Author Topic: Treaty of Unity for Alucard Nations (TUNA)  (Read 8251 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Treaty of Unity for Alucard Nations (TUNA)
« on: July 27, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »
The Island nations of the Alucard recognise that they face unique and common difficulties. These nations further recognise that by working together they are more likely to overcome these problems. Additionally the nations realise that when one of them prospers so can the others and that through mutual co-operation in certain fields all nations may prosper.

In order to achieve this the nations of TUNA agree to the following.

1. That any nation with  territory in the Sea of Alucard may affirm this Treaty and receive the full benefits so long as they accept the responsibilities outlined.

2. All signatories recognise the territorial waters of the others as determined by the Free Seas Concordt.

2.1 Nations agree to not build artificial islands for the purpose of expanding their territorial waters or EEZ's.

2.2 Nations may construct said islands but recognise that they shall not be included in waters as directed by the FSC.

3. Any waters outside the Exclusive Economic Zone of signatory nations shall be divided into Patrol Areas, one for each nation. Within these Patrol Areas the Navy of the allocated nation shall assume control of co-ordinating the following operations.

a) Anti-Piracy Operations
b) Anti-Smuggling Operations
c) Search and Rescue Operations

4. Signatory nations shall share information regarding criminal and terrorist activity so long as the sharing of that information does not endanger the nations national security.

5. Signatory nations shall seek to work together to reduce pollution in the Sea of Alucard. All member nations will be required to fund an equal share of the Alucard Plastic Clean up system (Approx $60million a year for the project)

6. Signatory nations shall seek to work together to reduce climate change as we recognise that our homes are among the most threatened areas of Mundus in this regard. In order to do this the signatory nations shall seek to co-operate in international organisations to influence global or regional legislation.

7. Signatory nations agree to ensure port fees for other signatory nations are equal to or lower than non signatory nations.

8. Signatory nations agree to reduce tariffs between each other to levels lower than non signatory nations excluding those covered by specific treaties.

9. Signatory nations meet once a year as a minimum to discuss issues of concern to each nation.

10. The nations of this treaty agree to live peacefully with each other and use international organisations to arbitrate any disputes between them.

11. Nations agree to establish an embassy in each of the others. Should the Head of State of a signatory nation request it the Ambassador must present themselves within 24 hours.

12. TUNA recognise the Water Nomads as one of many indigenous groups that have managed to maintain their way of life. As a result this organisation shall commit to, wherever possible, supporting their way of life. As such the organisation shall adopt the following measures.

Measures

1) Water Nomads in environmentally serviceable vessels may freely travel through the waters of member nations.
2) Water Nomdas shall face no restrictions on the use of a nations EEZ beyond those placed on citizens of the nation of which EEZ they are in.
3) Water Nomads shall be permitted to stay in the water of a member nation, so long as they comply with said nations rules of use of the EEZ, indefinitely.

In addition the following processes shall be applied to the Water Nomads.

Processes

a) Any Water Nomad wishing to leave their traditional way of life behind will be supported to do so by members of this organisation.
b) Water Nomads presenting themselves at an official port of entry to a TUNA member nation shall be granted 12 months residency and must be treated as a citizen during that time
c) Following the 12 months the person shall be permitted to apply for full residency which must be granted if the individual has a) full time employment/study b) a permanent land based residence. c) not commited a criminal act d) is not deemed a threat to national security.
d) Water Nomads not granted residency may be removed only if another nation grants them residency, they return to the nomadic ways or are relocated to a residential centre located in the Mid Alucard Island Range.
e) One a Water Nomad has fulfilled all criteria to gain citizenship of a member nation they are granted all rights and privileges associated with this organisation.

12. A nation may withdraw from this treaty after 60 days written notice.

MEMBER NATIONS

Bakkermaya
Lodja
Paracambi
Nya Aland
Ui Cenneslaig
Aosta

Observers - Dartfordia (.sections 2, 4-6 and 8-12 of the treaty.)

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dartfordia
Re: Treaty of Unity for Alucard Nations (TUNA)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 01:24:27 PM »

Kingdom of Dartfordia
Department for Foreign Affairs

Request of Observer Status

To the member states of the Treaty of Unity for Alucard Nations,

His Majesty's Government wishes to formally seek observer status for the Treaty organisation.

Due to our unique geographical position as a peninsula bordering the Sea of Kyne and the Sea of Alucard, we find ourselves in close proximity to TUNA nations and your Exclusive Economic Zones, as well as sharing a land and sea border with Paracambi. We do further have a small island in the Sea of Kyne, north of Stone in Cydonia Island.

