Author Topic: South Ardian Monarch Meetings (ATTN: Ui Ceinnselaig)  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
South Ardian Monarch Meetings (ATTN: Ui Ceinnselaig)
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:59:59 AM »

To King Finley;

Greetings! It would be of much honour for me to visit your nation for some diplomatic discussion. As far as our relations go, our only interactions are in the Trans-Ardian Partnership. I hope that we can expand our relations from there and strengthen our ties as the major nations in Southern Ardia. I wish that our relations will last many years.

Yours Truly,

King Lapu

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Re: South Ardian Monarch Meetings (ATTN: Ui Ceinnselaig)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »

To:- King Lapu

Our nation is always keen to host visitors, especially ones such as yourself. In Ui Cenneslaig we simply believe that strangers are just friends we have yet to meet so therefore I invite you to join me and my family for a weekend at our coastal house in Ferrydown. My family is spending the weekend there enjoying some local past times and it would be a joy to have you as our guest.

We look forward to meeting you.

King Finley

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 06:28:19 AM »
King Lapu and Minister of Defense Ronaldo Bato are preparing their documents for the meeting. Then, the King's phone rang, notifying him of a reply from Ui Cenneslaig. "Ready my personal yacht, we'll just ready ourselves there."

Three days later in their yacht, they arrived at the mansion. With their best attire on, they greeted the family. "Thank you for such a kind invitation. I look forward to today's meeting." He looked back to one of his servants and grabbed two bottles. "But before we start, I've got a couple of gifts. As per tradition, we shall give a bottle of cologne, made from a concoction of Quintelian herbs. Also, here's a bottle of whiskey for us during our talks. I hope this is of your liking."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 01:23:37 AM »
Finley had strode out to meet his guest, after all Celtic culture said  it was bad luck to let a stranger over your threshold, the simple way round that was therefore to meet them outside and so Finley, dressed in a casual green woollen jumper, heavy duty kilt and long stocks poking above military style combat boots hurried to meet him. "Whiskey is always grand, thank you" he said politely unsure exactly how the poor monarch from abroad hoped to compete with authentic Cenneg whiskey. "Please come inside, we'll get you set up. Adeen bring the King's bags." he yelled to his aide who was already organising that even before the King guided Lapu inside the house.

"Now we've put you in the Lakeview room, nice suite, good views of the lake. We've a 24 hour staff on, pick up the phone and straight away someone will be on the other end, that's whether you want to know where the extra toilet paper is, need the WiFi password or a banquet. Whatever you need they'll sort" he had ascended a flight of stairs and moved along the wood panelled corridor. A small key blackened because of age poked out a door, Finley pushed it open and then handed it to Lapu, "Come and go as you please" he dropped the key into his hand, "Adeen phoned your staff, got your clothing sizes, there is outdoor clothing suitable for our climate in the wardrobe, kilt too if you fancy it" Finley chuckled, "But don't feel obliged, for the weekend this is your home OK. Now have you ever been fly fishing?" Finley asked with a grin, "I'll see you back down stairs" the King left Lapu to sort himself out and sat on the steps to the house gutting some rabbits he'd caught the day before, two wolfhounds sniffed around hoping for a snack and Finley gladly threw them some of the innards that they merrily scoffed down.

