Author Topic: No longer a Child - Coronation of Orion the First  (Read 8703 times)

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
No longer a Child - Coronation of Orion the First
« on: November 11, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »

The Streets of Neu Uburzis where busy with people erecting small Stalls at every corner, Garlands and flowers decorating the homes. The Police was securing the streets and funneled traffic towards evasion routes, the Military ensuring the Security of Guests and Participants alike.

At the heart of the City, Erik stood in front of the former City Cathedral, wearing a the Uburzian traditional Men clothing of a Toga over Shirt instead of his Order's regalia on personal request from Orion. Marveling the building that was once erect on his Orders height of Power, the Gothic Sanctum now stood as a testimony to the Empires principles. Never burned or looted, they simply changed it's use as Christianity had lost favor with the crowd, and it humbled Eric to be reminded how careful the Empire had kept their Memory preserved, when they themselves had failed.

Robert of Niameck meanwhile had already taken his Seat in the Cathedral's front row, where the close family was to be seated along the two Honorary guests. Behind him on the right side of the Seats where reserved for international Guests, while on the left Uburzians' would be seated. Robert marveled the colors painted at this early morning from the rosette window, thanking the Divine he got excepted from participating in the Procession.

At the other side of the City, the mob started Gathering around the Renaissance rebuild of an ancient Bathhouse.

Timoti and Jocelyn had been given Marble seats inside the Bathhouse' Frigidarium, next to Albrecht, Kurt and Adelheid. On the other side of the basin, several young children where seated, squabbling in hushed voices before a stern glare from Kurt silenced them up.

"Since you made us all one Family, we had decided you should be considered Family for this Ritual as well, Kauri Timoti. Only Close Family Members, and one Invited Friend are allowed in here aside from the Priesthoods." Kurt Mentioned, shifting his Wheelchair in a comfortable parking position, while Adelheid spoke up: "Those over there are all Orion's Nephews and Nieces. Basically the twerps are the next in line after him right now."
Albrecht cut both of them short: "Here they come."

From the Tepidarium Curtain, several priests and priestesses in different colors lined up aside the large Basin, with Kurt whispering to their guests:
"Each of them is a cult High Priest, unlike other Nations, our Religion is rather loose. We revere aspects of the Divine, basically a De-Personified polytheism. We have Cults of Nature, Death, Love, but also Bravery and whatever else has Gathered enough people to form a small Church. Most of them share Temples, and re-purposed Churches." Albrecht hissed again, shutting Kurt up, while footsteps echoed through the hall, ascending the staircase leading up their current room.
A moment of silence, only broken by the shifting noise from one of the Kids, before Orion stepped through the Curtain. Dripping wet already from the Hot Bath he went through, he clenched his fists and closes his eyes, as he walked slowly into the Basin filled with cold, fresh Mountain Spring water. Taking several steps inside until he reached the Baths central spring, a marble Fountain in form of a Fish. Standing below the Water stream he gave a small nod to his family, before folding his hands. Praying under the Stream of water, as Adelheid whispered to their guests: "Our first Emperor did this as well, just her still prayed to the Christian god." Resulting in a very ungentle Elbow to her side from Albrecht.
Orion then walked out of the Basin again, clearly shivering though trying hard not to show, as he pointed towards two Priests. The others took a step back, while a Green Robed one and a Yellow Robed Priestess handed him a Towel to dry and his Silk Coronation Tunic.

"Bravery and Hospitality. Good Choice." Albrecht finally said, before standing up and giving Orion a hug: "Well done."
Orion turned to his Guests, while slipping into a Pair of Sandals: "If you don't mind, i'd invite you into my Carriage together with Albrecht while we are Brought to the City Temple."

Outside the Bathhouse, a military Honor guard was awaiting them. Two Seats in Orions Carriage reserved for Jocelyn and Timoti, a second Carriage waiting for the other close Royal family, aside from the Kids which had to travel in Secret.

The foreign Dignitaries had been given a choice to either have their own Carriage for the Procession, or arrive directly via Car at the City Temple. Either way the press was preparing to film the Red Carpet and the Procession, where first the Dignitaries would arrive and Enter, the Emperor waiting for everyone else to have taken their seats.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: No longer a Child - Coronation of Orion the First
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »
Jocelin was a little nervous, she'd become accustomed to accompanying the King to various functions but this one was different, a grand coronation and invited in her own right. David had of course flown over with her fresh from his own taxing stay in Lodja trying to help them deal with the fall out from the death of Queen Viktoriya, he still felt saddened at the loss of such a fine young Queen but today wasn't the time to mourn, it would be a great day in Orions life and he felt that he had to be cheerful and help celebrate it.

The two Morelanders had travelled from the airport to the nations embassy within the capital where they had got ready, the King had considered wearing his military uniform but he felt a foreign military prescence at such an event may not be appropriate, beside it was now 18 months since his official retirement from the military and it somehow felt a sham. He had instead opted for wearing a smart grey three piece suit, a red tie with grey pinstripes, his regimental one his only connection to his military past. Like all Morelanders at formal occasions his straight cavalry sword hung on his left hip. He waited patiently chatting with the ambassador over a nice glass of whiskey while he waited for Jocelin. The feint tap of a slim rapier sword hitting a door frame alerted them to the approaching Jocelin, a pale orange dress with a simple leather belt for her sword was completed with her hair pinned up with silver wire. The King stood as she entered the room, "you look stunning" the King said admirably.

The pair made their way outside where two cars waited, one to take Jocelin to meet with the Emperor to be and the other to whisk the King to the Temple. David arrived and made his way inside checking his suit before taking a seat in the second row behind where he had been told Jocelin would be seated.

In the bath-house Jocelin sat marvelling at the scenes around her, it was almost like stepping back in time and the artistic part of her character began trying to make a mental record of everything around her. She was fascinated by classical art, there was something elegant and smooth about it, images that were easy on the eye. She watched each part of this seemingly pre-ceremony in silence apart from when someone spoke to her. As they made their way to the carriage Jocelin fell into step beside Orion, "Well future Emperor" she smiled, "I'd like to thank you for this honour, its been an interesting experience so far" She waited until they were sat down before speaking again, "Perhaps once crowned you'd do me the honour of letting me be the first to paint a royal portrait" she asked while they travelled.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:55:38 PM »
King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig was rather glad to be away, his six month pregnant wife was constantly badgering him and he'd run out of excuses to be away from home. He'd even organised a short tour for his son's Gaelic Football team that meant he had four days away with the boys watching and coaching. Now he was glad to be on his way to Neu Uburzis, a nation he'd enjoyed visiting for the pre-coronation dinner and had a rather lovely time. This time however he'd managed to persuade his little sister Queen Cait of Cantabria to accompany him. Her husband King Dwyn of Cantabria had been ill of late following a car crash and infection in hospital but was now back in charge of his Kingdom, meaning Cait was looking forward to her free time returning.

The pair had dressed traditionally, Finley in the family tartan, short jacket and long socks, his dirk tucked in his sock and a flask of whiskey in his sporran as standard. Cait meanwhile was wearing the tartan dress of Cantabria but a sash of pale blue with the Ó Séaghdha coat of arms a nod to her ancestoral home of Ui Cenneslaig. The pair strolled into the Temple arm in arm and Finley's eyes darted around for somewhere to sit. He spotted King David and recognising a friend headed over taking a seat one away, allowing his sister to sit next to him. "David, grand to see you" Finley shook his royal colleagues hand warmly as he sat down. "This is my sister Cait."

"Lovely to finally meet you Your Majesty" Cait replied as she took the seat between the two Kings. "My brother has told me a lot about you."

