Author Topic: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review  (Read 36968 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2021, 08:05:41 AM »

Marshal Sadeq Hedayati Proclaimed General Of Armies

Marshal Sadeq Hedayati, leader of the CDL, has been promoted to the second most powerful position in the Royal Clysperi Army.

In a ceremony earlier this morning Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re named Marshal Sadeq Hedayati, leader of the Common Defense League which played a major role in the Clysperi war against terrorism, as General of Armies while bestowing upon him a noble name, Intef (His Father brought him). "We have all witnessed the successes of Marshal Hedayati in his holy work to drive from our lands the infidels, the butchers, those followers of the Disgraced. Indeed, it is most certain that without his steadfast loyalty to the Kingdom of Clysperis and the work of the Common Defense League we would not be in the position we are today. These are works which require recognition, thus today Marshal Sadeq Hedayati is elevated to Intef, General of Armies," the Pharaoh said in televised remarks.

Intef, of the Manist Peer Faith, formed the Common Defense League to combat the rise of Nekhtou the Disgraced as his forces laid waste to the culture, people and faiths of Clysperis. "There were some within the Priesthood who questioned my decision," the Pharaoh continued, "wondering why I would appoint a Manist to such a position of power over my armies. I said to them, does not the work of Intef speak for itself? Was it not by the grace of the Prophet that Intef inspired not only his forces, but the People of Clysperis, to rise to the defense of the Kingdom? Who better would you propose I declare; who has proven themselves more worthy? Not one alternative name could be put forth for consideration, and all questions as to my decision were doused by the works of Intef in the defense of the Kingdom, for they speak for themselves."

Speaking with CSMC Intef was clearly humbled. "When we started our work, who could have seen that this would be the end result? Clysperis rid of that festering wickedness bestowed by the Disgraced, the Pharaoh entrusting me with this responsibility and duty. I say to you, in the name of God and the Pharaoh, I will execute the duties which have been bestowed upon me, I will defend our People from all enemies and, Almighty God willing, we will see to it that Hafsah is the last Clysperi soul unjustly imprisoned in foreign lands at the hands of the godless."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2021, 10:15:12 AM »

Pharaoh Akasha Announces Military Modernization Effort

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re announced a grand effort to modernize the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces while improving Clysperi infrastructure and industrial capacity.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has set forth an ambitious agenda for the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces which "will see the complete and total modernization of the RCAF, moulding it into a fighting force capable of holding back any threat which may face the Kingdom of Clysperis or Midaranye as a whole." These plans include the indigenous production of new vehicles and armaments, as well as the procurement of foreign military armaments which are deemed to be 'a more immediate need than can be provided for by indigenous measures alone.' While the Pharaoh declined to provide substantial details regarding potential partners being considered for any procurement arrangement she highlighted the Tamoran Empire as a "principle partner" of the Kingdom.

"We have already seen vast cooperation between the armed forces of Clysperis and Tamora, thus I am confident that looking to Tamora for solutions to our most immediate needs is the best course of action. Rebuilding the Royal Clysperi Navy, along with our Air Force, will go a long way toward ensuring the Kingdom is capable of standing alongside the Empire in the holy duty of protecting Midaranye from foreign threats, dissuading foreigners from seeking their imperialist adventures in our lands. These are matters which I shall be discussing with the Empire in the days to come, after which I shall have more details to share with the Clysperi People as we make progress upon this most vital of efforts."

The effort will be accompanied by what is being hailed as one of the largest infrastructure programs in Clysperi history. "As efforts continue to see the completion of Setri, all across Clysperis we will begin to see programs designed to raise the entirety of the Kingdom into the 21st century and beyond. New roads, rail lines, domestic and international airports, coupled with an increase in the capacity of our existing ports and electric grid, will see standards of living rise across the Kingdom. Increased industrial capacity, coupled with the industrious spirit of the People who built those great Pyramids which stand today as they did so long ago, will compete with established economies across Mundus which are known for their inefficiencies, regulations and overbearing tax burdens. Clysperis will be a place where business shall thrive, establishing the Kingdom as the principle northern hub of commerce and industrial production."

In other foreign developments the Pharaoh has reportedly extended an invitation to Altromine to dispatch a delegation to Khemnen Palace to bring about an end to the lingering silence between the two states. Khemnen Palace has declined to speak of the developments, stating that "should Clysperis host a delegation from Altromine the Vizier will be the first to inform the Clysperi People of such a development. Until then, the Palace offers no comment on what is, at present, speculation."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »

The Midaranye Schism: The Clysperi-Seleucid Division

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re spoke of the schism between Clysperis and Royal Seleucid, offering a respectable path forward for King Heydar.

The dream of a united Midaranye, one which sees our states placing the work of our common defense against the blatant and continuous assaults of the Occident against the Orient before petty regional differences, seems to exist as little more than a day dream as of late. As we have seen time and again it is all too easy to give into those petty differences, a tendency which is woefully prevalent amongst Midaranye as it is in any other region upon Mundus. It is no great secret that the Kingdom of Clysperis holds little trust or faith in the Emirate of Royal Seleucid just as it is common knowledge that the Emirate sees in Clysperis, and myself, a prop to utilize when easy political points are required by the Saters. Whilst I have had strong and forceful words for King Heydar, those words have come in cases where I believe that the actions of Royal Seleucid have been taken at the expense of the greater good of Midaranye, as well as those which the position of Midaranye have seemingly not even figured into the plans hatched by the King.

Despite the great differences between Clysperis and Royal Seleucid, despite the reckless and dangerous actions of King Heydar in the past, I extended unto him more than one different olive branch, each of which received a snub from King Soyboy. Purposely maligning my words and intentions while undoubtedly knowing the truth behind them to play politics is not a move of strength but one which drips of weakness: often times, throughout history, when a leader is domestically weak they shall seek a foreign target with which to distract their people from their own shortcomings. While this is a tactic we've seen displayed throughout the years by the Occident it is most disappointing to see it so openly embraced by a fellow Midaranye state. In those times which King Heydar had an opportunity to act in a way which forwarded the interests of Royal Seleucid while preserving the interests of Midaranye the King failed in the latter: to Heydar, Midaranye is little more than a set of tools in the pursuit of the objectives of Royal Seleucid.

Take for instance the long-lived dispute between Royal Seleucid and the Iwi, a member of the CNN. While Clysperis would have been happy to support the cause of the Seleucid in their grievances against the Iwi if King Heydar had approached the situation with logic and reason we instead witnessed the Seleucid commit an act of piracy against a member of one of the most powerful military alliances on the face of Mundus, placing the entirety of Midaranye in the crosshairs of jeopardy in the process. Instead of owning up to his miscalculation when that vessel was destroyed by the Iwi King Heydar instead played himself as the victim. We all fight the forces of the Occident, but when one invites the Occident to bloody his nose and acts with surprise when they oblige his challenge, it shows just whom is the fool in that scenario.

All the Kingdom had asked of the Emirate in that instance is that, in the future, it would take into consideration the implications and potential for harm that its actions may have on other states in Midaranye; that request went unanswered.

We then have the countless examples of King Heydar maligning my words against the Helusians, words which were clearly directed at the leadership of Helusian states who utilized their faith as justification for their foreign adventures, with King David himself stating he had a "dream" for Midaranye relayed to him by his gods. I have made clear I have no quarrel with a follower of the Cult, however at the same time I can criticize the actions of Helusian leaders who use their faith in the pursuit of their imperialist ambitions. Instead of recognizing the truth of that sentiment King Heydar instead twisted my words and sought to paint me as a bigot. I tell you here today, no matter how loudly the mad King shouts my words without proper context and tainted with his ignorance, it will not bring an end to the existence of the Celtic Protectorate and shows those who do understand the meaning behind my words that even here in Midaranye, snakes live amongst us who would set their kin to a trap to save their own skin.

I have attempted to grant King Heydar the dignity of a private apology, to set relations between the Kingdom and the Emirate upon the right track without spite, and those intents have been squandered by the King each time they have been offered. Only when King Heydar recognizes where he has been wrong, only when he has apologized for those actions he has taken which are beneath the dignity of a Midaranye monarch, shall I forgive him for the transgressions he has engaged in against the Kingdom of Clysperis and myself personally. I shall no longer accept the fragility of his ego to open this Kingdom to his unwarranted attacks, nor shall I allow it to impose upon me a blame which is not mine to bear. The Seleucid King chose to impose this schism upon Midaranye, and until the day he chooses to own this blame and take those actions which are his responsibility as a man, I shall refuse to coddle him. He may either take responsibility for his shortcomings, or take the route of the coward and further himself down this disreputable hole.

There is yet hope, that the remainder of Midaranye, in the absence of Seleucid action to address their shortcomings, may bind themselves together to forward the interests of our region and progress the defense of our region from all threats. We already see the Kingdom driving to modernize its infrastructure and military to ensure it may stand alongside our Tamoran brothers and sisters as a guardian for the security and stability of Midaranye. To you I say today, I shall never malign another Midaranye head of state as I have been maligned by the Seleucid King, and just as I picked through the rubble and painted over the blemishes left by those who hate without reason, I shall always be your friend and when the worst of days are visited upon you, I shall suffer alongside you but, also, I shall rise alongside you. We must remember, in times of strife, those who look out for themselves first and those who will willingly suffer alongside us in our darkest of days.

Midaranye must align itself for the future, not for the benefit of one of us, but the benefit of all of us. I pray that all of our states make the right decision.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2021, 08:04:15 AM »

The Midaranye Schism: The Pharaoh Responds To The King

"All it takes is a moment for him to swallow his pride, recognize the manners in which he has been wrong, and respond to them as a man of Midaranye, and as a relative of the Safavid Family he so proudly proclaims his links to."

