Author Topic: Kusan to Achkaerin  (Read 865 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Kusan to Achkaerin
« on: January 22, 2024, 01:26:58 AM »

Considering Intentions

I must ask, ultimately, what are your intentions towards the nation of Kusan? Do you wish to obliterate us as the Rokkenjimans did in the war? Do you seek peace instead of the path they followed? What are the intentions of General Fuji toward the PDRK? Are you willing to educate the young Empress on the historic wrongs of Rokkenjima against the PDRK and advise her why memes are a poor response to Kussn in light of that history?

I am not an unreasonable woman; extend a branch upon which I may sit comfortably and I will consider it. Extend a branch that will lead me to sitting upon it only to fall into the waters below to drown and I shall recognize where your loyalties ultimately are. I look forward to your response.

General Secretary of the Worker's Party of Kusan

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Kusan to Achkaerin
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 08:45:21 PM »

One of the most common criticisms often expressed diplomatically by the Achkaerinese foreign office, ambassadors and even Government Ministers or leadership figures in respect of foreign nations is simply "You didn't do your homework", given the questions you are asking it would appear to apply to Kusan in this instance. The Foreign and Defence Policy Review 2017, a publicly accessible document that your foreign office or equivalent has access to, very clearly lays out the five circumstances under which Achkaerinese military intervention occurs:

Achkaerin has been attacked - this is self explanatory, an armed attack against Achkaerin will be responded to in a proportionate manner and we make clear that a nation has the right to self defence, if we are attacked we will strike back, we will eliminate the threat and we will make sure that those responsible face the consequences of their actions.

Achkaerin has been asked to step in - this would be comparable to action in Phuebra, we were asked to help stabilize the country by the democratically elected government. To be clear just because Achkaerin is asked to assist does not mean we will assist, any decision made in this respect is made having reviewed the evidence and in the case of Phuebra we saw a clear case of a religious fault line leading into a civil war with a coup taking place. Having seen that we determined that it was right to step in as requested.

Achkaerin is obligated by Treaty to intervene - this is straightforward as it covers stuff like mutual defence clauses so events such as the Seaforth Eugenics War and the War of the Enlightenment, under the CIS Charter we had an obligation to defend those nations and we did - this is the ground under which our presence in Kalasin falls.

There is an International Mandate for intervention - This would cover circumstances such as Marseilles and Uppsala, Achkaerin was not obligated by Treaty to commit to these efforts but did so following careful thought and deliberation of all the evidence and implications of such a commitment.

To not intervene would be abhorrent and or immoral - Simply put this is the Cult of Helus Genocide, when you have people being massacred because of skin colour, faith, sexual orientation or ethnicity even tribe identity it is not acceptable.

Had someone in your government taken the time to read that document, which I repeat is publicly accessible, they would have noted that Kusan presently fulfils none of the criteria therefore there should be no question of any aggressive intent on the part of General Fuji or the Achkaerinese military, the General is required as part of his responsibilities (as the Empress has made clear) to interpret and respond to actions that impact military operations that are ongoing under his command - the deployment of a foreign military force to an area bordering regions where units under his command are operating clearly is going to have an effect, which again your military leadership should have pointed out to you, if they did then you knew this was coming and you're raging about nothing, if they didn't then I question their competency.

Achkaerinese intentions towards Kusan presently do not carry any negatives though given that we have seen you openly invite a man that we regard as responsible for or party to acts of terror to a state event that is likely to change but as not as yet. It is not the responsibility of the Achkaerinese government to educate the Rokkenjiman Empress for the very clear and obvious reason that we do not determine Rokkenjiman policy, as Empress Serenity has pointed out the history was mentioned in the Covenant Address of 2006. Memes are a poor response, but I would also say that insults and name calling are equally poor responses. I would posit that childish antics are going to be responded to with childish antics and that reasonableness is going to be responded to with reasonableness, if Kusan wishes to engage on the wrongs of history then perhaps a more formal approach to the Rokkenjiman Government is required rather than berating them before they have the chance, I don't need to remind you that the current Rokkenjiman Empress hasn't been on the throne for a year and has spent most of that time dealing with the fallout left by her immediate predecessor.

However all this isn't one way, if you expect nations around Mundus to raise awareness then you must look at your own actions. The nation of East Moreland often uses the term "Deeds not words." Achkaerin's deeds are known and they are consistent from the first time to the most recent. Rokkenjima's may not be but you're not addressing a member of the Rokkenjiman leadership, given all the publicly available information at your disposal you know very well that there is no threat coming from our side of this. A full and public apology to General Fuji is expected and I strongly advise you to refrain from further inflammatory rhetoric as that has a tendency to get situations beyond the point of recovery, consider that the Mundus of 2024 is not the Mundus of 2004 and give people a chance before you condemn or dismiss them out of hand.

