Author Topic: A Truth Sayer speaking the Truth...or really?  (Read 5109 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
A Truth Sayer speaking the Truth...or really?
« on: October 22, 2017, 12:28:17 AM »

Classified Email sent: to Duchess Anna Fremen and Krystina Garner

Anna and Krystina...

Let me just first of all, tell you both that I'm certainly not happy at all, on the contrary I'm quite very much dissappointed of the past activies that out beloved Truth Sayers are trying to accomplish as best to their...you know and I know that's starting to sound like a pure soup of BS right there. I'm the Chairman of some of Mundus' most successful companies; the family Bank, Umbrella Corp. and Oceanic World Travel...the amount of financial aid and resources I put to aid our sisters in the struggle against those commies bastards and those who vowed to destroy us...I expected quite the good results, instead I'm greeted by failure after failure. My God, do I REALLY NEED TO READ ON THE F@CKING NEWS LATELY ABOUT A DUSSIN TRUTH SAYERS DDYING AT THE HANDS OF MORELANDERS? THEY CAN'T ACQUIRE ONE NUCLEAR DEVICE DESPITE THE EQUIPMENT WHICH WE, THE FAVAS, HAVE FUNDED? ANSWER ME, YOU'RE ALL THE ONES RESPONSIBLE IN THE END...What the hell went wrong there huh, I was to be assured that this would never occur and yet it did, incompetence and stupidity at the highest levels...

If you still want my family's support and commitment, come and see me in the Umbrella HQ in Königsberg, Balticum, oh yes I made it so nice and convenient for you LADIES to meet you right in the heart of AK itself. Let's hear what you have to say shall we...

Augustine Fava, Chairman of Fava Bank, Umbrella Corp. and Oceanic World Travel

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM by The Young Pope »

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: A Truth Sayer speaking the Truth...or really?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 03:47:13 PM »
The e-mail was first opened by Anna Fremen, the head of one of the Four Holy Houses and one of the most prominent members of the Truthsayers what people didn't know was that she was also the commander of the mythical Swordmasters. She was of course aware of who this Augustin Fava was a prominent noble but not of any special standing. Their financial contributions were significant but it wasn't like the organisation desperately needed them each of the Four Holy Houses were rich enough and Niklaus Corrino was never shy putting his hand in his pocket. Anna picked up the phone and contacted Krystina, her daughter in law and the two put a plan into motion.

It was not really a job Rita wanted or ever saw herself having to do but orders were orders and while she liked the Fava family and loved her husband Sten (Augustine's grandson) very dearly she loved her Sisterhood more. It took her less than a day to gather together the equipment and she waited for Augustine to park his car at work. Out of view of the CCTV she put on the Ceremonial helmet and cloak, the green cape hiding her effectively. She walked up to the parked car and first stabbed Augustine's wife's crystknife into the front wheel, next she walked round to the passenger side and did the same using the knife of Augustine son Ulrich's wifes knife. Finally she made her way round to the rear of the vehicle and there used Madeline, his other son's wife, knife to pierce the tyre. The job done she stood for a moment in full view of the camera, her face hidden by the ornate helmet but allowing Augustine to see that the robes where those worn during a ceremony where a Mother was kicked out of the Sisterhood, it happened rarely but every Bene Gesserit worshipper knew the robes. She slid an envelope under the windscreen wiper and disappeared.

Quote from: Contents of Envelope

You are not a Truthsayer, you are not a member of the Sisterhood. We do not answer to you, infact your family answer to us. If you ever speak to a member of the Truthsayers or any other official in the manner you did so in your e-mail then rest assured we shall end you. Remember that we have Sisters within your house and within your bed, ask yourself this question, do they owe more loyalty to their Sisters with whom they have been raised and work for the benefit of God/Gods, or do they owe it to you a man that they were ordered to marry and have children with? Is that really an answer you want to find out?