While Cait began some small talk Finley looked around for anyone else he knew, seeing no one he took the flask from his sporran, took a quick swig and passed it to the Morelander while they waited.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
The Young Pope, Peter II, in his finest attire, couldn't have simply missed this perfect opportunity to not only improve relations with the Neu Uburzis people and lighten up the young Emperor's day but also the fact that he could meet the very King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig besides King David of East Moreland. He arrived in the city temple with a company of Guardians of St. Peter's throne, known to be among the finest body guards you could ever have under your employment, fiercely loyal and dedicated until the very end, trained in some of the most lethal martial arts and shooting, they were a force to be a reckoned with indeed, even a small section of them constituted as ES' prime special forces, known as the Guardians of St. Paul.

As TYP entered the Temple, he had no difficult spotting his other guests a few seats away and made his way over there with enthusiasm and joy. "Evening gentlemen and lady, isn't it a mighty fine time this year around? We got ourselves a new Emperor of NU to be crowned; so how's it going y'all three?" TYP proceeded to make some small chat while waiting for the ceremony to start and noticed the Celtic monarch's flask...was it whiskey perhaps? TYP was thirsty after all. "Would you mind if I could try a lil'? I've been longing for some smoke but figured it wouldn't be nice to suddenly leave hehe."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »
Kauri Timoti was rather nervous, it was the first time he'd ventured outside of his nation and his King had permitted him to travel without any royal oversight, infact he'd dined with King Piripi the evening before departing and the King had been very clear, "These people are of your Iwi, it is right that you're the man to see this Orion become Emperor and represent our nation. I believe you are capable of great things, I have no fear." That was all easy to say but even leaving the aircraft had been a shock.

The weather in Neu Uburzis was not what he had expected and wearing traditional attire of a pair of shorts made from various flaxes, over the top was a grass and reed skirt tied with a belt of deer skin. His feet where bare, after all 16 years of running through the woods and playing fields of baked soil in bare feet had hardened them to a leathery surface of their own. His chest was bare showing the beginnings of strong muscles, at 16 he was yet to fully develop the figure of a man but it was clear the tall youth would one day become as muscular as many of the Maori were. He had his Chieftan's cloak wrapped around him, some protection from the weather and thankfully made of beaver fur meant he stayed dry in the bath house, a place unlike anything they had back home. His people had ceremonial washes in lakes and rivers of course but didn't build anything as grand as this. He had arrived with two of his cousins, both members of the nations Marines, they too were dressed in traditional attire but their cloaks pattened in the green and black of their unit. They had made their way to the Temple, another cultural shock to them, praying inside just wasn't normal, the Gods didn't create great stone buildings, they created nature and to be amongst nature was to be among the Gods. They each carried their ceremonial spears made of whale bone, and while ancient in design they where kept battle ready and would be fearsome if called upon. Unsure whether they were permitted inside they had taken to standing outside waiting their Chiefs arrival.

As Orion emerged Kauri sat and listened to the conversation, Jocelin was much older than him and in his eyes that meant more experienced in these things and so he was willing to just go along with the event. "I must ask" Kauri eventually spoke up, "What do the other Priests represent?"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 10:59:42 PM »
"Now hold still" Prince Simon Azurewind said as the Achkaerinese jet came to a halt, he was wearing a suit consisting of black trousers, a black shirt, red tie and a black jacket and was busy pinning a poppy to his daughter Lamia's silver dress, Lamia was one of his two identical twin daughters of almost five years of age, the other twin Aeolia was standing next to Lamia wearing dark blue, once Simon had finished sorting Lamia's poppy out he turned his attention to Aeolia, looking up as his wife Lydia, wearing a red and gold dress walked through from the back of the jet affixing her own poppy to her dress.

"Been a while since it was just us like this hasn't it?" Lydia asked brushing at her hair, it was rare for them to get away as a family.
"Yeah." Simon said as he fixed his own poppy "Shall we go?"
"Let's do it." Lydia said "Now remember girls have fun but no practical jokes like at your uncle Isaac's coronation."
"Yes Mum." both girls chanted.

Once they were approaching the Temple Simon glanced at his watch
"It's Memorial Day so we attend this coronation do a bit of socializing afterwards and then we have to get back home for the festival this evening." Simon said
"Anyone we know?" Lydia asked as they stepped inside the temple.
"Yep." Simon said he'd spied King David and King Finley
"Not a bad crowd." Lydia said "Even got the Pope."
"Don't even think about it." Simon said noticing the look in his daughter's eyes, they made their way over "Good morning gentlemen, this is most hectic I've ever known my schedule to be but it's worth it to welcome a new monarch. I believe at least King David knows my wife Lydia and my daughters Aeolia and Lamia."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:20:28 AM »
Turning towards Jocelin, Orion exhaled slowly as he put on his bravest forced smile to the people outside, cheering on the passing carriage:

"I'd be happy if you would be painting me. Maybe we even find the time to show you my Atelier. I sadly wasn't able to show you yet."

As they turned around a more Quite Part along the River Niam, nervousness and anxiety had slipped into his Posture. He was constantly looking left and right out of the window, fiddling with his hands restless, before answering Timoti's question:

"We had already previously picked some of the Cults, there wouldn't have been enough space for all of them. There where the very classic Themes of Fire, water, Wind and Earth among them. Also Light and Darkness, accompanied by Death, Sacrifice, Love, Knowledge, Time. And the two i picked, Hospitality and Bravery." He leaned back, pulling his legs up to his seat as he gazed out of the carriage for another short lived quiet moment:

"The later two will now lead the ceremony in the Temple, that was the point of me picking them. It is a statement by the new Emperor to the Nation, what he intends to send as a message to his People. It is my Message to them."

-----------------------------------------

The press had been broadcasting short summaries of whom was attending whenever a new Person arrived at the Temple, and the crowds int he Streets at public Gatherings had cheered whenever a new guest arrived so far.
Robert had grunted slightly as his Peace was getting disturbed by the beginning of Arrivals, slowly turning around as he faced the Guests:

"It is good to see so many Nations return, and even some Familiar Faces" he muttered, before adding: "Your Majesties. The rest of the Royal family will arrive shortly ahead of the Emperor."

He just raised a small Eyebrow over the Whiskey but did not mention it: "And Hello to the Young Ladies as well, you have quite the schedule ahead of yourselves, haven't you? And that at such young age." Smiling warmly, Robert turned to the Parents: "It is sad the dates had to clash so inconveniently, we had to push the coronation to the first date possible, it being the day of Orion's thirteenth Birthday. It's a stretch anyway, we just can pray to the Divine that he is ready for the burden we place on his shoulders."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 07:41:22 PM »
Anfisa had not expected to have been asked to step into this diplomatic breach however with the Queen's death leaving the nation with virtually no functioning government there was no one really in a position to come, however Lord Besarian realised it was probably important to make an appearence, especially after Viktoriya had attended the pre-coronation dinner. As such the call to her Ui Cenneslaig office had dispatched her to the North of Aranye to be her nations representative. Technically she was a Princess, as were all the children and siblings of a former Queen for five generations, and her grandmother Queen Sonja had certainly helped create lots of Princesses having birthed three daughters and having six great-grandaughters, Anfisa among them.