As an observer member we would, at the outset, agree to adhere to sections 2, 4-6 and 8-12 of the treaty.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

John Lankly MP
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
The Most Honourable Marquess CGJ
Vice Chancellor

Dartfordia: TIOwiki - Politics - Flags - Armed Forces

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:45:38 PM »

The Empire of Paracambi supports the admission of Dartford as an observer to the organisation and looks forward to working alongside them. We therefore open a period of 48 hours for other nations to either support or deny their admission with the majority verdict ruling. We would however strongly recommend our colleagues in Lodja and Muneski back this bid as it is our belief that there is strength in numbers and Dartford could be an excellent addition to our fledgling organisation.

Signed

Emperor Benson II

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »
OOC - With no one objecting to Dartfordia then their in.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »

To:- The Members of TUNA

We have watched as this fledgling organisation has begun to grow and we see great potential in it.

We have the islands of Walesby, Wellow and Harby located in the Alucard. We however see three of the Dukedoms that make up our nation sitting in the Mhorish but we hope this will not be a barrier to our joining this organisation as a full member.

Best Regards

Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 09:57:20 PM »

To:- Fellow Members of TUNA

With Bakkermaya applying to join the organisation I fully support their membership and so with their application received  we therefore open a period of 48 hours for other nations to either support or deny their admission with the majority verdict ruling.

Regards

Emperor Benson II

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 03:57:24 PM »
OOC- WIth the 48 hours gone, voting is closed and Bakkermaya is now part of TUNA.

Membership is now;-

Paracambi
Lodja
Muneski
Bakkermaya
Dartfordia (As an observer member  to sections 2, 4-6 and 8-12 of the treaty.)

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 08:19:00 PM »

A REQUEST REGARDING THE NATION OF CABBAGELANDIET

We have seen the previously isolated nation of Cabbagelandiet emerge from isolation and this is something to be welcomed. There is however one concern that I have, as a nation that boasts a navy mainly made up of fishing boats and with a rather large coast line it effectively makes this nation a back door into Albion for smugglers. While TUNA is primarily concerned with supporting the island nations of the Alucard I believe in this situation Cabbagelandiet deserve special consideration due to their nations unique position in terms of naval presence. I am therefore willing to place the following fleet on patrol in the Southern Alucard should Cabbagelandiet support it.

2 submarines ( Akan and Shi Maria)
The Frigate Duppy
The Corvette Ghede
2 Fast Patrol Ships.

We wish to gain the approval of the fellow TUNA nations before making this offer to Cabbagelandiet.

Signed

Emperor Benson of the Paracambian Empire
Head Houngan of the Vodou Faith

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 08:25:10 PM »
The nation of Lodja support this move and would be willing to share the load if required.

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dartfordia
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 08:19:42 PM »
The Kingdom of Dartfordia supports this motion, though we note our observer status.
The Most Honourable Marquess CGJ
Vice Chancellor

Dartfordia: TIOwiki - Politics - Flags - Armed Forces

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 09:16:31 AM »
TO:- Fellow TUNA Members

I am sorry to inform you that despite our best efforts to form relationships with Cabbagelandiet and support their efforts to modernise that we have now had our hand of support slapped away. In the past few days, without discussing the matter with ourselves, the governments of Rokkenjima and Cabbagelandiet have signed an agreement to see Rokkenjima pay off the nations "debt" to this organisation. We however did not ever see this as a debt, the money given to Cabbagelandiet for their modern port facility was given with no expectation of money being repaid by a certain date, neither was it charged at interest or with fees save for not seeing through the conditions of our agreement.

As such the negotiated access to the markets of Cabbagelandiet which would have allowed five nations to help grow the Cabbagelandiet economy by creating jobs and providing modern new products and goods at a low rate due to our geographical proximity has been thrown out. We are sad to see that Cabbagelandiet has elected to end what we had hoped would have been a mutually beneficial and supportive relationship that gave them access to a market of around 450million people.  We are even more saddened that rather than discuss this decision with those nations who extended a hand of friendship it was revealed through the press.

I believe we at TUNA must now seek out other avenues to help our continent grow economically between ourselves.

Signed

Emperor Benson of Paracambi

Lead Hugon of the Vodou Faith

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 08:18:50 PM »
To: The Members of Tuna

I apologize for my late reply to the whole debt situation, the press has reported it way before I could write any sort of reply. I underestimated the quickness of the foreign press, and I hope that this whole misunderstanding can be fixed.