As a result of this outburst it is now neccessary for your grand-daughter Jeanine to prove her loyalty to the Sisterhood, as such she will be removed from her role as a researcher and will retake the final year of Missionara Protectiva training. Meanwhile your 14 year old grand-daughter Annelies will now be expected to retake all her examination determining which branch of the Sisterhood she shall serve, she may very likely not achieve the grades needed to become a Mother, perhaps she'll end up as an Honored Matres and serve the Order that way. Your act of disloyalty has clearly had a deep impact on your families standing. Should you wish this to increase I would suggest that you perhaps think on of your actions towards the Sisterhood in general and the Truthsayers in particular. Your vehicle and your families crystknifes are the price we have charged for this indiscretion may Shai Halud spare you further costs.

Duchess Anna Fremen
[/quoet]

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:24:52 AM »
Some time later, Augustine was in the office drinking his nervousness and aggression away, after all those TruthSayer bicthes weren't something to get into a mess with certainly not, he did wonder if the paramilitary force of Umbrella was enough to protect him and his family? In that instance while he was pitying himself, without any warning whatsoever which totally caught him off guard, an aging man in his 70s...the door to the office suddenly opened and once he somehow managed to bring his head up from the table and put the booze on his side, he freaked out so much. "Oh SHEEEET...NO PLEASE!"

It was Thyrza Fava, a former yet still dangerous Missionara Protectiva and A renowned scholar, during her time working with the Bene Gesserit. She has written, under a psuedenim several books on the faith that are now required reading at the Lifeboat schools. She was ordered to marry Augustin and after moving to ES used her academic skills to help tutor their families children in matters of the faith. Once she found out the email through the rest of the family whoi contacted her to remind Augustin to behave himself and not fuck up shit...oh boy, with red-glazing eyes and a terrifying look on her face, she had to do what she had to do...

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!!" she simply less in a second went up to Augustin and started to beat the crap outta him which took a few minutes before slamming him into the wall, leaving him quite injured as bloody as hell, she herself got a bit of that red lifesource on her clothes and wiped her mouth, before taking a deep breather and sighing. "YOU FUCKING CRAZY BITCH, WHAT THE ELSE IS WRONG WITH YOU AND YOUR SICK CULT AND-!!!". Before Augustin could muster up more words, Thyrza had her say once more. "YOU'RE THE CRAZY BITCH, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, A WHORE-STRICKEN PUSSY-LAME-ASS HUSBAND I GOT, DEFYING NOT ONLY OUR LEADERS BUT THE GOD...GODS...WHATEVER THE FUCK WE BELIEVE IN, AS A MATTER OF FACT. WHAT THE HELL HAS GONE THROUGH YOUR HEAD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD?! YOU THINK IT WAS INSTANT LOVE BETWEEN US WHEN YOU FORCED YOUR LIL' COCK INTO MY HAIRY HOLE HUH SO I COULD PUMP OUT OUR BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN? MY LOVE GREW FOR YOU DURING THE YEARS BUT MY LOVE TO THE SISTERHOOD HAS ALWAYS BEEN FAITHFUL AND PURE...YOU'VE NOW ALMOST DESTROYED ANY CREDIBILITY, RESPECT AND TRUST I HAVE FOR YOU AUGGIE...IF YOU THINK YOU COULD THREATEN YOUR FAMILY WAY OUT WITH MONEY YOU'RE DEAD WRONG FOR FUCK'S SAKE, THE BENE GESSERIT, TRUTH SAYERS...EVERYONE OF US CAN'T ESCAPE THE UNDONE, CAN'T ESCAPE OUR DESTINY...YOUR LACK OF PATIENCE FOR OUR PROGRESS THAT IS TO COME, OUR ETERNAL SAVVIOR KAWARACH TRULY DISGUSTS ME YOU FILTHY OLD BAG!"

