Author Topic: Thirty-One Spirits  (Read 4181 times)

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
Thirty-One Spirits
« on: March 12, 2018, 02:28:54 AM »
Thirty-One Spirits is a fantasy side project of mine that falls only extremely vaguely within the realm of Mundus canon, and even then only within Himeyama, so it wouldn't really make sense to put it in the vignettes section.

It's not an open RP and should be treated as a vignette series.
something funny or offensive here

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
Re: Thirty-One Spirits
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 03:42:45 AM »
Sitting above the ground as though a raft upon still water, a seamless amalgamation of crystal, wood and stone imposed its presence upon the deep green forests of the Tsukobaishi Valley. Called the Tower of the Divine, a great palace from which the beings of the heavens plotted and made their presence known in the realms of mortals. Atop hundreds of floors, in the full view of the blue sky, marbled by the orange clouds of dusk sat the celestial garden, where dozens of young women with long white robes frantically tended to the flora within. At the center, a regal-looking woman sat upon a cushion, bearing an elegantly embroidered robe.

In an almost lethargic manner, she patiently sharpened a ceremonial dagger with a slow, repetitive movement; her eyes locked forward and up towards the clouds. As one of the servants hurried by in front of her, she lowered her head, gaze stopping the woman in place. Knowing she was about to be spoken to, the servant obediently dropped to her knees with her head down. Taking note of the center of the garden, the other robed servants quickly set aside the tasks at hand and rushed to followed suit, forming neat rank-and file lines in front of the lady in the center. Smirking ever so slightly, the noble-looking woman adjusted her posture to add extra height to her visage while she checked to ensure the servants were all present. Satisfied with their obedience, she carefully set aside the whetstone to her left, then stabbed the knife into the ground with an uncharacteristically fast flick.

"I am ready to pass on my judgement of this world." She announced in her typical soothing voice. "Lady Shio, let it be known what your judgement is! From the four corners of this garden, it shall spread to the furthest reaches of the heavens!" the front and center servant cried, head still locked downwards. The dagger that had been driven into the ground had begun to glow, like veins running just beneath the skin, a dim green colour had begun to flow along the brilliant surface of the knife, slowly growing brighter. With a lazy, flowing motion, Shio pulled it from the soil and rested it on her lap. "It pains me, for the beauty of this place is unmatched, but this realm has become one with sin. We shall take it into heaven with us, and let its beauty be matched by its purity when our work is done."

"It shall be known!" the front and center servant cried again, rising up to a sitting position, but with her head stiffly downwards still. "The messengers of judgement shall be assigned when the sun next rises, now, forgive my interruption, it's not typical that I get in the way of your work like this." The servants bowed once more in unison and hastily returned to their stations. Shio chuckled happily and rested the dagger upon the ground, now glowing brightly enough for a green hue to highlight her face. As the petals danced around her, she held her hand out to let them graze her; glowing green as the touch of her hand caused them to fade from existence.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
Re: Thirty-One Spirits
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:16:37 AM »
Lit only by lotus wax candles upon the still water, Lady Shio sat in comfortable silence in the tranquil underbelly of the Tower of the Divine, alone. Years and years of meditation culminated in the decision to tear the world from its roots and bring it into heaven just hours earlier left the Divine Spirit mentally exhausted. Eyes still sealed closed, her downtime was interrupted by a sudden burst of hot air. "Haku. You finally show yourself again." she said in a low growling tone, slowly opening her eyes to gaze upon the figure in front of her. A woman covered by short red and jade silk robes, with wild silver hair that ended in a long ponytail.

Haku narrowed her eyes and sat down upon the water in front of Shio, creating a fireball with her hands to illuminate them in the Tower of the Divine's secret garden. "I've been waiting patiently for this day. After so long, heaven's newest Judge finally accomplishes her first sentence." Haku said, her tone was cold, but not bitter. "A thousand years is a long time to not speak to someone, I understand." Shio shot back.

"A thousand years for someone such as myself goes as fast as a mortal can blink their eyes, however, it's a thousand more years than I'd prefer to keep alive for." Haku uncorked a bottle held to her waist by a thick, ornate rope. A faintly glowing liquid with whole lotus flowers sitting at the bottom. She took a swig and left the bottle to float in the garden. "At this age, you run out of things that still bring a light to your eye, no experience is a new experience. The only thing that's kept me from letting this elixir feed the soil and my body with it is one last word with you." Haku sighed, a slight expression of disgust on her face from the liquid she just swallowed.

"Your complaints have not gone unnoticed, Haku. But when my mind bothers itself with such an important decision, my body is permitted only to sit and wait patiently. So, is it time for you to finally take your leave?" Shio said, eyeing the jug bobbing in the water. "As an old friend, I am determined to witness your judgement on this land before I go, I may or may not decide to contribute to the uprooting of this place, but I will certainly look on." Haku said, scooping up the jug and fastening it against her waist once more.

Raising her hand and clenching it into a fist, she snuffed out the fireball that levitated between herself and Shio; and then with a sudden burst of hot air, Shio sat alone in silence once more, now bearing a slight grin.