Cabbagelandiet may have the money to pay the "debt", we do not wish to break up the previously proposed arrangements. It'd be tremendously foolish and impolite to kick out and ignore the nations who have helped build a modern port in Cabbagelandiet.

With hopes of relations turning back to normal,
Signed,
Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »

Following the announcement that the island of Castries in Paracambi was home to a secret biological warfare facility the Queendom of Lodja will temporarily be suspending the right of Paracambians to enter Lodja pending a month long period of observation. On the 8th November 2019 we will review this policy and it is our hope that normal trade routes and movements can be recommenced.

Lodja offers Paracambi whatever military support is needed to ensure the situation on Castries is brought under control.

Signed

Queen Klara II of Lodja
Guardian of Sessifet

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »
The Empire of Paracambi formally asks its fellow TUNA members for support with or PKCS initiative to ensure the safe passage of shipping through the Kyne at this time of potential crisis in the region. It is our belief that the Alucard nations could provide co-ordination at the Eastern end of the convoy system. While we realise this is beyond the treaty obligations of this organisation we believe that measures such as this are necessary at this time.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 09:58:01 PM »

In the coming hours the Queendom of Lodja will be dispatching various naval assets to support the PKCS initaitive. Furthermore we shall be sending a senior naval officer to Paracambi to help organise the convoy system.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 02:01:38 PM »
Bakkermaya will stand by its commitments to act as good friends and partners. As such we will be joining our Lodjain friends in sending vessels to support the Paracambian initiative.

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aosta2
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »

To: The Membership of TUNA

Having considered full membership of TUNA for some time we are still not confident that joining the organisation is in our best interests. We do however believe that we can be mutually supportive of each other and thus we would like to suggest the creation of a similar if not identical economic agreement as that which exists with TUNA and East Moreland. It is our hope we may be able to meet and discuss such a proposal soon.

Best Regards

Princess Birgid of Aosta

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 11:55:22 PM »

STATEMENT FROM THE MONARCHY OF LODJA

I am writing to this organisation to explain to some of Lodja's closest partners and neighbours the recent events here without the propaganda of the press nor nations clouded by the influence of the CNN.

It is regretable that having tried for so long to persuade my wife that there was need for reform my calls were ignored. I had since marrying her done my best to guide her towards a principle that within the lifetime of the teenage Pleb they would experience a life in which the lines between the two status' in Lodja had disappeared. While initially mine and Klara's partnership saw many reforms put in place towards these aims it was sadly Crown-Princess Roksana who poisoned the Queen's mind against both me and the notion of reform. On the surface Roksana is presented as the kind and caring dutiful wife of Queen Klara, a women who has devoted her life to serving three Queens and that is the foundation of the problem. Her status in Lodja has risen far higher than she would have ever expected and it has all come from her ability to seduce a young and niave Queen. Since the birth of Prince Isaak my wife's mental health issues have been well documented by an ever prying press pack. This has seen Crown-Princess and her former lover Lord Besarian Ivanov take power for themselves. Since that time I have been effectively exiled along with many others who acted to advise the Queen in her reformation. Duke Tobias Pelagiya, a man who had dedicated his life to using his connections across Lodja and across Mundus on improving the access to education for Plebs found himself exiled from the Queendom. Minister of Defence, Lubos Kubik, found himself ousted from his job that had seen huge strides taken towards making the Lodjain military far superior than what it had ever been, was replaced with a Cenneg Prince who had slept his way into the inner circle of Crown-Princess Roksana. Faced with the inevitable future of Queen Klara being ever marginalised as this corrupt regime got its feet further and further under the Conclave table I had to act. First as a father to ensure my son did not become a chess piece for Roksana to use to manipulate my wife and her mental health. Second as a King of Lodja sworn to defend and serve all Lodjains regardless of their status. I would never be permitted to carry out my duty unless radical action was taken.

Naturally I regret the loss of life that had to occur however it was a sad almost inevitable consequence of the revolution which must come within Lodja. TUNA now stands able to amake a difference to the Lodjain people like never before. I therefore request that all nations who are members of TUNA stand with the Lodjain people and implement the following.

1. Refuse to recognise decisions taken by the conclave run by Crown Princess Roksana as the acts of a sovereign nation.

2. Issue arrest warrants for Besarian Ivanov and Crown-Princess Roksana for causing mental anguish and false imprisonment of Queen Klara.