Signed

Cheryl Holmes
Minister for the Diplomatic Office

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 12:08:07 AM »

Considering Intentions

I appreciate the time taken in this explanation, however, there is absolutely zero chance for a public apology. This would be seen as weakness, and feigning weakness would ultimately place the end of my tenure and perhaps life at a fixated point on some future calendar. To feign weakness is not an option available to me; prior to being anointed as the successor to my father there was a widespread expectation that Ri Chŏng-jun would be the successor. In many ways I am a first and an anomaly in traditionally male-dominated Kusan and, if I were to be removed in some fashion or another, there wouldn't be Kusanese forces at the border now but Kusanese forces crossing the border. I love my brother, our personal relationship is strong, but if the Party gave him an avenue to power he'd most certainly take it even with my father's position that "the bastard would lead us into wars which would prove capable of overwhelming the PDRK." At this point, what you ask is simply impossible.

If conditions on the border are brought to a state of affairs in which I can justify withdrawing the Kusanese People's Army to pre-chaos levels I would naturally see that such orders are issued. If the Holy Empire concurred that international observers apart from those of the coalition were to be part of the process for normalization in Kalasin in observation of the looming elections it would give me something further to work with as well with the leadership of the PDRK. My name goes far, but it does not go so far as the name of a monarch; I have the Workers' Party of Kusan that has the power to remove me, and then you'd be dealing with one truly unfit for the responsibilities of leadership. You may thus find it necessary to utilize the subterfuge of the fox upon your flag if you truly wish to see progress in these circumstances, as my hands are essentially tied as to how I must respond to you and your cohorts publicly.

These are the facts of the board upon which we play, and I must fulfill the expectations levied upon me.

OOC: If it's not clear, this is entirely a private conversation.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 01:09:37 AM »

As has been previously stated this is not a one way street. If you expect Achkaerin to help you create certain circumstances for you to save face then you most certainly are going to have to give something in return and that is an apology to General Fuji. You have been provided with publicly available information that you should have considered prior to making a statement that maligns a good mans name, you do not get to do that unchallenged and you do not get to not say sorry when shown that you are wrong. Lack of apology does not give anything other publicly than a negative impression and regardless of any private suggestions gives no reason for Achkaerin to act in any way other than how it currently is. It is worth noting that over this entire affair you have insulted Empress Serenity's niece, someone she regards as a brother in Emperor Eijiro and a seasoned military officer and you're only been asked for an apology in regards to the one that you can apologise to, a woman of your intelligence should be more than able to recognise where you can show your strengths in that respect without showing weakness and where we have already provided you with the reasoning. Given your choice of words in relation to the Achkaerinese flag you are certainly more than capable of controlling the narrative on your side of the equation.

Cheryl Holmes

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 10:56:04 PM »

Considering Intentions

I will do what I must do, all I will require is that your forces move first from the border prior to KPA forces withdrawing to their normal protective presence. My deeds will be relayed by the KSBA shortly.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 10:28:18 PM »

At midnight on the 25th January 2024, the Achkaerinese military will conduct an orderly pull back of those units deployed to the border region, this will not constitute a total withdrawal from the region owing to military operations in progress prior to the deployment remaining ongoing - to put it bluntly we don't wish to see terrorists wanted for crimes in Kalasin hopping across a border into another state where the trail could easily be muddied or go cold. The pull back shall see our forces pull back to their previous positions. This is an order that has been issued in good faith, we will expect that no later than 48 hours after the order is implemented that Kusan forces will also withdraw to a respectable distance thus deescalating the situation. Should the Kusan pull back not occur then you are advised that the Achkaerinese forces will be issued orders to re-deploy back to the border region.

Cheryl Holmes

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 10:26:43 PM »

Rokkenjiman Attack

Allow me to state to at least someone that I never authorized the transit of nuclear materials from Kusan to any nation, body, or oragnisation. We already have the Rokkenjimans threatening an operation from which the looks of it involves an invasion of Kusan from what they've said. No person under the legitimate chain of command would have allowed this to happen, can you buy me some time here? If any Rokkenjimans enter our territory, airspace or otherwise, they'll be destroyed, as they must be, but I don't wish to see a new war with the Rokkenjimans. We're already preparing all our options for retaliation so please do what you can to impose on the Rokkenjimans this was not something Kusan did.

Beatrice Anselmo