Pharaoh Akasha took a moment to speak with CSMC in regards to recent remarks from King Heydar of Royal Seleucid. Her remarks are as follows:

"While King Heydar says he would be "pleased" to see Clysperis join in the broader co-operation he has spoken of, and while I will recognize the actions of his state during the Clysperi war against terrorism, the King has failed in other areas in proving these sentiments to be true. The King, with purpose and method, mischaracterized my words on the threat of Helusian-inspired imperialist actions against Midaranye despite my words being directed at Helusian leaders such as King David of East Moreland and King Andrew of Seaforth. Let it not soon be forgotten that King Andrew saw fit to intervene in a most direct manner in the internal affairs of the Kingdom of Clysperis. Meanwhile, let us also not forget the words of King David regarding our beloved Midaranye, that dream which Helus has for our region:

Quote from: King David
Midaranye is a major area of concern for the world. As such I will today be signing the following orders for our government, security forces and military. First, that only humanitarian aid is permitted to be given to Tamora, no goods or services other than those required to relieve human suffering may be sent. In terms of imports from Tamora only goods bearing the Freestone Mark may be brought to East Moreland...A Midaranye that is free of slavery, religious intolerance and nuclear weapons would be the dream of Helus and we must work to try and bring such a thing about.

"I have never slighted Cultists, however I have been clear and consistent that one may criticize those who utilize their faith as a pretext for imperialist ventures across Mundus. Are we to ignore the fact that King David used his remarks upon the Feast of Helus to strike at the Tamoran Empire in a display of naked religious and cultural intolerance? Are we to ignore the words of the King which are a direct affront to the Prophet Mani, as well as the countless Manists who live throughout Midaranye? Are we to accept the dream of Helus for Midaranye as our guiding star, as the path we are supposed to follow? Is Midaranye truly a 'major area of concern', or is it that a region upon Mundus which does not ascribe to the liberal world view of powers such as East Moreland is a threat to their idealized views for a world which does not need, nor one which asked, for them to "save" us?"

"While the King is foolish in his actions abroad which bring undue threat upon the broader Midaranye region as evidenced in Heydar's Folly with the Iwi, he is not so foolish as to not see the truth behind my words, nor to be blind to their intended targets. I understand the situation he's been handed quite clearly; he's a population of Cultists within his nation, Royal Seleucid has a past which it must come fully to terms with, so a neighbour who is not afraid to call out the actions and ambitions of the likes of King David and King Andrew must be a godsend of a boogeyman figure with which to utilize in his quest to win the support of Cultists within his nation. It's an understandable ambition, but one which yet again cedes the greater good of Midaranye for pursuits of the Seleucid King. He may say all he wishes how he has never seen fit "to even attempt to degrade a monarch of another nation"; however he has done all of that, if not in name then through utilizing me as a prop in his petty domestic political games I spoke of the other day. The Seleucid King knows his position with Cultists within his nation is weak so, as we've seen countless times throughout history, he has found a target beyond his borders where he may direct their gaze, attention and ire. It is a fool's errand."

"I never asked for Clysperi inclusion in either Blue or the KHELPS, neither of which addresses in any meaningful manner the distrust which the Kingdom holds in the true objectives of the Emirate. If King Heydar is truly interested in mending the damage he has done to Midaranye unity, if he wishes to see a day where the Kingdom of Clysperis and the Emirate of Royal Seleucid may sit at the same table, all I have asked for is an apology and a recognition of those actions the Emirate has taken at the expense of the greater interests of Midaranye; a pledge that the Emirate would take into consideration the potential fallout its actions may have on our broader region before committing to foreign actions. There has been no hidden meaning behind my words, and it is disappointing that the King seemingly needs this spelled out for him. All it takes is a moment for him to swallow his pride, recognize the manners in which he has been wrong, and respond to them as a man of Midaranye, and as a relative of the Safavid Family he so proudly proclaims his links to, would have long before things reached this point. All I ask of the King is to be a man, recognize his failings, and deal with them."

"Clysperis recognizes that, before all others, our bonds to Midaranye come first. While my nation descended into terrorist-inspired chaos let us not forget that King Heydar criticized my use of social media to maintain a direct line of communication, not only with my own People, but those throughout Midaranye that the King spoke of my silence on such platforms before adding "While the unity of Seleucid increases it seems the Clysperis nation is happy to fight itself." His first instinct was not what was best for Clysperis or Midaranye as a whole, it was but another aspect of his domestic public relations campaign to direct the ire of his People against the woman standing against not only terrorists who defiled a Mosque, but also those beasts who beat Manists and then attempted to drown them. One apology, one recognition of wrong, and I promise a fresh page shall be shown to the Seleucid. Until King Heydar can recognize he need not degrade me in name but through other means, until a day dawns where he cannot condemn the adversaries of the Tamoran Empire without fear, and until a day he cannot stand as a Midaranye man and address properly his shortcomings, that page shall not be turned. I shall pray he does not disappoint and we may move beyond this state of affairs of his own creation."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2021, 11:53:52 PM »

Pharaoh In Achkaerin Amid Regioal Tensions

The withdrawal of foreign forces from Clysperis and the situation surrounding Parbhani are expected to be discussed, according to Khemnen Palace.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re touched down in Midvale earlier this afternoon for a series of talks with the Holy Empire on a wide range of issues, principle amongst them the remaining foreign forces on Clysperi soil and the rapidly developing situation with Parbhani that has raised regional tensions in recent days. Speaking with CSMC briefly before departing her plane the Pharaoh addressed a few questions before joining her Achkaerinese counterparts for discussions.

"The Royal Government expects the question of when foreign forces depart the Kingdom to be answered before my return," the Pharaoh said before leaving her plane. "We have defeated the terrorists, Clysperis is rebuilding and life is returning to normal across our lands. While we are grateful for the assistance against the forces of terror the time is at hand for Clysperis to complete the work which has been started. It is time for these brave men and women to return home, to see their families, and leave with a sense of pride that when evil rose up, they faced it and served the greater good of justice."

When asked of Parbhani the Pharaoh stated that the "Royal Government is watching the situation closely. We remain concerned that anonymous powers, who for all we know could hail far from the shores of our region, are being invited to tackle this situation. We've no assurances that their presence will actually be of any benefit, nor if they possess the capability and experience to do what is being asked of them. Meanwhile, Parbhani has neighbours who may have been better positioned to work with them on building a foundation for lasting peace. These matters will be discussed with Achkaerin and, hopefully, I may hold more answers upon my return to the Kingdom."

The Pharaoh is expected to be in Midvale for the next three days. During her absence the Vizier and Prince Nasser are expected to conduct the day-to-day operations of Khemnen Palace.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2021, 09:59:43 AM »

Pharaoh Downplays Risk To Khemnen-Djerb Relationship

The Manist Temple in Setri, Clysperis, is the largest such temple outside of the borders of the Tamoran Empire.

Speaking from her private quarters during her visit to the Holy Empire Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re called rumors that the differing positions displayed by Khemnen and Djerb would result in a souring of relations between Clysperis and Tamora.

"The Clysperi-Tamoran relationship is unique, even moreso than other self-proclaimed unique relationships elsewhere on Mundus. We follow different faiths, yet our own faith has recognized Manism as a peer faith to our own, Kemenism. Our peoples have spilled blood together several times in the interests of Clysperi freedom and sovereignty, a commitment of Djerb's which is represented today by Tamoran forces being stationed within the Kingdom for the joint defense of Midaranye. I have yet to mention my beloved fiance, who has already proven himself worthy of wearing the crown of a Clysperi King over the course of our war against terrorism. So while some within our Kingdom may fret at a Djerb-Ispus joint declaration and what that means given Clysperis' stated concern of anonymous actors being invited to the region, I can sleep soundly tonight knowing that the ties which bind the Clysperi and Tamorans are strong and this scenario won't even stand as a test against those ties."

The Pharaoh's remarks came as the largest Manist temple ouside of Tamora was officially opened in the City of Setri, itself 75% complete in its construction. Great Ayatollah Mahmood Talyarkhan was joined by the Vizier who led a delegation from Khemnen Palace to commemorate the occasion. "In the heart of Setri, set on a majestic bank, sits the Manist Temple of Setri, the largest such temple to exist outside of the borders of the Tamoran Empire. This Kingdom, and our Pharaoh, will never forget the vast contributions to the Clysperi nation made by Clysperi-Manists. We join with our Manist brothers and sisters in celebrating the opening of this Temple," he spoke in Parthian and Clysperi.

Pharaoh Akasha, while not present for the opening, shared with CSMC her joy in the occasion. "In the most modern city throughout the Kingdom sits a most beautiful and awe-inspiring Temple, representative of that faith which we recognize as a peer to that of our own. Whereas less civilized nations have fought over differences of faith we have shown that such differences are of no concern; indeed, we have seen that Manism is a faith we recognize as a Peer to our own in upholding principle and order. I look forward to the first opportunity that I have to visit this beautiful and monumental construct."

In developing news a Clysperi submarine has been reported as declaring its allegiance to the Confederation of Clysperis after a mutiny took place upon the boat. Initial reports indicate that Achkaerinese vessels are assisting Clysperis in ensuring the rogue submarine poses no threat to regional waters or shipping lanes.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2021, 11:48:42 PM »

Pharaoh Visits Setri Upon Completion

Setri, which has been hailed as the new economic capital of Clysperis, was declared completed by Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re toured the City of Setri proclaiming "the City of Dreams, Setri, is open for business. What was once an expanse of desert has been transformed into one of the most modern cities anywhere in Midaranye. We welcome businesses from across Mundus to take advantage of the Clysperi Special Economic Zone centred around Setri. Combined with the Clysperi Mercantile Registry I feel that these will make Setri the preferred port in the Gulf of Safraen and the northern gateway into Midaranye. I will be working with my neighbours and partners to ensure adequate infrastructure to support the movement of goods and materials through Clysperis and into the broader Midaranye economy, further eliminating any fees imposed by the Kingdom for such transport across those borders."