At that moment the Umbrella Security guards entered the room with their guns drawn since Augustin during the fight managed to press a panick-alarm button to summon them. "Sorry, accidentally pressed the button while me and Wifey had...rough pleasure...so to say, heh", confusing the guards as they holstered their guns. Thryza then managed to calm down, sit beside Augustin who was lying on the floor, petting his head and kissing it while saying. "Don't you see my dear husband? All the while you thought everyone was under your control...don't get me wrong a brilliant businessman who founded Oceanic World Travel dealing with airplanes and cruise ships...What you have done is almost unforgivable but you need to remember your place, man up for once, quit the damn booze drinking and accept Duchess Fremen's punishment she has for our granddaugters, and everyone in the family consider them as too lenient but Anna has always been kind and merciful to us...no matter what they'll become it's for the glory to the God, Gods...The corporation doctor will soon patch you up, meaning once that's done do begin on a renewed path! See you later at dinner honey ok, the kids will be with us.  :))"

After the Umbrella guards left along with Thyrza...the physically and mentally damaged Augustin was sitting on the floor trying to bring himself to composure, it was the first time he ever felt...small...in such a apparently larger world than he could have ever imagined. He thought he had things under control but after this incident, he seemed to have gotten a sense of new perspectives to look at. He knew that he was already in the game and couldn't break himself free from it along with his family, but perhaps it was the Gods will after all..."I'll come right down...dinner truly sounds nice...yummy yum yum..." he told himself.

OOC: Duchess Anna Fremen re-reading the letter...

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:01:52 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:10 PM »

Classified Message to REVERENED MOTHER Erin MacGregor

Your most gracious and absolute holiness, I salute thee as I Cardinal Emilé Fava would like to once more renew my family's commitment to the Bene Gesserit cause and atone for grivieous, past mistakes which shall never, ever be repeated again in which I swear on my mother's grave. As you may know, the BG community in the Ecclesiastical State is one of the most succesful and thriving in Mundus despite with no official, established chapter house and it's common knowledge that there are 4 traditional of such institutions.

However, I hereby propose that an additional fifth chapterhouse must be established in the Ecclesiastical State; His Holiness Pope Peter II has for a few years back appointed myself as the very Viceroy of the Ecclesiastical State, namely the right hand man of the Pontiff himself and as such wield an unprecedented amount of authority. This is the best position a true believer could ever achieve when it comes to Ecclesiastical positions in the society and what better opportunity couldn't it be when our people are at the strongest? All of us are aware that the recent heightened security measures will complicate things, however as we trust in our Divinity no matter what...these are tiny obstacles that are easily overcome and I can assure your holiness that there's always one way or the other loop holes.

Please, if there's anything more the Favas could do for the BG cause please state so next time in your awaited reply, I can't simply wait for the ideas that your holiness possess so much.

Sincerely,

Cardinal Emilé Fava

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:35:03 AM »
Sarah Cameron was a Swordmaster, the elite of the Truthsayers and someone who didn't exist according to Bene Gesserit officials, to them she was a roving Missionara. It was her tasks to in the dead of night slip the note under the door of his official residents so in the morning the crisp creamy envelope was there

To:- Cardinal Fava

I have no knowledge of the past indiscrections of your family. Therefore we must conclude that just as the sand eventually erodes away the hardest of desert rock they have been forgotten.

I thank you for your offer. The Chapterhouses are currently under great scrutiny however they shall remain the bastions of our faith, dedicated to preparing the Sisterhood for the challenges of a great future disaster. However as you will no doubt be aware when so many years ago our forefathers fled Kaitaine for the safety of foreign shores each Chapterhouse was to remain under the influence and contact of a Holy House, of which there are four. With no Holy House to oversee a new Chapterhouse I must decline your offer.

I do however never wish to disappoint the faithful who are willing to work towards the betterment of our organisation. I therefore have a counter-proposal for you. Our faith has and always shall be governed by the Sisterhood, it was passed to us by Selim Wormrider that only women can truly connect with God/Gods, because after all was it not them who gave birth to us, something only a woman can do thus making them close to God. What we do have however is many sons of faithful families unable to be educated in our faith, and while we shall not mirror a Chapterhouse, for that would be heretical, we would be interested in establishing a Guild School. Here male students shall learn about our faith and history, they shall not however be subject to the same levels of religious teaching and shall be prepared to serve as representatives of the faith in their everyday lives, hopefully preparing them for a time when we can return to the Holy Land of Seitch.