3. Send observers to Lodja in order to oversee the transition to the Provisional government that I have called for.

4. Upon completion of this transition the organisation to oversee a process of compensation to be paid to those who died at the Isle of the Goddess.

5. The cancellation of the TUNA agreement with East Moreland as this arrangement serves only as a aid to Crown-Princess Roksana.

It is my hope that once this necessary and now hopefully peaceful revolution in Lodja is over the organisation will allow me to address it in person and fully explain my course of action.

Best Regards

King Leopold
Monarchy of Lodja

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 05:11:36 PM »

The Empire of Paracambi stands squarely behind our friendship with the QUEENDOM of Lodja. We have been presented with no evidence of wrong doing by the legitimate authority of Lodja that would justify actions taken by Leopold Hamsik and as such believe he should be hunted down and brought to justice along with any of his co-conspirators. With immediate effect we will be changing our ambassador to the Queendom with Cayden Stephens stepping aside during this period of crisis to be replaced by Prince Christian this change has been made to allow for swifter decision making regarding the situation in Lodja.

We are confident that all members of TUNA shall stand firmly behind Queen Klara and we wish her a speedy recovery.

Signed
Emperor Benson of Paracambi
Grand Hougon of the Vodou Faith

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 07:55:16 PM »

To Our Fellow Members

As some of you are already aware East Moreland have begun utilising an island in the Central Alucard Island Chain as an airfield in the ongoing crisis in Lodja. Our concerns over the use of the island saw us contact the ambassador of East Moreland.

Following our meeting with the ambassador from East Moreland we have learned of the following facts.

1. East Moreland have, with the support of Ui Cenneslaig and Lodja, constructed a makeshift airfield designed for temporary use on an island in the mid Alucard Island Chain. This island had no official name but is current using the name Cobble Field.

2. Cobble Field is being used as a base of operations for East Moreland's Air Force to conduct air patrols in search for the AWOL HMDS Morelander which has been effectively stolen by former King of Lodja, Leopold Hamsik. In addition to air patrols small boat patrols by special forces are also being undertaken.

3. Cobble Field sits in international waters but has effectively been turned into an East Moreland outpost.

4. We have made it clear to East Moreland that the manner in which this operation has taken place is disrespectful to the TUNA nations and should have happened only after consultation with other nations.

5. We have agreed with East Moreland that a Paracambian prescence on Cobble Field and in the waters surrounding it will be in order to observe the actions being taken.

6. East Moreland have agreed that within 48 hours of the HMDS Morelander being neutralised they will cease operations at Cobble Field. Should TUNA nations make arrangements for Cobble Field to be used for non military means they are prepared to leave it in tact. Should TUNA not reach such arrangement they shall dismantle their equipment and remove it within 72 hours of cessation of actions.

It is my belief that the Morelanders will stand by these agreements however we would appreciate any information you have utilising the words Cobble Field shall be passed on to ourselves.

With this in mind I believe this organisation should begin talks about what to do with the facility once East Moreland operations have been completed.

With this in mind I would like to invite the membership to suggest ideas for how we could make use of this island.

Offline Maes

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Arcaibh
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 08:27:43 PM »

To:- The Membership of TUNA

Having been impressed with some of the projects and the co-operation of the Treaty of Unity for Nations of the Alucard the Rìoghachd na Arcaibh (Kingdom of Arcaibh) would like to apply for membership of the organisation and will vow to abide by all parts of the Treaty while doing everything we can to be good partners.

Signed

Her Majesty Queen Eithne

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2023, 02:24:45 PM »
OOC- No idea how that got missed Nova. I would say if no one objects within 48 RL hours then we should just add Vinitsia to the organisation.

Offline Eboracum

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2023, 11:14:58 PM »

To- The Treaty of Unity for Alucard Nations Membership

We have read about your organisation with interest and while normally we would consider joining such a body and effecting closer relations with our regional neighbours we believe there are key parts of the charter that we can not commit to. For example we have no connection to the Water Nomad situation yet as members would be required to potentially provide residency to them. As such we seek an arrangement where a partnership between our nations can take place but on a basis of our Empire not being members but co-operating in several specific fields with our neighbours.

I would therefore like to invite delegates from any TUNA nation to visit Ebora for us to negotiate and arrangement that can then be put before the entire TUNA membership to determine acceptance.

Best Regards

Emperor Lucius III