While touring Setri Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re visited the new Assembly of Nomes building. "Some organs of the Royal Government wished to establish their operations in Setri, requests which I have been happy to approve. In addition to the Assembly of Nomes the Royal Treasury and others will be housed in Setri. Naturally Khemnen remains the principle seat of political power in the Kingdom and I would have no interests in abandoning the Palace. Its history, serving as the seat of power since the formation of Clysperis, will not be abandoned. We are however looking at many improvements to be made in and around Khemnen to see that it has the same support, in infrastructure and utilities, as the City of Dreams does."

Some governmental institutions, such as the Assembly of Nomes (pictured above), have been granted permission by the Pharaoh to be based in Setri.

The People of Clysperis have celebrated the completion of Setri, which the Pharaoh has said will "serve as a guide for our modernization of older cities across the Kingdom. Higher living standards, greater paying jobs and increased security for our People is the reward we have claimed for ourselves following the defeat of the Disgraced. It is my hopes that we will, in the coming weeks and months, see foreign businesses establish operations in Setri to take advantage of a growing and dynamic Midaranye market. This will be accompanied by the establishment of the Setri Securities and Stock Exchange (SSSE) as well as existing initiatives to ensure that foreign operations establishing themselves in Clysperis have every incentive to do so."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2021, 03:12:51 PM »

Pharaoh Mandates Employee Ownership

The Pharaoh sees the measures as benefiting not only Clysperi workers but also the present Clysperi economic expansion.

Pharaoh Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has issued a Decree mandating that Clysperi businesses to begin transitioning to employee ownership. "By the end of 2022 it shall be mandated that Clysperi businesses shall reserve at least 50% of their shares to be distributed to their employees. It is my belief that employee ownership will ensure that Clysperi businesses make decisions which benefit those in their employ and will serve as a cornerstone in the Clysperi economic revival. We are also seeing, in the Southern Lands, the establishment of worker cooperatives which have shown an ability to compete with more traditional business models. Take for example the Nemphis Agricultural Cooperative which has rose in the post-war period as a top 3 performer in the Clysperi agricultural sector."

Recent reports from the Ministry for the Economy shows not only that wages are rising throughout the Kingdom, but also estimates GDP growth for the present year could trend as high as 7%, with more conservative estimates calling for 5% growth. "The path the Kingdom is on is one of growth and prosperity, and I intend to see that this prosperity is owned by and benefits the Clysperi people. We've seen images of the super wealthy blasted across screens alongside the Rokkenjiman Crown Princess seeing the need to address the nutritional needs of disadvantaged Tytorians. When you can have such an accumulation of wealth while having people starving in the streets it points to a system which, quite frankly, is broken."

The left-leaning measures caused some Clysperi conservatives to air concerns, remembering the days of the Soviet occupation of the Kingdom. "We are not advocating for a Socialist model for the Clysperi economy," the Pharaoh was quick to point out, "however, we must have an equitable playing field where no Clysperi worker goes hungry or isn't fully and fairly compensated for their work. Placing a large portion of ownership of Clysperi businesses in the hands of those very workers is one method we have to ensure that goal. If we are to rise it shall be equally, we shall not merely concentrate Clysperis' wealth in the hands of a select few."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2021, 10:17:59 PM »

Pharaoh Hails Setri As Monument Of Our Times

People's Park, City of Setri

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has hailed the City of Setri as "a monument of our times, one which will stand as the Pyramids and Sphynx, a testament to the moment which Clysperis reclaimed its position amongst the community of nations. For too long we lived in the shadow of the Godless Soviets, then on the generosity of our neighbours, yet today we stand upon our own two feet building cities which surpass those we see across the Occident. While much attention has been lavished upon Setri projects are underway across the Kingdom bringing Clysperi cities up to new standards, raising not only the standard of living enjoyed by the Clysperi but also providing jobs across the Kingdom. Combined with infrastructure projects taking place across the Kingdom and increased activity from Clysperi businesses in the post-war environment we are looking at an economic growth rate north of 5% for this fiscal year."

"To my fellow Clysperi, this is the first of many years to follow of Clysperi growth and rebirth. The Clysperi Special Economic Zone will see increased foreign trade pass through the Kingdom, enabling entrance into the Midaranye market at rates lower than they would be otherwise. Businesses may establish themselves and see instant advantages working in the Midaranye region, however we will not be dependent upon foreigners for our riches, just as we haven't been dependent upon them in the past. We've seen the capacity for spending amongst Clysperi across the economy grow following the conclusion of the conflict unlocking a reservoir of spending which is impacting the Clysperi economy across the board. Our future is very much in our hands and with each passing day that future shines brighter."

Education is another focus of the Clysperi reconstruction roadmap, with both standard and post-secondary educational institutions receiving greater funds from the Royal Government. Enrollments are up in universities across the Kingdom and while figures aren't available for the fields of study being pursued the Royal Government is confident that a new generation of Clysperi students are preparing themselves for a future in which they may "further enrich the Kingdom with their knowledge, ideas and efforts."

In other developments Pharaoh Akasha is set to unveil a new diplomatic roadmap for the Kingdom before the next Assembly of Nomes, laying out her agenda for "a renewed and focused Clysperi foreign agenda which will see Clysperi interests strengthened and protected globally."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2021, 04:42:04 AM »

Pharaoh Invites Midaranye, Northern Dignitaries To Setri

The Pharaoh has issued an invitation to our Midaranye and Northern neighbours to visit the City of Setri.

Having spent the past week in the City of Setri Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has invited dignitaries from all Midaranye states, as well as fellow Northern states, to visit the City of Setri. "It is my hopes that in extending this invitation we may showcase what Setri has to offer to our neighbours, to forge new business relationships that will serve to enrich our states mutually, as well as forging ties of cooperation and friendship between our Peoples. With the conflict behind us and recovery progressing most swiftly the Kingdom may focus more attention and energies upon affairs beyond our borders. Forging renewed ties with our closest neighbours is a top priority of the Kingdom as we move beyond the conflict, thus it is only fitting to do so in a setting in which we may see the future of Clysperis."

"Although our nations are removed from the centre of Mundus I feel that our nations have much to offer the world around us," the Pharaoh continued. "From ancient civilizations rich in culture and tradition to a work force which are some of the hardest workers anywhere in Mundus, there is a wealth of untapped potential across the North. Through expanding cooperation between our governments on a variety of issues and through building friendships which will ensure cordial and productive relationships between our nations we may begin to realize that potential, and more. As Clysperis re-introduces itself to the world at large in this new era our hopes to forge friendship and understanding with those nations closest to us is a top priority of the Kingdom and I look forward to welcoming our guests in the City of Setri in the coming days."

"As our Kingdom makes clear that it stands upon its own two feet and reaffirms that it shall never hesitate to act in the promotion of its values and principles, a reintroduction is necessary. There are many misconceptions about the Kingdom, some of which are spun by misguided boys wearing the clothing of Kings, however we shall not allow those words to define the Kingdom, nor shall we preclude them from the opportunity for redemption. My door remains open to those who wish for a future of cooperation and cordiality, to work toward creating rather than destroying. We shall see if these sentiments are shared by certain individuals, or if they prove they are naked despite the King's clothing they wear."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2021, 09:08:23 AM »

Pharaoh Joined By Prince In Setri, Declare Era Of Evolution

Prince Naser has joined the Pharaoh in Setri, where the couple also announced their wedding date.

Joining the Pharaoh in Setri Prince Naser stood beside his fiancé as she proclaimed "a path to realize the vison set forth by my father, Ramses V." The Pharaoh declared that she had presented "the largest proposal in a generation" for discussion within the Council of Nomes as well as before the Priesthood. "My father saw the wealth of our culture as something worth preserving, yet he also saw that a culture which does not evolve grows stagnant, eroding just as certainly as a rock does when faced with the constant stream of time. Therefore I, Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, have proposed what is the roadmap to the future of our Kingdom, one which honours our culture and allows it to live for the Clysperi People of today."

"As generations preceded us we have learned more than our forefathers could have in their lifetimes and, just as you and I breathe, so too does Ma'at. I have proposed to the Priesthood and Council of Nomes that the sentence of indentured servitude is no longer in line with the preservation of Ma'at; instead, I shall instruct our judges to replace it in their sentences with service to the communities where crimes take place. These new punishments shall take the form of removing litter, serving in cat shelters, volunteering services to disadvantaged members of the public, amongst others. The price of crimes shall no longer be measured in the restoration of currency values, but in what has been taken from the community by the crime committed. For offenses involving theft, restitution shall remain available as no Clysperi should be denied the fruits of their labour by crime."

"I also believe that the Uppsala Convention is a mechanism of Ma'at as, even in the hell that is war, we must hold ourselves to a higher standard, care must be taken to protect innocent lives and respect must be shown to our adversaries; this is why I have signed the Convention on behalf of the Kingdom of Clysperis. As shown in our conduct during the war against the Disgraced the Uppsala Convention would impose nothing upon our Kingdom that would hamper our conduct. Just look to the fate of the Disgraced, condemned to death by burning as prescribed by our own laws, by an Uppsala Court. Unlike many Treaties which I believe violate the very sovereignty of the nations who sign them, Uppsala ensures a manifestation of justice even in the darkest shadows of war."

"Finally, having proven themselves pure of heart and servants of Ma'at much like us, even if they may call upon it differently, the Kingdom of Clysperis shall move forward with the plans of Ramses V in establishing a firm friendship between the Kingdom of Clysperis and the Holy Empire of Achkaerin. When I became aware of the path Ramses V had been pursuing with our Northern neighbours prior to his assassination I was overcome; his foresight and knowledge eclipsed mine; perhaps it is thus little wonder that I followed in his footsteps toward Valtheim in our darkest hour. The Achkaerinese have proven themselves against every test  I have presented, thus with any lingering doubts removed today we resume the work of Ramses V in embarking upon the path of friendship with the Holy Empire who, without requirement, have stood at our side before."