She had selected a traditional royal garment, the floor length high necked dress similar to that all Queen's wore, but while theirs was dark blue with gold thread her own was red with silver thread, the traditional colours of her rank. She wore a small thin silver wire crown and entered the temple as quietly as she could, after all unlike the others here her royal rank was a mere tradition and not one carrying real power. She manouved her way towards the seat she'd been assigned pretty sure many wouldn't recognise her, except the CNN nations to whom she was Lodjain's ambassador at the HQ.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:12 AM »
Hugo Lascelles had at first considered not coming, after all this nation was not one of God, however he was reminded that their were Christians here and that they faced hardship, it was therefore his duty to attend and use what little influence he could to support them. He remembered a man by the name of Erik who had attended their recent celebration and knew the troubles his Order faced. As the diplomatic car pulled up Hugo began to shake his head, a beautiful Cathedral a house of God turned into some kind of pagan temple. He wondered what misfortune had brought this change about and why the Knights of the Order of Mountjoy had let it go unchallenged, but those things were now in the past and as such it was his mission to face the future.
He straightened his kilt and enquired about whether he could take his dirk inside, the small stone bladed dagger Celts carried in their sock, having complied with the advice he made his way inside, crossing himself as he did towards where he imagined a crucifix had once stood. He spotted the groups of various dignatries down at the front and made his way over, he recognised a good many from the media. Among them was The Pope, a man that Mountjoy really had little time for. "Good Morning sir" he said cheerily as he took his seat just behind the man. "Your Majesties, a pleasure" he turned to the various monarchs before reaching into his own sporon. "From one Celt to another?" he handed his own little flask towards King Finley.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 10:54:59 PM »
Most of the Royal family had already arrived minutes earlier when the carriage carrying Orion and his guests pulled up on the Temple plaza.
Hundreds of cameras and lights flickered in disharmony as first the two guests stepped out into the spotlight, followed by the child emperor.

The first time ever most citizens gazed upon their emperor, followed by silence. A brief moment and the world seemed to have stopped. No clicking noise, no applause. Just the wind and people making up their mind on how to react.

For this brief moment, Orions felt like his heart had stopped. Did they think him unworthy? Was he to seemingly to meek and fragile to fit their idea of an Emperor? Just as he had trained with Albrecht for the Days past, he raised his right arm greeting the Nation like the Emperors of Ancient Times, and the silence gave way. For him the world moved again in a wave of eccentric clapping, shouting. Flags where raised and waved as the three People stood in the center for attention for a whole Nation, their Likelihood displayed all over on Public Squares.

Inside the ancient Sacred place Albrecht and the remaining Royal family had taken their seats, smiling at the other guests whispering before the event.

There was the Pope and the  Knight Commander, odd to see those two at this event, but Albrecht had a Feeling the increasingly nervous Erik might have had his hands in play with that.
Towards lady Anfisa Albrecht turned with a small bow: "Our condolence to you and the whole of Lodja" he whispered, taking his seat.

Kurt nodded towards the Kings present: "Your Majesties, it's an honor to meet you again."

Adelheid smiled at the other guests, rather cheerful: "Thank you for coming"

The Sanctum in the middle started to fill with yellow and green robed Priests, as the Uburzians already chatted among each other about the choice the Emperor had made. "Bravery and Hospitality?" one woman squeaked a little to loud: "Why this odd combination?" granting her an annoyed glare by the passing Priests as they did lead Timoti and Jocelin to their front Seats.

The priest placed a wooden throne in the middle of the Sanctum, in front of an oddly misplaced Cubic Altar, while Erik Schultz, Heinrich Wingert, Robert of Niameck, the Major of Sturmheim and Amanda Lindwurm took seat on Chairs one step lower than the Throne.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 05:11:17 PM »
Jocelin had been rather confused, here she was as a guest of honour and getting treated so well, yet there in the crowd was her own monarch, a man she had deep affection for and respected above all, just as the Code of Canley said. She had been desperatley trying to commit the day to memory so she could use it as inspiration later being unsure whether she was allowed to take pictures, beside she'd left her decent camera at home not wanting to have to carry the cumbersome object around with her.

David meanwhile was enjoying catching up with the various others, especially King Finley, the next round of the Quad Nations was due to start and as always the King was keen for his sportsmen and woman to do well, that he had a rather soft spot for the UC's whiskey, although he was rather impressed by this brew from Mountjoy too.  David extended a hand to Kurt as he spoke. "Lovely to see you again" he added as he retook his seat.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
TYP almost forgot, he also brought with him his own flask, he had to just share it with the other of his international friends.

"Good day to you Sir Lascalles, t'was a while but here we gather once more to witness the ascencion of what is to become a great monarch. Also once again good day to you my fine ladies and gentlemen, I see that you're eager to share each other's flasks containing the good stuff from your respective nations and I tried some as well, not bad I must say, although it's my turn too, I almost forgot *chuckles* hope we all don't get drunk or anything during the ceremony hehe. In any case, may I urge you to *pops up the cover* this highly rated and marvelous beer from the renowned Westvleteren Brewery, brewed by Trappist monks in St. Sixtus Abbey, specifically this is the Westvleteren XII, a harmonious balance between yeast, hops, malt, sugar, caramel and water, here try it my friends..."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 10:58:24 PM »
The Acolytes had formed a line from the center Isle to the Entrance, dividing the Tempel in a green and a yellow side, before the two High Priests slammed their Staffs onto the ground. One Acolyte after another knelt down, followed by the Line of People next to them. Albrecht signaled the Guests with a wave of his hand to not follow suit, before getting on his knees as well.
The Gates opened, and the Lights went on t Orion. With his Gold and white Silk tunic and Platin Blonde Hair, the reflected Lights where so dazzlingly bright that it was hard to look at him. Stepping forward slowly, the acolytes where raising platforms up from the Ground allowing Orion to walk above everyones heads towards the throne, Latin chanting echoing throughout the Sacred Building.
Reaching the two High Priests at the Center, Orion stood with his arms to his side, as the High Priest of Bravery started wrapping a Royal Purple Toga around the Child, still kneeling so he was lower than the Emperor. The High Priest of Hospitality spoke as he held a small cushion:

"Take the brooch of Alexandra the First, and carry her Vision of a blooming Empire with it."

Orion was visibly shaking as the Yellow Priest took up his Mother's Trinket. Mounted on a Silver Base, Leaves carved from Jade surrounded a stylized Flower arranged from Rubellite Petals and a Large Yellow Saphire in it's middle. Pinning the Brooch on the right side of the Toga near Orions Shoulder, the High Priest announced:

"May the Empire bloom under Orion." resulting in the Audience repeating: "May the Empire bloom!"

Next the High Priest of Bravery was given a  cushion by an Acolyte, holding a small golden Globe with a Silver dove on top:

"Take the Globe of Maria the Young. May her wish for Peace carry on through you." Taking the  small figurine from the Priest, Orion held it in one hand presenting it to the Audience, as the High Priest spoke:

"May the Empire know Peace under Orion." again the Audience replied: "May the Empire know Peace!"

Behind Orion Acolytes had pulled the cloth from the cubic structure, revealing what seemed to be a marble coffin with a Relief of a knight in armor, a shining steel sword resting on it's hand. Miss Lindwurm sobbed, whipping her Eyes as Orion stepped to the Coffin to Pick up the blade, presenting it to the Audience:

"I present to you the Blade of Sacrifice!" while the blade itself seemed to be fairly normal steel, the hilt was heavily jeweled and decorated:

"I shall never forget the Heroes that gave everything so we can see another day! May the Empire remember it's Sons and Daughters!"

"May the Empire remember!" was the answer from the Audience, and Orion took seat on the throne. Holding the Dove in one, the sword in the other hand. the Five People below him now together went off their seats, and knelt in front of him, as a single Acolyte carrying a crown walked from the front door to the Isle, this time the Bells of the former Cathedral thundered their Echoes throughout the Room and the City.

The golden crown was formed by six Icons, surrounded by a jeweled frame: a Mortar and Pestle, a Human, the Symbol of the Trinity Order, a Grape cluster, a River with a castle and last a whale. Only a single Arch from the front to the back went across the crown. The Five people that until then had been seated below him, together took the crown from the Acolyte and held it up,  placing it on Orions head:

"All Hail Emperor Orion, first of his Name!" the five yelled, resulting in the Audience answering the call again: "All Hail Orion!"

With the crown on his head, he stood up, and the five went back to their knees.

