Government > Conference Hall

A Summit For Reform

<< < (3/3)

KaiserAdolf:
We don't need government. We just need administrators. Both on NS and diacord.

Beatrice:
The nice thing about the proposal put forth is it allows for those who do retain an interest in gameplay affairs to manage those in a down-sized capacity while focusing the majority who are principally concerned with RP to manage and focus upon the RP. At the same time it preserves the capability of the Order to re-engage with gameplay affairs in a more in-depth manner should majority opinion change by leaving in place a structure which is engaged in the Gameplay front that can be built upon in the case we find a greater Gameplay desire. We'll retain a footing there, but it won't be one which puts perhaps unwanted pressure on people who wouldn't want to engage.

TL;DR, the proposal as put forth allows the handful of people who do have an interest in gameplay to pursue those interests on behalf of the Order while allowing the RP majority to do their thing without being bothered. Should that change, we'll have a footing in gameplay and a structure that can be easily built upon. Nobody is pressured into anything they don't wish to engage in.

Beatrice:
Without guidance from the Premier (his last post here being made November the 28th) I believe it would be of benefit for us to continue moving forward in this discussion and put into place a system which best ensures the interests of the Order. As I stated in my last post the system set forth initially allows those who do maintain an interest in gameplay to act in those interests, while allowing RP functions to be delegated to those primarily concerned with RP. Should the situation at some point change and a greater desire for gameplay develop we will have maintained a presence and have an infrastructure from which we can build.

In recent days the Vice Chancellor and I have revisited this topic while discussing further options. This has seen a proposal in which the Chancellery may propose legislation. Following the proposal for a new law there would be a minimum of 72 hours to gather 3 objections. Should 3 people object the proposed law would go to referendum. If not, it would become law.

It is my goal to see a resolution ready by at least the end of the month and a new system implemented and in place shortly thereafter.

Norgeras:
Drop the Naming already xD

Chancellors, Vice chancellors, Fancy Pantsellors. xD We need a clean cut that most of us aren't "gameplay" oriented. Keeping up this pretense is just going to keep hurting us, and it makes reading the Rules section a royal pain in the Back. It feels more like reading an RP Post than actually working on Problems. We already aren't a Gameplay Presence since the Reset, so i don't think we need to built up something again that we aren't. We do, however need a stronger Game Presence in Nationstates.

I am taking invitations, forum, someone to actually read overarching things there. As much as i hate to Admit it we do need that connection, just i think we should make a dry cut of where we RP, and where we don't. We won't fall of the Earth, and the Gameplay oriented members are already members of at least 2 Regions to start with. Embassy Construction and Maintenance has nothing to do with "Gameplay" in the Sense most Regions treat it.

CGJ:

--- Quote ---Drop the Naming already xD
--- End quote ---

NO :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version