Author Topic: Blast Off in Ardia  (Read 2291 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Blast Off in Ardia
« on: October 23, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »

To all nations of Ardia

Over the last few years our nation has begun taking a larger interest in space exploration, in that time we have started to think beyond our own orbits and have begun making small satellite launches and establishing networks of large observatories on Munuds, all these have been designed to help improve our knowledge of the galaxy. With this in mind our UC Science Academy (UCSA) has been working on a lander designed for Nergal for some time, in that process a "Mini Lander" has been built which they will now send to Luna. It is my hope that this mission will bring about a new age in my nations exploration of space. It is my understanding that many of our neighbours also have an interest in space exploration. With this being the case I would like to invite you all to be my guest as we launch our lander to Luna, it is my hope that this gathering and hopefully celebration of our first launch to the moon of Mundus can serve as a platform to discuss various other oppurtunities and begin building a network for space exploration that will see Ardian nations leading the way.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Regards

King Finley.

King Finley wasn't sure who was more excited him or his 11 year old son Keane, they'd both arrived at the Dalgan Air Force base that had seen its coastal firing range turned into a launch pad. It was only a short helicopter flight from Claith and his wife Queen Riona had complained that they would still see the rocket taking off from the estate on the edge of the capital. "It won't be the same though Mammy" Keane had argued already picturing in his mind the flames and smoke he'd capture in a picture for his school newspaper. It didn't take much to persuade Finley that it would be more fun watching the thing up close and so he'd agreed that his wife would stay at the palace and prepare for the after launch gathering while Finley and Keane would go to Dalgan, meet the representatives and watch the launch.

The young Prince was snapping away with is digital camera, he'd got involved with his High School's newspaper and was in truth a decent photographer, but his stories lacked real writing skill, it didn't really matter as he enjoyed the lunch time club with new friends. Teams of engineers swarmed over the rocket as it was being prepared, the tiny lander contained in its nose. It was three hours until launch and the sun was just beginning to dip in the sky, a launch in the dusk sky would be spectacular and Finley couldn't wait, he was so distracted watching the camera feeds of the close ups of the ant like scientists setting about their work that he almost missed the first arrival and it was only the sound of the aircraft taxiing to a halt that snapped his attention back to the moment and the main reason for inviting people here.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
Re: Blast Off in Ardia
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 01:42:03 AM »
"Appointed not even a month ago and already doing something big like this, how's it feel to be on top, Kang-Min?" Premier Shiina Musashi asked, rejoining her recently-elected Chair of Science Kang-Min Jang at the table; Lotus Team- the Premier's personal aircraft had begun its descent into Ui Cenneslaig. "Feels almost as nice as kicking the HSRU back into action. With Lotus Team now below the clouds, Kang-Min took the time to admire Ui Cenneslaig as it had presented itself. He imagined to himself all the things the HSRU could accomplish with some support around Ardia, too exciting he thought.

Kang-Min had quickly become a favourite in local media, being a Vesian immigrant meant being in a high government position was extremely uncommon, and being the first Vesian-Himeyan to ever become a Chair member had caused quite a lot of noise, the majority of it positive.

With Lotus Team safely on the ground, the pair quickly climbed down the steps to meet King Finley, Musashi carrying a potted plant with her. "We appreciate your invitation, Your Majesty." Shiina said, holding out the potted plant for Finley to examine. "This is a young ghost tree, native to Himeyama; in the fall its leaves turn white before falling off. We hope Your Majesty will come to appreciate them the same way we Himeyans do." she finished in a strangely refined tone; urging the King to take it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:50:49 AM by tama »
something funny or offensive here

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 05:20:25 PM »
Finley rather enjoyed the outdoors and despite knowing all of UC's fauna and flora he wasn't to familiar with the Ghost Tree. "Perhaps in a few years time you can come back to our estate and see the thing amongst our native trees." he shook the guests hand as he handed the pot off to one of his aides. His son Keane was taking photos like some kind of professional paparazzi all for his school project. "I'm thrilled you decieded to come, we've heard of some of your nations technological companies doing great things, perhaps if all goes well today we'll be able to build a kind of connection between us." The King directed them over to a area of seating where several people were settling in to watch the launch, some of them viewing some images taken by the nation new large telescopes over the last few weeks.

"Can I ask Madam Premier a few questions for the media" Keane had produced a notepad and pencil from his satchel.

"My son is encouraged to take a full part in his school, he's part of the Gaelic Football team and his latest project is as a bit of a news hound, his school newspaper has recently become very impressively getting stories from within the Palace." he grinned as his son sat down next to the Premier.

"Can I ask what people in Himeyama think of space exploration, and what could your nation bring to a joint UC and Himeyama project?" Keane's pencil hung at the ready.

"I'm sorry" Finley was laughing, "My son's a straight to the point reporter.....although I'm interested to know."

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »
"Oh, it's no trouble at all." Shiina said reassuringly to both of them, getting comfy in her seat. "I think there's a lot we can both gain from UC-Himeyan joint space projects; I know for a fact that Himeyan education puts a heavy emphasis on the sciences, and that many of our youth are genuinely interested in learning about the stars; the unfortunate fact of the matter is that my predecessor wasn't nearly as passionate about space exploration as I am, and left the Himeyan Stellar Research Unit in the dark for their term."

In the seat behind her, Kang-Min had been practicing his Gaelic while speaking with some of the locals, it was heavily accented, and there were certain sounds involved in the language that a native Himeyan speaker couldn't force themselves to make without extensive practice, though the locals seemed to have appreciated his attempts and helped him along.

"As for what our nation can contribute, not to brag, but I think we've quite a grasp on robotics and AI; something we're quite proud of as a nation. I believe our friends in Ahkabnil have so far handled most of the rocketry; but they couldn't do much in low orbit without our help. Also we've developed plenty of astronaut food." The premier said with a giggle. "Naturally, now that I'm in office and we're getting HSRU back onto its feet, we'd be absolutely thrilled to work with UC on space exploration."
something funny or offensive here