of the days we were much younger. Those were tough days, but simple and closer to real life. I'm not sure if those tasks and responsibilities include yours as a husband.

Prince Yun: Not in particular. But I plan to take care of them as soon as possible. It is required to sow the future so we can take care of more urgent tasks.

Grand King Wonhyo: That's a wise choice. Do not make the same mistake I did.

Prince Yun: The circumstances are not, obviously, the same. My aim is to be as useful as I can right now. It is not likely that peace, here, could last for long.

Grand King Wonhyo: I do not believe that myself, even if the situation is rather calm right now.

Prince Yun: It may look so, but things, and much more than that, are already moving.

Grand King Wonhyo: I realized that in your absence. I see your travel did not keep you separated from good information.

Prince Yun: I suppose that they may have become much clearer now. But one could feel the shadows already in our first weeks here.

Grand King Wonhyo: That's possible. For that reason, I am not too happy you have to leave again. I would prefer to prepare the terrain for some of the plans we discussed as soon as possible.

Prince Yun: We can not afford that my troops are sent without my leadership. I must be there, even if that means to follow blindly their intent. But I will leave the palace in safe hands. Do not worry about that.

Grand King Wonhyo: They will pay the price if they dare to do so, I can promise you.

Prince Yun: In the meantime, it is your turn to prepare the future. I heard the preparations are almost ready. The excitation in certain quarters of the Outer Palace is clearly confirming such signs. It will be a difficult choice, but your hands may be as tied as mine.

Grand King Wonhyo: You're not exactly wrong. Unfortunately, any preparation can not be officially advanced until news arrive from Gyeongseon.

Prince Yun: Your words seem to show that you're in the knowledge of the nature of things that I ignore the details. I ignore which would be the most optimal situation, if fortunate or dreadful news, with all my apologies and due respect, in any case. I'm afraid I need to return to my duties before I leave the palace.

Grand King Wonhyo: Indeed. I wish you have a safe and successful return. The skies should be awaiting you with more formidable nights here, I am convinced.

Prince Yun: I really hope so. It is on your hands how many of these nights I will be able to see, of course. But I will do my part.

paralipomena:

Gyeongseon National University Hospital

Doctor Soon enters in the room, where she sees Queen Hong sat down on the bed.

Doctor Soon: You're already awake, Your Highness.

Queen Hong: Yes, I am. I can't believe how late it was when I wake up. I barely did about a hour ago.

Doctor Soon: I see, Your Highness. How do you feel? You should probably better to rest a bit.

Queen Hong: I am fine...considering the circumstances. I just felt a bit dizzy...but I'm fine. I was too uncomfortable to remain in the bed. I feel better now.

Doctor Soon: That's great, the dinner will arrive in about two hours, Your Highness. You may try to rest a bit. If you need any help, just push the botton as the nurse tell you and help will arrive. There will be a nurse and a doctor on the corner.

Queen Hong: I understand. How much time will I remain here?

Doctor Soon: The surgery was a success, and there will not be necessity of additional measures. We will be checking the situation in the coming weeks. However, Your Highness, there are some tests I would need before we leave, as well as your recovery, so you will have to remain two or three days in observation here. Still, it would be better to wait a few more days  before preparing your travel.

Queen Hong: That sound excessive, we already talked about that. I am completely fine already, I told you.

Doctor Soon: I don't doubt that, Your Highness. But while you are completely accustomed to the difference between here and the palace, your body after such procedure may not, or at least not completely. It is better wait a bit, until your body is healed and ready for the travel.

Queen Hong: It is not the right time for my absence, but I can still wait a pair of days more, I guess. Anyway, I would prefer to stay alone with my own sudden emptiness now.

Doctor Soon: Alright, Your Highness. I will return after your dinner with Mrs. Kim, the head psychologist. If you need anything, just let me know. See you later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version