"Today" Orion said, clearly uneasy as his hands where unsteady:

"Today we renew the bond that formed our Empire, but it is also the day brought by the tragic death of my Mother, the late Empress still dearly missed."

He visible gulped, nodding slowly: "Many people have died this Year. Friends, Family. Monarchs. One of them had asked of me a favor before he faced Death with a firm grip on this very blade."
Orion held up the sword, taking a deep breath as he stepped to the Coffin:
"And with my first act as Emperor, i will honor him."

Putting the blade on each of the Reliefs shoulders for a brief moment, Orion turned back to the Audience: "I name you Sir Arthur Lindwurm, First Knight of the Empire. You shall rest here, among the Knights of old."

Throwing a glance at Erik, then looking at Lascalles and the Pope, Orion continued: "In the face of lost Faith and twisted Ideals, Sir Lindwurm held up what his enemies should have stood for, and protected the people that could not protect themselves."

Turning back to the Audience in general, Orion lowered his Regal Insignia: "I ask for a moment of Silence for all the People we have lost this Year."

As the Audience turned silent, after a Brief moment Orion Spoke again, this time he went down on his Knees:

"For Empress Alexandra, my Mother, may she find Peace. For Sir Arthur Lindwurm, may Bards sing of him in all Corners of the World."
Turning towards the Lodjan Dignitary, Orion added:
"And let us remember Queen Viktoria of Lodja. She is deeply missed among many people here today. May she find peace in the Arms of her Godess."

The Audience started to leave the Temple, the Press catching interviews with whomever was willing to talk to them, before the Dignitaries and the Royal Family where led to a set of tables with Champagne for the Adults, and Juice for the Younger or sober People, accompanied by small Snacks.

Albrecht gave Orion a huge hug, now freed from the massive jewelry and only wearing the Tunic with the Purple Toga and a small Wreath from fresh leaves: "I hope at least some of you can stay" Orion said, as he nodded slowly: "I have to hold a speech in front of the Senate in a bit, but if you have questions now you can ask." Turning towards the two Kings present last time at the dinner, he bowed before Albrecht could grab him: "And i do apologize again for the deception last time we met." Albrecht giving him a light clap to the back of his head: "I told you, don't do that." Orion giving him a small smile in response.

Kurt rolled up to Timoti, smiling: "Did you prepare a speech for the Senate as well, or did you say no to it?" as his shoulders where hanging down a bit: "Julian couldn't come. His Principal found out i took him out of Country and wasn't exactly amused."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 11:19:39 PM »
The first to speak was Lascelles, "I have no question to ask but a request." he stood "But first I wish you a long prosperous reign" the Knight Commander raised his glass, "I was honoured the have one of your countrymen come and show their respects to our nations heroes some time back at our festival remembering our clansman's brave charge in our history." He approached the newly crowned Emperor. "You know the Order of Mountjoy today is not just home to Christians, we have in our midst ten non-Christian's, you see when we became a nation in 1667 we didn't wish to be as barbaric as some of the people the Order had faced and we bore no ill will to others. So long as one accepts the "Principles of the Order" you may become a member" Lascelles looked at King David, "Of those ten , eight are Cultists, two actually members of your embassy, it appears they see your Code of Canley as being extremely similar to our Principles, among those Principles are to encourage the noble ideals of Chivalry and to promote, Nobility through deeds of Charity & Honour. As well as to support the poor, the sick, the unjustly accused, to stand against oppression and to protect freedom & Liberty." Hugo could recite these without hesitation so ingrained where they in his mind. "It is my understanding the man you posthumously knighted died living these very Principles" Hugo removed his ring that was worn by all Officers in the Order. "I would be honoured if this Knight of yours would stand with our Order." It was an ancient set of words Hugo used now, but he had selected them carefully. " Anyone who stands with our Order is my brother, should he stand for what is right I shall stand beside him, should he lack the courage to go on I shall stand behind him, and should his life be in danger I shall stand in front of him. His enemies shall be my enemies, his friends my brothers." The King offered the ring to Orion, "I understand things between my faith and your nation may not always have been comfortable, today we can change that, let Sir Arthur's deeds be the catalyst for it and I assure you Mountjoy shall do all it can to help rid the world of the least noble of fake Christians."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »
Orion took a step back as Lascelles was addressing him, wrapping one hand around his shoulder as he looked sideways.  He had raised his glass alost far enough up to cover his face, before mumbling from behind it:

"I pledge myself to defend the defenseless, to aid those in need, and to never back down from the call of Duty" shaking his head Orion finally looked up to Lascalles, his eyes glistening wet: "I call forth the blessing of Bravery, may the Divine Aspect lead my Hand."

Albrecht gave Orion a Handkerchief, whipping his eyes before snorting into it as he looked back up to lascelles: "That's what he pledged. A cheesy line from a TV show where he had played the Squire. Down on his Knees. Knowing full well one of the people that had beating him up the whole day already might kill him if he tried anything funny..."

Orion snorted again into the Handkerchief, his Hands trembling: "I am sorry. But..."

Amanda Lindwurm walked over, patting Orion onto his shoulder, before allowing Albrecht to give Orion some space and a Chance to calm down:
"It's a lot to ask, Knight commander." her Eyes where glistening as well, but unlike the child next to her she could contempt it better: "My son was murdered just sixteen Years old by People claiming to follow your God, your Faith. Believing it was right to use force when their reasoning wasn't heard anymore." She looked at the Ring, nodding slowly: "But he would have been proud to be recognized. Ever since he played a squire in a TV Drama years back he wouldn't stop talking the different Knights. So as much as it is irony, that in Death he becomes what in live he died defying, part of a Christian Order, i think he would have been Proud. So as far as the Regent and the Emperor agree, i would thank you for this offer."

Orion, having calmed down a little, nodded and walked back over: "Arthur would be Happy. His Sarcophagus will stand next to the Grave of the Man who had founded the Trinity Order. If i recall my lessons right a Man fighting together with the First Lascelles of the Mountjoy Order."

Erik walked over, though staying in respectful distance to Orion: "Sir Arthur was more of a Knight than any of my Order Members have been for the last two centuries."
"Don't /you/ dare say my Son's Name" Amanda snarled, resulting in Kurt giving Erik a clear Hand sign to make more Room and get some distance.

guest17

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 06:30:08 AM »
 Maza 1 Almoeaza Tecuatal  and the younger Coa-Ajuco, bearing the controversial name of  Ezalco Ozacatu, were the representatives of Cojotan to this ceremony. There darker skin tones and appearance familiar with the Horn of Ardia made that quite clear.  It was hoped that this visit one of few that Cojotan made beyond the horn, would allow for the beginning of possible cooperation between the two states. It was a rather strange day that this coronation fell on however. While the younger Ezalco was naive to the situation Almoeaza was all too aware of what the significance of this day was, especially as she caught sight of the other attending world leaders. 

For the most part Almoeaza had ensured that the two avoided unnecessary exchanges with the others. However this would not stop curious minds particularly young naive minds. Ezalco had occasionally glanced over at the Achkaerinese. He had heard many stories of this so called cyborg emperor of the north and as young minds often do wanted to see the man for himself and see what truth these stories held. It seemed however that he would be denied the chance in this case as the Emperor was absent for this delegation. Through out the coronation the two had remained widely in the background so to say, Almoeaza occasionally explaining the significance of the various intricacies of the ceremony.

Now however the coronation proper was finished and the time of revel and celebration was to begin. Almoeaza waited for a while after the Knight Commander made his own toast and then some time for the following tensions to cool down a little. Then it was her time to speak. “Well!” Almoeaza said in what she hoped was a more sympathetic tone then the dismissive tone it truly was.