Once Lapu arrived the King motioned to a little off road buggy, like a golf cart on wheels, he'd happily have walked but you couldn't be sure with guests, two more of the vehicles followed as the pair set off, one loaded with gear and the other security agents. "Now, I know we're here to discuss diplomatic stuff, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy the countryside either" They drove about 2km away from the house and then down a small path in the woods, a wide river flowing slowly opened up before them and the King parked on a small shingle beach, he hadn't even waited for Lapu to get out before he donned waders up to his chest and picked out a rod, "If you've never done it before then Simon there can give you a brief lesson." Finley was already knee deep in the water and heading deeper until it came up to his waist, he expertly threaded his bait with fingers that had done this so often it was muscle memory, with a speedy flick of his wrist the line flew out landing with a plop on the water, he jerked the rod while slowly wheeling it in hoping to attract a fish, it failed and so he cast again, and again. He spoke loudly so Lapu could hear him, "So guests go first what would you like to talk about first" Finley asked as he continued trying to lure a fish in.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 06:41:48 AM »
"Fly fishing, you say? I don't think I'll be needing the lessons, but my buddy Ronald here can use one." King Lapu replied, ordering to his aides to give the two leaders privacy. Meanwhile, Ronald walked off towards Simon, grabbing a rod and distancing themselves from the two kings. "So, what do you do around here? Are you a government official our just a servant here?" The Minister of Defense asked, trying to look important by even wearing the largest medal he brought on the right side of his chest. "Because you know, I'm the Minister of Defense back in my country. We've got the smartest and strongest men in Ardia, you know?" Throwing his line, it plopped a few feet from him, as the hook was left without any bait.

King Lapu threw his line out into the water, then reeling in back in quick successions. He did this for a few times, obviously not catching any fish. Trying to cover up his humiliation of not being able to even attract some fish, he responded to his fellow King. "I would like to thank you for giving us the chance to talk with you, especially in your own estate." He there the line father than his first few tries. "But if I could ask, is there any chance you'll support me if I try to join CNN?" Feeling a small tug on his rod, he began reeling in.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:52:14 PM »
Finley cursed as he got a bite but the fish swam off, meanwhile Simon looked like he was about to laugh at the foreign guests minister. "I'm the Head of the King's Security detail, we served together in the Pathfinders of the Royal Airborne Commando Regiment back in the day" he rolled his sleeve up to reveal the winged horse emblem of his former unit. He was forced to bite his tongue and simply ignored the man's statement and cast a rod only a short distance away, he flicked the rod back expertly winding in the line in quick time ensuring a splash of water got Ronald square in the face, "Oops" Simon said , "You should really get a worm on that" he motioned to the empty hook before launching his line again, this time it sailed effortlessly to a good distance up the river.

Finley meanwhile was back to casting, "I'm always happy to have an excuse to get out around the estate, even better when it means having special guests, so it should be me thanking you getting me out of meetings with Ministers, or worse opening a bloody hospital or something" he chuckled as he began reeling his line in as a fish fought against him, he could tell it wasn't very big as its efforts hardly taxed him. "As for the CNN the issue is simple, we have four, soon to be five member nations, to gain admission you need three to support your bid. I'm sorry as things stand I can't see you getting in, I mean if I've just voted against Somerset and their a fellow Celtic nation, our kin if you will, then I can't be seen to support the bid of a nation we have no formal ties with. That is however as things stand at the moment, I'd be happy to explore ways of our nations coming closer together during your stay, but then you need to think what formal ties do you share with the Morelanders, cos where the Morelanders go traditionally the Queen of Lodja has followed, but maybe this new Queen may change that. The Maori are a nation of fiercely traditional people, they'll not easily offer friendship unless you've worked for it. The CNN didn't grow out of a need, it grew out of a friendship between the four monarchs forged through Viktoria and David, four monarchs, a love of rugby and a love of nations co-operating for a bigger purpose ensured the CNN existed. So where do you stand with the other members?" Finley asked Lapu as he examined a small salmon. "Just a nipper" he removed the hook and held the fish gently in the water gradually loosening his grip until it swam off with a splash of its tail wetting the King's chest. "Guess I deserved that." he rebaited his line and cast once more.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 04:11:16 PM »
"Ah, so you're a tough guy here huh?" Ronald taunted Simon, as he was finally placing bait on the hook. "I see that you have guts as I do notice that you've intentionally splashed me." He threw his line towards the river, he flicked it back only to see nothing. He put more bait on his hook and repeated, only to see no fish on the hook. "So, how do you properly do this?" He asked as he moved closer to Simon.

