Author Topic: The Defense Journal  (Read 14023 times)

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Heyra / Vinitsia
The Defense Journal
« on: November 26, 2017, 09:40:10 PM »

The Defense Journal was founded in 1950, the same time as the construction of The Defense City following the total annihilation of Heyra City and Bellefaye with the Mhorish War and its construction as replacement of the two ex-capital cities of the Heyran Restauration for hosting all the economical and governmental institutions, along serving as a basement for the Heyran stock exchange. The Defense Journal was created with a sole purpose to inform The Defense City of economical news of the new Heyran Republic and of the International Market. The Journal also give often interviews along economical reviews on nations and companies in addition to the daily news.

In early 2018, The Defense Journal engage talks with major banks, from Ardia and Coft Aranye following rumours, to scale up the Journal both virtually and physically, for ensuring a widely spread information which would be controlled and managed by a pro-market redactions.

The 21st July, The Defense Journal officially become international, even if it already had some publications outside of the Heyran Republic, following major investments and the creation of a certain balance by the 5 Holdings, The Defense Journal open its redaction for any economic review or article of any company, of any continent, of anything.

Spoiler: Pre-21st July 2018 Logo • show

Spoiler: Current Logo • show

OOC: Feel free to use this thread to, you too, post articles on this newspapers. There are only a few limits, which are the following: Maintain a pro-Laissez Faire and Capitalist speech, have a corporate language along respect the “graphic chart”.

Code: [Select]
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qXVNBKw.png?1[/img][/center]

YYYY/MM/DD,
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:56:39 PM by Nova »
Republica Senină Vinitsìa
NationsStates | Factbook | Newspaper | Communiqués

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Defense Journal
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »

2018/01/14,

News coming from the other side of the border this time, with effectively the well-known producer of thing that goes as fast as possible, the Morelander EMAC effectively announced in a communiqué the opening and creation of a subsidiary, “EMAC Heyra”. The construction of the building will be done in the city of Neton North West of The Defense, on the way to East Moreland on road and railway, allowing easy access to such strategic place, which have been the Heyran heart when coming to nanotechnologies, particularly with Nanobiotix which is under the process of creating a cure to cancer since 2002, much work to be done! The new place created by EMAC will naturally of all the tax breaks made available by the “Foreign Investments Tax Rescue Act” of 1992, which truly changed Heyran face after decades of issues and troubles getting back from the hated Mhorish Campaign defeat which totally ruined the country. A total of 20 jobs are expected to be created in the coming months by this new subsidiary of EMAC, along the production of the first ejectable seats. The future employees are expected to have studied in East Moreland for naturally working conditions and environment with the central EMAC which changes a bit from Heyran manners. Question about expanding the activity of this little start-up created in an incubator by EMAC is in question, like the testing phases or even the repairs parts which are heavy to handle or if in the first place, this start-up would succeed to meeting EMAC expectations.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:20:34 PM »

2018/02/16,

Today, the company BioTech, based in the Weltor Extension near The Defense, which is an extension specialized in nanotechnologies along biological development research, announced today to have successfully grown bones in one of its laboratory. The company of around 200 people have known some major events in those recent months, having saw a great turn-out of its effectives, making the investors fear the worst for the future of the company. This is however now spared, with such news taking-off in most medias, BioTech may claim more funds from its private investors which have yet to fully size the potential of this company, which may take off at any point. This news gives hope to the CEO along the Board, about BioTech seeking its purpose, and finally finding a first answer to a path to it. The procedure however to add those “spare body parts” of bones so, which are very much alive stated the company, are however, to be heavily costly announced the company over a press conference, with 90 000 USD estimated for a single operation, something which is questioning if the Heyran Government will follow its current policy of fully funding all the healthcare costs for the citizens. Such announcement open new possibilities for the medicine sector along people which are to be handicapped, or have osteoporosis, infections, cancer, or trauma accidents, could find themselves with new bones up to seven times stronger than an original bone.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:50:01 PM »

2018/03/24,

Today the Fava Organisation have announced its Mundus Finance and Banking Division siege will be moved for 2021 in The Defense, Heyra. Effectively, even if the Heyran capital of Finance have already been hosting the subsidiary Fava Organisation Alba Karinya Finance and Banking Division, which still hold many transactions and massives flux for the Group for the continent, which represent after all more then 7 trillions USD, the place been chosen to host the upper Division which manage the Mundus Affairs.

This declaration comes after the Bubonic Plague have been declared in many States, and with the answer of the Heyran Republic to close and suspend all transportations network or with severe controls such as the airports which are still functional. A put in quarantaine also have been made throughout the nation, with the military taking the control of the overall nation. This is maybe such drastic actions taken by the Heyran Government which comforted this decision of the Fava Organisation to move the current Division’s siege to Heyra.

The Division is expected to take its offices in the Ava Tower, a new tower unveiled a few hours following the announcement. This Tower shall consist of 64 000 m2, 34 floors and be 142 meters tall, it will not only host the Fava Organisation Mundus Finance and Banking Division, but will also see the FO Alba Karinya Finance and Banking Division be moved there in lower floors for centralisation purposes. An interesting thing about the design is that a pedestrian Bridge is to be built and will pass through the Tower, the Tower which shall have a very Ecclesiastical style. This announce happens as the B.F.C.F.I. have just been ratified by both Parliaments after signatures by His Holiness the Pope and President Blackwind. This treaty not only facilitate VISAs for citizens of both nations, but also financial flux, banking data exchanges, taxation restrains along local laws relaxation, making this announce potentially an indirect reference to this Treaty.

It is expect to maintain at flow around 2 000 persons permanently once its construction is finished, and will gather 600 millions in the Heyran Economy for its 3 years of construction.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »

2018/03/30,

Mademoiselle Raphaela Mareshal, youngest Partner of Welt, becoming a rising figure in the company and the general sector, but also more largely The Defense, have accorded us an interview in order to bring to our readers more detailed informations on Welt along the secrets of such success and rising ambition of Mareshal and talk about news.

Good morning Mrs Mareshal, thank you for having agreed to this interview.

RM: A share pleasure.

What is it like, to be such young, and be considered already a Partner of Welt, which remains after all, the biggest Heyran company with around 7 800 employees?

RM: It feels good! [laughs] In all honesty, that was what I was seeking, deep inside me, I always wished to get to such position. This remains also the biggest Heyran company, but remains very small very compared to many other corporations, just quoting a single example, F.O. as an example [Fava Organisation] or Rivière, Abstergo or again Musashi Automata. Even if Welt influence on those greater companies is certainly not to be reduced!

You quoted several foreign companies, does your future projects include moving to other companies?

RM: Maybe? Who knows? Our Republic have strong economical ties with the most powerful financial places, and our greatest companies cooperate with them on several matters, mostly on Consulting and Financial issues as it remains a Heyran speciality fortunately for us. I must admit, that I’d gladly do in the future I.T.C. [Internal Transformation Consulting], but for now, I feel very good in Welt, and there are several projects which I wish to lead.

What kind of projects?

RM: Well, for example you may have noticed, but F.O. [Fava Organisation] Finance and Banking Division will be moving to The Defense in 2021, and we have good hopes to get a long-term partnership with them. We also have H.O., T.O. and F.C. offers, which are promising heavy investments from clients, along potential middle-term contracts on Transformation Consulting engagements, and such challenge is very exciting, not only for the potential results, but also for the many risks which that involve.

How old are you?

RM: I’ll keep that for myself. But I can say I’m under 25.

On the 42 Partners, you’re one of the only 4 people being under 40 years old, and the only 1 under 25 years old, the youngest of the Partners, how do you interact with the others?

RM: Age doesn’t change many things. I think it’s more the maturity of the people, and their energy along will to do what they want that pushes people to get that title. And, at the same time, in the end, it’s just a title, operationally with the people I used to work with, it changes little, my team is always as effective as it previously was, I just got more responsabilities, but more importantly, more possibilities.

What are the secret of Welt?

RM: Secrets are obviously made to remain secrets, otherwise they wouldn’t be. I believe however, that the key to a proper company, is to have, what we call a “niaque”, a defined purpose, and all our bandwidth, putting it in it, believing in it, dreaming of it, thinking permanently and acting for it. Obsession is the key.

Talking of keys, what are the keys of the future of the Heyran economy?

RM: Interesting question! Since… Always actually, Heyra have been open to the Mhorish and Illumic. I believe that if East Moreland haven’t been isolationist back in time, this would have drastically changed this, but that’s reality. Trade passing through the Illumic and Mhorish still represents 96% of Heyran trade imports, and 98% exports. President Blackwind along VP for Foreign Affairs Therz got us in the A.K.O. [Alba Karinya Organisation], breaking a bit our political exile from the continent, and they potentially wish to open our economy further with the continent. However this seems totally irrealistic. We may well see what are the present results with the bubonic plague, it’s the only thing so far the continent have gave us. We have more interests in keeping our trade active with nations far away, which consist of mainly services, with Rokkenjima, Achkaerin, Ecclesiastical State, Royal Selucid, Bretonnia, Uí Ceinnselaig, Lodja etc. Globalisation is a thing, and we need to remain on track, not stick to where our land belong.

Talking of those overseas clients, what do you think of the coming back of Empress Béatrice I?

RM: When she was Empress, before, I was still at university, so I can’t really speak. I haven’t search informations and co on her, from what I’ve been told she had a rather imperialist stance, however is that propaganda? I’ll see, but I don’t wish to waste time on this. Rokkenjimans are our partners in many areas, including defence which is a sensitive matter, and have similar ways of thinking then us, Heyrans. Geographically and historically we have similarities, so I believe that things can go well along one another. I am very eager to see what will come out of the Heyran-Rokkenjiman meeting once the Empress would move out of Achkaerin, as both sides have been talking about potential trade agreements, and knowing the economic influence of the Empire, particularly in the Illumic, this may well show itself be a disruptive deal.

What shall be the economic repercussion from the Bubonic Plague?

RM: I don’t know a thing about this, and even if I knew, I wouldn’t be authorized or granted authority to state something about it. I may only re-take news articles, such as yours, The Defense, talking about a cost of 3 billion for our nation, and counting in hundreds of billion Mundus-wide.

An advise to those starting active life, moving out of university?

RM: If you start something, do it well, do it with precision, and more importantly, do not let anything pass. The devil is in the details.

Thank you Mrs Mareshal for this interview.

RM: Was my pleasure.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 02:10:43 PM »

2018/03/31,

The Great Shadow continues its spread on the various Mundusian Markets. The fear of the bubonic plague have made enormous loses, we may only count The Defense which have lose 12% in a day after the Heyran Senate had announced that the bubonic plague touched Heyra, the deployment of the military and put in quarantaine. This is certainly no surprise for countries touched with the bubonic plague, which makes a negative two digits appear on the screens of the operators in less then a day on the main markets of the countries. Which may explain why such nations such as Quintelia were reductant to publish such information, which compromise greatly the trade.

More fear then harm? That is what most wish to believe, however fear can’t be prevented, and most likely the bubonic plague will have much less casualties then what is “planned” and have a limited impact on the demographics, but the shadow have spread like a real parallel plague on the main financial places, making regress even non-touched nations.