“I should like to make a toast of my own.” she began, swiftly rising from here seat and lifting up her own  glass. The boy Emperor was making a rather poor display of himself. He was timid, self-doubting, and seemingly lacked confidence in his actions. These were traits that made for poor leaders in general but nothing to say of one to soon be called Emperor. Despite this she was not expecting much from Orion nor truly surprised. She even sympathized with the boy or at least as much as a stranger could. The tragedy of the abduction did not fall on deaf ears in Cojotan, and the name Lindurm was well known. Almoeza found the heated exchange between the two Uburzis an unnecessary agitation of the already somber affair. It disrupted what was supposed to be an occasion of revel and pleasure and certainly did not help the new Emperor. She saw this as an opportunity to change the mood of the subject and perhaps teach, through example, both the Emperor and her own protege confidence even if feigned.     

“In Cojotan we believe that the celebration of ones life is important and thus I shall like to toast to Young Master Lindurm! May his memory and feats never be forgotten  and his soul ever know peace in the afterlife.”Almoeza started first giving a warm sympathetic smile and nod of her head to Mrs. Lindurm. It was hoped the distraught Madam would understand this as a sign of condolence and respect. She was also careful choosing more ambiguous words understanding the peculiar and sensitive nature religion carried to these foreigners. All through-out she had not lowered her glass below her eyes and ensured to emphasis a clear distance from the glass and her own face.     

Now she turned to face the Emperor and his regent, giving a brief motion for her young fellow to follow in suit, before beginning again;
“And to His Imperial Majesty! Emperor Orion first of your name, may your reign be ever long and Prosperous. This is a monumental moment in your life Your Majesty and while the future may seem daunting know that as Emperor your people will always have faith in your judgment.” Finished Almoeza raised her glass up slightly higher a signal of her toast finished. She then gave a respectful bow of her head, extending her free arm in an arching motion so as to show respect. All the while careful that the display did not disrupt the balance of her glass. She was more than doubtful of her final words though did not show it. If there was one truth she had come to accept as a leader, it was that the people would never have faith in their leaders, never be satisfied with their governments, and never be content. Despite how much they may have appeared so.   

Her young Protege followed in tow although with visible difficulty, causing Almoeza to swiftly balance the young boy's glass preventing what would have been an embarrassing conclusion to their display. Toasts aside there was a reason the nine year old  had accompanied his older mentor and fellow Ajuco. In his free time, of which there was plenty at his age, the boy had taken up photography as a hobby. Ezalco had hoped he could capture the newly crowned Emperor in all the splendor of this occasion. This was of course something Almoeaza had discussed with Albretch's aides beforehand hoping the message had received the regent and his Emperor.

[1] Ajuco means Excellency where as Coa-Ajuco would translate to Supreme Excellency. This title carries the weight of a monarchial title. This along with Ezalco being an Ozacatu (the previous ruling dynasty that was later abolished post Great War), makes his presence very controversial among Cojotani.

Maza is simply an honorary title given to those who hold authority, thus Aloeaza is called Maza Almoeaza, which would translate (roughly) to Madam Almoeaza.

Edited the title of Almoeaza from Ajuco to Maza, replaced the word 'Iconic' to 'Controversial' which is what it was supposed to be originally.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 08:36:17 PM »
Anfisa had kept largely quiet during the proceedings, after all she was only here because she was the closest diplomat that Lodja had to the venue. As the CNN ambassador from her nation it was useful to be here as the Maori, Morelanders and Cennegs had come, a full house with her attendance, but she knew that many would be here to feather their nations diplomatic bed with the new Emperor. Anfisa had no such brief, in fact since the situation with Viktoriya there had been little if any communication on official matters coming from her homeland. It had largely been a matter of her own initiative that she was here. She simply stood watching as those around her offered gifts and tokens, some of it such as the Mountjoy situation confused her but she had learnt enough to know that at times it was best to keep your mouth shut. However when Orion mentioned the monarch she felt compelled to speak, although she had very little idea if the words were true. "Thank you Your Imperial Majesty" Anifsa began, "I know Queen Viktoriya only visited here once but she spoke warmly of her experiences here and I know she would wish you the best of luck for a long, happy and glorious reign."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 10:14:55 PM »
Pope Peter II didn't really know what to really say but he sure followed suit the rest of the gang and congratulated the new Emperor, giving a toast, coronation presents and chatting with the other attendees; he personally attached a decorative pin depicting the Patron Saint of Emperors, Saint Maurice, on Orion's shirt.. "May your reign last long and prosper gloriously, as well as Saint Maurice protect and keep you from any possible harm" he finally added. He thought about what Lascalles said about "fake Christians" which he inclined to agree upon as long as he was referring to the correct analogy of the so-called "Fake Christians" and not...Ecclesiasiasticals such as himself. The Young Pope also was pleased that the troop of CNN nations through their respective representatives were gathered there for this splendid occassion, he wished that ES would become a member of it. "Good day my Lady" he whispered to her, "Aren't we all happy for this young lad's honor to become NU's next monarch? Also, I'd wish to perhaps discuss diplomatic business regarding the Ecclesiastical State's potential membership of your highly esteemed CNN, once the time is right..." TYP went up to her personally considering he thought that she would be the type who would sympatize easily.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:45:41 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 10:57:16 PM »
Jocelin had rather enjoyed the ceremony and had noted a few things down in her notebook discreetly while the ceremony had been taking place, she had enjoyed the hospitality shown, it was a new experience for her to be at such a large international event and not be tied to the King, not that she minded spending time with David, he was after all rather charming. Now that everyone was together she found herself stood side by side with the King. "How was it in the VIP area" the King asked her as he greeted her with a kiss on each cheek, "From the cheap seats you looked rather fetching" the King added as he handed her a glass of wine.

"It's something I could have got used to, it's certainly interesting, I've some great ideas" Jocelin said cheerfully. "I was thinking that perhaps as well as doing some kind of portrait of the new Emperor I'll do something to commemorate this Arthur. Give me a second." Jocelin had spotted some other guest with a camera, her own sketches would be good but she was keen to get more visual information and so wandered over to Ezalco.  "Excuse me, my names Jocelin Hopkins, I'm the East Moreland Royal Artist in Residence, I noticed you were taking photos, is there any chance I could get some copies, I've promised the Emperor a nice portrait as a thank you, perhaps you could help?" she asked keen to make the acquaintance of someone else with an artistic streak.

Meanwhile David had waited for the new Emperor to be free and approached. "I suppose I should say welcome to the Monarchs club" the King extended a hand, "You probably know that I put a large part of my approach to being a King down to a friend of mine called Professor Merriman, he was a lecturer at my University who helped change my outlook on the world. When I was crowned he presented me with a book, an old critique of the old monarchs of East Moreland, he told me to read it as I could learn from their mistakes, apparently we never live long enough to make all the mistakes they did ourselves." The King presented a newly bound leather book, "That book is now somewhere in Lodja, another thing Professor Merriman said was that books are not to keep, they are to share with people and pass knowledge on. So, this book is a new copy of that, made by hand from a group of historians that try and keep old customs alive of making manuscripts by hand." The King opened the front page and a bright image of bright colours showing some kind of oath of fealty being taken by Queen Rhiannon the Fierce popped out with vibrant blues and golds. "Jocelin is to thank for that" the King said proudly, below the image was a message from the King, "May you learn the lessons of the past, avoid their mistakes and pass this knowledge on to one who needs it."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 11:42:19 PM »
Simon had waited for his chance to approach Orion, though he hadn't really been waiting he'd been keeping a very careful eye on his girls as Aeolia and Lamia had that mischievous look in their eyes.
"So what do you think of the new kid?" Lydia asked handing her husband a drink
"We'll see." Simon said "Though I believe with this sorted we'll know sooner rather than later."
"This being Peter's project?" Lydia asked
"Yeah." Simon said

When Simon saw that King David had finished speaking he approached Orion
"Congratulations Your Majesty." Simon said "My father sends his apologies though you did pick probably the worst possible day for this. This is for you." he handed Orion an envelope, it was an invitation to visit Achkaerin whenever he wanted, this was part of the project Simon and Lydia had been discussing earlier. So job done there, Simon breathed a little easier now "And welcome to the international young Royals club."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 07:35:13 PM »
Orion was striking posing for Ezalco's pictures when the Pope tried to put the decorative Pin on his Tunic, with Orion stumbling backwards form the suprise and reluctantly taking it instead of getting his Silk Tunic pierced.

