Roleplay > History

OOC- Mundus Christianity (something I remembered)

(1/2) > >>

Achkaerin:
Not a criticism, not a major issue more something I remembered from when I joined back in 2014 - I discounted Christianity as Achkaerin's religion for several reasons but there were two major ones

1) Lack of Holy Land - this is now resolved and the Christian narrative in the Bible now makes sense when applied to Vanora and assuming Abydos takes the Egypt role in Exodus.

2) What I call the 'Paul Problem' - As Christians will be aware a large section of the New Testament in the Bible is given over to Paul's letters - written to small fledgling Christian communities in the very early days of the Church. Now obviously these places do not exist on Mundus so I struggle to reconcile the existence of the letters in the Mundus Bible given that the places ICly do not exist. I believe given that it would only be a semantic change and not a theological one that we could substitute in nations of Mundus or we have to establish where such cities might be. I am aware oh...controversy but given we're talking history a lot these days I thought I'd throw it out there.

We would essentially have the following -

Romans
1 Corinthians =
2 Corinthians =
Galations =
Ephesians =
Collosians =
1 Thessalonians =
2 Thessalonians =

Also we did do this (and it is just a thought) I'd want to pencil Achkaerin on the Corinthians or Corinth

Finally this is just because we've got a lot of Christian leaders in the spotlight and since Christianity does exist on Mundus it should at least make sense.

Norgeras:
Does your list mean we do have romans already? or am i just missing something

Libby:
There are five books, wouldn't it make sense for the books to be written in places that use Christianity as a part of their nation.

1. ES
2. Neu Uburzis
3. Mounjoy
4. Solonya
5. Brettonia

Norgeras:
you can cut me out, my people really where only a bunch of barbarians (think: germans) around the time those would have been written.

thats why i asked for the romans ;P

The Young Pope:
Well personally doesn't matter much to me, as long as it's convenient and works for everyone I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version