Fear made most people attached emotionally to the ongoing crisis, willing to get rid of their shares, which entered a domino effect. However this seems to have gave benefits to many, which see this as an opportunity to massively buy, or like the Heyran Government which have made multiples millions of acquisition in order to stabilise the share price of many companies, however this was a failure. Companies such as Matchik Investment Funds, Mazars Credit, Welt, Destin Investment Bank and many have been trying to re-buy their shares to have limited impacts, but again, this showed to be a failure.

The only companies however opposing the stream of the river are pharmaceutical companies, with BioTech, OsmanTech and many others having been granted emergency contracts by their respective Governments along great corporations which wish to ensure their installation, making them leap on the stock market while companies not on the market such as Nanobiotix have been granted heavy investments by multiples firms following a rumour, which may only proven to be true, adjusting to the current emergency situation.

When coming to resources, the gold price have skyrocketed and the oil barrel price have crushed with the maritime and air traffic having drastically slowed down, with hundreds of flights suspended and many harbours denying entries to ships.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 10:45:03 PM »

2018/04/19,

The Heyran Senate, after 3 months of debate following the growing tensions with Himeyama over Barnacle Island have been seeking consensus in the assembly as the idea of the creation of another Squadron, making the total fighter fleet pass from 7, to 14 fighters, wasn’t widely supported, and expressed deep disagreements in the heart of the Party of the Republic, which have been holding a minimum of 80% of the seats and the majority since 1945. The final blow came when a proposal of financement of this additional squadron arrived through lobbies, with effectively the Matchik Investment Funds having proposed a finance plan, and to take in charges the negotiations with EMAC with the Vice President for Foreign Affairs Therz having made the final push. The costs of this new contract aren’t public, but now it is unveiled that the negotiations have been going on by Matchik Investment Funds even before the Senate agreed to associate with them, making think of a dared move by the company, which gave fruits. Welt on the other hand, the titan of Heyran when coming to finance management consulting, have been giving us an estimate of 595 000 000 millions USD the price of the transaction between EMAC to Matchik Investment Funds, resulting in less expenses then the deal the Government had made for the 2017-2018 period contract with EMAC. Other charges shall goes with the new Morelander F-5 Dragonbreath for its carrier expected to be of 30 years, such as maintenance and upgrade. Those have been estimated and included in the offer Matchik Investment Funds made to the Senate, giving the transaction a total of 3 billions USD cost for the Heyran Republic, with 1 billion within the first 2 years, and 2 billions over the 28 next years.

This shall result in the delivery of the 7 F-5 Dragonbreath over the 2019-2020 period, while the first wave of F-5 ordered by the Government will see its last fighter delivered in December 2018, with already 3 out of the 7 planes having been delivered to the Heyran Air Force.

This only reinforced Matchik Investment Funds position on the market, making it a reliable partner of the Heyran Senate, which is known to have a certain financial stability. This shall however bring the total debt, if no further exceptional expenses appear, to from 15,6 billions USD to 16,7, representing a total of 17,35% of the GDP. Highest-ranking Members of the Party of the Republic have called for actions to be took, with current deficit being on a “normal basis” of 0,5% annually, in other words of 481 millions for the 2018 period. However this is without counting the exceptional expenses, which may easily double or triple this sum. For financial reasons, the 2018 year will be carrying the 2019 expenses, in hope to see the deficit of 1,12% for the 2018 year, be negative in 2019 after drastic measures being implemented. The bubonic plague certainly does not help, as its costs have been impacted on the 2017 year, making the exceptional budget even greater with the Olympics Games which have been financed.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 11:29:08 PM »

Bugatti Chiron exposed at the Langlois Vermeil Fondation in Evity, Heyra

2018/05/12,

Neush-Bugatti Consortium, through its main owner Charles-Andrew Guissigné at 23% have announced the creation of a sub-brand in addition to Faucon. The East-Morelander/Némérien brand since October 2017 following an introduction to the stock exchange of Northfort by Guissigné, have known some major troubles, effectively with NBC Tarra Nova consisting of a manufacture being sold to local competitors, and NBC Rokkenjima showing bad results for the last trimester of 2017, and the first of 2018, while on the other hand, Faucon, the business plane manufacturer subsidiary, have been moving out of the crisis which touch luxury products pretty well. The new brand which would be created, as a sub-brand of NBC, would be named simply EB (from its creator, Élise Bugatti, the grand-mother of Marianne Bugatti), and hold all the aspect of the Bugatti brand.

This news happen as the new EB, followed by Marianne Bugatti just unveiled the new Bugatti Atlantisse, a direct marvellous product inspired by the Bugatti Atlantic from 1934. Just like the Bugatti Atlantique, a variant named Bugatti Atalantis will follow in 2 years, and the Bugatti Arave. Total production planned? Not more then 50 vehicles in total for the three.

The new EB is expected to be privately owned in the coming year, detaching itself from the NBC as Mr Guissigné and Ms Bugatti announced their intention to take shares of the company, at which pourcentage after, this have not been defined. The production however, never left Némérie, where it employs on a daily basis 99 people for an annual income of 120 millions some sources stated.

This comes as following this great move of papers, a Morelander newspaper published evidences of all foreigners, including Morelander citizens, buying a Bugatti in Némérie, to pay no taxes. The average price of such vehicle is estimated in millions, therefore the taxes the Government may receive may vary from 900 000 USD to around 4 millions USD depending on the country, a sweet bonus some are considering as a fraud, and called the Government to sanction those practices. Effectively, the sales is made in Némérie, but some estimate that those being subject to “Némérien taxes” is inappropriate. This gave an immediate shadow in the public opinion’s eyes as the company just have been re-established after 34 years with its fusion with Neush.

On the other hand, in order to honour the announcement, Prince Souverain Louis V of Némérie announced the exposition of a Bugatti in public area just like for the Langlois Vermeil Fondation in Evity, as a tribute to those fine piece of arts, while the Némérien police have been delivered 5 Bugatti Chiron to serve in the 2015-2018 period.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 09:26:25 AM »

2018/05/25,

The Heyran Senate today voted the Organic Food Priority Act, the A.O.F.A., at a large majority with 18 votes for 3 against. The Party of the Republic leaded the charge as it currently owns 85% of the Senate (18 Senators), making it another easy victory. The A.O.F.A. have known a first step back in 2016 following a warning report from the Vice Presidency for Public Affairs, which was trying to define the future of the fertility of the Heyran population, in order to predict the potentiel demographic issues. This report have created a massive blow against industrial agriculture, as it proven for some products to have secondary effects on men semens and their fertility, the same as G.M.O. which are to attack people’s health and may, for long term have an impact on the child’s issue. Other reports since then have followed to determinate the secondaries effects, not only on Humans, but also the environment along wild life. Consistent issues have been found, from bees colonies disappearing due to the pesticides, to the lack of diversity which is impoverishing the soil.

The A.O.F.A. have been voted with immediate effect and no more delays, banning in a single hand the G.M.O. from Heyran territory, and all commodity will have to be destroyed, the banishment of 70 pesticides along the obligation for importations to be certified to use authorised products by the Vice Presidency for Public Affairs. This comes as the Heyran Republic have been producing 18% of its total food consumption for 2017, which may create a delicate situation, which the Senate hopes to manage by making the agriculture importations from within the Alba Karinya Continent, pass from 8%, to 50% in 3 years. The new Act will also cost the Heyran economy around 70 millions for the 2018 year, but are estimated to make greater economy for the health’s budget for the middle and long term, along pushing for a Heyran national agriculture, with the A.O.F.A. granting tax cuts to organic food agriculture along with no taxes for the 2018-2023 period for all companies certified H.S. 221 in the agriculture field, a measure which shall cost “only” 119 millions for 5 years, but help the organic food market pass from 7% of the shares, to 48% in 2023.

Store companies such as Coorganic being more then pleased, and expecting to open alone 10 stores for the 2019 year, with independent entrepreneurs also potentially launching themselves in the sector. Producers and manufacturers also heavily welcomed the news, after announcing a global growth of 9% for the 2017 year, estimated to move to 34% for the 2018 year, showing a clear acceleration of the organic food market.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 08:35:43 AM »

Plan of Evity, Heyra, released by the Vice Presidency for Public Affairs

2018/06/20,

Following Longvalley area, Halton area is finally completed, making the number of areas of the new city Evity up to 2 areas. The new city construction which just started in 2005, have seen Longvalley area been completed after 9 years of construction and built for residential areas with a proximity to the sea. With a modern art musuem, along the famous Langlois Vermeil Fondation, the residential area of Longvalley can host up to 20 000 families. Halton area started its construction in 2006, to allow the creation of new jobs at the same time Longvalley would expand, however with a delay.

The completion of this new city, which have been a project dating from 1990’s under President Markson’s initiative, to have a Heyran city on the coastline (effectively, only commercial and military harbour were allowed on the cleaned part of Heyra on the coastline). Major funding issues arrived, which let his successor, President Gergover handle the issue before the first works start in 2005. The cost for Longvalley area would be, for the Heyran Government of about 4 billions of cleaning and construction, while 1,2 billions is handled by private investors and companies, the high cost by the Government is estimated mostly by the construction of a tramway, underground car roads, hospitals along schools allowing a full education to be completed in Evity. The cost for Halton is however much lesser, with 200 millions only spent by the Government, for 3 billions of private investments, as many companies opened annexes and co-working space for making Evity a potential start-up incubator, just like Weltor Extension.

Coming next, is Weisr area, planned for 2025 will be building high-sky profile buildings which may rival with The Defense, and is expected to host the Heyran Justice Court. All the building in this new area will be following a new modern architecture, which have as main goal to make the building appear lightful in the horizon. The Weisr area already opened the Einwoster Tower a few months ago, which have seen its proposed offices be sold quickly.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »

2018/07/03,

Interview with the President which dare to put a blazer on a t-shirt, aka Jonathan F. J. Blackwind. Elected back in 2014 by a large majority just like any candidate which was issued from the Party of the Republic, with a participation rate of 96% for a victory with 82% in favour. Those numbers naturally may scandalise, but certainly not in Heyra where it is with such great support like this that the Party of the Republic is in power since 1944. Youngest President in power, but far from being Heyra’s youngest leader in History, the deficit have largely grown under his Presidency, followed by a large international overture such as the M.I.C.A. and A.K.O. along breaking with the usual very atheist line of the Republic, by welcoming the Pope in The Defense.

Mister President, thanks for receiving us in your office.

BW: I’d be lying if I said it was a pleasure. But as I read you since long, and even appreciate your reviews, I couldn’t prevent myself from agreeing to this interview.

Ah yes, effectively it is our 8th demand. Glad this is finally it. After 4 years, how advanced would you say your mandate is?

BW: I’d say I’m doing pretty well. As a young trader, I proved myself worst the position, with a 0% debt, when compared to GDP, average 2% growth, we are currently well managing the after-tsunami in Barnacle… I’d say there are worst situations

Talking about the debt, there was an average of 2% deficit before you arrived to power, because of the 2008 crisis along former President Mostonest expensive policies, and you arrived to slow it down to 1,6% and planned it to be 0% for the next year, which was a great deal. There was also the debt cleaning by the Ecclesiasticals, along the attribution of an annual 2 billions USD support, is putting Heyra under Ecclesiastical economic will and rule?