"Thank you for the Gesture" Orion said, visible uncomfortable with peters close presence, before turning to Anifsa: "May i ask to attend your next Queens Coronation? From what my Teachers told me it is also Viktorias funeral, and i want to show her my respect."

So far it seemed Orion managed to calm down again, his eyes still slightly red lined, as he received the book from David:

"i am honored." before Albrecht added smirking from the sidelines: "I am sure we can work it into your history lessons. I'll have to talk with your Teachers."

As Simon Approached, Orion shook his head slowly: "I hardly picked the Day i was born." before receiving up the envelope. He first raised an eyebrow:

"Young Royals Club?" receiving a gentle nudge from Albrechts elbow, he added: "Thank you. Though please tell me more of what this club is supposed to be. Talking about more."

Looking at a silver pocket watch he had been given earlier, he smiled: "We have some lunch prepared on your way to the Airport. Everyone staying, we will soon make our Way to the Youth Senate building. It's sorta a coming of Age ceremony to hold your first Speech in front of it after your Thirteenth Birthday for every Uburzian. This time it's just with the whole Nation watching."

Smirking at the two girls, Orion did grin widely: "It's sad we didn't have more time. I was told you two do like some fun."

Well, he did arrange for two whoopee cushions to await the girls on their car back to the airport, Your turn now printed atop. Not that he told Albrecht, but he wanted to be at least a little bit of a kid on his Birthday.

(ooc: moving on to the senate in one or two days)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 11:22:03 PM »
Pope Peter realizing that time was flying past him as he had to also attend the memorial ceremony in Achkaerin in roughly 6 hrs and thus couldn't continue, he had to say a few farewells. He went to Orion firstly, "I noticed that I somehow frightened you with that pin and me trying to stick it on you without asking for permission, I hope you accept my humble christian apologisation your most glorious and honorable majesty; I'm afarid I must now head over to our Achkaerinese friends in the north to attend their veteran memorial ceremony. Rest assured that more gifts on behalf of the Holy See and the Ecclesiastical citizens are on their way to be delivered, I hope it's to your satisfaction..."

After speaking with the other guests, he finally approached Grandmaster Erik, not fully knowing it was the world's best of ideas considering the recent events in which he made the fatal decision to officially disband his order although it seemed to backfire and the situation seemed to get worse but for now it was contained at least, he had to just make sure before he left Orion's ceremony that both parties were on good terms with each other. "I'm sad to say Erik that I must bid farewell, have to catch up with our Achkerinese friends having their veteran memorial event, and it's also my duty ro pay respects to my countrymen after all. I just really wanted to say that I'm terribly sorry for what my highly controversial and fatal decision has meant for your order and yourself in general, I beg of you to accept my humble Christian apology; it might be too late now to have some things undone thanks to badly-informed advisors around my circle of intelligence, but I just wish that Christian unity between us is still vital and strong...if there's anything I can do for your order like how Montjoy is currently doing in the process, just say so; you know the Holy See's number and always have time to speak with you whenever and wherever; it would be great to meet in other circumstances to discuss more in-dept..."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 09:46:02 PM »
Erik walked aside as the group started making their way to the building of the Youth Senate: "We will see, your highness. Only time and Action will see what the future brings. Words alone will not be enough."

The city was filled with people gathered in open spaces, Families together having picnics with either Large TV sets, impromptu Canvas or at official gatherings. Many children in Orions age wearing cadet uniforms, while the general tone was rather casual. Only as the Cars arrived at the atmosphere changed, most screens changing to an aerial view of the Semicircular Brick building ahead of them. Albrecht did lead the Group to a back entrance, while Orion and Timoti would be guided to the Main Entrance. Several granite statues seamed the front, with Orion waving to the waiting crowd of reporters before moving through an entrance hall:

"Usually everyone attending a Senate hearing would draw a number here to get their Seat if it is a full day." Pointing to a refreshment stall, he grinned, waving to one of the guards: "Get us two Cups of Hot Honey Milk." he then gave a shy smile to Timoti: "We are both the Leaders of our people, but i believe we do deserve some childish moment every now and then"

Leading his companion to the end of the hall, Orion walked passed two large winged doors, to a small Sideroom. Inside the Hot Milk was already waiting for them, a TV screens showing the center chamber, several lockers waiting on the side of the room.
"Here speakers get ready to step up. Most of us don't wear Tunic and Toga all day. But it is mandatory if you are to speak in front of the Senate."
Pointing Timoti to a Tunic waiting for him, accompanied by a Toga in Royal Purple, Orion took a seat:

"If you wish, you can change into our Traditional dress. Purple in this case means yo are a guest of the Imperial Family. The Elder Senate did rule it your decision though. It's your decision to go with your own attire or our own."
Watching the door to the central chamber, Orion nodded, fiddling relentless with his fingers: "We still have a couple of Minutes. Once the light over that door turns on it's my turn."

Albrecht and the other Members of the Royal Family did meanwhile lead the esteemed guests to a Visitor Lounge above the Plenar Hall:
"For our Youth it is the coming of Age ceremony to hold your first Speech in front of a Senate. Once you turn thirteen you are automatically a member of your cities Youth Senate." Albrecht explained, taking a seat and putting a small Bluetooth speaker into his ear: "If you wish you can put one in as well. We have them prepared for everyone so you can properly hear, the red speakers have a live translation into English tuned in."

A set of small Screens gave the Lounge additional options to observe the Speaker, while downstairs a very wobbly young Girl stepped of the Podium, getting a standing Ovation from roughly a Football Stadium worth of Teenagers and young adults in Orange and yellow Togae.
"We had arranged for several others to get their first speech together with Orion." Adelheid noted, sipping from a glass of Champagne she had gotten from an attendant.

The speakers crackled slightly, as an announcer spoke to the Plenum: "Next Speaker. Orion the First, Emperor of Neu Uburzis."

Orion took a deep breath as he stepped onto the Podium, putting a small tablet on. Cameras broadcasting him to the Nation as thousands of eyes in front of him starred him down: *1

"Brothers and Sisters of Neu Uburzis,

today marks an Important day in our History, not because it is the Day i was crowned, but because we finally take back our Seat in the Theater of Nations.
As my Mother, the late Empress Alexandra, had envisioned, we will no longer the world around us, and hide behind our Border. We have always seen us as protectors of Earth, as stalwart Wardens, Yet until now we never moved. We had been contempt to sit back and ravel in believed Moral Superiority. It is time we back up Our word with Action."

Two Senatorial scribes approached Orion, holding each a parchment on cushion to Orion, as he transferred one of it to the Podium, grabbing an inked Feather from it's rest:

"In accordance with the Elder senate and the Prince Regent, i have been allows to sign two important Documents today. Some of our esteemed guests might recognize this preamble:

For Centuries there have been unwritten codes of conduct during times of war. As the nature of modern warfare has changed so to must the conduct of those involved in it. This document is the first attempt at a legally binding formal code of conduct in the history of Mundus. While we recognize that war is at times inevitable what is not inevitable is the horrors that nations inflict upon those with no choice about their involvement. This document seeks to protect these people and grant a measure of protection to those directly involved in conflict."