King Lapu reeled in, and with it was a small trout. "Huh, I guess my luck has started as well." He did what his fellow King did, released the fish. "Anyways, yeah. I get what you mean, but of course, I stand with your fifth member, the Ecclesiastical State and if course, The Young Pope. ES is truly a great ally and, of course Pope is also a nice guy, though he may be volatile at times." He threw his line and it splashed a few meters away from where Simon and Ronald were. "Though I must say, I missed going out for a relaxing rest. I mean, it's been seven years side the last time I caught a fish. Like you said, meeting with Ministers is something tiring." The King's line tugged only to reel in nothing. "What do you say, after fishing we test each other's whiskey?" Putting more bait on the hook, he threw his line away.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 10:35:43 PM »
Simon spent the next few minutes giving Ronald a lesson in how to fly fish finishing with the explanation, "It takes minutes to teach the technique, but years to master the art."

Meanwhile King Finley was speaking with Lapu, his counterpart from Quintelia, truth be known he had meet the Pope before and found the man a little odd, but then again he did everyone who was deeply religious. He was a spiritual man himself but it didn't rule his life, and his morals certainly weren't taken from any religious text. The King noticed how this monarch only spoke of one fifth of the membership of the CNN, and that one a probationary member. He wondered what kind of man would expect foreign soldiers to potentially come, unconditionally, to the aid of his people without any bond between them. "Meetings are however a neccesity we're born into" Finley said as he continued to fish. "We'll have an hour at this and then head back" he announced as he turned the conversation to more mundane things.

As the hour ticked by they gathered up the fish they'd caught and Simon hefted the bag containing the beautifully fresh caught fish and the group headed back to the house. "They'll be a chance to freshen up and then we'll head out for a few hours, dress comfortably but we'll be in doors" the King added as he disappeared for a quick shower and change. He reappeared in the lounge twenty minutes later, a rough kilt on above black boots, a white shirt with blue stitching making a grid pattern, and above it a rough wool green sweater. He waited for Lapu and then lead him outside to where a Landrover was waiting, the King got in himself and two similar vehicles took up position in front and behind. "This beast may be old" he said patting the dashboard of the fading green vehicle, "But nothing better for lambing season" Finley said proudly as they headed out the estate gate and onto the country road. They drove for about twenty minutes beside the fresh water Loch before turning into a car park.

A red stone building, no bigger than a small single story house was all that was visible, as Finley exited a man wearing a pair of jeans and a red t-shirt approached, the man looked no more than 30 years old. "Gramps sends his regards Your Majesty" the man smiled as he extended a hand, "Had one of his funny turns again." the boy man grimmaced slightly, "Dad's away in Cantabria" he added as he was introduced to King Lapu.

"This here is Damion McArthur, heir to one of the largest distillaries in Ui Cenneslaig, been in business what 200 years?" Finley left it as a question.

"304" Damion smiled as he lead the King into the building, it was essentially a small shop but in the corner was some kind of cage like structure, Damion opened it and waited for both men to step inside, once they had done so he hit a button and the contraption descended through the floor for what must have been two floor depth before a brightly lit series of rooms came into view. "This is the distillary, carved out of a old tin mine in the 1700's" he said proudly, "Great, great, great, ect, grand-dad McArthur believed the water through these rocks would be a superb quality, and we've the Loch too, loads of fresh peat and heather to use. They walked down a long corridor, hundreds of barrels either side, "We use a wide variety of barrels, some oak, some cedar, old port barrels, old brandy ones" he tapped a particularly hefty looking one, "That'll be opened in 30 years from now" he smiled as he produced a key and unlocked a door. "Your Majesties" he stepped aside and Finley held the door for Lapu to step in.