Taking pause the Pharaoh smiled as she looked to Prince Naser, "The Prince and I have selected the 27th of this month for our wedding however..." "However," Prince Naser resumed, "we have made the decision to have one ceremony: a Clysperi ceremony. While I cannot claim Clysperi soil as my native soil in the time I have spent here, like so many Tamorans before me, Clysperi soil has welcomed me to call it home. I wish to protect this Kingdom and stand aside Akasha, seeing that her dreams and the dreams of the Clysperi People can be realized. It is with great thought and consideration that upon my wedding day I will convert to the Kemetic Faith, a sister faith to Manism, and tie my future to Akasha and my home, Clysperis."

The couple did not take questions, however, Khemnen Palace confirmed that they would be granting a sit-down interview sometime before their wedding. The Council of Nomes refused comment stating it was "too soon" to offer public word on the proclamations of the Pharaoh, whilst the Priesthood stated the proclamations were "being reviewed, however, our High Priest has spoken and these matters may thus be considered largely resolved."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2021, 07:28:56 PM »

Lodja Being Held Together By Coercion

"When the State must hold itself together through coercion it has lost much, if not all, of its legitimacy."

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re took a moment to speak with CSMC regarding the ongoing crisis in Lodja, which the Pharaoh has called "a manifestation of the problems foisted upon the world by the Occident." Her remarks are available in full below, as well as her concerns regarding the Heyran Republic.

"We see in Lodja the state attempting to hold itself together through coercion," the Pharaoh sighed, "first with the brutal suppression of the peaceful Socialist Student Union, then the bombing of Rakalin and now the implementation of curfews, limits on gatherings, so-called 'Social Control Zones', amongst other measures. When the State must hold itself through coercion it has lost much, if not all, of its legitimacy. I'm not saying that Leopold is legitimate, one can recognize that Queen Klara is losing legitimacy without conferring any legitimacy upon him. However, when tragedy struck Clysperis and the Disgraced raised his arms against my Government, I did not impose restrictions upon my People nor did I hide. When the terrorists struck at one of our mosques I made sure I was there to help in any manner I could to see it restored, I walked amongst my People, listened to their concerns and made sure that they knew their Pharaoh was in this fight alongside them."

"The Queen cannot solve the issues plaguing her nation via force of arms and restrictions," the Pharaoh continued, "but only through listening to her People and elevating their concerns higher in the halls of power. Addressing the systemic roots of this discord, rather than meeting any and all deviations from popular opinion with coercion, would build a stronger and more cohesive Lodja, yet we see a Queen who is content to view a portion of her subjects as her adversaries. Squashing opportunities for public discourse and dispatching security forces whilst holding herself behind walls instead of being an active participant on the behalf of her People is disappointing, however, not unexpected. The moment of transformation in Lodja, of a set of circumstances which could improve the quality of life available to the Lodjan People, is passing by with the only Occidental nation having spoken out on the brutality of the Lodjan regime being the Rokkenjimans."

"I do believe if what we're seeing in Lodja were happening in a state here in Midaranye the Morelanders would have invaded long ago, backed by their cohorts in the CNN to the lavishing praises of the world. As we've seen time and again in the past, however, when one is a member of the CNN they have carte blanche to throw every principle they supposedly stand for to the wind. Those with arms and the authority are the law, and mercy be with anyone who may deviate from what the State tells them is acceptable. It is but tyranny of thoughts and the mind, yet Midaranye is looked at with derision by these supposedly enlightened powers?"

The Pharaoh also noted her "great concern" over the situation enveloping the Heyran Republic, and Elysium specifically. "This has been a situation which I have discussed at length with Prince Naser and both of us are shocked by the developments which have taken place. That Elysium could come under attack in this manner, surrounded by the Tamoran Empire, is a matter which has prompted great discussion and debate within Khemnen Palace and the Assembly of Nomes. Things like this, simply, are not supposed to happen here and the fact that we did not see this coming is most concerning. Naturally, if the Kingdom may be of any assistance I am pleased to offer my assistance having seen what conflict can do to your homeland. All Midaranye states must also work together to see that this chaos does not throw the entire region into turmoil."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2021, 06:47:32 AM »

Assembly Of Nomes, Priesthood Approve Pharaoh's Path

The Assembly of Nomes offered no resistance to the Pharaoh's calls for evolution.

The Assembly of Nomes and Priesthood offered no resistance to the changes called for by Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re. While their agreement was not necessary for the measures to proceed Khemnen Palace felt that seeking their blessings was an "important step" to ensuring the successful application of the changes to Clysperi law. These changes include the replacement of indentured servitude with service to the community where a crime is committed and the Pharaoh's signature upon the Uppsala Convention as well as a path to closer relations between the Kingdom of Clysperis and the Holy Empire of Achkaerin. From this day hence forth, judges shall impose sentences of community service in the place of indentured servitude whilst all members of the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces shall act within the confines of the Uppsala Convention. The CSMC notes that the RCAF acted within the confines of the Convention prior to the Pharaoh's signature.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re also granted those presently serving sentences of indentured servitude clemency, releasing them from servitude "with immediate effect. I have taken all the debts owed to those impacted by crimes upon myself personally, checks shall be mailed out to those currently being served by an indentured servant and these men and women may return to their families and homes at this very moment. Those who are being served by indentured servants and refuse their release shall face charges before my courts as necessary."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2021, 08:27:57 AM »

Pharaoh Discusses Fleur's Ridiculous Lies And Fantasies

"We have neither need nor want for the opinion of the Arrogant Republic, so drunk upon itself that it has lost all sight of the world which exists around it."

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re sat down for a brief interview with the CSMC regarding recent comments made by the Republic of Fleur regarding the Kingdom. Her remarks are available in full below.

"The Arrogant Republic has displayed its ignorance for the whole of Mundus to bear witness to, levying accusations while continuing to portray mistruths about the Kingdom to the world at large. The Royal Clysperi Armed Forces committed no inhumane acts during the defense of the Kingdom from the forces of terror unleashed by Nekhtou the Disgraced, nor were any war crimes committed; this is something which has been confirmed as fact. While the forces of the Disgraced hung my People from lampposts, beat, murdered and raped my People, desecrated sacred places of worship while killing the Faithful within, and sold our cultural heritage to the highest bidder the defenders of the Kingdom protected my People and treated the terrorists with far more respect and decency than they showed to their victims. What need do we have for some Albionic Republic, one that wished for us to negotiate with terrorists, to say anything regarding our Kingdom? Why does this Republic seek to disparage the Kingdom in every breath it takes, to diminish what we as a People and Nation are building?"

"I say to you now we have neither need nor want for the opinion of the Arrogant Republic, so drunk upon itself that it has lost all sight of the world which exists around it. I challenge the Arrogant Republic to produce independently verified evidence of the charges it continues to levy against the Kingdom of Clysperis and to provide proof of the claims it continues to make in ignorance. Show us pictures of Clysperi Forces committing war crimes, show us hard and indisputable evidence of my Forces acting in contravention of the Agreements and pledges it made to abide by Uppsala, produce just one shred of tangible evidence. You shall not, because you simply cannot, and thus the lies shall continue to pour forth from the Arrogant Republic. Even the Empire of Daitō was capable of swallowing its pride in the retraction of its fallacious statements regarding the Kingdom; I shall not hold my breath on the capacity of humility within the Arrogant Republic to do the same. The Arrogant Republic has but two options: either justify itself, or remain silent."

"As for my People, how dare this distant Republic speak of my People in such a disparaging manner? Is the present economic situation difficult? Yes, but it is improving for Clysperi across the economic board. Even in our present hardships I can say with all confidence that no Clysperi stomach goes to bed wanting for food, as the Royal Stores ensure that each Clysperi family is provided for. Our producers pay their taxes by way of a portion of what they produce, such as staple foods, which I have long distributed to Clysperi families, whether it be in times of national strife or in times of peace where our People have fallen upon difficult times. How many stomachs go hungry in Fleur on a daily basis? What does the Arrogant Republic do for its citizens who are worse off than those born into wealth and luxury? Does their President see that the nutritional needs of the People are met regardless of their capacity to purchase food?"

"My Kingdom is on a path which is improving the quality of life for all Clysperi, whether they be rich in material items and currency or not. I am devising plans and programs to see that former indentured servants are able to hone their skills and re-enter the work force with a competitive advantage, I am working to see that they have access to housing and programs which will help them establish a new life for themselves. I shall not, and my Kingdom shall not, be struck aside from this path by the inconsequential assessment of a Republic halfway across the world, nor shall I be lectured upon the conduct of war by a nation which practically demanded me to negotiate with terrorists a place in the future governance of the Kingdom. If the Republic has no evidence to back up its claims, against my Kingdom or the Holy Empire, it would do both itself and the world at large a great service by simply shutting up on matters it knows nothing of."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2021, 07:05:56 PM »

Pharaoh Signs Onto MAEA, Seeks Nuclear Power Proposals

The Pharaoh announced the decision earlier today in a move which is aimed at ensuring a stable and future-proof electric grid.

The Kingdom of Clysperis has signed its second international agreement with Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re signing onto the Mundus Atomic Energy Agency. Speaking with CSMC the Pharaoh explained her reasons for Clysperis joining the MAEA, stating "ensuring safety and security when it comes to nuclear materials while ensuring that all materials are catalogued and accounted for are vital to the security of all nations. Having had the threat of nuclear destruction visit our region thanks to Slava Lavosk and Kravec the Crazed, the MAEA is a common sense agreement and framework in which we may all do something to prevent the misuse of nuclear materials or, worse, have them fall into the hands of the likes of terrorists."

The Pharaoh also put out a bid "for fellow members of the MAEA to meet with Clysperi officials to go over proposals for power plants. Utilizing a mixture of nuclear, solar, wind and geothermal sources the Clysperi grid is preparing itself for the future, in work initiated with the construction of Setri and reconstruction efforts across the Kingdom. "While we see some powers claiming the MAEA represents some cohort of entrenched nations in the international order I do not believe this to be the case. Much like the Uppsala Convention the MAEA seems to be a common sense measure in which all nuclear powers ensure broader security through cooperation on nuclear matters."

