Author Topic: Operation Crimson Storm - the Mhorish Sea Campaign - RP MOD HAT ON!!  (Read 7265 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
If I'm honest this RP is moving a little fast without things being sorted. Its something that is going to be an important part of our world's canon, however at the moment its just simply bizarre. I've avoided getting involved as frankly its becoming a ROFLstomp of the Ardians and logistically this doesn't make sense. Even Gadshack who was deeply involved in the concept has no idea who the sides are.

So Step 1 of me sorting this out is gathering the two sides together. Let me know which side your on and why.

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE MHORISH CAMPAIGN

Side 1Side 2
Himeyama
Ahkabnil
Ardian Empire
Royal Seleucid
Heyra
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:07:15 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
Re: Operation Crimson Storm - the Mhorish Sea Campaign - RP MOD HAT ON!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 08:43:33 PM »
The Himekuno Republic is on Side 1, the Mhorish Campaign sparked with Ardia declaring war on Himekuno and taking the strategically invaluable atoll of Nurashima with a decisive naval attack.

If more detail is desired I'm happy to oblige.
something funny or offensive here

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:45:42 PM »
The Himekuno Republic is on Side 1, the Mhorish Campaign sparked with Ardia declaring war on Himekuno and taking the strategically invaluable atoll of Nurashima with a decisive naval attack.

If more detail is desired I'm happy to oblige.

Could I get some background on why the war was declared. Not asking this as in "you can't be part of it" but just helps us create the background.

Offline Gadshack

• Banned
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ahkabnil
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »
Ahk on side one

https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=436.msg3323#msg3323

outdated but basic reasons stand

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 09:02:33 PM »
With the horn of Ardia geopolitically fractured after Ahkabnil and Himekuno seceded from the Quywe Empire, The newly formed and highly militaristic Himekuno Republic, while at peace with both the ardians and Quywe at the moment, was on a self-destructive course of militarization with the intention of striking down Cojotan, the remaining territory of the Quywe Empire and likely conquer the rest of the Horn afterwards.

Knowing this was likely the case, Ardia essentially came to the Quywe Empire with the clear intention of vassalizing them, with the promise that they could restore the Quywe Empire while also plotting to expand their influence into the Mhorish; their target was Nurashima, from which they could maintain a significant naval presence in the region. With this in mind, Ardia launched a surprise attack on Nurashima on May 1940, quickly taking control of the island and pushing inwards to the Horn of Ardia  with the intent on pacifying the rogue republic with an amphibious invasion.
something funny or offensive here

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 09:29:13 PM »
Baltikum maintained its policy of neutrality during the latter part of the Great War. When the Mhorish campaign began in 1938, the fate of Baltikum was unclear. But by a combination of its geopolitical location in the Alba Karinya continent, successful realpolitik manoeuvring during an unpredictable course of events, and a dedicated military build-up before and during the course of the war, Baltikum managed to maintain its official neutrality throughout the war. Iron ore was sold to Ardia while money was donated to Heyra, considering that it had a valuable colony on the western shores of Cotf Aranye, namely Saheristan, and would have preferred peaceful trading than problems directly with warfare against the mighty empire.  Because of its neutral status, Baltikum was of considerable interest to all parties involved, as the scene for diplomacy, espionage, commerce, and as a safe haven for refugees. And for the Allies, Baltikum shared military intelligence and also allowed the Allies to use Baltic airbases between 1944 and 1945.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »
Achkaerin's on side one. I'm thinking along the lines of the sinking of the Lusitania and suggesting that Ardia in waging war sinks an Achkaerinese vessel (could be in Kyne or Krimeon) in similar circumstances to that, an already existing borderline anger from Gowu about the lack of supplies during winters (due to RS-Ardian canal bottleneck coupled with northern weather conditions) was given further volume and the loss of Achkaerinese civilian lives was enough to force a declaration of war against Ardia in 1939.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 10:02:05 PM »
Achkaerin's on side one. I'm thinking along the lines of the sinking of the Lusitania and suggesting that Ardia in waging war sinks an Achkaerinese vessel in similar circumstances to that, an already existing borderline anger from Gowu about the lack of supplies during winters (due to RS-Ardian canal bottleneck coupled with northern weather conditions) was given further volume and the loss of Achkaerinese civilian lives was enough to force a declaration of war against Ardia in 1935.

If Achkaerin starts off as neutral why would the RS-Ardian bottleneck be an issue? They'd be letting ships through, like how at the start of WW2 US ships weren't stopped in the straits of Gibraltar, of course passage was slowed but didn't stop US trade with places like India. Also if Achkaerin aren't in the war there would be no one else coming through the Matilda's.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »
Ok I'll drop the Gowu aspect but proceed with the Lusitania theory.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:24 PM »
Ok I'll drop the Gowu aspect but proceed with the Lusitania theory.

So the accidental sinking of 1 ship leads to a deceleration of war?

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 11:25:07 PM »
Ok this may sound off the wall but how about the ship in question carrying the Achkaerinese Emperor? Having just realized I have a coronation in the history in 1944, so I figure that could be brought forwards to late 1940. In theory if the ship is mistaken (or 'mistaken') for an enemy vessel and sunk by Ardia then the killing of the Head of State would be sufficient cause. Could be done if around the Aranye coast of the Mhorish I think for example if visiting Kaedwen or somewhere around there as this would keep him in theory away from the majority of the fighting area of the canals and until we hit 1940 the west Krimeon isn't a full on war zone.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 11:31:35 PM »
Ok this may sound off the wall but how about the ship in question carrying the Achkaerinese Emperor? Having just realized I have a coronation in the history in 1944, so I figure that could be brought forwards to late 1940. In theory if the ship is mistaken (or 'mistaken') for an enemy vessel and sunk by Ardia then the killing of the Head of State would be sufficient cause. Could be done if around the Aranye coast of the Mhorish I think for example if visiting Kaedwen or somewhere around there as this would keep him in theory away from the majority of the fighting area of the canals and until we hit 1940 the west Krimeon isn't a full on war zone.

Sounds bonkers, but if you can find someone to agree to sink him then I suppose so. Still means HUGE logistic problems that I have yet to think of ways of you overcoming.