BW: I know the great debate I just created, by inviting His Holiness the Pope to The Defense, along supporting the construction of a Church in one of our recent extension made as a gift to the Ecclesiasticals, but no, that’s not submitting Heyra to the Ecclesiastical State. They effectively been of a great help, economically, with the 2 billions annual contribution you just quoted, the debt cleaning along the recent help they provided to the Prefecture of Barnacle. Their help is most valuable, and help to get aside problematics which may slow down Heyra’s potential, and instead, free it, allowing us to go higher then ever. Rest assured, the Heyran Senate is fully Sovereign over the Republic, and I am perfectly owning and controlling my office. This is just the renewal of a great friendship which existed back in the Heyran Restauration, but was broken since then because they were associated with the Monarchy. I just repaired it.

You planned further integration with the A.K.O., along developing ties with the continent, why?

BW: Those effectively were my hopes when I had the possibility to meet Princess Freya in Northfort, along other representatives from Alba Karinyese nations. It was a mistake however, as we are culturally totally different and have very different visions, on both international economy and politics. For 2017, 96% of our imports were from oversea, along 98% of our exports, not only our network towards the interior of the continent is small, but it is almost inexistant. I agree, my hopes were false, and I shall be pushing for extending Heyran oversea trade work, as it have been made throughout the centuries. For the 2018 year we are planning a similar pourcentage when coming to trade, along a question about our status in the A.K.O. which is currently in talks in the Senate.

Moving to have stronger ties with overseas nations then? Or reinforcing those existing?

BW: Negotiations with potential partners are currently active, yes.

There are rumours about a potential meeting with the Principality of New Zion, which is a rival to Heyra when coming to stock exchange and market place, is that true?

BW: Effectively a meeting shall take place with the President of New Zion, in which I shall attend with VPFI Riggar.

No further comments?

BW: The meeting have been proposed at the invitation of the New Zioneses, I shall therefore attend and see what it look like. My expectations are rather low to be honest. It’ll take place in neutral territory however.

What’s the future of defense spending?

BW: Hopefully it’ll be slightly decreased, and follow inflation. The acquisition of new ships shall however be slightly increased, but talks for limiting the size of the air fleet are also discussed in the Senate. For my part, I was always against the acquisition of 14 F-5 Dragonbreath, 7 were more then enough, it was an impulsive act from VPFO following increasing tensions with Himeyama, however it’s far from being the case today. I’d recommend the cancellation of the order of those 7 additional fighters, which are too expensive for our means.

You have, during a public meeting with the Committee for the Construction of Evity City, stated, and I quote, « Elysium City project have been laid down on the paper a couple weeks ago, and finances are still being negociated, before a launch expected in a couple weeks ». May you develop further?

BW: A third new City, so after The Defense which dates now from the 50’s, Evity from the 2000’s, shall see its foundations be started, to be operational in the 2030’s. It’s for now called Elysium City, and shall consist of a great commercial and leisure complex, but more importantly be home to over 30 000 citizens. It’ll dispose of the Maglev directly when it’s created, both for its internal transportation network along connections to other 2 cities. It’ll boost largely the Heyran economy, of couple billions easily.

An advise to those starting active life, moving out of university?

BW: You can allow yourself to be arrogant… Only when you’re good enough still.

Thank you Mr President for this interview.

BW: Welcome anytime.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »

2018/07/17,

Terror, this is what is currently happening since a few days throughout the Mundus. At first, The Defense stock exchange was fortunately spared, given its lack of great public companies and thanks to its very specific sectors it keep itself in. It was however before yesterday, which saw an extension of terrorists activities, to individuals throughout the Mundus by trapping consumption products. This was reinforced when foreign investors went panicking, while originally Heyrans know how to remain calm during such crisis, which is more an attack the C.N.N. then any the Republic, it have started a great domino effect on The Defense. Estimated lose of already 4% in a day have been registered, with an additional 2% planned for tomorrow.

VP for Finance Riggar had rather strong and heavy words against those “acts of poltroons” coming mainly from foreigners investors, and heavily encouraged the “Square” (name of the 4 largest employers and powerful companies of Heyra, totalising some 17 000 employees and 22 billions revenues for 0,8 billion profits) to make some serious investments in Heyran companies, as she also just released an order of taking of actions for an operation of about 2 billions on the stock exchange, from the Heyran Republic VPFI. Something that haven’t been seen since 2008 following the great crisis, which had seen the Republic take serious debts for investing more then 5 billions in the stock exchange to maintain a certain stability. It is hoping that this operation, shall ensure a premature stability, before finally hopefully seeing the crisis be solved.

On the other hand, VP for Internal Affairs Carls also claimed very strict measures to be imposed, as effectively the martial law was implemented in Metropolitan Heyra to prevent any potential attack, with Morelander-like security measures being taken provisionally, the same as the VP for Public Affairs Wersten which have claimed that “there are risks of chemical attack”, and even “suspect that the Borlanders may be in fact, behind the bubonic plague which hit many nations”, as he raised alarm level throughout the country and asked the personnel to be ready to be hit in case of a chemical attack.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 07:55:57 PM »

2018/07/21,

The Defense Journal Board have, following couple months of negotiations which have only been officialise a week ago, make only the rumours which erupted back in January about the lose of control of the Journal in favour of potential international institutions be confirmed. The Board effectively announced that a total of 5 Holdings which names are to rename anonymous as effectively the Heyran legislation on such matter allows “Legitime Discretion”, will be now taking over, each, one seat in the assembly, while another seat will be kept for the Operations, creating a drastic change in the current structure, as it also announce the departure of 4 General Managers.

The Defense Journal will start a brand new strategy, by first immigrating its main website from tdj.hr to tdj.com, a new logo, in addition to the creation a more custom and easy interface for its online subscribers in multiples languages and reach following the new goals, by the end of the year 120 000 printed versions daily throughout the Mundus, compared to 90 000 today, with the goal established at 200 000 for 2020.

The fact that the website was more widely popular then the printed version was because of the limitation of the Journal to the Heyran Market, which have see its businesses be more and more digital, while putting away potential areas in which printed versions are pushed forwards, such as in travels areas or cafés.

No official numbers have been released concerning the amounts of those investments, but one thing is sure, the Journal shall be transformed.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 12:11:35 PM »

2018/07/26,

Stay O.P.E.N., this is what now most important trading firms have been joking about, with an exciting tone, along their transfer code on their chest. Certainly, a new initiative brought by the Royal Seleucid and Tamora, saw a fan group on most international stock exchange appear, as this new initiative shall hopefully bring a great deal of stability for 30% of the Mundus production of oil barrels, to safely rely on. This initiative consist simply of the creation of an organization, to manage and stabilise the market price, along regulate the production of its overall members, to ensure a price not too-low, and at the same time not-to-high, at least officially. Such initiative have been more then welcomed greatly by most markets, even if Government officials show their restrain to what could be, the kick-start of a monopoly, as effectively if more nations were to join such organization, such as Lyeia which just did, the organization would be able to set on the table the cards from most parties, as, as far as we know, 100% of the Mundus economies and militaries relies on many and various key points, to oil.

As you may have understood, this give this organization a great influence and power to certainly not underestimate, which make hesitate many companies and firms to invest/be supplied or not, in the countries that are now Members of this organization, as it would be directly participating to increase such influence. A reaction by the largest economies is awaited, as so far it is also known that the nations of Royal Seleucid and Tamora, which are the founding members, aren’t particularly well received when coming to international matters, or even fundamental Human Rights, with sanctions being applied by some nations already on the two.

So far, the results are mixed, and we are naturally looking forward to see how this organization hope to really exist and affirm itself on the global stance. Some Governments, such as the Heyran Republic, have announced their intention to multiply their supplies from the organization, seeing it as granting a stable market, which isn’t limited to oil, even if it remains its main activity it is true, but add to this natural gas.

What to expect? First, it have became clear such organization call for its members to directly slow down their production in case needed, and certainly not stockpile, which would be of a great cost in case of a slowing down economy or continuous “respectful peace” throughout the Mundus, but which on the other hand, would allow its clients to be more trustful.

Second, synchronization on such key matters will surely help the Mundus economy to achieve on the long-run, a sustained growth, knowing that the organization also calls for a minimal of 0,1% of the profits of its Members, to be put in renewable energies, allowing to create the energy of tomorrow, the same goes for employments, seconding a fruitful future.

Third, it is clear that a group of professionals coming together to react to the market’s reaction will allow to stop a fast swiftling potential domino effect, which most nations would be grateful for.

With all that said, is O.P.E.N. worst it? Following the great depreciation of the oil barrel back in 2016, which resulted in a very strong come-back early 2017, allowing most fuel managers a great and pleasant margins, and to increase with arguments their prices on a second time, to those companies, we shall say “No”. However, when coming to the overall market, which directly or indirectly relies on such natural resources when coming to energy, we can safely assume a “Yes”.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 10:48:28 PM »

2018/07/31,

NEW LUXURY RESORT PLANNED

Following an announcement in Dartfordian Broadcasting that QKNB may be closing the Lodjain resort developer Duchess Ekaterina Stasiuk has announced a bid for what is likely to be a very ambitious project. The mother-in-law to the King of Royal Seleucid has already made a fortune from developing three luxury resorts in Lodja and is due to open one in Royal Seleucid in the next 12 months, however she is already eyeing up her next move. "We would, if QKNB falls through, be in a position to offer Dartfordia an interesting and profitable oppurtunity. I have around $350million burning a hole in my pocket to build the next Stasiuk Resort. We would if permitted take the land and the infastructure and turn the dockyards into a marina for some of the worlds largest megayachts. Next the various accomodation blocks would be either demolished or converted into other uses. There is plenty of space for cafe's, bars, restaurants, maybe even a theme park. Once we get the 5 star hotels built, the casino and spa we would invite Dartfordian businesses to come and set up. I am sure their hospitality industry would welcome the chance to serve some of the richest people on Mundus and the project could potentially create thousands of jobs and attract people from across Mundus to Dartfordia. I am sure local Dartfordians would prefer to see beautiful luxury yachts arriving than nuclear equipped submarines of death."

Last year the Duchess of Potaki is rumoured to have made around $28million profit from her resort business after the various investments made in Seleucid and building two new casinos. She owns 54% of Stasiuk Resorts with her 1st husband Mykola Bogdanov owning 15% while her 2nd husband Grigori Kozlov owns 10%, giving the family 79% of the business. There are also rumours that the Duchess may also look at creating a luxury hotel in Paracambi in the coming years taking advantage of what she has described as "some of the most stunning beaches in the world at some of the lowest prices."

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Crisis in the Mhorish: Largest Economies are starting to invest the place
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 06:32:07 AM »

2018/08/14,

Prudence, things are moving on the geopolitical scale, with many nations involved even if until now the greatest economies had remained silent, until Rokkenjima, the 3rd Mundus largest economy took side on the Heyran Republic, before deciding to change its position, before revisiting it again yesterday, marking some instability and making investors no longer sure of the First Empire stance, which have seen throughout the years many of its positions being revisited without questions. This comes while the global economic atmosphere is more and more dense, investors are becoming prudent with unstable nations, the targets? Rokkenjima, but also Heyra and Himeyama which both have been severely hit by a tsunami certainly, but more importantly a political tsunami from the many statements of developed nations, which are eager to see overall the issue in the Mhorish end up in a referendum.