A room about five meters across, ten meters high and ten long in the centre was surronded by barrels, each marked with a tag. "The Royal Reserve" Finley said proudly, "My family have had the McArthurs distilling special stuff for us here for as long as the place has been opened, he picked up one tag and looked, "This one was laid down in 1973, the year of my birth" he picked up the barrel, no bigger than a rugby ball and placed it on the ground, he made his way to a chest stored at the side of the door, removed three linen wrapped tumblers and proceeded to carefully tap the barrel, he poured each of them a dram. "Its tradition here when every royal is born they get twenty barrels laid down for them, here is mine, my brothers, my two sisters, and my son's" he tapped each of them. "We then get things made on special occasions, such as when I married, when I was coronated, we even have....." he looked at the label carefully blowing some dust from it. "This one is from when my great-grandfather was married" he smiled, "That'll be close to what....100 years old. You want to try it?" he asked Lapu, "Damion, any chance of some cheese and meats while we have a few glasses" with that the owner disappeared off to get some snacks. "So, what can we do to start helping you en route to a CNN application?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 04:10:55 AM »
"Why of course, if you insist, though I think it's something important to you." King Lapu replied, holding out his glasses for it to be filled up. "Also, Damion, I invite you to open a distillery like thisin Quintelia, as I see you having a large market there." He looked back at King Finley as he started. "Anyways, how about starting official relations by signing treaties." He took a sheet of paper from his knapsack and gave it to his fellow king. The treaty read:

Spoiler: show
Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Kingdom of Quintelia and the Kingdom of Ui Cenneslaig

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 100 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section III - Defence and Security

(10) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(11) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(12) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(13) The parties shall take part in an annual naval, aerial, and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(14) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(15) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat.

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of _________

(17) There shall be an annual cultural exchange between the two nations.

Section V - Miscellaneous

(18) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(19) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed:
For the Kingdom of Ui Cenneslaig, _____________
For the Kingdom of Quintelia, King Lapu

"I know I might be a little too fast, and I'm sorry for that, but hear me out." He took a sip of the century-old liquor from his glass and continued. "So far, Quintelia mostly exports food products, raw materials, plastics, and to some extent, oil." He then proceeded to clear his throat. "Wow, this bottle is kicking a punch. Anyways, does it look good or do you want to change something there? Also, Ronald here would also- Wait, where's Ron?"

"So Simon, aside for being a head of security and de facto right hand man of the King, what else do you do around here?" Ronald asked, grabbing a bottle of whiskey from the cellar. "So, what do you recommend me getting here while our kinds talk?"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:25:59 AM by General Jaws »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 10:10:19 PM »
Finley leaned back on his chair as he took the document from Lapu. Meanwhile Damion spoke to the visiting King, "We'd be interested of course, but it wouldn't be anything like this, your water, the climate, everything will be very different but doesn't mean we can't bring whiskey production to your nation, it'll be a new market for us so we'll look into it. Thank you Your Majesty" the man topped up the drinks feeling rather cheerful.

Finley had by now read the document, "Clause 2 needs to come out, if your ambassador can't get his backside into my office within 24 hours then he needs to sort his life out. Frankly I have better things to do in my life than hang around waiting for some visiting diplomat to turn up at my office. There is also not a chance of a mutual defence clause, we don't really know you, I certainly am not about to send people like my brother into harms way for a nation with no track record of being our close friend, sorry but thats just the facts. Again I am not giving your navy access to our territorial waters by simply sending written notice, our two nations do not share spheres of influence and therefore I see no reason why I would need to move a Navy within 12nm of your nation on a regular enough basis to make it worth giving away this access. So what are your thoughts?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 09:05:23 AM »
"Well. of course, I can drop the 12 hour extension." King Lapu replied. "Though about the mutual defense, we could maybe have a small military exercise together, whenever it fits you well, of course." King Lapu continued, while he continued to sip whiskey. "Plus, that's why I'm here, to gain your trust, to change your mind, your majesty."

