Author Topic: A Prince Investigates  (Read 2329 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
A Prince Investigates
« on: April 30, 2020, 11:09:21 AM »

A PRIVATE COMMUNICATION TO THE REVEREND MOTHER

To:- Reverned Mother Erin McGregor

It is my belief that the ongoing situation my Kingdom finds itself in is one that must end. We are proud to be a place of origin and refuge for the Celtic people of your faith. However we are also proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with the people and government of East Moreland. At the moment these two stances are hard to exist simultanously. As such I am proposing that my Kingdom acts to seek to end the stand off between King David and yourself. I am mindful however this can not be done without addressing the extremely serious allegation of members of your faith seeking to gain access to nuclear waste in East Moreland, as well as having been involved in acts of assassination within that Kingdom and also kidnapping the East Moreland ambassador to Kaitaine. With this in mind I would like to ask you to publically allow my brother Prince Lennox to investigate the attempted theft of nuclear waste as well as the involvement in a shoot out in East Moreland which implicated Truthsayers. I believe that if my brother can publically demonstrate a distance between yourself and the incidents then I am in a position where I can persuade East Moreland to at best support the Bene Gesserit faith, while at worst end their intelligence sharing deal with the government of Kaitaine. I believe you would find even the worst result beneficial.

I am more than willing to meet with yourself to discuss the issue but firmly believe this is both a wise and neccessary course of action.

Gods Blessings
King Finley

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: A Prince Investigates
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:10:43 PM »

To:- His Majesty King Finley.

As always we appreciate your concern for our faith and its well-being. We have long pronounced our innocence in these issues and we believe that no matter what evidence we produce the Kingdom of East Moreland would be hard pushed to believe it. We do however trust your friendship with the Morelanders as being a route to proving our innocence to your ally. We therefore gratefully accept the offer of having your brother investigate the accusations levelled against us. I will order all members of the Sisterhood to co-operate with the Prince in his investigations and, as always, he is welcome at any Chapterhouse without needing to announce his intent to visit. My door shall remain open to him throughout this investigation and we are confident that he shall clear our name.

Shai Halud watch over you.

Reverened Mother
Erin McGregor

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 09:21:28 PM »

RESULTS OF INVESTIGATION
COPIES TO CHAPTERHOUSE CLAITH, KING FINLEY AND EAST MORELAND GOVERNMENT

Following a request to investigate the alleged terror attack on East Moreland's nuclear waste convoy by alleged members of the Truthsayers the Cenneg Military Police have reached the following conclusions.

1. The leadership of the Bene Gesserit had no knowledge of the attack.

Having been given access to the private e-mail and electronic devices utilised by Reverned Mother Erin McGregor as well as several other key individuals there is no evidence of any communication which discusses or authorises any serving member of the Truthsayers to carry out this operation. Furthermore while it is clear from these investigations that the Truthsayers have members present within many nations very few are given orders other than in a role that would best be described as "bodyguarding". It is clear that the Truthsayers are a well organised and disciplined group and in our view they are unlikely to carry out such an operation within orders from above. We are confident that these orders were not given.

2. Those carrying out the attacks were acting outside the remit of Truthsayer operations.

The Truthsayers are best described as being Light-Infantry. No training is given that would have been needed for such an operation as that carried out in East Moreland. It is our judgement that those who carried out the attacks had received training above and beyond that given to Truthsayers. Those who were killed on the scene were found to be in possession of Crystknife's which are a religious symbol of the Bene Gesserit however many of those who have graduated the Chapterhouse system carry them throughout their life regardless of the branch of the Sisterhood they enrolled in or whether they still serve the Sisterhood. It is therefore our belief that those carrying out the attacks may have been members of the Bene Gesserit sisterhood but had influences from outside the organisation.

3. The Bene Gesserit supported the perpetrators to hide.

We believe that there is some truth to this. No action that we have been able to find was taken by the leadership of the Sisterhood to assist the perpatrators to evade justice. We have however found information that several low ranking Truthsayers have supported the evasion of justice however we have been unable to ascertain these supporters identity. It is now our belief that the individual who undertook the planning for this operation is somewhere within Soviet Kaitaine. We have been able to identify through communications by younger Truthsayers that the likely perpatrator is a former graduate of the Cantabira Chapterhouse called Sarah Duggan. We have evidence of her communications with Nathanial Corrino, a former East Moreland Red Legionnaire known as James Gillespie who is known to have helped the perpetrators escape East Moreland custody before going AWOL and reappearing in what is now territory under the contol of the Bene Gesserit in Kaitaine.

Copies of the data acquired in these conclusions have been attached to this outline.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 10:28:55 PM »

To:- The Governments of Ui Cenneslaig and East Moreland

The Bene Gesserit Sisterhood repeats its condemnation of the acts carried out in East Moreland. We are pleased that our involvement with this incident has been disproven. Sarah Duggan was a Truthsayer employed as a close protection agent to the Corrino family until 2015. Since her employment was ended by the Sisterhood we have had no contact with her. It is our understanding that she may have infiltrated East Moreland and then when through his duties as a Red Legionnaire Nathanial Corrino came into contact with her his loyalty to the Sisterhood made him experience a rare lapse in judgement. Should Duggan come into our custody we shall hand her over to Cenneg officials.

We hope this means the Kingdom of East Moreland will now be willing to see the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood as a peaceful entity.

We thank the government of Ui Cenneslaig for undertaking this investigation.

Shai Halud Watch Over You

Erin McGregor
Reverned Mother of the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 06:16:46 PM »

Having reviewed the information sent by the Cenneg Military Police we believe that their findings can not be accepted as the truth regarding this incident.

In response to those findings we have the following to say.

1. While it is very likely the communications observed by the Cenneg Military Police showed no communication about the event it is important to note that at the time of the attack it was the final days of the former leadership of the Sisterhood. This was not a single person in charge but four, all of whom have since died. It was Hannah McKay who was the head of Chapterhouse in Claith deemed by many to have been the Reverned Mother in all but name. Our intelligence operations alongside Kaitaine's intelligence services indicate that McKay utilised a system of written communication and couriers and not electronic information. We have discovered several coded communications from McKay in Kaitaine. Therefore logs such as those stated are not an indication that McKay and the leadership of the Sisterhood at the time had no knowledge of the attacks.

2. We believe that in so far that the Truthsayers did not undertake the attacks the report may be correct. In our operations in Kaitaine we have intercepted several communications to operatives within the Sisterhood using the key-term Swordmaster. It is our belief this is a cadre of Truthsayers carrying out undercover operations. During our anti-terror operations we have indentified such a group were present within East Moreland at the time of the attacks. Sarah Duggan was one such individual as was Rebecca Cameron who we have identified as being present in Seitch at present. We therefore believe that saying the Truthsayers did not carry out the attacks when it appears the Swordmasters are part of this organisation would be akin to saying that when East Moreland utilise Red Legion it is not East Moreland acting.

3. We had identified Sarah Duggan as the ring leader however had not ascertained her name. We have connected the individual of Sarah Duggan to Rebecca Cameron. As Cameron and the traitor Gillespie are both in Seitch they are there under the protection of the Truthsayers. We believe there is every chance Duggan is also there. We have been able to confirm the prescence in Seitch of Cameron following interviews with the captured Holly Cathcart who was lifted during a convoy to Seitch from Segundas. She is being held by East Moreland intelligence as a witness to the Sisterhoods acts and will be held in accordance to the Militia's in the Uppsala Convention.

On these grounds we will not be changing our stance on the Bene Gesserit being a terrorist organisation.

Signed

Darren Bone
Minister of Defence