Author Topic: Odinist chat with Manists  (Read 1395 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Odinist chat with Manists
« on: May 31, 2020, 07:10:20 PM »

PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE EMPEROR

As no doubt you will be aware the Council of Albion have managed to provisionally secure talks between the various factions involved in the Merina Civil War. I understand that forces from your nation have been involved either directly or indirectly with government forces in this conflict. I understand that no real formal relationship exists between the Odinist Republic and your Empire however we have at times found ourselves singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak. We both supported the idea of Zimalian sovereignty against Rokkenjima and we both have supported various projects supporting the Zimalian people. I think then that despite our many differences we still both desire the best for people in the world. I am therefore writing to you to ask for your support with these talks between the government of Merina, the various factions against them and the nations of their continent, Albion. With that respect we have asked all sides as a gesture of goodwill to observe a ceasefire while talks are ongoing, with that in mind I would request that Tamoran forces engaged in any capacity in Merina cease their activities while talks are on going. I believe that by doing this we have the best opportunity to achieve a lasting and meaningful peace for the people of Merina. Your Majesty can be assured that the representatives of our Republic shall be doing their best to ensure that whatever agreement is reached it is one that supports the needs and the wishes of the Merinan people.

With Odin's Blessings

Stein Ulfsson
Head Gothi

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Odinist chat with Manists
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 03:49:20 PM »

Tamoran forces together with the government of Merina are actively engaged in fighting the terrorist elements in the country. Every effort is being made to see as soon as possible the government restore law and order to the areas that are now occupied by terrorist elements. As you can imagine Your Majesty's request of halting the operations of the Tamoran forces means endangering their lives in the future as the terrorist elements in the country will use the ceasefire to strengthen their defensive positions. Furthermore, every day that goes by with such a  ceasefire in place will prolong the suffering of the people that are now in the terrorist occupied zones.

As Your Majesty has said, there are no formal relations between our countries and in fact many of the Council of Albion countries have unilaterally decided to pursue an antagonist agenda against the Tamoran Empire. Under these circumstances Your Majesty can perhaps understand why there is little trust that the talks organized by the Council of Albion would ensure that the rights and interests of the government of Merina are respected. In fact I consider it a lack of courtesy to ask me for my troops to stand down and wait for the results of talks where we are not even invited to attend. It shows that Your Majesty's government has not taken into account the role Tamora plays in the efforts for peace in the region.

However, because the Prophet teaches us to show patience with those that wrong us, we shall stand down after 72 hours*. It is my hope that this sign of goodwill will be reciprocated by the Council of Albion by recognizing our efforts for peace in Merina and inviting us to the talks.

May God bless our peoples and help us bring peace and stability to Merina.

Abbas Safavid
Emperor of Tamora

*OOC: That deadline should be read to correspond with the deadline of the Merina government, so when they stop shooting, Tamora does the same.