The Defense Stock Exchange have been stabilised yesterday, following the announcement of Rokkenjima sort of sanctions against Heyra, by suspending the orders of ships that Heyra didn’t ordered, creating laughs in the backrooms of the markets, but more importantly by having the Heyran Senate sending a representative to Bakkermaya, which shall host talks with the Himeyans. It is unknown if the Himeyan participation have been confirmed as of yet, however it show a good will to the markets, which have took the positive news. The VPFI on the other hand have seen itself be pretty passive, with some rumours of acquisition of many foreign currencies which may lead to a passive and false inflation following rumours once more.

On the other side, Uí Ceinnselaig and the Ecclesiastical State, respectively the 1st and 2nd Mundus-economic powers have started to drifting to what seems to be taking a side in the current Mhorish Crisis, at the great concern of the market, which have therefore lowered their unrestrained moves in this usual period of the year which generally saw major acquisitions and transactions being done. The atmosphere is overall becoming more prudent, even more since Neu Uburzis took a very hostile position against Heyra, while nothing have been done, this is worrying much the markets, given Heyra geographical position which is basically in the roots of the Illumic-Mhorish-Krimeon Seas trade, and have seen the overall transitions be lowered and going down of 2% since last week. If the situation was to be worse, it would impact all the neighbouring states, no longer trusting those seas to be safe enough for trade, or profitable given the uncertainty.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Tamora: OPEN's weakest link
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 06:56:23 PM »

2018/08/15

Tamora: OPEN's weakest link

Not much time has passed since OPEN was founded and we already see signs indicating that one of its founding members, Tamora, has a hard time implementing its obligations assumed at OPEN.

In the Emirate of Seleucid, the other founding member of OPEN, compliance with the quotas productions seems easy as the ruling royal family is also the main share holder in some of the largest oil companies and the government has the bureaucratic apparatus to impose the quotas. The ultra conservative Empire of Tamora is a whole different story. Much of the resources of the country as well as all of their extraction are in private hands, with dozens of family owned companies (colloquially called "corporate nobles") owning much of the market and being in a constant competition with each other as well as companies aboard. So the Tamoran government will now have to impose quotas on them as well as limit their ability to adjust prices. That in it of itself would not be that big of a challenge in any regular Mundus country. However, because of their peculiar religion, Tamora is still missing most of the features of a modern state and lacks the bureaucratic apparatus for regulating and controlling businesses that most countries have, for example : in Tamora people pay no income tax, there's no such thing as corporate tax, there are no regulations of the labor market, no antitrust laws, there's no institution, federal or otherwise, even remotely similar to the ministry of economy or industry etc. Tamoran businesses, unless very large or dealing with foreign countries, don't even have a compliance department since there's no need for one in the very little government regulation environment they operate in. And here is problem number one: their businesses aren't used to government telling them how to operate, let alone how much to sell and at what price. When the news came through of OPEN being founded, there was almost unanimity in the business world of Tamora that such restrictions are unTamoran. No corporate noble said anything public in support or positive about OPEN which in the very formal Tamora means there was serious disagreement with the organization.

But the issues facing Tamora do not stop there. The country, despite what many assume, has a federal system where the Emperor handles mostly defense  with all responsibilities retained by the kingdoms. And here comes the next problem. The Emperor has issued a decree instructing the kingdoms to implement the quotas and price limitations. Of the six kingdoms, only two have oil and gas worth mentioning: West Seleucid and Attica, with the latter having the lion's share of the market. So the royals of the two kingdoms will have to come to an agreement on how to allocate the quotas. It's not hard to imagine the immense pressure the corporate nobles from each kingdom will put on their royals to ask for a bigger share. The negotiations between the two kingdoms have already been extremely heated with little progress made so far.

But that's not all, as mentioned before, much or the oil and gas resources are in Attica, which is the most problematic kingdom of Tamora. There have been rumors that the Queen of Attica will try to use point eight of the treaty ("members agree to establish internationally approved safety practices") to impose a covert ban on oil and gas companies from using any form of slave labor. While it's unlikely that she will be able to resist pressure from Manist imams to not pass such a ban, it does show the problems OPEN has created for Tamora at all levels government.

And last but not least, there's the problem of enforcement of fines and penalties for non compliance with the quotas and price limitations required by OPEN. As you probably know, in Tamora there's no limited liability for shareholders of companies, so when a company goes bankrupt the owners are liable with their assets. And if the owners can't pay their obligations they end up in slavery as we have recently seen with Karapetyan family. As i said before, oil and gas is in private hands and while a couple of dozen families own most of the oil and gas industry, they don't own all of it. The other minor players are mostly Manist religious organizations that have small operations across the two kingdoms (West Seleucid and Attica). Anyone that knows even a little about how things work in Tamora, knows that the Tamoran kings will be very weary of fining religious organization for non compliance with something so inconsequential as not lowering production or selling outside the required price limitations and there's no chance they'll ever seize their assets or enslave them because they did not comply. Religious organizations in Tamora (especially Manist ones) are very influential as they own and operate most of the educational institutions and a large part of the media in Tamora. The only one that would have the power to go against them is the Emperor himself but the thought of the Emperor, an orthodox Manist himself, and the Manist temples not working together, let alone him punishing them for not respecting something so benign as quotas, is unfathomable.

So does that mean Tamora will not be able to comply with OPEN's requirements? As long OPEN does not ask Tamora to lower its production levels, I have little doubt it will be able to comply. But sources say the main reason why the Tamoran Emperor has joined OPEN is to keep prices high which, at times, will require to lower production. The same sources also say that OPEN is a means for him to achieve leverage against foreign powers that have sanctioned Tamora so far. So when OPEN does eventually decide to lower production (with the Tamoran Emperor voting in favor no doubt) we will see how long can Tamora comply before cracks begin to appear.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:53:27 PM by Tamora »

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Demographics issues in Heyra threaten the economy
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 06:21:42 AM »

2018/08/16,

Manpower issue, that is what most experts are fearing about the Heyran Republic’s future, even with the R.P.A., which already benefit Welt. Effectively, Welt, the most influential of The Square (name of the 4 largest Heyran companies) with almost half a billion in profit last year, and more then 7 800 employees, have announced following the R.P.A., the creation of Welt Young, for taking care about child which are to be adopted by the company. W.Y., as it’s already commonly called, already have in only 4 days, adopted 2 500 children and bought multiples complexes, along made many investments in personnel for handling such huge number. The fast deployment of Welt Young, make some suspect if Welt wasn’t the main lobbyist in the Heyran Senate to push the R.P.A., which is a common thing in the Republic’s Senate, explaining how such logistics were ready so fast for welcome the child, the same as the personnel required. Those child, coming from “the 4 corners of the Mundus, and being orphans” have precise Welt Young, will dispose of the highest education at their service, along given great possibilities for their future, against a pity one in the country they’re from most unfortunately. Between 3 to 5 years old, those child shall dispose of the Heyran citizenship as sole citizenship, getting also the advantages of such citizenship.

Ending our annexe on the R.P.A., which certainly gives hope to Heyra’s demographics… For at least in 15 years, as even if many companies have expressed their major interests in adopting child, this shall not be fulfilling the manpower demand that the market require. Salaries have been already raised on average of 5% last year, in order to attract youngest generations. While this happens, automatisation is also a key factor to such issue, with the number of restaurants with personnel declining, at the favour of “ATMs Streets”, which may see a street having only ATMs, and selling from the simplest coffee, to toothbrush, passing also to clothes and car rent. It is completed by the digitalisation of many services, from travelling agencies to online groceries, making the service sector in Heyra largely downsizing since a few years.

But the misfortune of some makes the happiness of others, as rumours through the corridors of the Heyran Senate, are suggesting a legislation promoting inviting foreign students for studies in Heyra, at one companies’ expense, for having them be employed right after for a couple years. This common practice in some nations, have seen marvellous results, however given Heyran’s rather strict and hard work conditions, it is unsure of the results, even if the salaries are among the highest on average in the Mundus. Another circulating rumour, would be for the granting of citizenship to any descendant of Heyran having flee the country, this would mainly target the descendant of the 6 millions Heyrans having flee the country during the Mhorish Campaing, estimating the total demographics overseas at 18 millions, making it a large manpower reserve for the Heyran economy if those were to be convinced to come back to where their forefathers lived.

The question remains totally open, how will the Heyran economy face such crisis, which already was seen back in 2010, but no actions were taken given the large 2008 crisis which had hurt all the means of both the Government and companies. Most Heyran companies have more effectives outside of Heyra then in, one may only suspect that if the situation pursue as it is, such gap will only increase.

In the end, the Heyran Republic offers more then interesting fiscal conditions, with a maximum taxation at around 7%, giving free hands on many matters to companies, making benefit its citizens of free healthcare and education, along in some areas free transportations, this context had all of the dream area where many expatriates seeking to build themselves a name, would come into this most modern Meritocracy, a system which was push to the top. This was however without counting on the tough work conditions, which as explained in a Free Mundus news article had no boundaries, crushing the mighty dream someone may do itself for living in Heyra.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
E.B. buy its independence from N.B.C. and announce a new car
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 08:23:25 AM »

Video of the Bugatti Divo released on eb.nem

2018/08/25,

It is now official, E.B. or more commonly known as Bugatti, have seen Marianne Bugatti today buy 80% out of 100% of the shares owned from N.B.C. of the brand which have been recreated following major troubles from the home company as we have discussed in a previous article. The “small company” of 99 personnel (including Marianne Bugatti as P.D.G.) have after all made (independent sources estimate) 120 millions in profits for the 2017 year, as a department back then in N.B.C.. This major blow to the N.B.C., which have lose after all 2 of its sub-brand, see the lose of a 3rd one, and fear for Faucon (luxury aeroplane company) is strong. Charles Guissigné have already announced to the Board having “solutions” for the current situation, as N.B.C. is still losing money, and shall probably have a major restructuration, following the departure of E.B. from its gardens, let’s remember after all that the name “Neush-Bugatti Consortium” is no longer of actuality.

What better to announce its independence (at 80%) then through the release of a new product, this is exactly what Marianne Bugatti had done. While the Bugatti Chiron have its production continuing, the Bugatti Atlantisse, legitimate heir to the Bugatti Atlantique nearly 80 years older, have seen its production planned to be finished for the end of 2018 (as its total production been limited to a total of 50, or 1/4 of Bugatti total production for 2018). In its replacement? A better and more suitable car, the Bugatti Divo. The new car have been at the origins of many rumours since a couple months, and have yet to unveil its many secrets. It is clear from its aspect that it shall replace the Bugatti Chiron, through its many resemblance, but many through its absurdly impressive superiority in all domains. Bugatti Chiron is expected to have its production ended mid-2019, liberating the second production line for another model. Until then, it is clear that the first part of 2019 shall be open for super-car production, a danger as E.B. put all its eggs in the same bag effectively. Barely Bugatti Divo have been released, that the rumours of a new kind of car which shall replace the Bugatti Chiron for the second part of 2019 have started. What remains sure, is that Marianne Bugatti hoped to break the lines, and certainly did, even if the company is still losing money (1,2 million for the month of July).

