Author Topic: The Inter-Faith Initiative - Supporting Non-Odinists in Nya Åland  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima

The Inter-Faith Initiative

As we are all aware the situation which non-Odinists face within the Odinist Republic are less than ideal and represent an ongoing campaign of the oppression of several minorities. Within the 5% of the population of Nya Åland who are not Odinists I am certain that members of our respective faiths are all represented. Each day they are forced to live a significant portion of their lives in the shadows. Should they dare to escape from the shadows for even a moment they face fines and even prison sentences. I believe the time has come for our Faiths to come together on this issue, to explore avenues with which we may support our Faithful living under the oppressive rule of the Odinist Republic, and to do all that we can to help them as they face several daily struggles.

Recognizing the challenges which face individuals who are not Odinists I propose the establishment of the following two funds:

1. The Inter-Faith Legal Defense Fund: A fund which will be established to cover the legal costs (including bail and fines) of non-Odinists living in Nya Åland. The IFD will also partner with attorneys licensed to practice within the Odinist Republic to ensure that each person accused by the state receives the best defense possible.

2. Inter-Faith Dignity Fund: Following the release of those Faithful who are imprisoned, the Dignity Fund will be established to assist them in their lives post-release. This will include funds for housing, as well as assistance in finding employment. If no employment is available due to stigma for their faith, cooperation with friendly governments will be sought to offer them employment opportunities at foreign-based companies within the Odinist Republic or, failing that, embassies and consulates, pending there are no security concerns.

I invite my fellow faith leaders to join me at the Caelestis Curia, in Pyrettania, to discuss these proposals and to also explore additional ideas and programs to bring to non-Odinists a ray of hope and support. I would also encourage all of us to speak publicly in respect to those governments who turn a blind eye to the systemic oppression employed by the Odinist Republic against the several minorities who, apparently, represent a mortal threat to the majority Odinist Faith.

Lady Yuna
Grand Maester of the Rosari Faith
Most Humble of Islyna
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:52:12 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Inter-Faith Initiative - Supporting Non-Odinists in Nya Åland
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:01:49 AM »

Grand Maester Yuna,

While I will be unable to attend the gathering which you have called for know that I, as High Priest of Every Temple of the Kemetic Orthodox Church, shall endorse and support the work which is accomplished by this gathering of faiths. I have been long outspoken against the apparent blindness which much of Mundus has when it comes to the Odinist Republic and it is pleasing to see action finally being taken by the faiths of Mundus to protect our flocks, regardless of where they may be in the world. Upon the establishment of the IFLDF and the IFDF rest assured that the Kemetic Orthodox Church will be donating funds to assist them in accomplishing their missions.

In this pursuit of justice against clear and blatant injustice I shall be proud to stand alongside you in allegiance. Please keep me informed of the progress of this gathering and any resultant decisions which are reached and I shall see to it that our Church policy is fully aligned with them.

May you oversee the restoration of Ma'at behind the sordid borders of the Odinist Republic.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 10:25:01 PM »

The Cult of Helus will support the funding of lawyers to ensure those charged with crimes receive fair trials. Additionally we will examine ethical ways to support anyone who, because of a conviction, finds themselves in difficultly attaining employment or other subsistence. The Cult however believes that this agenda should not just focus on Aland. While it is clear that the non Odinists of Aland face difficulties there are many examples of such across Mundus. We have recently seen no one speak out about the persecution of Cultist minorities in Ubriekland that saw the East Moreland, Achkaerin and Bakkermayan navies take part in operations to remove ALL Cultists from that nation into the safety of East Moreland. We see no action suggested against Fleur which have near identical rules to Nya Aland, we have Abydos not permitting people of certain faiths into set cities, and there are countless other issues of religious intolerance around Mundus. By naming only the Alanders we are not showing support to these other communities.

The Cult shall continue supporting the King of East Moreland's stance that any individual, regardless of faith who feels persecuted in their home nation may claim asylum at any East Moreland embassy. We urge other faiths to put pressure on their governments to ensure this safety route is open to anyone who feels persecuted to the point that they are endangered. We furthermore wish to see faiths put pressure on their governments to ensure that military hardware does not find its way to the nations in which religious minorities are being oppressed.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Mundus Know Peace

High Priestess Skye Maddix

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 11:10:53 PM »

The Cult of Namis is prepared to support the Legal Defence Fund and also to consider approaches to the application of the Dignity Fund. However this does appear to smack very much of an agenda solely targeted against Nya Aland, it's interesting to note that when we consider religious oppression and violence on Mundus in recent times that Nya Aland is the one always revisited as being oppressive and yet we have nations such as Aschlon, Fleur, Abydos and others against whom no action is proposed. Or are we now not counting the various religious based genocides we've seen as oppression? It's interesting as well that we consistently see slights against the Alanders on this matter yet rather than working with that government in a constructive manner to address the issue we do some of the work for the likes of the Gungnir.

While it is true that the situation non-Odinists find themselves in in Nya Aland is of concern let's not lose sight of the broader issue here which is that of religious freedom. Nya Aland is not a special case and I would hope that the Grand Maester and those others who seem addicted to treating it as such will stop doing so. Let's have the discussion that should be had.

Alexis Minette
High Priestess of the Cult of Namis

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 06:11:53 AM »

To Grand Maester Yuna, eternal health be upon you,

The Council of five has taken into consideration the plight of those in Nya Åland who do not adhere to Odinist doctrine, both those who are blessed by the Kani and those who believe in other faiths. Though other states have oppressed religious minorities in the past, and indeed some have likely killed those of other faiths in the name of their gods, it is our decision that we will support this Initiative, provided that it is expanded to help those in all states facing religious persecution. We are prepared to work with our brothers in the Arashin Church to assist in bringing about an era of renewed religious freedoms across Mundus.

The council will support the efforts of Eshva Esik I Vahram, blessed be his name, and his forebears in extending our open arms to refugees of any culture, creed, or nationality fleeing oppression into our nation. It is the hope of our people that the nations of the world will stand up to injustice and persecution wherever it may crop up.

Esran Kalas
Isherakai (High Priest) of the Ishitic Faith

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 04:50:44 AM »

The Inter-Faith Initiative

I look forward to meeting with you all as we discuss the issues facing the Faithful across Mundus, especially in areas which aren't welcoming of faiths other than those prescribed by their Government, or those who are seemingly hostile to faith itself. For those unable to come, such as Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, I thank you for your pledge of support for the initiatives we are setting forth.

Recognizing concerns raised, I trust that matters involving the likes of Fleur, Abydos, Aschlon and others may be discussed more in-depth as we meet.

Lady Yuna
Grand Maester of the Rosari Faith
Most Humble of Islyna

Templum Septem, Pyrettania

Grand Maester Yuna awaited her counterparts within the Templum Septem, prepared to begin the proceedings upon their arrivals. With support for the funds being evident, it would be a matter of addressing such incidents in nations beyond NA.

OOC: I know there's one or two others interested, so just show up and tomorrow or the day after I'll be posting Yuna's opening remarks.

Beatrice Anselmo