Orion the slowly scribbled away audible from a Microphone, as he looked back up to the Audience, placing the signed document back onto it's cushion, taking a sip from a glass of water:
"The Uppsala Convention might not be to everyone's Tast ein the Elder Senate. But even some of us wish to have changes of it, we first need to be Part of the Community because we can demand changes to the Rules. As some younger ones would have been told by their parents: 'You can't demand they play by your Rules if you don't Play with at all.'"

Taking up a second Document, Orion spoke up again:

"This second Document is for us to make this Promise reality. You can't have a community if you aren't Part of it."
Scribbling on Paper, Orion nodded slowly, turning back up:
"With this Signature, the Empire of Neu Uburzis requests Membership in the Cross Mundus Agency. After a long Debate, the Elder Senate has granted me the honor of signing the request myself."

After putting the Document away, Orion turned to the Audience again:

"I also have some personal words. In one year, i Lost my Mother, Father, Siblings. I saw someone dying to protect me, and people willing to sacrificing everything in order to Force their view on others. In the past we dealt with different Opinions from the Outside by shutting ourselves off, but now we will have to learn do deal with them in new ways. In a way our Nation as a whole has to grow up as i will have to, facing no longer just the comfortable safety of our home, but the whole world. And i ask for all of us to become Part of the world. Go out, bring our Nation to the world, and bring parts of the world back. There are many things we will have to learn anew.
In this spirit, we have asked the Chief of the Ngāti Kahungunu Iwi to join us today, and in almost Two hundred Years be the first foreigner to Speak in front of a Nation. Yet a foreigner he is not, as some might have heard, his Family, his Iwi, is now our Family, our Iwi as well.

So for the Day, i shall pass the Podium to my brother in Spirit, Chief Timoti of the Ngati Kahungunu."

And with that, Orion letting out a sigh to walk off the Podium with knees as wobbly as the girl before him.

*1 just to Clarify. The speech is held in a German Accent. It's in English for Reasons of simplicity.

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 11:10:00 PM »
Kauri Timoti had only ever spoken to the Tribal Council meetings, and often that had only been a handful of the Chiefs in attendance, he knew he was able to speak well but the size of the crowd freaked him out slightly, that and the strange outfit, he had stood ready to talk in his traditional attire, knee length reed skirt and belt, his chiefs cloak around him. He had bowed to the hosts traditions, at least in the most part, the toga was worn but he had refastened his cloak around his shoulders, to not do so would have been a slap in the face to his ancestors. He stood patiently listening to Orion's speech, his mind going over his own thinking whether he had to change any of what he was about to say. He had contemplated beginning with a traditional Maori powhiri but technically he was not hosting and so ruled it out. He'd arranged for his Chieftan's spear to be brought to the Senate and as he was introduced took it from one of the Senates staff who had been waiting with them. He walked up to the podium, the spear casually being passed from hand to hand as though the weapon was an extension of his body.

"Koa" Kauri began with a traditional Maori greeting, without another word he stepped down from the podium placing the spear pointing towards the Senate's door, a symbol in his culture of a guest standing ready to protect their host, but at the same time recognising that they would not need their weapon. "Orion of the Ngāti Kahungunu the First of his Name, Emperor of Neu Uburzis" he spoke the title purposely and carefully ensuring he didn't make a mistake. "I am grateful for an opportunity to speak. Some time past two of your countrymen came to our nation, while there they experienced our ceremonies and joined our two nations, therefore today I do not feel like I am speaking to strangers, just brothers and sisters I have yet to meet. This is in many ways similar to what your new Emperor hopes to achieve, treating the wider world as people to join with rather than keep away. Today I've been able to sit among great people from across Mundus, King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig, King David of East Moreland, two men I have admired for their leadership of their people. I have meet people who hold their faith close to their hearts, people like Knight Commander Lascelles and The Pope. It has even been possible to meet new friends from Cojotan and Achkaerin. I say these things as a royal reign could not get off to a better start, it is a Maori's belief that a great Chief or King.....in your case Emperor, is someone who places the good of his people above his own wishes, or even his people's traditions, is willing to adapt to ensure his people thrive. It is quiet ironic, us Maori are one of the most tradition and ritual obsessed people on Mundus, even speaking to you in a toga makes me feel a little like a traitor to the Maori way, but it is something I must do to better form the bond of brotherhood. A good leader must have faith that they make the decisions that they must, and that they are guided by the forces of good, and above all they must be their people's best friend. Someone who watches out for them, and if neccessary tells them some hard truths. Today Orion of the Ngāti Kahungunu the First of his Name, Emperor of Neu Uburzis has taken his....our...peoples first steps on a new path, the Iwi and Uburzis are both stepping into the world, and like brothers should we shall do so side by side. A new start may be a challenge but it is one that two proud people can overcome in a spirit of friendship, and brotherhood such as that we have begun to form thanks to your nations Matiriki emissaries. As such I hope many of you here today will one day speak in our Merae's[1] and that I shall not be the last Maori to place his spear at the floor of your senate in thanks for your hospitality." With that he went and sat next to Orion leaving his spear on the floor his cultures traditional symbol of respect to a host in their own Merae.

1. Tribal meeting halls

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »
As she watched on Jocelin was rather pleased that she hadn't had to make a speech, she'd given a few in her time running a charitable organisation or two but never to a group this large or influential. SHe'd always ensured that the thing she could focus on was her art, be it silly little sketches for children she worked with or glorious water colours of the East Moreland countryside, something she adored painting. As they watched the speech on a screen Jocelin had taken her notebook from the bag she carried on her shoulder, while many ladies of her standing would have had it full of make up, or other such item Jocelin kept a notebook and tin of pencils. As first Orion and then Kauri spoke she worked, the pencil a frenzy over the crisp white paper, she used her thumb to smuge some lines to get the texture she wanted and then finally when happy she tored the page out the booklet and handed it to one of the aides who had been taking messages in and out of Senate (OOC - assuming like Parliament you get aides running notes in and out as business is discussed).

She watched on the screen as she sat next to King David, the man she'd handed the note to appeared and crossed to the EMepror bowing as he did. He handed over the note conatining a cartoon style characterture of the Emperor and his Maori guest talking, beneath was written the words, "Good work"

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 12:17:41 AM »
Orion grinned with a hint of Pride getting his little doodle from Jocelyn. His duties weren't done yet though. The Parent's of the other Speakers had arranged for him to take Pictures with their Children, and while the Families saw the huge honor, Orion and the Speakers where nervously talking and joking with each other, forgetting for a brief moment the weight of this event.

Once everyone finished, the guests where lead up to the Palace, where once again the large hall was set up for an evening of Dinner and music.

Two tables where separated from the main floor, one where Albrecht and the Dignitaries took Seat, and another Table where a bunch of Uniform wearing Cadets where nervously standing around, with their Parents continuously cleaning up the already perfected clothing.

"You did not!" Orion yelped in surprise, beaming brightly: "Yes i did make sure every single cadet you share a dorm with at the Academy got an Invitation. This is your Birthday after all. Would have been Pretty sad if you didn't have some friends over."

Giving Albrecht a hug, Orion almost stormed over as Albrecht gave the Parents a nod to leave the young Teenagers to the little Suprise, while he turned to the younger guests, especially Timoti and the Cojotan child: "If you two wish, i don't think they would complain if you would join them over there. Ezcalo, you are a bit younger than them but i don't think it's too much of an issue." before turning to Timoti: "If you want to can join them too, though i wasn't sure if you would rather sit with us instead."

Kurt nudged Jocelyn slightly: "Just a word Orion wanted to pass on as well, he wanted o show you his own atelier later. He really is afraid you wont make it this time as well."
Adelheid meanwhile sipped some champagne, leaning back: "Don't worry dad. We got the rest of the Afternoon and the evening Time for that."

With some guards to watch over the youngster, a partition wall was erected so the cadets wouldn't be constantly photographed by the press.