I shall dispatch two of our Missionara Protectiva to meet with you in private and further discuss the matters if you wish. Please address any correspondence to Rita Faminio, Thirza Fava's daughter in law and a loyal Truthsayer.

May Shai Halud Guide you

EM

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
"There...finally done!" Cardinal Fava said as he managed to finish booking tickets for the two very important missionara protectiva that were going to come and visit ES pretty soon, only in a matter of few days time and thus important to make good impressions. He voluntarily used his own funds, picking the best OWA class money could purchase. Oceanic World Airways owners were the Favas naturally and as such became quite a popular airline for many Bene Gesserit and especially its Truthsayers, even the majority of the staff belonged to the faith and thus things tended to go quite as smooth as one could've hoped for. Border control was going to be toucher than expected but he trusted the Trauthsayer instincts to kick in, as well as pre-determined inside job. Now the only issue he had to figure out is where the talks were going to be held, somewhere definitely discreet without any outsider uncovering the mastering scheme...certainly not within the Vatican...Celestis is still too public for Fava's taste...it would have to be held outside the downtown...In any case on the day of their arrival he would wait there for them in the terminal area.

Spoiler:  Plane booking + brochure • show

Origin: Mountjoy
Destination: Ecclesiastical State
Number of Passengers: 2
Ages Of Passengers: Adult
Names of Passengers: MacReachtain, Blair and Atreides, Karin
Round-Trip?:  No
Departure Date: 23/5/2018
Return Date (If round-trip):
Class of Travel: Premier
Special Requests?:

A Premier class suite aboard one of our A340-600s

Oceanic World Airways's Premier Class - an experience only available aboard our longer-haul aircraft - is an experience unlike any other, and an experience only available aboard Oceanic World Airways. Even when you get out of your car at the airport, you'll be pleased to see that the red carpet is already rolled out for you. Check-in areas exclusive for Premier passengers, priority boarding, and expedited security lines are just some of the features you can expect on the ground. And that's just the beginning. When you take your seat, after being greeted by some of the friendliest flight attendant staff you'll ever meet, you'll find yourself in not simply a seat - but indeed, a suite. Your leather seat, surely the widest and most comfortable you've ever been in on an airline, adjusts itself automatically in many ways to ensure your in the most comfortable position possible for your flight. Personal lamps in each seat allow you to read or write without disturbing fellow passengers or having to awkwardly reach for that overhead light. Eat your meals on fine china, with actual silverware, with a full 5-courses guaranteed to satisfy you - and the exquisite mingling of delicious flavors from all around the world will help make your dinner aboard Oceanic World Airways not simply eating, but dining. Fine alcohol from some of the most remote regions of the world and tirelessly taste-tested by some of the most discerning connoisseurs the world over will enchant your taste buds as well. And when that's done, and you're all full and tired from a long day of relaxation, allow our flight attendants to offer you turndown service while you have some drinks and talk with fellow passengers at the bar (only aboard our A340 and certain A330 aircraft). When you return, you'll find your seat converted into a fine bed, with multiple sheets made from some of the finest materials around the world adorning your place of rest. Amenity kits including shades, earplugs, perfumes, and anything else a fine traveler could possibly want during a long, intercontinental flight will also be found aboard. And when you arrive, you'll be the first to deplane the aircraft and have baggage and transportation services, complimentary, of course, at your disposal. Truly, Oceanic World Airways's Premier Class is an experience like no other.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 08:51:59 PM »
Blair was not particularly happy, first off she'd much rather have been in Seitch with the Truthsayers fighting but that wasn't allowed, her calling in the Sisterhood was to be a scholar and despite prefering a rifle to a pen she was a great scholar. She'd earned a repuation as the Sisterhood's "Warrior Poet" and she knew the importance of the Sisterhood maintaining elements of secrecy. She and Karin Atreides, wife of one of the Holy Houses usually travelled under assumed names and if travelling with another did so seperately, but this Cardinal had already booked the tickets and so they were now committed.

