Author Topic: Intent To Appeal Perjury Conviction  (Read 739 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Intent To Appeal Perjury Conviction
« on: February 09, 2024, 10:38:02 PM »

It is my duty to inform the relevant authorities that Beatrice Anselmo, aka Empress Saisei, has indicated her intention to appeal the perjury verdict issued against her. An attorney will be provided by the Attorney for the Crown to represent her during these proceedings. It is the request of the appellant that the case is tried in a jurisdiction of the courts aside from the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, and it is their full belief that the verdict ignored extreme emotional disturbance displayed by the appellant at the time of the events in question.

Lucius Stanley
Attorney for the Crown
7 ITC Complex, Onedari Square Suite 502
Exuperia, Azukishima Prefecture
102-2057
+7-407-0002

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Intent To Appeal Perjury Conviction
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 11:35:10 PM »

I remind the Appellant that all convictions pertaining to Beatrice Anselmo were handed down by the Uppsalla Convention Court and that appeal of such convictions requires leave of that court, the appellant may seek that if they wish. However as the Prosecuting Authority I urge the court to refuse to grant leave. The Appellant is confusing two separate matters and no new or credible evidence pertaining to the specific matter of perjury has been presented. The facts of the case do not support the argument of the appellant they hinder it, I suggest the appellant either present evidence specific to the matter of perjury or abandon the appeal attempt.

Lieutenant Nell Foster
Judge Advocate General Corps

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 11:54:20 PM »

The Empress, at the time, in this series of circumstances was emotionally and mentally in leave of her facilities, as any one of us would be under the circumstances prescribed. Not one person could be expected to respond rationally in the kidnapping of her child, as such an act is, itself, irrational. My client, Beatrice Anselmo, was a victim, just as her daughter was, in this ordeal; two people placed in circumstances beyond what any of us are reasonably expected to be placed within. As the defence I respect she was not acting responsibly but I ask in the same breath, as parents, who would? The Empress is, like all of us, human first and foremost, she is capable of falling to the same weaknesses of us all. Under extreme emotional duress, are any of us expected to act in perfect unison with our values, our beliefs, our principles? My client has been dragged, and for what, for looking out for her daughter? Trauma infected her better judgement, and that is not a crime it is a natural response to your child being placed into danger.

We believe that this case should be heard before the entire court in Uppsala, to provide Beatrice Anselmo a fair chance at justice in this case. Anything less is an aberration of justice itself.

Lucius Stanley
Attorney for the Crown
7 ITC Complex, Onedari Square Suite 502
Exuperia, Azukishima Prefecture
102-2057
+7-407-0002

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 10:28:47 PM »
Video call initiated between Pyrenan Crow and the Fox (Beatrice and Serenity)

Look before you begin I didn't know who else to talk to but, I've my legal team doing their thing and I'm done with it all, you know? Someone can only take so much before they reach their breaking point and that's where I am now. I look back and there's so much I don't remember, damn it Charles robbed so much of me that it's hard to know what's actually true, that period of time, 2016 to just recently, is just a massive hole in my memory and what I did in those times is lost to me. I did things, said things, believed in things and they're so foreign to me, how do I reconcile that? How do I make up for that? I don't have the answer and I suspect you don't either, but I've no one else to reach out to, no refuge left, but this perjury stuff, I'm done with it all, I'm tired of fighting, I'm just done you know?

I have a period of time I was doing things that, it wasn't me, I was hopped up on Charle's cocktail and I did so many things, allowed so many injustices, that I cannot begin to reconcile with myself and I am hateful, vengeful even, and it's not something I am used to I was not me at the moment Rokkenjioma needed me on the Throne, that duty was robbed of me when it mattered most and I hate that he did that to me. Rape is not just sexual, but what Charles did to me was rape in every meaning of the word, except sexual, he raped me and the Rokkenjiman People and I somehow let it happen. I look back at my actions in those days with horror, because I was there but I was not present. It's a cloud to me, I see only vapours but, my Gods, what did he do in my name? Islyna, Jesus, Helus,,,,my gods what did I fail to prevent?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 11:39:39 PM »
Serenity sighed "It's practically eight years on and Achkaerin still has a naval operation in Nueva Ardia working to catalogue and identify every dead body from the genocide, estimates say thirty three million people died, it happened not just on your watch but Evanthe's as well she was CTO secretary general at the time. But despite all of the recriminations we'll never know how many died before the mentorship and how many died during it. What I do know is that in 2017 you, Lt Foster, Commander Conway and myself sat in a room together and you changed your witness statement and that the prosecution then used that statement to expose the extent of Charles's involvement and due to that Charles, Sumire and Lancaster got life sentences.

I'm not your lawyer but I can predict the first question you get asked if the Court agrees to hear the appeal and it's 'did you have a phone conversation with Kyle Barren yes or no?' If you're not able under oath to truthfully answer 'yes' to that then you need to tell that attorney that Lucius found for you to stop right now and if you're telling me you can't remember then this has to stop now otherwise you are lying to a court and you're risking punitive measures against you for wasting a courts time, Asuna got told this when we negotiated your house arrest conditions we're gearing up to prosecute war crimes related to the Kalasin affair time is at a premium and the last thing we need is it getting bogged down in hearings that won't go anywhere. And if you can answer 'yes' truthfully then you need to be able to explain and substantiate why the Imperial Decree differs from your 2017 statement."

Serenity took a moment before stretching in her chair "I can't be seen to help you because I am likely to get called as a witness in the event of a hearing, so I can't advise you to get Lucinda or Hazel to make an appointment for Melissa Bird to go down to Pyrena. I can of course as your sister recommend you see your daughters therapist."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 10:05:04 PM »
"It's true that there may be faults in my ability to recall events clearly and concisely, the facts, records and associated evidence has helped to fill in that picture. A conversation took place, just as I signed a variety of orders during the height of that sordid affair perpetuated against Nueva Ardia. While she doesn't have physical copies of the orders and motions I signed, placed on my desk by someone at Imperial High Command, many ranged from wholly ridiculous for their entertainment to some which <0 theorizes were merely to keep me placated in between one episode to the next. I have enough confidence in what I know that I'm capable of saying yes to such a question, but deceit has never been my intention. I can only hope that no one else, not those I care for and even those I couldn't care less for, experiences what is a violation almost on a spiritual level, if not one which is a violation of one's very own person."

"Don't worry though, I'll ensure that everything from this point forward is only that which is conducted above the board and that necessary appointments and arrangements are made. We'll see things set straight from this path started some six or so years ago."

Beatrice Anselmo