When asked why the Kingdom did not pursue a route similar to Lijiang, noting that sourcing materials outside the MAEA could be done, Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re shook her head. "Nuclear materials are not something to play games with, period. The Kingdom will not empower the trade of nuclear materials outside of the MAEA nor will it legitimize such transfers as they undermine nuclear security efforts. We saw the destruction possible thanks to powers who wished to harness the power of the gods for war; let us embrace this moment of sanity to ensure that path is never again walked upon."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2021, 09:05:47 AM »

Pharaoh Welcomes Emperor Peter To Clysperis

The Achkaerinese Emperor received a most regal welcome at Khemnen Palace.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re is hosting Emperor Peter Azurewind of the Holy Empire of Achkaerin for a series of diplomatic talks according to Khemnen Palace. "Following a productive meeting with Crown Princess Serenity it is my honour to welcome Emperor Peter to Khemnen Palace and our Kingdom for talks which will, Gods willing, see us set upon the path seen by my father," the Pharaoh shared with CSMC. "Time and again the Holy Empire has proven to be a fair and true friend, even with such formal designation not existing between our nations. I look forward to a productive series of discussions which see the Kingdom and Holy Empire start a long road of friendship and cooperation together."

The Emperor was greeted by the Pharaoh's elite Royal Guard upon touching down at Khemnen Palace, with the Pharaoh sharing with her People that "he [the Achkaerinese Emperor] and I spent several hours at my father's mortuary temple, where in his own words my Father had etched in stone his trust in those Northern stars. Together, the Emperor and I shall chart our course together as friends. Though we begin this path today it was my father, the great Ramses V, who set forth the vision for us to follow. I have no doubt in the trust he showed to Emperor Peter, proven in battle over the course of our conflict against the forces of evil and terror, and welcome the Emperor of the Holy Empire of Achkaerin as a friend in our lands. I have high hopes for our talks and look forward to what the future has for both of our Peoples."

While some have aired concerns that hosting the Achkaerinese Emperor would cause discord amongst Midaranye nations the Pharaoh scoffed at the notion. "Only those who are predestined to harbour biases against our Kingdom shall speak against this visit, and their opinions are most irrelevant. They may shout loudly, they may disparage us, they may accuse us of betrayal of our beloved Midaranye. Their protests shall ring as hollow as their word, however. It is not difficult for one to recognize a true friend, especially when they have proven themselves as the Achkaerinese have. I've no worries, only hopes for what the future holds for our Kingdom as we welcome our friends from the North to our lands."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2021, 09:54:20 AM »

The Defense Of Nemphis: Why It Was Crucial To Mundus

Intef, General of Armies spoke with CSMC recounting how the Common Defense League protected the Nemphis Nuclear Station from falling to terrorists.

"The defense of Nemphis saw the terrorists fail to acquire the metropolis and further consolidate their holdings in the Southern lands. The Common Defense League knew that maintaining the Clysperi Flag above Nemphis was important for many reasons," Intef shared, "chief amongst them the Nemphis Nuclear Station. Had the forces of Nekhtou gained access to the Nemphis Station and the materials present on site the potential for disaster here, and even abroad, would have been much greater. The CDL repelled nine separate attempts of forces loyal to Nekhtou to take the Station and I have few doubts as to their intentions in those attempts. Had we failed in protecting the Station, had we allowed it to be overrun by the terrorists, the acts which could have been committed with those materials are terrifying."

CDL forces worked in tandem with Achkaerinese air support in the Nemphis region to suppress some of the advances Nekhtou's forces attempted on the Nemphis Nuclear Station. "We informed our Achkaerinese partners of the importance of keeping Nemphis in Clysperi hands, especially the issue of nuclear materials housed at Nemphis. If the power plant itself wasn't turned into a bomb, certainly the materials stored on sight could be utilized in dirty bombs or other applications by the terrorists. Our joint operations ensured that no materials ended up in Nekhtou's hands, nor that the station itself was used against the Clysperi People. Had an event happened at the Nemphis Station large swaths of land in the South would have been rendered uninhabitable for generations to come."

"The will of God saw that our fighters stood strong against Nekhtou's hordes," Intef continued, "denying the enemy a resource which could have decidedly changed their fortunes. Had Nekhtou gained the ability to hold Clysperis and other powers hostage through nuclear blackmail we may not be having this conversation today. Nemphis stands whole and proud through the sacrifices of the CDL, our Tamoran brothers, and the assistance of the Achkaerinese Air Force in denying this vital ground to the terrorists. We shall maintain a vigilant eye over the Station until its potential to harm the Clysperi People and Kingdom no longer exists."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2021, 07:37:20 AM »

Khemnen Palace Amongst First To Hire Former Indentured Servants

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has been "honoured" to hire former servants, according to a recent report.

Khemnen Palace has announced the hiring of a number of former indentured servants to serve in several capacities for the Clysperi State, according to recent reports. From positions at the Palace itself to roles needing filled across the Royal Government former servants have attained well paying jobs in several open posts, part of the Pharaoh's program to re-integrate former servants into Clysperi society and offer them "a path to a life they were robbed of previously." 571 former indentured servants have been hired by the Royal Clysperi Government with future considerations being planned for openings in the coming years. "These are people who hold real skills," the Pharaoh shared with CSMC, "and to be able to have the opportunity to hire them to be a part of my team is truly an honour."

Khemnen Palace has also announced that the fund to compensate former beneficiaries of indentured servants has ended, with all funds remaining being earmarked towards payments to former indentured servants. "A large portion of the fund set aside by the Pharaoh has gone unclaimed beyond the mandated filing period, thus those remaining funds have been instead directed toward former servants to assist their transition to normal life," a government official shared on condition of anonymity.

"I am, by the charge of the gods, the guardian of our People," Akasha said before the nation in a televised statement. "The scales of justice weigh heavily against indentured servitude, with terms that can often be manipulated, and they have, throughout our history. I am looking forward to seeing former servants walk the halls of my Palace with the full dignity and respect they deserve, as humans and of course as Clysperi men and women, and I am pleased to pay them a wage appropriate for their skills. If we lift up the lowest of our (former) ranks, we lift all of us up. Together we, as Clysperi, are arising into a new era, and just as it should be all Clysperi men and women shall benefit."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2021, 09:09:34 AM »

Pharaoh Akasha: Clysperis Impervious To Soviet Shadow

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re and Pharaoh Seti Di-‘nh-mi-Re spoke with the press from Khemnen Palace.

"The Kingdom of Clysperis stands inviolable against any threat, domestic or foreign," Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re declared before the assembled press representatives aside her husband, Pharaoh Seti Di-‘nh-mi-Re. "We have met the Godless Soviets on the field of battle, vanquished them from our lands and have, since those times, maintained our sovereignty from them. While some within our nation have asked me why we have been precluded from a pact against any future Soviet expansionism I must proclaim today that I have no answers for them: we were neither invited or informed of the formation of the Pact to begin with despite having faced the full brunt of Soviet oppression and successfully overthrowing it. You would have to ask those participants in the talks why the inclusion of Clysperis was a matter which they did not consider," the Pharaoh continued.

"Tamoran forces were central in the Soviet eviction from Clysperis," Pharaoh Seti continued, "and it was our partnership with local Clysperi forces which saw the Soviet hold on these lands relinquished permanently. The Kingdom has continued to be a strong voice against the Godless Soviets since the chains were broken between Clysperis and the Soviets, with Pharaoh Akasha being a consistent voice against the Godless Soviets and their bastards in Kaitaine and Slava Lavosk. Arguably the forces of Clysperis and Tamora have, beyond the Theocracy, the greatest combat experience against the Soviets, in battles our forces won time and again. If they can move forward without our prowess, I wish them well, and promise that should a resurgent Soviet threat emerge the Kingdom would be prepared to aid them despite their exclusion of the Kingdom from their talks."

"The Kingdom exists outside of the Soviet shadow by the force of its own will," Pharaoh Akasha continued, "and no force on this world is strong enough to force that shadow back upon us. The Kingdom is securing its position against any adversary, whether domestic or foreign, to ensure that the Gods-given will of my People to live free and secure is guaranteed regardless of the measures or means necessary. No Clysperi shall live their lives as a slave to a foreign power, nor shall they toil in fields for the benefit of any foreigner. While I will not insult the efforts of my neighbours that our expertise and experiences have been discounted in their pursuit to counter any potential for future Soviet expansion is most disappointing."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2022, 07:49:15 PM »

Pharaoh Renounces Right To Slaves

"Each of us has a responsibility to extend to each person around us the treatment we, ourselves, wish for."

A right afforded to Pharaohs for generations, to take foreign prisoners of war as slaves, has been formally renounced by Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re. The move follows the abolishment of the system of indentured servitude throughout Clysperis last year and, in effect, outlaws slavery throughout the Kingdom. Speaking with CSMC the Pharaoh explained why she is renouncing this right and her personal views on slavery across Mundus.

"As you know I was amongst the first to hire former indentured servants to work here at the Palace," the Pharaoh spoke calmly. "At first you could see it in their eyes, the void where hope usually sparkles in one's eyes, the feeling of worthlessness, the dehumanization. I was reminded that in each set of eyes one sees the spark of divinity, that we are all travelers upon this little rock we call Mundus, and that gives each of us a responsibility to treat each other better. To extend to each person around us the treatment we, ourselves, wish for. Indentured servitude, slavery, anything which robs a life of its dignity and reflection of divinity is incompatible with Ma'at and stains the slaver with an injustice which will be addressed in the next life."

"Knowing this it was an easy decision to renounce a right no person upon Mundus truly has: to end a life. End a life, you may ask? Slaves have no control over their lives, their hopes and dreams are in chains just as much as their physical body is, and it's not uncommon for them to be set free of those chains on their own terms by taking their own lives. So I sat down with Seti, who's seen slavery first-hand, and we both came to an epiphany, and it is with the support of my husband that we usher in this new year by removing this lingering stain from Clysperis. No Clysperi shall live as a slave, and all shall have the same opportunity to thrive in their personal lives, and to be the masters of their destiny."