"Perhaps that's half the Fava's problems" Blair's finger flashed as the pair used Double speak to have a silent conversation as verbally they chatted about the tourist sites they'd see giving the impression they were just wealthy tourists.Each slight hook and waggle of a finger meant something and only those in the Sisterhood knew the secret language, fewer could use it properly as that took real skill to verbally say one thing while signing discreetly something else. The Missionara where generally the only people who used it the way it had been intended while all Chapterhouse graduates knew the artform.

"Hopefully they've remembered the Christianity is just an act" Karin's fingers spelt out quickly.

"Guess we'll see soon enough" The light came on for landing and the two ended their secret conversation. They made their way through customs easy enough and began looking for familiar faces or at least a sign they could guess was aimed at them.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 10:38:05 PM »
A limo driver working for Cardinal Fava, as well as a BG faithful, was instructed to welcome and lead the two Missionara Protectiva to the tinted vehicle. As he was wating inside the terminal, carrying none of those silly signs that are usually standard when waiting for guests to arrive, he took notice of some peculiar women who seemed to be wealthy at first glance; he may have belonged to the majority of the faithful not skilled in Double Speak but he sure did recognise the hand gestures while the women were discussing with one another. Waiting for the right opportunity, he went up to them and said something only a true believer would be able to understand, acting as a code for assurance that the 'right' people had been expecting them. "If you could please follow me and oh I'll take those bags if you wouldn't mind..."

The trio made their way out of the main airport terminal and already could one see the majestic alps in the background, making a rather great impression on returnees and visitors alike. After the driver put the baggage in the trunk, he kindly opened the limo door for them. Well inside they could instantly recognise at least one of the two faces. "Welcome ladies and missionara protectiva, it's such an honor to receive you here in the Ecclesiastical State, about time I'd say. Hope the flight we booked for you went well and had plenty of food, entertainment and most importantly of all sleep...To my side here is...well I'll let you do the honors..." Fava let the unknown face speak up.

"I'm Dr. Hugo Strange, lead researcher and CEO of Umbrella Corporation and naturally a faithful of the Bene Gesserit; pleasure to make your acquaintance Lady Atreides and Ms. MacReachtain. Please don't dwell on my part as to why I've been invited by my dear old friend the Cardinal, let's just say that the Umbrella Corporation and I are at the Mother's service...from gadgets, weapons to viruses even hehe." he smiled as he poured up some complimentary beverages.

Cardinal Fava signalled the driver to put full on gas as the vehicle speedily made its way out of the airport. "We're currently on our way to an undisclosed location suitable for our gathering here today, can't trust finer establishments as the Inquisition have their eyes and ears everywhere, unfortunately. In any case, am glad the Mother has so far shown the divinity's merciful embrace and forgiven us the Favas for our trespasses; which is why it's no better opportunity to regain the trust from our beloved faithful. An newly erected Guild School in the Ecclesiastical State is truly an innovative plan and would like for this to come into frutition and that we faithful here in this land support to the absolute maximum. I assume you're both here to not only discuss this further but also pick the suitable real estate to house the school in?" Fava said.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »
The two women weren't big fans on the snow and the Alps, after all the Bene Gesserit sisters considered themselves desert creatures and as such prefered the warmth and the sand. "The flight was good thank you" Karin began, she was the higher ranked of the two and being married to an Atreides meant she was as well connected as any Bene Gesserit sister could short of being the Reverned Mother. Mention of the viruses caused the two girls fingers to begin twicthing as Karin spoke, "Thank you for the offer but I am sure it won't come to that." Meanwhile the fingers had said, "Is this guy insane we want to retake  Kiataine not infect our people."

