Author Topic: The Obscured Anselmo  (Read 1006 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Obscured Anselmo
« on: December 14, 2023, 10:24:58 PM »

The Obscured Anselmo
Stories From Jenka-Jenkinson

Meet Kikyo Hase, born and raised in Jenka-Jenkinson, Kingdom of Dartfordia to Imperial Loyalist parents. While they knew they were serving the interests of the Empire in providing a fail-safe should Rokkenjima suffer any number of complications which could see the annihilation of the Anselmo line (nuclear war at the time, Republican loyalist operations, terrorism) she has lead a mostly normal life outside her guidance by Rokkenjiman intelligence which ensured she was on an educational path to be a stand-in for then Crown Princess Asuna should the Imperial Bloodline be erradicated.

Our story starts as Kikyo battles a rival, one Masanori Shiroma to be Student Body President at a prestigious educational facility in Jenka-Jenkinson. At 16 years of age, and with politics baked into both sides of her parental lineage unbeknownst to her, she begins what she thinks of at this time as the largest challenge of her life. While preparations were made in the case of Beatrice Anselmo being rendered incapable of serving her duties upon Chrysanthemum Throne Rokkenjiman intelligence saw that Asuna, too, would have a back-up in place, safely away from any domestic threats to her life in the predominantly Rokkenjiman inhabited Dartfordian city of Jenka-Jenkinson. Guided toward educational exellence by Rokkenjiman Intelligence Kikyo Hase-Anselmo has quite the story ahead of her.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscured Anselmo
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 11:16:25 PM »
Time: 9:47 AST

She heard his "platform", if he could even call it that, and chuckled as the assembled student body stood before them. As she took the stage she sighed, took in a breath, and smiled. "Students of Vicheshire, good morning, I know y'all don't want to be here so I'll try to make it fun for y'all at least," she concluded as chuckles filled the auditorium. "My opponent has said a lot of issues he wants to address," she continued, "but none of those address the issues I'm hearing from y'all. You want additional food court options, he spoke of lessening homework," she said as she glared over to him whilst he received a chorus of boos, seated to the right of where she spoke. "You wanted more vending machines and more products to choose from, he has said nothing on those issues and, between you and me, I don't think he cares about our needs and just wants to win this for the prestige," she glared again toward him.

"If I win, we'll get those new machines, we'll see new restaurants on the Food Court, because I won't stop when the administrators say I'm being annoying; no, in those moments I promise I will be most insistant; we go to school every day here, they don't, so logically, what we want is most important here right," she paused before yelling, "RIGHT?!" to which she received a standing ovation. "So, in this upcoming election, vote Kikyo Hase, a vote for the Student Body!" As the auditorium rose to applaud she bowed, "Thank you all, and to you," she said orienting herself toward Soichiro, "I look forward to my victory over you and all which you represent. The sum of that is, quite frankly, abhorrent."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 01:33:10 AM »
Time: 10:58 AST

She looked like her, she acted like her, but she was not her, she said as she ripped down a poster which compared her to Empress Saisei of Rokkenjima. "One month into my tenure and still," she said to her friend, "I am the Saisei Empress of Vicheshire. What the hell do I do with this?" she asked and her friend shrugged. "What if though," Kikyo said with a grin, "I am in fact a Rokkenjiman Princess, do you view me differently?" "Of couse not," she said with a chuckle, "you're still the same to me. You're at the top of our class though," she continued, "even while goofing off, who's not to say you're not an Anselmo? Why aren't you pressing buttons because looking at your competition," she paused, "it isn't much."

"I do have her hair, younger naturally," she said referring to Saisei, "does this make me a Princess, albeit unofficially?" "Don't let it go to your head," her friend sighed, "just, look into you genealogy, and if you can, get out of here. And if you're Empress," she added, "remember me?" She chuckled, "you'll be my, someone for something of something, I promise!" to which she got a fist bump. "There are the rumours..." "...and you lost me," she sighed, "that supposed lost Anselmo daughter...just paparazzi spice. Saisei does have my eyes though...."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 11:26:17 PM »
Time: 1:15 AST

"Promises made, promises kept!" Kikyo said as she displayed the exchange of tweets between herself and the Empress on a projector. "I know it has been a demand of our social studies programs to partake in an event such as the Youth Diet, I made contact, and we're going to Pyrettania on a plane used by the Empress herself. Shiroma couldn't of done that," she said of her dispatched opponent, "so, basically, pack your bags and get those permission slips signed, because we're going to Rokkenjima!"

The matter of her own permission slip would be a matter of unusual scrutiny, with her parents seemingly hesitant to sign it upon presentation. "You do realize the opportunity here, right?" she asked her mother, who simply shook her head and looked to her father. "It's not the opportunity that's the issue it's just..." he sighed, "you've never been outside of Dartfordia, and while air travel is statistically safer than traveling by car I feel like if you're in a plane that's crashing, your chances of surviving such a crash are rather grim. Just look at th...." "Dad, she's sending her plane to transport us. If it's trusted to carry the Empress of Rokkenjima I'm sure we can trust that it's safety rating far exceeds even the best Dartfordian airline's standards. Why are you two fighting me on this?"

With that he sighed, signed the paper, and handed it back to Kikyo. "You behave yourself, don't talk to strangers, and keep mind of the curfew, yes?" he said, which was replied by Kikyo with an enthusiastic nod. Once she had left he picked up the phone, dialed a number, and was soon speaking with someone at Imperial High Command who, in the collapse of the Anaúsa, had taken over their portfolio of operations before INIS could claim jurisdiction over it. "Yes, she's coming," he said. "I understand the risks but I'll trust you'll see to her safe return?" he continued.

"Naturally," the voice on the other end of the line returned. "We will see that Kikyo reaches her final destination in one piece, with not one hair upon her head harmed." Whilst the wording seemed awkward to him he shrugged it off as some cultural thing within the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces. "You have my thanks," he would reply before hanging up.

"Rowe," the other voice continued after hanging up the phone, "do you believe in fortune intervening at just the right moment?" to which the Grand Marshall grinned. "And what do you have for me...."

Beatrice Anselmo