Marianne Bugatti announced that the company shall be making profits starting in September, and will seek to retake full control over the company that her grand-mother had founded. Something that for sure may be accomplished, as the 50 places for reservation of the Bugatti Divo (which shall start its first deliveries in early 2019 only) were all already completed, with the Principauté of Némérie ordering alone 2 cars.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »

2018/08/31,

BioLife, Nanobiotix and Artifuture have announced today in a common communiqué their fusion into a single group newly named Gattaca. The three organisations, from various backgrounds, respectively at their core, cloning, nano and artificial intelligences technologies development, have more then surprised most people. Even if those companies aren’t well-known publicly, they have remained most active and in fact, most important in terms of investments flows, with the three combined having received 40 millions USD last year, and generated 794 065 600 USD last year in terms of revenues, even if in terms of revenues of 4,3 millions for BioLife, 2 millions for Nanobiotix and a negative 0,9 million for Artifuture, the balance of the 3 companies appear to be most clear. Even if Nanobiotix represent the largest employer with 780 employees (or 60% of the total effectives of the 3 companies combined), it appear to be most clear that BioLife shall lead the alliance.

It is expected that the transition shall take up to 3 years alone, and shall call for the new Gattaca to buy a tower in The Defense for hosting all its administration, accounting along investors relationship there, in the heart of the Heyran Republic. The three companies will remain installed in the Weltor Extension (1 hour train from The Defense) and have announced their will to pursue the creation of the “perfect Human being” for 2040, while certainly not restricting their business to that until this date.

No concerns have been raised by politicians, nor by authorities, knowing well that Heyran legislations on cloning or artificial intelligences technologies are inexistant, giving a free-way to the new Gattaca. Now what remains clear, is that this organisation will become the leading organisation in its sector in Heyra, along open its capital. Until then, the three have been privately owned by personalities, but following the fusion, 48% of its capital will be sell, to whom? Analysis suggest most likely The Square to be at the origin of such event, given the important costs a fusion begets, it would be perfectly natural for The Square to share equally their new “conquest” at 12% each company.

The new organisation is expected also to become the 5th Heyran company which shall surpass the 1 billion USD annual revenues, including itself in the lineage of great business success stories.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 11:53:04 AM »

2018/09/07,

New development today, as the Heyran Senate is passing a serious crisis after releasing publicly diplomatic documents and audios, the R.P.A. have shown some major progress, with a total of 3000 child having been adopted since its implementation, with 2 500 from Welt which we already talked about and newly 500 from various other companies.

A new step is passing, as Future Foundation, a Foundation created in 1945 following the Mhorish Campaign to help orphelines child in the Republic, effectively “ordered” 5 000 babies, which are to be “carry” by foreign women and use Heyran-only “DNA”, by acquiring eggs and sperm from volunteers for a non-disclosed financial amount. Such decision made by the Future Foundation’s Board shall certainly be contested by many associations, as the criteria for the donation are racially exclusive to Heyran-ethnicity, question the conditions for the surrogate mothers and also of the lives for those without-family child which are to be born from this project.

The Future Foundation is openly supported by many Senators along Heyran corporations, with its budget being estimated of an annual 90 millions USD, the project is certain to lead and shall certainly have multiples “waves” be done.

This is a good news for the future demographics and economics of the Heyran Republic which start resolving its future issues, and prevent them. The Government by supporting such initiative along ensuring the legislation to support those, make sure that the current living standard of most of the population remain untouched, as celibacy is increasing in terms of pourcentage.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 09:33:41 PM »

2018/09/16

Why Zimalia matters to Tamora

The Free Mundus has published a series of articles regarding the Tamoran involvement in Zimalia. Though the article focused on human rights issues, we would focus here on the economic aspects. It is obvious from the article that Tamora has put a lot of effort in their operations in Zimalia. As Tamora is much poorer than the average Mundus country, the investments and aid poured in by Tamora might not seem that impressive but for Tamora is notable effort. So one can't help but wonder why would Tamora get involved in Zimalia? The two countries are far away geographically , their culture and people couldn't be more different and they certainly don't share cultural ties.

If we want to understand the economic reasons ( as that's the purpose of this journal) then we have to look at the Tamoran economy. It's a developing one, which allows for few imports because of crippling tariffs and has large industry that caters mostly to its internal market (which is captive to them because of the tariffs), has huge resource reserves which it exports along with some cheap products which are competitive on the international market only because of their prices. So when the embargoes and sanctions started hammering Tamora making its stagnant economy to go into a recession, the Tamorans no doubt were desperate to find other markets for their products so they can hope to see a rapid recovery instead of a prolonged recession.

If we look at Zimalia, we see that it has an impressive 180 million pop with a GDP per capita of around 10k, roughly the same as Tamora. While that doesn't mean the two countries have the same level of development it does mean that Zimalia is a huge market for Tamora. Furthermore, not only is Zimalia rich in resources which Tamorans have know how in extracting but it's also hard for a business to get in the country. That is because while it doesn't have the same crippling tariffs as Tamora, Zimalia remains extremely hostile to businesses because of rampart corruption, lack of infrastructure or skilled labor and huge issues with AIDS etc. It is an economy which few countries ( or private actors ) have paid attention to and it's a place where Tamoran businesses, once they overcome the hurdles, can encounter little competition. Furthermore, it is a market that's not so sophisticated or demanding. It's hard to imagine Rokkenjimans or Morelanders for example ever buying the Tamoran cheap, low end cars but Zimalians find them just right.

The Free Mundus articles has hinted that Tamora has began the process  of "convincing" the legislative body of Zimalia to drop the tariffs for Tamoran goods. I have no doubt that Tamora will double down on its efforts towards that goal.
It can be argued that the sanctions imposed on Tamora have pushed it to get involved in Zimalia,  now it remains to be seen if the Tamoran venture there proves successful or if the unpredictable Zimalian President, for whatever reason, decides to pull the plug on the whole operation.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Quartz-1, a hybrid plane for 2022 to deal with a to-be doubled air-traffic
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 09:05:27 AM »

2018/10/15,

Weltor Extension, nicknamed the “startup extension” have seen today a new company moving out of the forest, from Quartz. Quartz is a founded company back in 2010 by Zerso Machil following his inspiration from hybrid cars, cars using an electric engine to support and even at some point, replace the traction of the usual engine. Machil following a car exposition that he participated to in Achkaerin in August 2010, have decided to invest the little funds he had, along seek for more investors, before launching finally in November 2010 Quartz. The company seek to do fully electrical airliners, but before this incredible step, the hybrid step was mandatory, starting by the conception of a small 12 places (First-Class places, 24 in economy configuration) private or regional plane (at choice), which shall lesser cost by 80% compared to the current aircrafts in this category which are sold today. At 250 dollars the flight hour, and the first deliveries planned for 2022, the aircraft is expected to have a certain success by cutting drastically cuts and is, following Machil’s own words, “the first step”. Λ, pushed by many lobbies from the Heyran Senate probably, have already assured that it would order “around fifty aircraft” if Machil was to deliver his promises, along deliver an assistance piloting system, allowing to cut the training costs along the manpower costs for pilots, while a billionaire already have confirmed to pre-order a Quartz-1, which is the provisory name of the under-development plane, which will see the first flying tests next year.

Concept art of the Quartz-1 in the front, and Quartz-2 back

But limiting Quartz to a 12/24 places hybrid plane would be quite disastrous, as effectively, as investments are increasing and flowing, the 120 places hybrid liner is also on the way, while having created back in June 2018 a special Division to focus on pilot-free planes. With already a value estimated to 30 millions USD, Quartz have seen an investment of 3 millions USD last August by Welt. Machil is certainly selling dreams, however investments aren’t as high as one would expect, as suspicions is still high about Quartz’s holding to its 2022 objective, which would make it a Mundus-première.

We have today the chance to interview the middle-age entrepreneur, which after studies in aeronautics in East Moreland and associating himself with 2 electrical engineers which became his friends and now co-stock holders, Zerso Machil answers to our questions:

MZ: I must say, since I’ve made this announcement, as President-Founder and CEO of Quartz, to reach by 2022 a fully functional and recognised by international organism, hybrid plane, I’ve never been more sought.

Zerso Machil giving a speech during an open-air conference at Weltor Extension in August 2018

Naturally, it is quite a première, specially knowing that your company is in Heyra, a country not well-known for its aeronautic industry.

MZ: I studied in East Moreland, and I sincerely hope to conclude some partnership with EMAC Heyra, EMAC’s subsidiary making ejection seats, to further develop the overall industry in Weltor Extension. But I’d be lying to say that I’m not interested in a partnership with EMAC, it’d really open us many opportunities.

How large is Quartz?

MZ: We were 3 in 2010. We’re now 29, and thanks to our great projects, investments area reaching us, even if our project remains tough and many are skeptical, slowing down our development indirectly by spreading bad words against us in the business world. Many says also that hydrogen is the future, but it’s certainly not my opinion. We’re heavily relying on rare materials for today, for batteries, but I’m sure we can sort of an alternative by 2030.

You’re talking about an important part of the aeronautics industry, which relies heavily on… The energy industry. May you develop Quartz’s stance?

MZ: Many experts say that air traffic shall double by the next decade. However, 7% of the oil production is used by planes, this may see little, but double such number in only a decade, while you understand that increasing economies such as Arda Tuluva are exploding in terms of oil consumption, you may predict a rising barrel’s price, knowing well that developed economies are taking no real stance to transform their heavily oil-reliant transportation industry. Heyra, thanks to its small size, already have 80% of its sold car for 2018 being electric, and I’m glad that Quartz is to spearhead such development in the aeronautics industry. Our target is clearly those low-costs companies, which will with Quartz 1 see a massive reduction in fuel cost, along in operation costs thanks to heavy assistance in the cockpit which lesser the need of trained and experienced pilots, with naturally as target to fully eliminate the useless cockpit cost, which can be heavily optimised.

Talking about pilots, those represent a cost of around 25 billions USD annually for the Mundus economy, do you believe Quartz can also be most innovative in this specific matter?

MZ: You can only have one Master… Therefore my answer would be no. As all my energy, focus and motivation is towards Quartz-1 for now, and pilot-free, or for now, heavy assistance for pilot, is a gadget… Which is why I’m planning to create a subsidiary dedicated to such purpose, which shall hopefully be fruitful.

Your talked about a Quartz-2, which would have as capacity 120 passengers. When will be it available?

MZ: First estimates are 2027, but those are to consider with tongs. We may consider release it faster, for the pleasure of investors, however we wouldn’t be able to achieve the 80% reduction of fuel consumption, which is really a number I want to hold. Therefore, 2027 seems the realistic date.

What are your plans for Quartz in the future?

MZ: I’m not open, until the commercialisation of a fully 100% electrical airliner able to carry 120 passengers with a 10 000 km range, for opening the capital to the stock market. So far, the capital is shared as 52% for me, 20% for each of my two associates, with 8% already having been transferred to 3 investors. I intend to naturally find a successor for myself as Director of Research allowing me to remain Leadchair along Executive Director, and to really focus on the company’s development.