"There is one concern" Blair began, "This Guild School will need to be monitored by a member of the Bene Gesserit, what concerns us is who within your nation would be willing to put their name to it. I don't believe the Fava name could be, by doing so you will expose your family and the impact upon your place in society, and the places the family have reached would be destroyed. Your nation have already begun taking steps against Bene Gesserit movements following the Morelanders, we can't predict what would happen if this gets announced. We also need to know how controlling the state here is of educational establishments." Blair finished and looked across at Karin.

"We'd also appreciate speaking privately with Rita Faminio while here. Wherever your taking us we would like her brought there to." Karin added.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 08:29:01 AM »
"Hehe, Hugo and his jokes, isn't that right?" Fava chuckled a bit before the Dr. gave him a serious look which made the Cardinal turn his gaze towards the MPs before realizing it wasn't a joke at all. "Oh, I see, well then..." as it turned into an awkward moment before Blair and Karin began to speak up again. "Good thinking but naturally I wasn't going to suggest any of the Favas to supervise the Guild House...this is why I brought Dr. Strange" the Cardinal paused as a smile began to creep up on the Dr. "Dr. Strange may be...Strange certainly, but even the Strangest individuals are the best assets available." Cardinal Fava concluded. "I can assure you that I'm not the type who's flaunting personal religon in public, as no one else knows so far my true alleigance and thus my best secrets are well kept." Dr. Strange said, "However if there's someone else suitable for this task...I'm more than willing to accept it."

The Limo was nearing its destination as Fava continued talking, "When it comes to the State's involvement in the Educational system...All children are entitled to free early childhood education. Schools are funded equitably by the central government, with funding distributed to schools on a fair basis. The central government manages nationwide regulations and the National Curriculum, while local government manages the individual schools. Private schooling is certainly allowed to exist, as long as they can meet the national standard which shouldn't be in any case an issue at all. Also, I've already told Rita to meet us there, everything's been take care of...Ah, this may not be the desert but water's surely appreciable?"

The entourage reached one of the loads of fjords in ES known as Nærøyfjord, which along the Alps made the country quite famous for its outdoor activity opportunites as well as Serene beauty combined with a unique cultural heritage based on Alpine-Nordism, the majority of its people sharing the same blood with their NÅ counterparts. It was planned that the talks would continue undisturbed on a privately-hired ferry; the limo stopped by the local pier, with Fava taking in the fresh air as it seemed he lost a bit of his touch with desert climate after all. "Please come abord...." Fava gestured, "We're about to begin our scenic tour...might as well catch up with Rita..." as there she was standing in front of them on the deck.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 11:01:44 PM »
Rita was delighted to see her old friends as it had been almost two years since she'd seen Karin. The two had got to know each other when Rita was becoming a Truthsayer at Chapterhouse, it was only during the younger girls later years at the school that she had been determined to be special and rather than joining a regular Truthsayer unit she had been assigned to marry into the Fava family, thus hopefully cementing their loyalty to the Sisterhood. During her near two years of marriage to Sten Fava she'd been more like a PA to him, ensuring he focused on getting his Masters degree while secretly hoping she'd get sent to one of the units that was one day hoping to return to the Holy Land. Blair of course knew everyone, as a roving Missionara and one with an interest in the military aspect of the Sisterhood she'd been around a fair bit and once they'd caught up on each others news they settled down to the ferry ride.

"I wanted Rita here for a number of reasons" Karin who had obviously been nominated as the parties leader began, "She's part of your family but part of the Sisterhood. She knows both the needs of our Order and the capabilities of this land. She is someone we can count upon to make sure that what you say is accurate" Karin received an appreciative nod from Rita whose fingers also flickered the words "Thanks....no pressure then as the two shared a smile.

"Being surrounded by so much water isn't normal" Blair observed as the ferry began its journey, "Imagine if we could get just half of this in Seicth, we'd fulfill the properchy of Selim Wormrider in short time" the two other girls grinned.

"But then where would Shai Halud dwell" Karin joined her at the guard rail.