"We take right of privacy very serious here. So with the cadets here we have to keep them Separate from too vicious Rumors." Albrecht explained, ordering himself some cake and Tea from a servant: "The throne Room didn't make Renovations in Time. We still lack almost all Tapestries and the Floor needed another Polishing. But if you want we could show you later as well. I think only miss Jocelyn here got a sneak Peak of that room so far."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 10:40:41 PM »
Jocelin was rather disappointed, she'd been looking forward to seeing the completed throne room, but it seemed she'd have to make do with the work so far, she turned to chat with her fellow Morelander, King David, but he'd disappeared. She glanced around the tables and found the King had followed the Emperor towards the cadets and had even taken a seat. She knew David always felt more at ease around the military members of his inner circle and took a more than active interest in the Cadet forces back home in East Moreland, he'd even managed to recruit Alex Redfern to run one of the Academies for a short period of time in an attempt to improve the standard of training there. He was sat chatting with a pair of cadets when Jocelin arrived and found a spot of her own to sit at. The King was quizzing them about their activities and future plans while Jocelin meanwhile sat just quietly enjoying a glass of wine.

"How about this as a suggestion" David began after listening to some of the cadets talk about their activities and events, "Back home we have something called the Ostlake Games, think of it as the Mundus Games but for military stuff, everything from distance running to target shooting to precision parachuting." he pulled his mobile out and showed the cadets some of the clips of last years games. "We've even now started including events for wounded veterans"

"Yeah, you even sneaked one didn't you" Jocelin had noticed how the King had skipped past the photo of him as part of a quad rowing team but took the phone and swiped her finger backwards to show the cadets, "Third place with his mighty Pegasus Legion." she grinned. "Remind me, did't Duke win that?" she had done her national service with the Duke Legion and as such felt it only fair she remind him of their victory.

"Indeed" the King grumbled taking his phone back. "Now before my friend here interrupted what I was going to ask is how would you cadets feel about coming and taking on some of our cadets in say a 5km cross country run, some target shooting and perhaps a tug of war. We'd see to it that you'd get to attend the close of games ball at Ostlake West, and all competitors get VIP passes to all the events and entertainment during the week long event. You interested?" the King asked looking around at the cadets and their instructors.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 08:45:16 PM »
Orion's Dormmates where rather baffled. Not only did they not expect to be invited to the Palace for a Party, but now aside from Sitting at the Same table with the Emperor they had a foreign King talking to them. Their Parents where bursting with Pride as they noticed the Mhorish King, while Orion was visibly Nervous.

"Tug of War? How about your Cadets come to us and we can see who can actually siege a castle!" one Kid bursted out, before receiving a quick slap on the back of his head from another: "Dude! Bad Topic."

Orion sighed and shook his head: "It's allright. It was fun until someone decided to cheat and i got Kidnapped. Next year we wont have mixed camps though. The Senates had agreed that as long as it is a Stigma for a Boy to get beaten by a Girl to a point where cheating wouldn't be reported, they an't keep up mixed Camps."

The kids sighed in Relief, before waving at Jocelin: "So, you are the Painter /Olaf/ here got his behind tanned for when the Teachers found out he sneaked you out into the Throne room?"

This Time Orion turned bright red, almost sinking below the Table: "Only because you guys noticed. They had to keep the Pretense up that i didn't have permission to wander around the Palace. And since some of you noticed me sneaking out and getting caught, they had to else the Gig woudl ahve been up right away."

"Still I am Mad i didn't figure it sooner" a more Nerdy looking Cadet with glasses replied: "Should have noticed. I mean the Hints where everywhere!"

The smallest one added: "Yeah... say do we get hot chocolate? I'd love to get hot chocolate...."

Making the round and Orion laugh: "Yeah, just get out of your uniforms already. we have a changing room ready with more Party suitable Clothes. Thanks to the school Albrecht had some Extra Clothes Prepared expecting your parents to send you in with parade Uniform."

"It's so expensive Mum never buys it." one kid mumbling complained, sighing: "Can you ask Albrecht to make the Situation better?"

"I am sure we will find friends where we can import Organic Cocoa soon enough in higher quantities." Orion said, while waving to Jocelyn: "We can later go to my Atelier. It's on top one of the outer Wall Towers of the Old Castle."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 11:52:39 PM »
Anfisa had kept a rather low profile, she was only here because of the disaster that had befallen her Queen and also in the eyes of many gathered was she really a Princess. In her time outside Lodja she'd grown to see how backwards and antiquaited some of their culture was seen by others, and the children of a no longer alive Queen being granted titles for five generations was probably a step too far for many. She liked her job at the CNN, just three others to work with and a lot of socialisation with the staff, a chance to get out and explore Claith, a city she now considered her home even after such a short time. It all meant that her outlook was changing, even if the new Queen brought in a new CNN ambassador Anfisa would request to stay on there just because it felt like she was part of something, if she returned back home she'd just be "that girl who was related to Queen Sonja" and while she admired her grandmother and her reign she didn't want her life to be defined by it.

She made a point now of trying to get out of her merose and actually speak with people. She looked around the room, King David had ventured off talking to some children, that certainly wasn't Anfisa's idea of a good time, even the gangly artsy type girl he was with seemed more interested in the cadets than anything else. She waited for Albrecht to get his tea and cake and made her way over. "Such a wonderful event isn't it." she posed more as a statement than a question. "Oh, sorry Princess Anfisa of Lodja, we meet early but I'm sure you've meet so many well known people today I wasn't sure you'd recall." she blushed slightly. "Has the young Emperor then given any thought to where he's heading now he has that crown, I mean it's big news isn't it, the first grand state visit, the world will be watching. I know my grandmother made her's to an Albion neighbour, what was then the Union of Nordic People I think....not to sure...but I think it helps set the tone. I would suggest Lodja of course, I hear its a wonderful country but then again I am biased" she grabbed a piece of cake off a server for herself as she chatted, "Also well....as you can imagine we're not really set up for such a thing. Perhaps though I can make a suggestion, why not kill four birds with one stone, that'd be hell of a shot wouldn't it, well no one from outside the CNN has had an official state visit to our HQ in Claith, you've representatives from each nation here, why not come over for one of our events next time ones on, means you're not showing favouritism to East Moreland, Lodja, The Iwi or the Cennegs, and Claith is a fantastic city, I know a lovely little tea room down by the canals, obviously if the Emperor has plans I understand. I suppose there is so much to do, start looking at potential marriages.....oh hang on...do you even do that here, I'm such a useless ambassador aren't I, visiting a country I should know these things." In truth she did, she knew about her hosts culture, but admiting that didn't give a locals insight and didn't create conversation.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 12:08:13 AM »
Albrecht smiled, breaking his gaze from keeping an eye on Orion to reply to their guest from Lodia:

"The work for him just started, i'll have to make sure he gets enough time at school as well. He did however seem very inclined to participate in your next Queens Coronation as it is also Queen Viktoryias Funeral. Orion feels as he could not apologizing for pretending to be someone else at the Dinner, he at least has the duty to honor her on her last way."

/I also have someone i need to talk with in Claith/ Albrecht thought to himself slowly sipping from his cup before answering: "When it comes to Claith, i might actually go there myself not to far off in the Future. Maybe visiting some Schools there on the Way if my Sister Adelheid tags along. She is a bit of a Celebrity star here..."

"Oh, and should you get back to Lodja, tell Stasya i so need to go on a Shopping tour with her still." Adelheid interrupted before Albrecht rolled his Eyes: "How did you like our Youth Senate? Many Outsiders don't understand we are actually very Base democratic as a Nation in General. The Emperor is more like a Fail-safe than supposed to be governing every day live."

"The Coronation itself also held a lot of Symbolic, if you have questions, feel free to ask" Adelheid threw in, pouting as she shoveled in some cake.