When will this 100% electrical airliner be ready, with such high range?

MZ: For the 2030’s, rest assured. I believe that, just like cars, before developing and raising autonomy, hybrid is the answer. Weltor Extension, the region we’re in, currently have Faraday and Lucid leading in those car industries, and have a similar path to the one we’re taking. It’ll be long, hard, tough, investors will not be always here, but I’m confident that with time, we may achieve our purpose.

Rare materials are an important element in your development. Where are you supplying yourself?

MZ: From throughout the Mundus currently. However many experts believe that Heyra have some important reserves yet to be exploited. It’s currently one of my project, I’m assembling a few partners and investors for moving towards this direction, for the cleaning of large areas of land in Heyra for its exploitation, as the cleaning process is rather slow. More then 70 years after, only 6% of the land in the Metropol is cleaned, it’s very small pourcentage. The opportunity I see, is, to use such profit at the benefit of cleaning the land which remained like this since the Mhorish Campaign, and to heavily benefit Heyran companies such as Quartz for the immediate use of such resources.

Thank you Mister Machil. What may we wish you?

MZ: Wish us that the more questions we ask ourselves, the more we answer.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:13:29 AM by Nova »

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Passing to another time
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »

2018/10/16,

SafeD just announced that it shall shift all its operations, including the meetings’ agenda, to a newly designed Metric Calendar, with 1 year being considered as the base unit, to facilitate, easing along simplifying the companies’ operations. SafeD is already known for its quite extraordinary measures when coming to its employees, from the psychotherapy offered to special health programs, the company wanted to “break another mental barrier” stated the CEO. Effectively, a Metric Calendar, with the year as basic unit simplifies greatly coding, but not only. The accounting department of the company have taken a decision stance in the decision, estimating that “8% productivity may be gained from such easy move”. 8% certainly, however it’ll take time to make such mind shift to the employees, which are used, since their youngest age, to the usual Gregorian Calendar used throughout the Mundus. The HR department ensured that “all the impacts outside the professional’s life for the employees will be taken care of”, meaning all costs will be taken care of to push employees to take this new habit, something that displease Mister Marvaux, an independent “defender of employees’ rights” which decried the situation.

SafeD new system will have an estimated impact of 45 millions for the transition, a decision which was made as it was to bring the company to a +12% efficiency over 3 years by simply transitioning to such new mindset. Such act is to open the way to many other, as such measure already been considered a couple years ago by major banking institution, allowing a swifter management of their assets. The reason of this lack of update? The cost of establishment certainly, but also the development in the code, which have asked probably month of development to find a compatible way of working with the Gregorian Calendar. SafeD announced now that such calendar shall be made available for purchase, a new product which will maybe fail in finding clients… Or will it? 34% of R&D in Consulting Firms have considered the measures of switching to Metric Time for an increased productivity at The Defense. However until now, the cost was far larger then the benefits, but this time seems revolutionised as SafeD just developed it. The cost of SafeD’s new product isn’t public, however what’s sure is that some consulting is included in the offer, and only the companies with a good manpower-profits balance will be able to quickly achieve it.

A man in a start-up’s co-working at Weltor Extension

It’ll be enough to push Welt, the largest of The Square companies, release an internal note in which it formally inform and prepare its employees that such modification in the internal-management and overall working of the company is considered, and shall normally be deployed in the coming 6 months. Most particularly, in the redacted internal note, it’ll be made to consider Welt as “a pioneer” for “escorting to the best its clients” by “giving an efficient tool and transmitting our own culture”. You’ll be able to find the internal note in the following, which was released in the form of an email by the Public Relations Department on Welt’s external management blog:

Dear colleagues,

As you know, Welt have been moving forward in the last months by investing heavily in the future, with the establishment of Welt Young and more then 50 millions USD associated with it. It’s our firm beliefs, and my conviction, that for a better World and more association along cooperation between our 7 891 colleagues, to become once more a pioneer by escorting to the best its clients, mostly by being ourselves what we sell which is the core as a consulting firm, by giving an efficient tool and transmitting our own culture to our partners and your very own colleagues.

Towards such purpose, it is part of my initiative to progressively make a swift transition to the Metric Time as a way to improve ourselves in this permanent mutation that the external Mundus requires from us.

We do not intend to do such thing because it’s easy, but because it’s right. Welt remains the head of The Square and is leading the Mundus in its very own management which is a model for our clients and those considering themselves as rivals, such move and change, which is an investment in terms of finance and energy, will help us to achieve in the continuity such state.

- Partner of Welt, Iden Dentar, Internal Transformation Director

With the first Heyran company in terms of manpower and margin Welt doing so, it’s more then probable that a movement shall generalise… For going also against traditional stock exchange manners, by remaining open 24 hours on 24, or 1 year on 1 year as the new measurement unit would say.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
E.B. is back on track
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 04:38:23 PM »

2018/10/17,

0 to 400 in 32 seconds. Such vitality and accelerate is the history of a company, after having passed under many flags, seeing its independence and freedom being achieved again. E.B. seems to be, after many years of turmoil, on a straight road and line again. Far from updating its strategy, changing it for future challenges, it goes against it and reach back its roots, by finding out the only necessity, excellence.

We already had the chance to cover the turmoil in which Neush-Bugatti Consortium seems to be in, with Marianne Bugatti deciding to take back the family’s company. However, it only was 80% of the shares she may take, but today with the official bankrupt of Neush-Bugatti Consortium, the tribunal in Némérie granted her the lasting 20% that were still in N.B.C.’s claws. The Bugatti Divo, even if already fully sold out and a major success, won’t see E.B.’s gross margin rise, and it have became clear to the economic environment, which is most hostile around E.B., that cuts for increasing the profits without touching to the selling price would be needed. Utterly against E.B.’s values which consist of constant Excellence since more then a century, Marianne Bugatti announced that current productions from providers being in East Moreland and Vaguzia will be changed, with an investment of 20 millions USD made available E.B. to complete its lack of production of some pieces, and remove fully any providers in the chain’s process, making the future Bugatti a 100% Bugatti product made in Némérie. Enhance the announcement of recruitment of 24 new employees for the company, calling for an increase in E.B.’s effectives of 24,2% over a small period of time.

Removing tariffs and taxes, while allowing the hiring of some employees from the previously suppliers companies on the other side of the border in a tax-free Principauté, Marianne Bugatti estimated that by 2020 the company will meet again serious profitability, this goes directly against her very own statement which are only 2 months old, in which she clearly stated that “the company shall be making profits starting in September”.

The Bugatti Divo, latest creation of E.B. pre-ordered by the Pope Peter and Emperor Abbas

“Anything done by Bugatti is surely excellence”, such quote may be attributed by the former Prince Souverain Charles VII from the Principauté de Némérie, the land hosting E.B.’s installations along using Bugatti cars as police cars. Such quote is being putted forward, as the developments of a Bugatti Jetboat begun in 2015 are soon to be concreted with a model following rumours. The Bugatti plane, Rêve, which have been developed in the 1930’s and is still used as the official plane for air force fighters in Némérie (while being hosted in Vaguzian airport) is to be succeeded by a Bugatti Jetliner… Again following rumours. As you may see, since Marianne Bugatti took part in the operations in 2015 in what was N.B.C.’s Bugatti division, a new horizon was unveiled. However, today, it is about to launch new growth relay, which are the boat and plane industry respectively, always in luxurious manners it seems.

Is this a good idea? A bad idea? What remains sure, is that those side-projects are the one consuming the profits and putting E.B. in red, but at the same time, let the company have a massive potential in the coming years if those projects are to concretise themselves. What is to be known, is the Bugatti Rêve was developed directly by E.B., and gave no follow-up or creation of subsidiaries.

Obviously, no official numbers, only concept arts of only the Bugatti Jetboat were released through most unconventional canals, therefore no real assumption may be done. What remains sure is, after so many years of passivity, as much in terms of designs then in terms of production, E.B. will mess hair up.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Reducing your work hours for more productivity, a concept
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2018, 08:09:47 AM »

2018/10/19,

Are you too much working? Don’t even think about this question, the answer is already “Yes” following the so-called expert Mister Marvaux. This 61 years old Ecclesiastical installed at Lion’s Rock since 2011 have been notoriously known to contest major initiative to a more efficient society, as such, he remains one of the main supporter to the “right of disconnection” willing to prohibit employees from accessing their professional emails from home, a measure estimated to be made by 97% of the executives in developed countries, and this reach 100% in great firm where work-culture is really cultivated, allowing a constant self-improvement and elevation of employees. Such impact, if Mister Marvaux’s suggestion was to pass, would be numbered in billions. On the other side, he wishes to point out the “benefits” of giving more time to employees for resting, allowing a more productive tomorrow, having empty time, allowing more creativity, time for their family, allowing them to develop responsibility and fun which can be exported to the company’s environment and finally limiting stress, allowing a more quiet and relaxed decision-making. Those 4 points are naturally hold by no serious studies, and point out the very laxist tone Mister Marvaux have. However, as our journal wishes to remain open, we have asked an interview with Mister Marvaux in a special co-working space at Lion’s Rock, which is promoting “alternative working-methods”.

In the following interview, we’ll dive in, with a certain curiosity over Mister Franck Marvaux’s work and pretended “studies” along what he shall advise for companies of various sizes:

FM: Since I was a kid I could see the negative effects the environment had on people, and how it could make them act against their own will. My dedicated career was to solve such issue, and free the potential of individuals, while being respectful of all the parties.

Do you think by putting less time working, you can double your productivity?

FM: Working isn’t only about counting hours. It’s also about thinking, and having the energy to think. It’s not everybody which have the habit of thinking about how he can increase his productivity or work, and that is because the person is in a rush-context, and having work at home doesn’t help this person to get the energy she needs back.

Franck Marvaux during a Conference on the Future of Work at Celestis

Many companies already put this in place. However you can’t prohibit an employee from working from his home. Do you believe it shall be mandatory?

FM: Far too many employees are exploited, having targets, OKRs, visions on 5 years which they need to stick to. It’s just inhuman, people are not robots. Recently Heyra have legalised the fact that companies can adopt child under 5 years old. What is such thing? How can it happen in a Mundus where Humans are the only thing we should care about? Our Humanity is losing itself in those business centres. Heyra have one of the highest rate of people dying at work, it’s the first mortality issue, but who’s going to talk about this? But it’s not simply The Defense, you look at any trading companies, somebody makes a mistake, his or her life is destroyed, and it leads to sucide, or to overwhelming work, both leading to imminent death. Something really needs to be done. Which is why I am considering important the right to disconnect, and allow people to enjoy life. Allowing them to do so will improve the quality of their work for sure.

Do you have any studies backing your assessments?

FM: It’s just pure logic. Or common sense if you will…

Can you advance numbers which will push companies to put in place such recommandations?