"He can learn to swim" the three girls chuckled before turning back to their host. "So what will we see on this tour" Karin asked

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 02:40:03 PM »
"These Normans would say the opposite if they ever ventured into the Holy Land, how unnatural it is surrounded by sand" Fava replied as the ferry started its journey through the breathtaking Fjord. "Well as you would expect, the only thing we'll get to see is to admire the beautiful views and pitqoresque villages situated alongside the banks, as much as it would hurt your 'normal' senses according to what's beautiful and not. Luckily it's going to be sunny all day long otherwise this entire event would've been dull and quite depressing with the rain". the Cardinal proceeded to sit down with the MPs and Dr. Strange when he realised he almost forgot to introduce someone.

"Where are my manners?" He made a clear whistle and it didn't take too long before two individuals belonging to the Fava family showed up from the lower deck. "May I introduce you to my beloved niece Sophia and her loyal companion Coco?" Both the niece and the dog went up to them and greeted, with Sophia twitching her fingers apologising for the inappropriate venue while Coco seemed to be happy about the guests, "Vooff Vooff!" rolling around in the process. "Hehe, we sometimes joke that the spirit of Shai Halud's alive within him." Sophia added.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
Sophia was no stranger to the girls, after all the Missionara knew each other rather well and there was a nodded greeting between Blair, Karin and the new arrival. There was something odd however about the girls comments about her dog that caused a few puzzled looks between the Bene Gesserit visitors. Shai Halud was the mystical giant sandworm that came to claim departing souls and carry them into the desert. The giant creature was the harbringer of doom and thus to call a playful dog the embodyment of such a thing was odd. "So do you yhave a venue or two in mind for our plan" Karin asked bringing the discussion back to what was neccessary for their mission.

Rita had seen all this before, she'd lived here for a few years now since moving from Vaguzia, the KGB had even tried killing her here a few months back. She'd explored many of these hills and while the remoteness was nice and would make things easy to keep secluded it wasn't neccessarily the terrain you'd expect to find a school. "Where are we heading?" she asked while still staring out the window.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 11:03:01 PM »
Sophia then blased into a full laughter and managed to affect the others present including her dear Uncle, although like with the other MP's felt a bit of worry in such a joke, surely some sort of discussion would ensue later about making the appropriate jokes in front of their colleagues as humor didn't translate one way or the other when it came to the BG, in any case the worries were flushed away at least momentarily, so the Cardinal could focus on their guests.

"Well thank you for raising that point Karin, thanks to our property contacts I think there's a suitable venue currently for sale and yes, already put a bidding on it...Umbrella capital naturally hehe." He showed them copies of broschures.

This splendid castle at the door of Miragliano, was built in 1593 on the ruins of the old east tower, still visible today. Property of an illustrious Lombardy family until the end of the 1800’s, this castle was for a long time the venue of many cultural events and conferences attended by personalities like Alessandro Volta, Antonio Scarpa and Lorenzo Mascheroni. It was later bought by another eminent family in 1900, when it underwent a great work of restoration converting it to private abode. This is the status by which it is presented today, perfectly kept and preserved in all its detail. The garden was redesigned and restored at the time: the architect who carried out this project worked on the basis of a 1737 design by Giovanni Antonio Veneroni. The hill overlooking the Norman style garden is terraced. The result is outstanding: it is a marvel to the eye and the result is truly unique. Unique as the castle, just a few kilometres from Miragliano. Built with bare brick, the estate features a central body  and two wings marked by two square towers overlooking a courtyard with a breath taking view. A driveway of 3 kilometres crosses the private park of woods, fields and vineyards, arriving at the castle positioned on the top of a hill. The building is completely surrounded by green: there are in fact two gardens: one positioned on the south side and the other on the north side.  The first has a typical Norman-Italian style layout with box hedges, lawns, lanes, lemon nurseries and statues of gods and nymphs.  The second is an English style garden, with larch tree woods, oaks and chestnut trees. In the inside, this prestigious castle for sale is a sight to the eyes. The main floor is rich in richly decorated halls, with frescos and finely furnished, refined drawing rooms and elegant dining rooms. A perfectly functional puppet theatre and a small internal chapel. In addition to this prestigious castle for sale in Miragliano we find the stables with three antique carriages complete with all its trappings.
Spoiler: Gallery • show