Reactions from the Tamoran Empire and the Manist Church in Clysperis were not available at time of press, however, reactions across much of Clysperis leaned toward supporting the position of the Pharaoh. "If it is the will of the Gods, who am I to question it?" one man said in Setri.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2022, 08:10:53 AM »

Manist Temple in Setri Declares Independence

The Manist Temple in Setri, Clysperis, the largest Manist temple outside of the borders of Tamora, has broken away.

Great Ayatollah Mahmood Talyarkhan has announced that the Manist Temple in Setri, the heart of Manism in Clysperis, has broken away. "After several meetings, countless hours and great debate we have reached a decision," the Great Ayatollah shared with CSMC. "We challenge certain beliefs practiced across the three branches of Manism and propose a fourth way: one that recognizes that slavery and serfdom have no place in the world with the advances humanity has made, through God's graces, that removes the necessity of an underclass for society to properly function, that women are the heart of any family and thus the source of sustenance for the family that need not need be ruled over, and thus women are just as independent and capable of men in leading the family and should not be subject to a patriarchal structure. Look at Clysperis, our leader is a strong woman, the leader of her own faith which recognized Manism as a peer faith, and Pharaoh Akasha is subservient to no male. None of the other three branches have an answer to this, thus we form the fourth branch of Manism: Contemporary Manism."

"We recognize Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re as a channel of divine inspiration," Great Ayatollah Mahmood Talyarkhan continued. "While some would view the idea of reform as blasphemy we recognize that, in nature, the only things which remain static and incapable of reform or evolution all rank amongst the dead. Contemporary Manism shall take its cues from the Pharaoh, a messenger of God who is this eras Prophet, and shall be ruled by the Council of Manism which will include myself at its head and the Ayatollahs of all Clysperi Manist temples who join us. I believe they will," he continued, "a thousand miles away from Djerb, are we to believe that God Almighty would leave us without a Prophet tailored to these lands, to our People? He would not, and he has not. The Pharaoh is a voice of justice who has received accolades from various voices in Tamora despite breaking the mold proposed by Manism, thus offering a de-facto recognition that some tenets of Manism are flexible."

It remains to be seen how many Manist Temples in Clysperis will join the fourth branch, Contemporary Manism, and those which will seek to forge closer ties with Manism in Tamora. Regardless, a new schism in Manism has developed and the Temple of Setri seems confident in the fourth branch, which has already seen support from Pharaoh Seti Di-‘nh-mi-Re. "Manism is not meant to be dead," he shared with the CSMC, "and those things which are incapable of movement or flexibility suffer from the rigor mortis only death can impart. Once again I may be a proud Manist and hail God, the teachings of his Prophet, and his emissary in Clysperis, Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2022, 06:20:57 AM »

This Must Be The Century Of The Midaranye Woman

Pharaoh Akasha and Pharaoh Seti spoke remotely with CSMC on the state of women's rights in Midaranye.

"I am one who has a broad platform, the ears of millions, the admiration of many," Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re said from Khemnen, "but none of that would be possible if I were born a woman in the Imperial Enclave of Tamora. My father or husband would be my legal guardian, I'd never of had a chance at an education as I wouldn't have been allowed to go to school, and driving? Women aren't allowed to have a license. Nor would I be allowed to leave the Kingdom without the permission of my guardian, and I'd be a mere dependent of my father or husband. While in Attica women are guaranteed equal rights all throughout the Tamoran Empire women live in between these extremes, some better off than others, and that doesn't sit quite right with me. Here I am, Pharaoh of a Kingdom, a woman just as any of those in Tamora, and I don't believe that my voice should be worth more than theirs."

Pausing, Akasha continued. "Across Midaranye the rights of women are seemingly an afterthought depending upon where you should be born. A woman born in the Kingdom of Clysperis has every opportunity to reach her full potential, she can go to school, she can drive, she can exist as an independent being of her father or husband and yes, she can drive." "As it should be," Pharaoh Seti chimed in, "women have just as much to offer our nation and culture as any man does. In any culture or history we can point to key points in which women made decisive choices, sacrifices, and showed true leadership which benefited their Peoples and Nations. To hold them as subservient to a man in any manner, it just doesn't make sense."

"Contemporary Manism challenges many of the views that are prevalent on women," Akasha continued. "In Clysperis any women can do what she sets her heart upon, and unlike Royal Seleucid, Clysperi girls aren't the property of anyone: they too can pursue whatever dreams call to their hearts. Unlike our neighbours men cannot collect harems either: patriarchal polygamy is an affront to the women of Midaranye and the reason why it's often defined as a cultural value of our region is because men wrote our past, and thus the rules we are all expected to live by. And I cannot abide a single day longer where I may live a life beyond those constraints but women and girls across Midaranye are viewed as second or third wives, or property. I tell you this will all confidence, each girl and women in Midaranye is a creation in the image of the Gods, she is a sovereign and independent life, and not one voice upon this world should determine what she does, where she goes, or what dreams she holds unless it is her, herself. Shout out to Kodima for working to break the mold."

"So you're saying our region suffers from the patriarchy?" Pharaoh Seti asked, to which Akasha nodded. "Men can and should do better," Seti replied calmly, "and we must recognize that our daughters are worth just as much as our sons. I'm going to get killed for this once the interview ends but," camera cuts to Akasha shaking her head and saying no, though she is on mute "We're expecting our daughter, and I'll place no limits on her or her potential. When we place limits on the women in our societies we deny ourselves the next brilliant mind, the next great inventor, and the next great visionary." "This interview is over," finally came the words of Akasha, "You, me, private conversation."

"Well, I've done it now," Pharaoh Seti said as Pharaoh Akasha had already disconnected. "If I don't speak to you in a few days, know it was worth it," he said as he ended the call with a chuckle.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »

Cult Of Helus Third Largest Faith 2022 Census Reveals

Pharaoh Akasha has offered a warm embrace to the third largest faith in Clysperis.

The new year has been one of many surprises, and the 2022 census in the Kingdom of Clysperis has not been an exception. Behind Kemetic Orthodoxy and Manism the Cult of Helus has overtaken Islam to become the third most practiced faith in the Kingdom, with some 3.5m adherents. Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re issued a statement from Khemnen Palace on the release of the census data in which she stated "my firm commitment to Clysperi Cultists, in being a defender of their interests in the Kingdom. I know there are some in our region who would wish to paint me an enemy to the Cult, and that simply is not true. Just as I carry the interests of any other Clysperi in my heart as I conduct the duties of government, Clysperi Cultists will be there just as much as they would be for the Kemetic, Manist, Muslim, or any other faith. At the end of the day we are all Clysperi, and so long as our faith orients itself toward justice, kindness, and what we can do for those less fortunate than ourselves all faiths are a path to Ma'at."

While Cultist populations within the Kingdom are thought to be more spread out than other religious groups the Pharaoh has set aside lands held by the Crown as being eligible for the construction of Temples "as they are needed" throughout the Kingdom. "Just as any of our faithful may worship in their own Houses, I shall not deny a fellow faith these rights. These are lands which are presently not being utilized and I shall work to see their needs met in their communities. I look forward to working with them and meeting with local Cultists as we embark on this path together and promise, should any enemy approach you, I shall do all I can to stand and fight alongside you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2022, 06:12:12 AM »

Ramses V Obelisk Construction Underway, Setri Seeks Partners

The Ramses V Obelisk will be the tallest building in Mundus, reaching one kilometer into the skies.

Located in the centre of Setri's business district, indeed, the very heart of Setri engineers and builders work day after day upon the Ramses V Obelisk. Designed by Clysperi design firm CIDA the Ramses V Obelisk is inspired by historical obelisk it is set to be surrounded by a channel of water resembling the river Ḥ'pī and will have 165 floors. The Obelisk will be a multi-use building, housing residences, hotel apartments, and other units of various sizes and purposes. Construction has included additional hotels in the district, shopping centres, cinemas, recreationa centres, and medical facilities. The Royal Government has confirmed that, upon completion, it would be contracting space in the Obelisk for various ministries of the Royal Government.

"Yet another monument to our time which pays homage to the work of our ancestors," Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re shared with CSMC. "As we see a vision my father had for our Kingdom unfolding I thought it was only fitting to dedicate this building to his memory, that it should bear his name as we move into the future. I will be working with domestic and foreign sources of capital to see the Obelisk completed swiftly, including taking up Abstergo Industries upon their interest in the Clysperi economy as well as our friends in the Holy Empire. In short, I am excited for the possibilities unfolding right before our eyes as Clysperis continues its spring following our conflict against terrorism."

The Pharaoh, speaking of Setri more broadly, confirmed that the Royal Family has purchased a residence in Setri where they will spend part of the year. "I wish to oversee the continued progress of Setri personally, drawing additional funding and contracts to see projects like Ramses V Obelisk receive exposure and attention. I'm also looking forward to welcoming foreign business to take advantage of Setri's economic incentives and connecting qualified and determined Clysperi workers with high paying careers. It is a new era for the Kingdom, and while much attention is focused on Setri we must also remember that nation-wide our engineers, among the finest in the world, are not rebuilding Clysperis but building the Clysperi future, one project at a time."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2022, 08:09:45 AM »

Pharaoh Proclaims Era Of Recovery Well Underway

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has highlighted Clysperi economic growth as the herald of an era of recovery.

"Given recent history one can forgive most for forgetting that Clysperis was at one time the modern equivalent of a superpower," the Pharaoh said as she joined CSMC for an afternoon chat. "Clysperi culture thrived politically, artistically, religiously and economically with little outside influence; it is due to this that even in spite of the Soviet occupation and campaign against our very culture that it exists changed very little from its past. For so long we've been beset with challenges and crises, ostracized, that we ourselves can be forgiven for not fully cherishing one of the most rich and unique cultures to inhabit Mundus. Ours is a land of some of the greatest wonders of the ancient world: the Pyramids of Nafu, the Sphinx, those tombs located in the Valley of the Kings - our belief in the afterlife has given rise to a scale of preservation which to this day contains ancient wisdom and knowledge just waiting to be reintroduced to the world. Even amongst Clysperi historians it is estimated that, apart from the preserved constructs here in Clysperis, that only a quarter of the artifacts and buildings have been uncovered in the Old Kingdoms, otherwise known as Abydos, for our foreign audience."