FM: As I already told you, it’s just pure logic. Because if we don’t act, such act of slavery, as it clearly is a form of slavery, not as formal and as established then Tamoran one, but it’ll lead to more wasted lives. There’s one word of order, it’s “objectives”… Objectives, objectives, objectives. If you look at most managers, they only have this word at their mouths; so yeah, it’s effective, it get them results, it get them incredible growth, but when you approach companies, the core, the base, it’s just a bomb waiting to explode. SafeD violated the privacy of its very own employees by establishing the hour they use at the company, can you imagine? And the police wasn’t called, or at least the Government plans to do nothing, no scandal erupted. It goes against basic Human Rights. You’ll say, they’re free to dismiss themselves, but in a country in which when you enter into a company, it means everything for you, it’s not that easy, and I’m just talking about Heyra, but imagine in Holdings or Corporations’ Boards which have a more anchored culture.

So what do you concretely propose?

FM: Prohibited employees from having access to their professional data while at home, and suspend their access codes when the work-hours are finished. As simple as that. It’ll be better for everybody.

Have you yet implemented in a company those propositions, or at least this particular one?

FM: Yes, in my company, which is a consulting firm made to escort companies in this very delicate transition, from an autocratic management style to a more open and efficient one.

But other then that?

FM: We have some leads in important corporations, with employees willing to do something internally. The issue is, we have yet found a manager or decider having the guts to move forward. It’s really revolutionising what we propose, to many. People think it’ll lower engagement and productivity, but I am certain of the counter-impacts.

Thank you Mister Marvaux. What would you recommend to a person creating his company?

FM: Respect his/her personal life, it’s not a necessary sacrifice.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Privatisation of the State
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 08:45:25 AM »

2018/10/20,

States are known to be lacking efficiency. On the other hand, companies, which are always seeking productivity for not dying along optimisation, are on the opposite side of the spectrum. Could it be possible to turn a State, with all the various attributes that it is imposed, to a more fruitful purpose, and not like today, a simple waste of money? You must be courageous to firstly believe in the possibility of reforming a State, which are for most in the Mundus, heavy bureaucratic machines, killing any initiatives or will of reform, before it even appears.

The interest emerge, as Mazars Credits have made a 14 months-long report on the situation of the Heyran Republic, a certainly complete 134 pages-long audit made at the demand of the Vice Presidency for Finance leaded by Riggar. The Audit was today presented in front of the Senate, with the 21 Senators finding a common agreement in the lack of efficiency de-facto made by its most old-fashion organisational structure. Around 246 000 000 USD were estimated to have been “wasted” and could “easily” have been “saved” for other purpose, this may seems like a small amount, however when knowing this represent around 2,5% of the total budget, it brings vast questions with it. From the administration, to the accounting, while passing to the trading and operations’ divisions, those costs over decades easily reach billions. The Senate have, following the exposal by Marzars Credit’s leading consultant on the project, debated about the measures which may be taken to reduce such massive issue.

The back of the Great Arch, which are the Headquarters of the Republic

The idea of privatisation, which have been first shouted in the Senate back in 1971 for a debate on the already-same matter, have made its way on the table, yet again, 3 Senators tried to dismiss the idea. The Party of the Republic on the other hand, controlling the Senate, have decided to invite for a future session private interests in order to have an exposure on the possibilities of such idea, and if, when concretise, would bring a larger panel of services to the overall community. The Square companies are going to be invited to the session for exposing their own point of view, but also foreign corporations will have the possibility to apply, and be selected by the Senate to expose their point of view along proposals on the said matter, which is far from not being controversial oversea with multiples pro-socialist articles finding this to be “utterly disgusting” while also being “profit-oriented” and “a shame to Humanity that such talk are even considered”.

Iden Dentar during a photo shooting at The Defense for Welt’s internal communication

For now, the only confirmed “guest” is a Partner of Welt, Iden Dentar, which is Internal Transformation Director in the first Heyran Company, Welt. Our demand for an interview was denied, however we had the chance to find a conference in which she was part of and was recorded, in front of more then 200 Human Resources Officers from various groups at the 2017 Work Revolution Initiative in Krokom. Our experts have shelled the 94 minutes long-video in order to try to define Dentar’s positions that shall be hers during her allocution to the Senate. The only part which interest us, is a 4 minutes segment, in which Dentar replies to a most interesting question asked by one of the public-member, here is a full retranscription of this segment:

A member of the public: We talk a lot about companies, and how to increase their efficiency, how to reform… However one point in your presentation, and in the present discussion which have not been brought, is how to reform states too? As after all, those are the one defining taxation for companies which are in survival mode, which need to constantly adapt, and if the State’s structure does not adapt to, is not agile to the challenges ahead, it gives strong penalties to the companies themselves.

Speaker of the conference: Most interesting question… Who would like to answer it? Mrs Dentar?

Iden Dentar: That’s a tough question. [laugh] I suppose we can start by one of the best example of positive reform, I precise positive. [smile] The Ecclesiastical State have currently reduced by 50% the part of the overall Government power and impact on its GDP in the past months, such effective measure, which have been leaded swiftly shows us that even States can reform themselves, however in this context, a new energy brought by Pope Peter allowed such delicate execution of the planned reform, with no concession made on his side from my understanding, giving it the status we know it today, as Second Mundus Economy, just behind Uí Ceinnselaig. We have, on the other side, the Rokkenjiman Empire, which remains the Third Mundus Economy, and have known some change in leadership, and see the moral of its leader, impact its exports, such as many sanctions, the same goes for many other nations which push ethics forwards. Just to say that States can reform, from the inside, that is a certain thing, a sure one, however it is exceptional and happens only with great energy along a large political capital. Another example, East Moreland opened its economy to the Mundus allowing it to not internally collapse because of its massive military spending which would have surely obliterated the Kingdom. Now the issue with all the mentioned examples, and basically every single State remains the attachment to its system, and the lack of constant adaption in the Operations, which you may see within companies with Deparments, or Managers having full authority over a project. [Pause marked] My firm believe is that change [to the States] can be brought, but it is the duty of the private economic actors to make this possible. As Internal Transformation Director in Welt, we have our headquarters at The Defense, not far from the Republic’s headquarters, and we have assembled a new lobby team to talk with Senators about the possibilities of reform within the Republic, to allow such agility. I suspect we’ll need to see how things goes to confirm or not your question.

Heyra, because of its most influent private companies in its political life, see such results which may well end up in some reforms allowing its structure to be more responsive to future changes, along side answer to Mazars Credit’s audit. But has the Mundus other examples of vast reforms taken, allowing the level -10 employee of the State, to create and be resourceful in the State’s best interests? The Tamoran economy dispose of one of the best regulations in the Mundus for a company to be started, along-side its cheap labour which is at the disposal of open criticism obviously, however with regulations lacking, it have been estimated that if the country was to reform itself to lower its tariffs, it may introduce itself easily in the TOP 5 countries in the Mundus for “Where to start a company” even if its innovation rate is largely down because of the same-cheap labour issue. Now the reasons of its failure, because of the importance of military spending and tying themselves to the past is obvious, which result in economic sanctions. However the question remains to be asked, if one day the Tamorans will dispose of a new young Emperor disposed to open its economy and regulations to the overall Mundus, allowing it to easily catch a minimum 5% growth?

Our editorial have yet to find a perfect example of a privatised state, with the exception of Némérie’s special status which result more in fiscal appeasements for attracting fortunate citizens. But we should not lose hope, and we shall follow the recent development in Heyra with the greatest attention.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
How an Iwi Harbour project might become the epicentre of a crisis
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2018, 11:00:27 PM »

2018/10/21,

Back in March 2017, the Government of the Unified Iwi found itself in a delicate situation, effectively asking to the Mundus Development Bank a load of 2 billions USD for a 20% interest on 12 years. Today this load might be the Unified Iwi’s worst nightmare. The load was demanded for the construction of a new harbour on the Krimeon Sea, as Iwi exports were increasing and knowing a most important growth since 2 decades. But with the recent most controversial execution by the Iwi Authorities of a former Royal Seleucid Official, nations from around the Mundus have started to react differently to this, with East Moreland having a quasi-neutral stance on the matter for instance, as the two nations maintain great economic ties and friendship, but that is far from being the case with Tamora which openly showed hostility, but that is not it. Rokkenjima as Third Largest Mundus economy have shown open hostility too, and mean it by ordering Abstergo to withdraw from a potential contract worth billions, proving once more the Rokkenjiman’s clear ties to its moral against all economic logic, something to be praised or criticised.

However, in all of this, what is to retain, is Rokkenjima is the first provider in terms of finances of the Mundus Development Bank, it is also its most influential member with 25 billions USD having been granted to the young organisation, without forgetting that Rokkenjima itself is the founder of this organisation founded back in March 2015 following a statement from Empress Béatrice. And this may well impact heavily the Iwi economy which have seen the C.N.N. certainly as its first trade partner, but also Rokkenjima which is not far of. Those two quoted factors give a great lever to the Rokkenjimans, in particular Empress Béatrice if this one was to decide to involve herself personally in the current situation, which turned into a crisis.

Exuperia business center which host M.D.B. headquarters

The Iwi harbour, financed by the Mundus Development Bank, still being under construction, may see its finances be cut therefore, along having the overall exports be reduced with a negative growth in the worst case scenario. Without putting aside that, with 121 billions USD in terms of funds -for only little bit more then 3 years of existence- the M.D.B. dispose of vast possibilities of influence to both the nations it helped, and its Members. Current President of the organisation, the Achkaerinese Francisco Rivière, have been rather quiet in the most flammable geopolitical context, compared to its counter-parts, the former President, the Némérienne Catherine Serreau which dismissed herself following great resistance from Rokkenjiman and Achkaerinese delegates with her concrete proposal to amend the organisation to a more liberal and free-trade stance, clarify the organisation’s working methods and make the M.D.B. engage with profits.

The King Piripi of the Unified Iwi, directed his answer to the Rokkenjiman by taking directly as an example the visit of Empress Béatrice to Tamora, which have been most controversial knowing that Rokkenjima itself bought slave from Tamora, and that, following the said meeting between the Empress Béatrice and the Emperor Abbas, sanctions were lifted on the Rokkenjiman side, a most surprising measure which allowed the King Piripi to pressure that very specific point in what seems to be a statement in Mangai Nui, the main Iwi newspaper.

Question remains if the Rokkenjiman Executive or the Empress herself will use of this influence to put in question the Iwi project, being vital for Iwi exports, or decides to change the terms of the 2 billions USD contract, which was on 12 years with a 20% interest. The question was brought by many journalists to the former-President Serreau now President Directeur-Général in a Némérien Bank, which once more expressed her “bitterness” to the Board. She also remembered that she “have made possible 10,2 billions USD worth of transaction in 28 days” with her Presidency, which is “10 times more then the M.D.B. did in 3 and half years of existence” when she wasn’t at the head of the M.D.B., clearly having badly digested the resistance imposed by the Board on her. She’d also consider as a “great mistake” to “use the M.D.B. as a tool against the Iwi, political and economic contexts are not to be mixed”. What remains certain is that the crisis shall certainly force the M.D.B. to define its core values, and alignment or not towards what some consider an Iwi violation of the M.C.U.R., as even if the Unified Iwi are a non-Signatory, all the Board Members of the M.D.B. are, and without the benevolent tone of East Moreland in the next Board meeting -as it is not a Member of the M.D.B.-, nothing is certain.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Multi-Billion Contract called “Elysium”
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 08:58:07 AM »

2018/10/27,

A contract… Between States? This is a massive legal hole today that have been open with the signature and ratification of the “Contract for Elysium Program”, or in short the C.E.P. by the Heyran Senate. Effectively, the announcement and ratification during a public session of the said contract, which ties Tamora and Heyra in a 100 years deal, agitated the (little) Heyran political class, as the Motion for its ratification passed without controversy thanks to the Party for the Republic which owns 80% of the Senate. Rumours stated that the terrain had been smoothed by Lobbists which absolutely wanted this Motion to pass, in exchange, offering many advantages for the Senators voting in favour along for the Party of the Republic an insurance of funds for the coming campaigns, which have so far ensured its domination of the Heyran politics during those last 73 years of unconditional and unshared rule.