"Thank you, Sir Damion, I'm sure you can make liquor with great quality in Quintelia." Lapu said to Damion. "Though I would also like to purchase a few barrels made from here."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:22:36 AM by General Jaws »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:44 PM »
"With respect" Finley began, "Our nation currently provides a garrison in Royal Seleucid to guarentee the safety of the Cult of Helus followers there, the prescence of our troops in the Celtic Protectorate being all that stopped East Moreland reducing them back to the stone age. We also have troops helping rebuild Scordisci which became part of our nation just over a year ago. We have commitments now to support Seaforth and then we have our CNN exercises, that is rather a lot to take on. We've seen many nations with little contact with each other agreeing to military exercises, their expensive and reduce abilities to respond to actual situations. Therefore while we find them useful I don't think at present we can commit to many more. If we have an officer exchange that would be more managable."

Damion then took over, "We'd happily try setting up distillaries but the issue is you're looking a good five years before we produce anything. Add to that you don't have the Lochs and glens we have here so essentially what we make will be completly different. That's not a bad thing but just means the place wouldn't make the stuff we're famous for. As for selling you our products we're happy to sell you as much as you want." The master distiller said proudly.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 03:05:55 AM »
“Ok, I’m with you here. That is more manageable.” King Lapu replied, though his forehead was visibly wrinkled with the reference to the White League Military Exercise, in which Quintelia was part of. “I mean, my troops are a but busy in Phuebra and in a joint military exercise so, fair enough. Just say the time and place and we’ll come.” The King continued as he sipped his drink. “Also is there any chance for us to launch a few staellites here? I mean a future meeting with the people responsible for it but I’m asking ahead of time as to weigh in our options.”

“I’m sure that those five years would be worth it, as I will be personally subsidizing the distillery that you’re going to build in Quintelia. Finally a competition for the Dizon distilleries that produces subpar products.” He turned to Damion as to solve the problem with alcohol. “The quality may not be like the ones you make here but hey, At least the ‘locally made’ liquor would have a better taste thanks to a McArthur distillery in Quintelia.” He continued to drink the offered beverage. “And as for your products, how about t liters of whiskey that has been aged for at least two decades? That should be enough for a year hahaha.”

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »
"The nations space programme has an excellent record of international co-operation, we've started dealings with Heyra, had some joint developments with the Morelanders and have some future plans in mind. For example we're looking at building a chain of Observatories across Mundus. Should you grant us say one square kilometer of land and permit us to build the telescope there and staff it we would permit two satellites to launched for free next time we undertake launches of our own." The King offered an oppurtunity to his guest. "We'll also obviously permit the scientists from your nation access to the telescope so hopefully they'll get some experience too."

Meanwhile Damion was happy with his own little deal. "Well we can give it a go for sure.  As for you taking some stuff back home I'm sure we can ensure you get anything you need."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 06:13:23 AM »
“Since you’re giving us two free launch passes, then I think it’s fair for me to offer the land for free.” King Lapu replied. “There are a few places where an observatory can be built. There’s a sweet spot in the Dagohoy mountain range where the high elevation is advantageous as it’s higher  and civilization is far away enough to not interfere with it’s bright lights, but near enough for essential services to reach the place. The Science Ministry has been planning to develop it for years but we have other problems to worry about so we never got around on building anything except for an undermaintaimed road. As you said, the 1km2 around the observatory would be granted as soon as possible.” The king continued as he put his glass down. “Though I must ask, when will your next planned launch happen?”

The King turned to Damion. “That is nice to hear. I’ll have 3 liters of whiskey that have been aged for at least a decade and 2 liters of scotch that have been aged for at least two decades. I’ll just contact you whenever I need my alcohol fix.” His eyes scanned the room for looking for what he would like. “Speaking of which, how will I contact you? I don’t have any money or cheques with me right now, so yeah, there’s that.”