"If we compare Clysperis to two of the leading powers of today we can sense this in a different manner: the Rokkenjiman Matriarchy, which some argue is the point in which the modern Rokkenjiman state can claim a direct tie to, leaves Rokkenjima at 1,148 years old. We then have East Moreland, established in 675 by Robert the Unifier, placing the Morelanders at 1,347 years. With the survival of Clysperi culture under the boots of the Soviets Clysperi civilization has seen some 4,562 years; to state that our nation is wealthy in history would thus be a gross understatement. It was never a guarantee that Clysperi civilization would survive in any manner under the Soviet occupation, and only through the efforts of those of our People who persisted, the assistance of powers such as the Achkaerinese and Tamorans in evicting the Soviet scourge from our lands, that we can say that our civilization has seen every height possible and survived tribulations other cultures could not even imagine. Despite our past, despite the resilient, robust and beautiful civilization we have built and the heights of power we reached in previous eras, today Clysperis is portrayed by foreigners as a pitiful state beset by poverty, squalor, instability: a nation of little consequence in the larger scheme of Mundus."

"Yet they do not realize that years have passed since the defeat of Nekhtou the Disgraced, that since the cessation of hostilities our GDP has seen a bi-annual growth rate of 65.59%, and that the Clysperi People of today are much better off than they were even prior to the war. Our Kingdom enjoys a trade surplus of some $10bn, and as seen in the City of Setri and a vast reconstruction effort across the Kingdom the Clysperi economy as a whole is an entirely different animal today. Our economy is attracting interest from investors from near and far, from both nations and businesses, proving that the Clysperi economy is one of opportunity, growth and advancement in this new decade. As we rebuild from the war we are building back better, and positioning Clysperis as one of the most lucrative markets throughout Mundus. Whereas bleak clouds seemed to blot the light of the sun from our lands just a few short years ago, today Clysperis radiates into the world around us, and with that radiance comes a new era of wealth and prosperity. The arc of our people's shared history is returning to its natural path and, with it, our Kingdom to its historic role in the world, not as the grim foreign nation shown across television screens on the evening news but as a center of culture, advancement and prosperity."

"These successes aren't mine, they belong just as much to the Clysperi soldier defending his community, the Clysperi farmer providing food and materials and the Clysperi teacher preparing the next generation all the same. As opportunities become available for each Clysperi the opportunities for our Kingdom become that much greater, we advance not from the top but as a whole. In Clysperis we see that advancement is measured by how we move forward as a whole, I measure my success by how the least well Clysperi is looked after....and in that aspect I am proud to state that no Clysperi stomach goes to bed with want for food or water. As our economic miracle blesses the Kingdom I am also utilizing that success to see that each and every Clysperi has access to housing and make it our goal to see homelessness eliminated within two years. This will be accomplished through the construction of new housing and the reclamation of buildings which have stood empty for the past six months and have no feasible path to being utilized within the next six months by their present owners."

"We are, after all, a civilization whose constructs from millennia ago draw the fascination of minds from across the whole of Mundus, and, likewise, whose constructs of today draw dreamers from across the whole of Mundus."

"Thus I remind all of my People, be proud of who you are and be proud of your nation. We are no longer the sick old man of Midaranye, stumbling in a stupor and bandaging our wounds as the world passes us by. Increasingly as the days pass the world is attracted to our Kingdom, enchanted by our wealth of culture and civilization just as much as the economic opportunities our economy is offering. They look to our work force as one that can get the job done, learn new skills, and then excel in existing fields as well as cutting edge fields. We are, after all, a civilization whose constructs from millennia ago draw the fascination of minds from across the whole of Mundus, and, likewise, whose constructs of today draw dreamers from across the whole of Mundus. This is a new century for the Clysperi, and one I am confident will see our Kingdom reclaim its rightful place amongst the leading powers of Mundus."

"It would be inappropriate to not reflect upon the growing relationship between Clysperis and Achkaerin, a path Ramses V wished to realize prior to his assassination. While we have seen some voices call the Achkaerinese imperialists, others including my own the police of the world, in my experience I have found neither to be true. What I have found is a people, much like our own, who hold justice, fairness and equity as core values of their civilization. As a fellow ancient civilization, as a civilization that also looks toward the future, I have high hopes for our partnership. Let us always make the decision which is right and just, not the one that is most convenient at the moment."

"Also, while I have the opportunity, the Separation of Incomes Act we've seen enacted in Samantra is such a powerful move for her women. When women are empowered to make decisions and aren't viewed as a mere extension of their husbands the family is stronger, and the nation itself is stronger. We must move beyond an era in which the worth of a woman is less than that of a man, and this is a first step in that process for Samantra. I pray that the law stands any challenges and that Samantran women hold onto this victory for generations to come. Thank you for your time."

"And there you have it, the Pharaoh sharing powerful words of inspiration for a People and Nation that have become accustomed to bearing the ire and derision of the world reminding them of a past worth being proud of, a present full of opportunity and dreams, and a future which sees beyond the heavens as its limit. This has been another CSMC conversation with Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2022, 07:10:06 AM »

Pharaoh Addresses Recent Rumours

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has responded to rumours which she could "not allow to go unchecked."

"Not one indentured servant was owned by the Royal Clysperi Government," the Pharaoh said as she sat down with Soraya Danesh, the newest Junior Domestic Affairs correspondent for CSMC who forged a touching friendship with the Pharaoh following a spate of attacks against Clysperi Manists in mid-2019, "it was a sentence Clysperi courts were authorized to hand down in criminal cases. I can thus confirm, beyond any reasonable doubt, that no slave labour, or indentured servitude, was employed in the construction of the City of Setri. Indeed the highlight of the City of Dreams was its potential to provide my people with well-paying jobs, new homes, and new lives that were previously not possible. From the drawing board Setri was built for the People and our future, thus by design any form of servitude would have been wholly incompatible with the project."

"We have seen Tamoran investments across the Clysperi economy, an issue which has not escaped my attention nor that of Pharaoh Seti, himself a former Vice Governor of the Central Bank of Tamora. Working with Pharaoh Seti we have elected to keep those funds, utilizing those portions unspent to date to alleviate the vile nature of slavery. Earlier today I had the privilege of appointing the Counselor of Reparation and Healing who, working with a dedicated team of Scribes will work with a fund equaling $2.7bn, will see indentured servants, the sons and daughters of indentured servants, and the living descendants of slaves living in Clysperis, regardless of their nationality or the nationality of those who enslaved them, financial, housing, educational and employment aid. Setri itself will be a Primary City with housing blocks wholly dedicated to these victims of the institutions of servitude, while companies which hire such individuals, whether Clysperi based or foreign based, will receive further tax incentives for each such individual hired. These are programs which my Government has been working towards and, regardless of foreign meddling, are undertaken for the betterment of my People which is the motivation I wake with each day in Khemnen Palace: to protect them, enrich their lives, and secure for them a better future to the best of my abilities. Investments and interests in the Clysperi economy never demanded this, I care little for economic incentives, I follow this path because it is what is true and just; it is what is required of Ma'at."

"The Emperor is also mistaken in the events of the Clysperi war against terrorism, which saw as a precondition for Achkaerinese aid a binding agreement by Clysperi and Tamoran forces to abide by the terms of the Uppsala Convention despite not being signatories. There was, thus, no risk of prisoners of war being enslaved or any other improper conduct through the actions of our forces. These are the assurances which Emperor Peter had in committing his forces in our fight against terrorism, and they are assurances which were proven to be upheld upon the conclusion of the conflict. Certainly the laws could have been taken off the books, however, at the time I was busy counseling families of priests who were hung from lamp posts, our Muslim brothers and sisters who had their mosques desecrated, and women in the Southern Lands who were victims of rape by the forces of Nekhtou: the needs of my People weighed more on my mind in those moments than renouncing a right not even my father had employed following the restoration of our sovereignty in the wake of the Soviet occupation and I pray Emperor Benson need never have to weigh whether to handle matters of law or visiting with the victims of terrorism day, after day."

"Furthermore, as servitude is illegal under Clysperi law businesses with ties to servitude will, and are, being dealt with by the Clysperi legal system. All businesses will be required to comply with the requirements of the Freestone Mark and, if they're incapable of doing so, they will no longer be allowed to legally operate on Clysperi soil. We're also seeing revisions of the Clysperi Ministry of Education which are updating Clysperi textbooks and, with my blessings, declaring the month of April to be one of national mourning and reflection upon the generational harm which the institutions of servitude have left on all of humanity, though more so the continued existence of these institutions throughout Midaranye. Khemnen shall also host a national museum dedicated to slavery, the effects it has had on Clysperis and its society, and a wing dedicated to the process of ending these institutions so that we may remember the long history which has brought us to this point and, perhaps, educate visitors from fellow Midaranye states that servitude can be abolished, and we've a blueprint that can be replicated throughout the region to achieve the dream of a day I'm certain will dawn: one where no man, woman or child lives or is born into servitude. I know full well that the scales are stacked against us, and thus I issue an invitation to the Royal Government of the Kingdom of Tytor to come to Clysperis with full privileges to confirm what I say, and my actions, are true and reflect the present reality, at their earliest convenience."

"In economic developments we have the withdrawal of bids from Umarov Real Estate Trust and Diamond Farm Labs as a response to the words of Emperor Benson. I hope that my response, in a way, here today answers questions for them which could have been answered had they reached out to either myself or the Setri Development Authority on these issues. Too often in the modern world actions are taken too swiftly, however I have also received a generous offer from the Investments and Holdings Division of Abstergo Industries, that they and other Divisions remain committed to their interest in investing and establishing a presence in Setri and Clysperis, as well as the construction of the Ramses V Obelisk and its associated district. CEO Albert Relkin presented a compelling offer which would see the capabilities of Abstergo leveraged toward a speedy completion of the Tower and its district, while also seeing Setri as a "compelling labor pool for the Research and Future Technologies Division, amongst others." When the exchange between myself and Emperor Benson became public knowledge he reached out to me and, following an hours long conversation, his concerns were satisfied and he reconfirmed Abstergo's commitment."