"Quite a delicate choice, has the history and charms to be an appropriate school, not to mention the wide amount of space inside and outside if you count that beauitful garden overlooking the Lombardian landscape, and just a few kilometers from Miragliano...enough privacy yet at the same time not too far from civilisation. I like the addition of a chapel, could easily be turned into a BG one. So, does it seem fine or wish to know another option? Also I would recommend suggesting one property that may strike as suitable for the Guild School...As for your curiousness Rita, well trust me that we're gonna head to some of these remote villages situated in the Alps and Fjords, gosh their names are totally outlandish for me to pronounce properly, something Germanic; rest assured that this boat's on full steam right now it won't be too long." Cardinal Fava simply said.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »
The building did look rather impressive, a mixture of old buildings and greenery. It appeared at least from the images they could see to be of a decent size for their needs and if the grounds were how they seemed to be it could provide some expansion space should the school take off. "What I'm most interested in though is how we can make this school work, I know in recent days your government has begun taking measures to make travel of the Bene Gesserit more difficult, this could be a threat to our system if we can't find a method to get around the possible restrictions, any suggestions there?" Karin asked as she handed the brochure around the group.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 03:59:00 PM »
The ship came to a halt as it docked at the little village's harbour. The Cardinal escorted the truth sayers to a vehicle convoy, "We're actually on our way to the property right now. So sit back and relax girls, this ride will take a few hours." he said. The limousine with a trail of SUVs drove across the dramatic landscapes the Church state had to offer, valleys with lakes in the middle and mountains surrounding it to wide and open, green plains where cattle wearing big bells around their necks were grazing the grass, under the supervision of the farmers; sooner or later they reached the Lombardian region, with a wide array of climates, due to local variances in elevation, proximity to inland water basins, and large metropolitan areas from tropical to the temperate zones.

Once they reach the giant estate, the entourage were led to a set table overlooking the garden and the magnificent views, as it was time for lunch. For appetizer, they had Saffron Risotto, Ossobuco with Polenta as main course and finally for dessert, Nocciolini (dry biscuits) washed down with some coffee on the side. "I wouldn't worry if I were you; these restrictions may seem harsh on paper but in reality I don't see why it would cause anymore complications; as long as the candidates have a fairly clean background and keep their heads cool, they'll be able to enter ES without a hassle. If this still somehow concerns you, well then I'll in turn ask any suggestions." he said.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 11:24:55 PM »
"My concern" Blair began, "Is that we'll be having young people coming here unaccompanied and that carries with it several issues in itself. Add to that the fact that they'll all need visas. Applying for a school teaching the Bene Gesserit faith is likely to impact the visa process I would think? Especially since as being part of the CNN your nation is required to share intelligence with East Moreland who have labelled our entire religion terrorists. How do you propose we get around these issues?" She asked as she plonked a sugar lump into a black coffee

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 09:24:33 AM »
"I don't know every nation's attitude regarding a large amount of unaccompanied minors but in the case of the Ecclesiastical State, it's common nowadays, so as I said before and wouldn't mind repeating this...as long as most of one's records are clean and the papers in good order, it shouldn't arouse any suspicion at all. VISAs here, VISAs...I'm pretty sure that many of our aspiring students come from nations who've signed VISA-free agreements with ES as well as the CNN; applying for a school or university teaching in a specialised way wouldn't at all impact the possible VISA applications, intelligence sharing is a matter of quantity and how much one can filter out the qualitative aspects. Trust me when I say that everything would turn out to be fine; these are only minor peculiarities that are in the end non-threatening to us all. This isn't East Moreland my dear, this is the Ecclesiastical State of Christ under the leadership of quite a sympathetic Pope Peter II." Fava said. "One again, feel free to propose suggestions otherwise...Unless you haven't forgotten, I'm the second most powerful man in this realm and if any irregularities would arise...rest assured that I'll take care of it no matter what."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:16:24 AM by The Young Pope »