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
"We can handle minor launches with relative short notice, three weeks and we can launch pretty much standard size payloads. Anything more specific and obviously we need a schedule far in advance" Finley explained as best he could based on what he remembered from his trips to visit the space centre. Our next big mission is a technology demonstrator, the Deep Space Atomic Clock. That should be launched at the end of August." He had very little idea what the hell the DSAC did but it sounded damn impressive and so he was excited.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 05:45:36 PM »
“Hmm, as far as I know, the satellites will be finished this November or December.” The King replied, not caring about the Atomic Coock thingy his fellow king was talking about. “Now, I’ve had edited the treaty here in my phone and you could sign on this signiture pad if you agree on all of them. Also, if you can give me an e-mail address to some of your officials that are responsible for space programs, that would be delightful.”

Spoiler: Edited Treaty • show

Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Kingdom of Quintelia and the Kingdom of Ui Cenneslaig

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(3) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(4) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(b) Has a return ticket
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(5) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(6) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(7) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(8) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(9) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(10) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of _________

(11) There shall be an annual cultural exchange between the two nations.

(12) Quintelia shall give a 1km2 area of land to Ui Cenneslaig for the construction of an observatory in exchange for two free satellite launched

(13) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(14) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed:

“Is there anything I missed?”
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:20:02 PM by Major Jaws »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 09:10:11 PM »
It wasn't the place the King expected to negotiate a treaty but he could think of worse places than the tasting room of a distillery. He took the draft treaty and began to read.

"It reads fine to me, however I believe we need a slight change to the defence section. "With the exception of other existing mandates." makes it read like we are permitted to ignore this clause if it gets in the way of say something the CMA mandates. Surely if say yourself and Lodja came to blows we would be stuck in the middle working for peace, where as that sentence means we wouldn't have to and would just automatically take action with Lodja. While the CNN puts us in the need to undertake to support Lodja if attacked it does not require us to support their military action in other circumstances. I believe a true treaty of friendship would see us work towards peace even if a situation like that occurred."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »
"So, I guess you're free to change it." King Lapu replied, sipping more whiskey. "Then we can officially implement this treaty and we can down another bottle of whiskey like some mad gentleman. You with me here?"

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »
Quote from: Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Kingdom of Quintelia and the Kingdom of Ui Cenneslaig

Section I - Diplomacy

(2) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(3) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(4) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(b) Has a return ticket

(5) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(6) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(7) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(8) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(9) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers.

(10) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of _________

(11) There shall be an annual cultural exchange between the two nations.

(12) Quintelia shall give a 1km2 area of land to Ui Cenneslaig for the construction of an observatory in exchange for two free satellite launched

(13) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(14) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed:

"Well I believe then we should get another bottle out, maybe some bread and cheese, any chance of some salted beef?" he asked to owner of the distillery. "I would be happy to sign this.....Treaty of the Whiskey Barrels" Finley chuckled as he handed the document over to his guest.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2018, 02:10:53 PM »
"If that's the official name you'd like, then I'm on board with it." King Lapu joined King Finley i his joy. "The treaty between Quintelia and Ui Cenneslaig shall be officially named the Treaty of Whiskey Barrels!" He exclaimed with enjoyment. "And speaking of whiskey, can I also have another celebratory bottle?" He looked at the now signed treaty and saw a blank space in Section IV Article 10. "What sport would you like for us to have us play yearly?" Lapu asked, taking out a pen from his pocket.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:18:31 PM by Major Jaws »

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 11:40:21 AM »
Finley would normally have jumped at saying Gaelic Football but that was clearly to be too one sided and while he would have loved to see the sport spread he knew Quintelia would mean that just wasn't possible. "Perhaps we should include a series of horse racing?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 03:42:50 PM »
"Well, that's a nice choice of you, as horse racing is still the second largest gambling sport after cockfighting." King Lapu replied, writing the said sport on the remaining blank on the treaty. "I think that does it, that finishes our Whiskey Barrels Treaty. It was a pleasure meeting you, your majesty, and you too Damion." He extended his hands to be shaken.