Author Topic: Press Office of the Mundus Sporting Community  (Read 5224 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Press Office of the Mundus Sporting Community
« on: December 03, 2017, 10:59:55 PM »
Logo Placeholder

For all announcements from the various organisations that run sports on Mundus.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Press Office of the Mundus Sporting Community
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 11:25:14 PM »
Regarding the Iwi v Royal Seleucid World Cup Qualifier

The upcoming World Cup in Himeyama represents the pinnacle of football on Mundus at the international level and will see the best players in the world compete against each other. The Mundus Football Association has always maintained that all nations that can field a team should be eligible to compete and this is a policy that will never change. This year we have seen a record number of nations petition to enter the Football World Cup meaning that for the first time in the competition's history we are having to hold a qualifying round. As is always the case in such situations the ties are drawn at random, however as we have seen before such draws have led to concerns, we can look back to when during the third World Cup where East Moreland and Borland ended up in the same group, in that case the hosts of that World Cup Achkaerin took adequate precautions and tightened up the police presence in the cities where those two group games took place.

The current qualifying round pits Royal Seleucid against the Iwi, two nations that have history. It was always a possibility going into the draw that this could happen and we note the concerns raised by the RSFA, not only that but we agree that these are real concerns as we cannot discount the various actions of the Commonwealth of the Iwi in recent times, some of which are debatable as to whether or not they are within the boundaries of international law, this brings into question the safety of the Royal Seleucid team, staff and fans when playing the away leg of the tie. It is not the policy of the Mundus Football Association or the Mundus Sporting Community to involve itself in the various issues arising between nations, our concern is with putting on a sporting occasion that is remembered for the right reasons.

Therefore following discussion and consultation the MFA has decided in this instance to reschedule the leg of the tie due to take place in the Iwi so that it will now take place in Gowu, with the ticket allocation remaining proportionately the same, and we thank the Achkaerin Football Association for their assistance in this matter. We are confident that this allays the concerns of the RSFA, if the Government of the Iwi has any evidence of war crimes against any member of the Iwi squad or coaching staff then we suggest they present such evidence to the Gowu authorities.

Signed

Bruno Kjærgaard
Mundus Football Association (MFA) President
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:39:26 PM by Achkaerin »

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:48:57 PM »
Announcement of the 2018 Mundus Champions League Final

As per the rules of the Mundus Champions League, each year the final of the competition takes place in a location determined before the tournament begins. This year the final will take place in Eventide the capital of Seaforth at Eventide Stadium. As President of the MFA I wish all of the thirty two participating teams in this years competition the best of luck and I look forward to seeing who I will be presenting the cup to at the end of the tournament.

Bruno Kjærgaard
Mundus Football Association (MFA) President

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 03:16:25 PM »
Announcement of New Events for the 2019 Mundus Games

Following a vote of the Mundus Games Committee, the following applications of the following three sports have been selected for inclusion in this years Games - Skateboarding, Cue Sports and Cricket. Skateboarding will operate with criteria along the same lines as snowboarding in the Winter Games with competition in both halfpipe and freestyle events, Cricket will operate in a T20 tournament format, Cue Sports will see Snooker and Pool included in knockout tournament format, in the case of Pool the MGC has determined that it shall be the Achkaerinese Eight Ball format[1]. All the sports shall be contested by both men and women.

Registration for the Mundus Games shall be open shortly

Signed

Eleanor Lewington
President Mundus Games Committee
 1. OOC - https://www.pooltablesonline.co.uk/blog/pool-rules-8-ball-uk-pool-rules/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:30:31 PM by Achkaerin »

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 02:56:53 AM »

The Mundus Games Committee understands and respects the opinion of Prime Minister Thatcher. We do employ for the Mundus Games what has until now always been considered a robust and fair bidding process geared towards ensuring equal opportunities for all the sports loving nations of Mundus and a safe environment for all the athletes, coaches and umpires participating as well as the fans travelling from abroad to cheer their heroes on. We have strict criteria that hosting bids must meet, these are assessed by an analyst group and a risk assessment is produced and whether a bid is permitted to advance to the vote stage is based on that assessment. We will as is our custom look into this process before the next games and make any adjustments we believe necessary taking into account the Tytorian concerns.

OOC Note - As much as I want to explain Icly why the Midaranye bid wasn't thrown out I actually can't because the reason is OOCly rooted so I'm going to give a very brief OOC explanation on this because the OOC and IC do blend a little in the sign up stage of sporting events.

In very basic terms I endeavour not to put barriers in the way of people participating in sports events which is why when I look at a bid I look at it OOCly and ask two questions: 1) does the bid meet the four criteria that I lay out in the bidding information? 2) Is the country bidding in the midst of an armed conflict? If the answer to those questions are yes and no respectively then the bid is OOCly acceptable and it is included in the vote stage.

I am aware that Tamora's practice of slavery would constitute a legitimate reason to disqualify the bid, however I didn't and the reason is because if I were to say that Tamora cannot host a sporting event because of slavery then I could equally say that Tamora should not be allowed to compete because of the practice and if I could say that then I could easily end up looking at Hassfurt and saying oppressive nature of the Strata system invalidates their right to compete, It risks creating an RP obstacle and to some extent a minimum standard for played nations to conform to which in my view risks killing originality and that's the last thing I think we want. This is why I only set an armed conflict as a reason to invalidate the bid beyond not meeting the bidding criteria. I know in RL the bid would get thrown out by the IOC but I don't think it appropriate to adopt that position here.

I do concede that it looks silly if an issue such as slavery goes unchallenged so I will look at a slight adjustment to the bidding process for the future events to allow nations to challenge a bid, but if I do implement that I will ask that it is used responsibly and fairly.