"Both Umarov Real Estate Trust and Diamond Farm Labs have an open invitation to such a conversation with me, though I will require some reassurances from both that they will not act on speculation in our future dealings and will treat us as partners. I will conclude though by stating that my marriage to Pharaoh Seti does not reflect a closeness between the Kingdom and the Tamoran Empire: Pharaoh Seti has converted to Contemporary Manism, has renounced slavery as evil, and has joined with me on the path to seeing a world without slavery of his own volition. I will not see him slighted due to the actions of his father and will ensure he is judged by his actions."

Upon the conclusion of the interview the Pharaoh and Soraya Danesh reconnected, with the Pharaoh commending the young journalist on "a path which sees you growing into a confident young woman."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2022, 03:31:24 AM »

Raid In Khemnen Frees 27 Slaves

The Pharaoh's own Royal Police Forces raided the house, freeing 27 slaves and arresting five of the slavers. Two slavers died in the raid.

In the early morning hours of February 14th the Royal Police Forces initiated a raid on one of these suspected underground slaver houses and, upon forcefully entering the residence, were immediately attacked by the inhabitants. Over the course of the raid two individuals, later identified as being amongst the slavers, were killed while another five were arrested. Secret passages in the residence led the RPF underground where some 27 people were living, enslaved by the family living in Khemen. RPF spokespersons confirmed that the family in question had moved from Tamora to Clysperis to fight against Nekhtou and had since taken it upon themselves to enslave people from Khemnen and the surrounding boroughs.

"These people were living in a room with no natural light, no running water, nothing," an RPF spokesperson shared with CSMC. "Those we spoke with said they were expected to perform various duties throughout the house, many were beaten, and unfortunately children were among those freed by the RPF. Under the direction of Khemen Palace we are taking a zero-tolerance approach toward these underground slavers and will be prosecuting them to the highest extent of Clysperi law. Do understand that this is a developing situation and while we don't have all the answers for you, we're working with the victims and conducting investigations in the neighbourhood to ascertain what happened here and how twenty seven people could have lived in a hole in the ground without anyone growing suspicious."

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re hailed the efforts of the RPF and issued a warning: "Anyone who wishes to question my word on the issues of servitude and slavery, take note: these individuals will be made an example of, and no, we will not be entertaining any notions of extradition to the Tamoran Empire. They have committed crimes against Clysperis, crimes against Ma'at, and they will be judged and punished accordingly. No one on this planet has the authority to rob from another their freedom and dignity. We will pursue justice to its maximum limits and ensure that Tamorans living within our borders are following our laws, which include the abolition of slavery and servitude in all forms."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2022, 09:00:06 AM »

Good morning, Clysperis.

The past few days have seemed to pass by as a roller coaster, with the Pharaoh heralding an era of economic recovery only to seemingly be undermined days later following foreign remarks which impacted deals which were being negotiated in the City of Dreams, Setri. I understand the concerns which were shown and, having taken several phone calls over the past few days from business leaders within the Kingdom and beyond our borders I'm pleased to say that this period of instability and uncertainty were decidedly short lived. While we have yet to hear back from Diamond Farm Labs we have seen the completion of the real estate deal with the Umarov Real Estate Trust, a comprehensive and compelling commitment from Abstergo Industries, continued support from Heyran firms, and interest from other players in the Clysperi Special Economic Zone. Wages continue to rise, while concerns such as inflation and unemployment are projected to continue to move in the right direction. In short the fundamentals of the Clysperi economy remain sound and the economic recovery continues unabated.

Pharaoh Akasha has entrusted me with a comprehensive plan to continue this recovery, as well as handling the details of the next chapter of our economic and financial future. While I cannot be specific we are reviewing the reintroduction of the Clysperi Shat with our projections showing that its reintroduction will be a net positive for both the common worker and the broader Clysperi economy. We're also seeing in Setri the first fruit from the seeds we've planted: with over 50 schools in full operation and two new "smart universities" opening the educational opportunities which will pave the road for continued Clysperi prosperity. Our educational facilities will be open to students of all nationalities, offering priceless opportunities for these students to not only learn in Clysperis, but to learn of Clysperis within a short ride of pristine historical sites. History lives in Clysperis and for those seeking to learn of our, and Abydos' history, the opportunities will be near limitless.

We're also opening the door to a variety of industries which are taking advantage of the perks of operating in the CSEZ. It is clear that the time to invest in Clysperis is now, that the returns which will be realized prove that the Clysperi economy is dynamic, engaging and ripe with opportunity. With the growth we have seen in the Clysperi Economy following our victory over the terrorists each day brings new heights, for our People, for our partners, and for our nation as a whole. Midaranye is a region filled with opportunity, and while much of the world has shown caution due to human rights issues in our neighbours the Kingdom has done much to ensure that all people within our borders are free, have every opportunity to succeed, and are all players in the future. It's all well and good to have grand projects as we've seen throughout the region, yet the risk of sanctions presents a risk many aren't so willing to take. I look forward to working with all of our partners in offering a safe Midaranye market and embarking upon what I know will be mutually beneficial ventures. We remain on track and focused on what tomorrow brings our way.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2022, 12:06:33 PM »

Pharaoh Highlights Samantran Affair As Showcasing Flaws Of Democracy

The Pharaoh remarked on developments in Samantra, specifically the defeat of the SIA.

"So we see the Government enact legislation that, undoubtedly, would have improved the lives of millions across Samantra; it's been shown time and again when women have control of their own finances the benefits it serves to the woman, her family, and the nation as a whole are impossible to ignore," the Pharaoh said as she spoke with CSMC from her home in Setri. "Yet again we see a referendum which returns a result which arguably doesn't serve the greater interests of the voters, unless they are male of course. We take for granted here in Clysperis that we have a Government that is able to act decisively in the interests of the People, that our decisions stand without worry of them being overturned or questioned, that our leaders do not have to bend their will out of a sense of self-preservation in their career. In Clysperis, and I imagine many monarchies across Mundus, service to the People is the default position, it is much less about self and more about what's important."

"When you don't have an expiration date to worry about you can make bold decisions and see them through to fruition," the Pharaoh continued, "and when your decisions do not face the threat of being overturned it lends a natural quality of stability that I don't think we'll find in nations with these referenda. I know I have been speaking mostly on Samantra but we've seen this in a different respect in nations like Rokkenjima, who used their right to referenda to eliminate their Premier, the highest elected official in their nation. This is a nation that speaks of democracy so much so that their words echo off every mountain upon Mundus, yet they allowed their democratic system to greatly diminish it. Why, we've even seen the Rokkenjiman People hold a referendum over their membership in LISA, whose members the First Empire gave its word to defend in allegiance, yet one referendum sees a major geopolitical decision made by commoners. Years of diplomatic work gone in one instant."

When asked if the Pharaoh was opposed to democracy she chuckled, "I won't say that any nation can't implement the system they wish to use in their governance, it is their decision after all and Clysperis has long believed that all people should enjoy the right to self-determination. Democracy works for some cultures, for others it is not the holy grail of governance and it's concerning when we have seen pushes in the past for democracy to be forced on people who do not want, or need, it." The Pharaoh is set to return to Khemnen Palace in the coming days after attending to duties in the City of Setri, which she has said has "surpassed all expectations. Clysperis continues the path to reclaiming her rightful place in the world."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2022, 09:53:09 AM »

Pharaoh Seeks Partnerships On Setri Exchanges, Other Endeavours

Pharaoh Seti has extended invitations for partnerships in Setri's exchanges.

Pharaoh Seti has opened the doors for foreign cooperation on the establishment of two new exchanges: the Setri Stock Exchange and the Setri Mercantile Exchange, the later of which will be geared toward several financial instruments such as interest rates, equities, currencies, and commodities. "We would be open to working with the Petrograd Stock Exchange as it has proven itself in recent times, and as a partner which is not tied to institutions based in so-called internationalist circles. In addition to the exchanges we're looking at offering several alternatives to people throughout Midaranye who are not involved in the crimes of servitude, as well as providing a robust banking and clearing house system which is on-par with presently existing internationalist systems. The Setri Financial Initiative is one I am proud to unveil and foster new partnerships in its formation."

"We're also aiming to establish new payment networks which are based in Midaranye but are immune to sanctions," Pharaoh Seti continued. "There are many within the Tamoran Empire and other Midaranye states who have nothing to do with the institutions of servitude yet they have few options beyond their local offerings for financial services, limiting their ability to be prosperous through honest work and a rejection of servitude. Utilizing a mixture of online services, backed with guarantees equal to those of local offerings or in many cases surpassing them, we can reward those who don't taint themselves with slavery for their just decisions. Thus the Bank of Setri will be offering services to those in Tamroa, Royal Seleucid, and other areas who can independently verify the lack of slave-derived labour in their operations, including an exchange of Dinars into Debens. We hope that this partnership will enable these hard-working people and institutions a greater opportunity to engage with the international market, and an incentive for other individuals and businesses to turn from slavery as they see that enriching themselves upon forced labour is not enriching at all."

No further details were available at the time of press, however, officials in Setri are working to position the city at the edge of the modern economy, including underwater data centres. "We have found that not only are underwater data centres an interesting idea, they are also practicable and reliable," Pharaoh Seti shared with CSMC. "We can offer data services to businesses from across Mundus which allow for data centres that are both economical and environmentally harmonious, granting Clysperi data centres a competitive advantage as the demand for processing power grows across several industries. There is a whole world of opportunity for foreign businesses to find in the City of Dreams, and I look forward to assisting foreign firms in navigating a path to success in this new future."

Beatrice Anselmo