Author Topic: Royal Seleucid and Aegera  (Read 2316 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Royal Seleucid and Aegera
« on: August 25, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »

To:- His Majesty Alexander II

Our two nations while sharing a continent and having some long historical connections share very little. It has been well beyond memory since our two people engaged with each other. As such I think it is now important that we put this right. I would therefore like to invite yourself and your government to come and spend some time at our Palace of the Sands so that we may improve relations between us. I am more than happy to alternatively visit your nation should it not be possible for you to visit our nation.

I look forward to meeting you in person.

Best Regards

King Akakois of Royal Seleucid.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:56:34 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline Aegera

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aegera
Re: Royal Seleucid and Aegera
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 11:37:49 PM »

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on behalf of the Aegeran State, the ministry gladly accepts the offer to a diplomatic encounter between our two nations. Aegera is seeking to strengthen ties and relations with its neighbors to create a prosperous and peaceful region. Furthermore, a cultural exchange between our two nations would greatly improve the relationship between our peoples.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs will be present in the Palace of Sands as soon as possible and will dispatch various diplomats. In solidarity with our two nations the Ministry has created the Pro-Tempore Ambassador to Royal Seleucid, waiting approval from parliament. Our diplomatic mission cannot ensure the presence of the Leader, but has already requested an urgent notification to his Excellency.

We look forward to this encounter between our two nations,

Sincerely, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »
At one point in the dark distant past it was highly likly the Seleucid and Aegeran people shared a common ancestor, in the eyes of King Akakois that should have been enough for them to have been best of friends but in this modern world that wasn't always the case. With that in mind the King was keen to impress and had sent his eldest wife, Queen Samira, to oversee the process. She had a fierce tongue that would be the envy of any drill sergeant and for days she had the staff cleaning and preparing, every morning she would inspect the Palace, write a list of the faults she found and have those responsible put it right before dark fell. Failure was not really tolerated and more than one member of the kitchen staff were reassigned to duty in the military as a punishment for not serving meals correctly. Samira knew the importance this meeting would have for her husband and was determined that everything be as perfect as possible. Newly made cotton sheets had been ordered bearing their hosts coat of arms and put on beds, table cloths ironed and re ironed until they were as perfectly pressed as could be.

On the day itself the King's youngest son, Prince Heydar had been selected to greet their guest at the airport. He looked resplendent in his Air Force officers uniform, the only concession to his royal rank being the red sash he wore proudly showing the families insignia. Next to him dressed in a pretty light green dress was his wife Princess Chyrssa. Forming a hollow square where the band of the Air Force who had cloth covering their instruments to keep the arid dust out and maintain their sheen. It was only when the Air Traffic Controllers heard the Aegeran aircraft was beginning its approach that they whipped the coverings off a young cadet and two friends racing around to collect them all before the visitors wheels had touched Seleucid concrete. A quick testing blow and strike of each instrument and the band was ready to begin playing the national anthem of Aegera.

Just as he'd seen his father do in the past Heydar waited for the Minister of Foreign Affairs to exit his aircraft. As the Minister approached Heydar neatly snapped to attention and in a swift practiced motion whipped his silver sword into a salute before sheething it again. "It is our honour to welcome you to our country. My father is very very exicted to meet you." Heydar said. "Allow me to introduce my wife, Princess Chyrssa." As rehearsed a servant stepped forward a silver tray bearing a crystal cut jug full of ice and water, a single glass sat on the tray it rim pure silver. Chyrssa poured the glass and presented it to the Minister, "Please" she said with a beaming smile, "It is a hot day and your journey now over, please accept a drink" She was keeping the tradition of showing hospitality and the media captured the moment.

"If you'd come with us" Heydar fell into step alongside the Minister with his wife at the opposite side. "My father rather enjoys any chance he can to get out to the Palace of the Sands so I must thank you for giving him the excuse. I think you'll find it quiet a lovely place an oasis of calm in the deep desert" A series of off road vehicles waited and as they entered the second in line it was wondrously cool compared to the oppressive heat outside. The convoy soon set off with Chyrssa playing hostess offered a constant top up of drinks and assorted foods such as fresh dates and olives. Heydar kept up the small talk attempting to find out the latest news of Aegera, he knew his father would be more in tune but with a career in the Air Force he didn't always have his finger on the diplomatic pulse. Soon they left the tarmac road and headed out into the desert which sat flat and expansive before them. It took nearly an hour of driving before through the heat haze the Palace could be seen, the flags of both nations fluttering in the red hot midday heat above the Palace.

The convoy stopped in an underground entrance, it was cool there and King Akakois and his four wives were waiting, each was introduced in turn and it was given to his 2nd wife Queen Yanna to link arms with the Minister and guide them into the awaiting lift that took them up to a lush green garden, like an oasis among the desert, a swimming pool lay at one end and the sound of children playing and splashing could be heard. A canopy billowed in the breeze and low slung tables and cushions were laid out, the King waited for the Minister to be seated before showing his wives where to sit leaving only himself standing. He went over to a desk and picked up a silver box. "Please, accept this as a token of our admiration of King Alexander II." the box contained a gold globe about the size of a tennis ball, carved onto its surface was a map of Mundus with each nation engraved and the border made out of flecks of precious stones. "I am very keen for our nations to become good good friends" he said clapping his hands together. "Now for that we should have things we wish to speak about, I have my list but it is only polite for a guest to speak first"

Offline Aegera

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aegera
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 10:52:36 PM »
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, whose name was Alexander spiti tou Eusebius, was surprised at the hospitality shown by the Seleucid royalty. He assumed that hospitality was not solely restricted to the upper classes but was a characteristic of the Seleucid people. Alexander was a stern  man; this was unusual for an Aegeran who are very warm-hearted and friendly. Nonetheless, he was a respectful man. In fact, his position and his origins are completely extraordinary to Aegeran standards. He descended from a highly pious Christian family, but clearly occupied a lower status. A person of that background, he achieved his position solely on merit and because he was a man of strong convictions. Aegerans are a highly stratified nation who value primordial lineal ties (in fact, the whole government is modeled on this basis) but nonetheless are conscious of a mutual descent and ethnicity with the exception of the minorities.

Immediately, he apologized, "I am extremely sorry that His Majesty the King could not attend this meeting. He was highly occupied with home affairs. Nonetheless, he stated that despite his absence, this meeting was of high importance between our two peoples." He sat down and accepted the gift from the King and he pulled out a small transparent bag from his pocket. Inside, was a small silver labrys about two inches long, clearly intended to be worn as a necklace. "This is one of the many symbols that occupy significance in our country, a relic of a distant past. " He began by stating how could the Seleucids tolerate such weather. By this statement, he implied that the two peoples had one origin yet occupied entirely different climates. Despite, speaking clearly different accents and slightly different vocabulary the languages were mutually intelligible. Standard Aegeran sounded distinctly unique compared to the language of the Seleucids, it was clearly influenced by a Levantine culture.

He sat straight and said "We are here to normalize relations between our two modern states, which we have surprisingly not done earlier. What sayest thou of this?"