The legal breach that is open is when such contract talks about a land-lease, giving a mandatory special status to the territory which is known as “Elysium” in the Contract, something the Heyran legal arsenal doesn’t possess nor know how to deal with, making us expect a series of reform to, or adapt the current status of a Prefecture to the one of Elysium, or grant Elysium a very special status in the Republic. Another rising issue is that the said territory is “given (for 100 years)” to the Heyran Conglomerate, an entity that have been unheard of until now, as one of the Senator in the Senate commented that it was about “the Republic and private interests”. Therefore, the Senate shall in the coming day clarifies two major points to manage those holes it created itself.

But one might ask, why is this contract such a necessity? The short answer might be that The Defense Stock Exchange (TD) have known an increase of 17% in only a couple hours following the announcement (such number may be impressive, but for the little number of points TD is compared to larger markets, it remains “only satisfying” following the own statement of M.I.F.’s Director of the Trading Department). Number are speaking for themselves, the 4 companies forming The Square have publicly informed to be part of the C.E.P. and be among the “private interests” that associated themselves and led the negotiations.

Will the deal be sustainable? The C.E.P. have the Emperor of Tamora’s signature, meaning that legally the State of Tamora have signed and ratified it, following the legal status of the Empire. However one might ask given the known implicit along oral traditions/laws that exist in Tamora, how such contract may persevere 100 years? What shall prevent the Emperor’s successor to revoke the C.E.P.. To that, after having studied the texte, we believe the Heyran Conglomerate (association of the Heyran Republic along private interests) plan on demonstrating the economic importance of such contract, making it impossible for the Tamorans to revoke the C.E.P. in violent manners, a strategy that comports risks obviously. Enhance why the Heyran Conglomerate seems to also count on Tamora’s personal reputation as a country which honours its agreement.

Talking about the benefits, estimated 25 billions USD following a D.I.B.’s investigation could be “released” from the pressure of international sanctions put on Tamora, using Elysium as an annexe to which exporters may be pushed to the four corners of the Mundus while not being heavily imposed as they currently are, knowing that the Heyra does not impose any tarif on its imports and that no sanctions have been voted against Tamora. Another relatively easy benefit would be about investment, that may pass more smoothly and be attracted by the shiny new land that Elysium would be, allowing investors, even from Lodja and Paracambi, to come and enjoy of Tamora’s most light legislations and cheap labour force.

Concept Art of the building “Reunion” to be built in Elysium

For investments, already 7 Heyran companies have signed a common declaration affirming their interest in establishing local offices to serve their clients locally in order to first, address a timezone question, and second be closer to them for services. The 7 Heyran companies are planning the construction of a 260 000 m2 building to host some 12 000 employees in the greatest luxury along the building to be environmentally-friendly, even if the cost is already estimated to 5 billions USD, meaning the project is far from being achieved.

Given Elysium being a hole in Heyran legislation, it is expected that foreign companies will have no obstruction for their establishment in the land, offering them a direct contact with Tamora with no real legal border or tarif to discourage them. Obviously international reactions from respectives governments are awaited, however it is expected that many international groups and corporations will seek to establish themselves in Elysium to enjoy of a drastic cost in labour force as we already have seen in many other nations.

Offline Nova

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

2018/10/28,

It seems rather impressive that nations throughout the Mundus are only starting to involve themselves in the Iwi-Seleucid ongoing cold war only following the controversial decision, by Iwi Laws of Justice, of the execution of a former Seleucid Military Official and the disposal of his dead body in international waters. While of this remains important for moral issues, enhance why nations have started to involve themselves in this conflict by directly opposing or supporting one of the two parties, what remains far from being settled are the economic involvements in such matter, which are part of a larger movement and a domino chain that one might not have expected in the first place, setting thus the future of the Mundus economy and its geopolitic.

A triangle of crisis start to be formed, with a group of rebel against the established power in Paracambi having rose, openly showing strength in a series of attack, with the most recent touching directly the Ruler’s wife of the nation, with her death, Empress Madeline in the heart of the Aluhampton Royal Palace as the Rastafarian militant group was “angry” at the Emperor’s position on a group known as the Papa Legba's Army to be in open rebellion against the established Government of Bakkermaya. This come destabilising recent investments made in the nation, most particularly the one in the island of Alemba which is known to be a tourist attraction, and to be a great potential in terms of tourists per year, with personal investment made by the Lodjain Stasiuk for instance in a local hotel, which is a reconverted Dartfordian military base. Question of the financial durability carried by such project may openly be asked, and if this project was to become a total failure due to the uncertain climate, how would the Paracambian economy sort this out? As even if even if the island of Alemba have a certain autonomy, allowing it to smooth its legislation with a 0% corporate tax, safety remains key for a tourist industry. This comes at a worst cost for Bakkermaya, which have an open rebellion of insurgent willing to join the nation of Paracambi as they are seeking to “create an Albion wide Empire for the Vodou faith”, something the Vodou Emperor of Paracambi had opposed resulting in the said attack on the Royal Palace.

View on the Sea of Alucard from a luxurious hotel in Alemba, Paracambi

All of this to come to what? The Iwi-Seleucid-Paracambi triangle is becoming slowly, but surely, a triangle of crisis. Following the many crisis having erupted in the Illumic in the last decades, it is now this part of the Mundus that the nations are listening. The Sea of Kyne remains one of the most strategic corner when coming to trade, having directly or indirectly involved the 10 largest economies with a minimum of 20% of their sea imports and exports passing through this area. While the Illumic is demilitarising itself, with programs announced by the Rokkenjimans over Somerset and Heyrans by cancelling a fighters’ orders, the Sea of Kyne is only a rising activity, with the Ecclesiastical State announcing clearly its intention to deal with the matter in personally, as its leader, Pope Peter II announced a sort of crusade against the Papa Legba's Army based in Bakkermaya due to the many violences made by the group, as the “Ecclesiastical government will coordinate a war-time strategy with its fellow allies”. On the other side, the Rokkenjiman have announced that from the Q.K.N.B., a Rokkenjiman permanent naval base in Dartfordia, which following rumours is being renegotiated, a Carrier Strike Group had departed to “check against unwarranted unilateral actions without any form of sanction”, more precisely targeting the Ecclesiastical force which shall appear in the region, making, respectively the 3rd and 2nd largest economies, “playing” between the Sea of Kyne and Sea of Alucard. On the other hand, the Bakkermayan wish to handle the crisis regionally, by involving the Council of Albion which have yet responded, and have seen a Bakkermayan office accusing directly the Paracambian of laxist, by stating “Paracambians have somehow allowed this group to take shape” and considering that they didn’t took enough responsibility of the situation by adding “people need to step up and take responsibility for the problems that their faith have taken”, while on the other hand the Bakkermayan Lynchwood, a Governmental Official, have considered them to be “fools that are playing a dangerous game” and adding that they “are nothing more than an inconveniance”, letting us see a clear lack of communication in the Bakkermayan chain of hierarchy, at least between the civilian and military stances. What remains certain is that the crisis remains far from being over, with violences by the rebels pursuing, while they continue to pledge allegiance to the Emperor of Paracambi, the same Emperor which officially did not dismissed the rebels and even stated “It is my dream to one day see all people embrace the faith that is Vodou” as an answer to what happened near the township of High Fell in the Sea of Alucard.

The said crisis is expected to have impact on the joint Lodjain-Bakkermayan venture following the Treaty of Harby signed recently, only last September. The Island of Harby have an ever-growing heavy-exportations harbour complexe that is to be the central key in this Trade Zone that is to be built, however with rising tensions and 2 out of the Top 3 Mundus-economies inviting them to the area, investors might question how wise such investment could be. Notice that such issue may extend itself to the natural gas extraction alongside precious metals, that are both a developing industry and are both among the top 3 exports of Lodja.

With this, we covered the Paracambian-corner, which extends itself to the Sea of Alucard, only to join the Seleucid-corner. An always under-question moral-stance over Tamora, military operations between Seleucid and Iwi all over the Sea of Kyne with arrestation of an Iwi military submarine recently by Seleucid Navy in questionable terms, a Cenneg base being like a bullet pointed at the Royal Seleucid and the Slava Bishop breaking ties with the Ecclesiastical which are known to be quite reactive over such matters, we consider our readers to better know the situation following how impactful it is on the oil barrel’s price, without forgetting that, out of the 3 Members of the O.P.E.N. organisation, 2 are in the region and its founding Members, respectively Tamora and the Royal Seleucid. The congruous C.E.P. deal signed between Tamora and what is known as the Heyran Conglomerate, even if under polemic, adds yet another minor actor to the region, which is highly under surveillance already, while this give many opportunities as we already covered in one of our previous article.

An Arda Tuluvan container-ship in a Lodjain harbour

Finally, the Unified Iwi close the triangle, allowing it also to become a 3 dimensions space if we will, with the most recent events including the destruction by Seleucid forces of an oil extraction platform and as said earlier in this article, polemic around the execution of a former Seleucid Official which we invite you to dive in through one of our article dedicated to the matter. This would be forgetting the bubonic plague having appeared last February and stopped more or less last May, which can be, following direct Iwi statements, “has origins in Royal Seleucid aircraft from The Iwi” with confirmation more or less by the Cross-Mundus Agency Members, as the plague had direct impacts to financial centres as they are heavily connected through air-transportation between them. With this can be add effective strikes arranged by Iwi forces directly in Seleucid territory against Seleucid facilitates evaluated by the Iwi to have been producing Sarin gas during the occupation of the Commonwealth by the Royal Seleucid.

What can we get from those many factors? A clear rise of tensions and change in terms of concerns of the Mundus, passing from the Illumic to Kyne-Alucard as mentioned earlier. Such change follows also the Mundus GDP, with nations with larger demographics expressing a higher GDP each year at an alarming rate, putting aside the former colonial powers and Empires alongside what have been known as the “Occidental Mundus”. This geopolitical balance, being shoved in a swing, will give much work to the nations of Seaforth, East Moreland and Achkaerin which were generally in the centre of interest in the Illumic, allowing them to take a more observer-like stance in the coming crisis, while pushing the Rokkenjiman, Dartfordian and Ecclesiastical to enforce their respective positions, and this, against the benefits of their own economies which have known to benefit from the relative remoteness of the previous crisis, mostly against the defunct U.S.R.. What is to be expected? A relative desertion of the previously popular finance centres of the Illumic and up North at the profit of the nation with cheaper living conditions and labour such as Royal Seleucid, Tamora and Arda Tuluva, showing many advantages for good-producing companies along-side important oil reserves.