Author Topic: The Dreamtime | Stories From Indigenous Sutherland  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Glitchy

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Sutherland
The Dreamtime | Stories From Indigenous Sutherland
« on: October 17, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »

The Dreamtime is a term devised by early Ardian Colonists to refer to a semi-religious and cultural worldview attributed to Indigenous Sutherian beliefs. The Dreaming is used to represent many Indigenous concepts of "time out of time," or "everywhen," when the land was inhabited by ancestral figures, often of heroic proportions or with supernatural abilities. They were often distinct from the "gods" of much more modern faiths, as they did not control the material world and were not worshipped, but only being revered.

Many of the stories from the Dreamtime were often used to explain Indigenous connections to ancestors and their native lands, such as the formation of geographic features or reasons for natural occurrences. The Indigenous Sutherians had no fully developed systems of writing before the Ardian Empire arrived, so the stories contained in the Dreamtime were kept alive entirely by millennia-old oral tradition and dance. Despite most stories varying amongst the thousands of tribes, the Dreamtime is still a uniting symbol of Indigenous Sutherian culture that inspires all who hear it.

"The answer is dreams;
Dreaming on and dreaming on.
Entering the world of dreams and never coming out.
Living in dreams for all of time."

Dreamtime Stories:

- The Rainbow Snake [Waronga] (W.I.P)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:03:46 PM by Glitchy »
I USED TO BE LUVONIA

Sutherland Links:
- Factbook
- Characters (W.I.P)
- News
- Vignettes
- Map of Sutherland (W.I.P)