Author Topic: The Plot To Destroy Rokkenjiman Democracy  (Read 5134 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Plot To Destroy Rokkenjiman Democracy
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2024, 10:14:23 PM »
As soon as Rowe saw Rion he sighed, "Of course it would be you, what, Kado isn't enough of a big boy to face me himself? Tell me," he said as his hand moved towards his service pistol, "what do you think one envisions in the moments where they're breathing their last breaths?" he continued as he drew it.

As Rion confronted Rowe Kado's teams descended upon the SIS, methodically removing pieces from the board as they progressed from one target to another. There had been some resistance offered, though Kado and the INIS knew their longstanding adversaries well enough to see them systemically dispatched. While the process took some time eventually Kado was given the all-clear and, upon verifying sufficient space was available in Rokkenjiman holding cells he sent a text to Rion.

"Got 'em all, they're currently questioning the life choices that brought them to their present moment, transports are inbound across the board. INIS are prepped for some celebration, you're invited. I'm buying. 😘"

"Gemma," Asuna said as she turned her gaze from the window, "forgive me but I sent him a message," she could already see the visible sigh. "He won't compromise anything though and," she turned back to the window, "mum wouldn't leave Alex wondering if she was waiting for him, I couldn't leave Thomas in that uncertainty and it's a gamble if that message even gets to him, I'm sure your people properly patted down everyone leaving the Imperial Palace so he's likely still feeling that pain and that doesn't sit well with me, I had to try and I hope you can understand that. He deserved me making an attempt after all, and don't hold it against <0 for being willing to facilitate my transfer of a message to him please. That line of responsibility ends with me so let me bear the consequences, not them. She wouldn't of done it if I hadn't asked, after all. I'm sure you have all the logs of me accessing our satellites to peek in on his ship," she paused, "and if I weren't here under lock and key I'd have the United States making steam there in this very moment. Speaking of which," she paused with a grin, "once we have Rowe, can I do that? It'd be quite the surprise and I'm sure the Tytorians would be wondering why an ocean liner is bearing down on one of their naval squadrons but," she paused again, "think of the impression it would leave, not only on Thomas but his crew," she would offer a giggle.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2024, 12:33:19 AM »
"Honestly." Rion said as she aimed her own weapon, she was quicker on the draw than Rowe by virtue of already having been expecting him to pull a weapon so as soon as she'd seen him go for his she'd raised the pale blue pistol that was in her hand, it was the ARC-SP1, a salt gun or rather a pepper ball pistol to describe the ammunition. "It's whether or not Helus has a pet honeybadger." she squeezed the trigger twice in quick succession hitting Rowe centre mass, the man staggered as if expecting a bullet but then the spray took effect, the tell tale sign was when the hand came up and that was when Rion made her move closing the gap quickly she kicked Rowe's gun from his grasp and threw him to the floor. "Let me guess." she said "It's been a while since you did the training for such things." she put her knee on his back and cuffed him "Alex Rowe you're under arrest for conspiracy to commit criminal damage, conspiracy to commit an act of terror and conspiracy to murder." she looked up as Kayleigh opened the door "Wash out his eyes and lock him up."

"You got it." Kayleigh said taking Rowe out of the room.

Gemma sighed "It's not me who's going to have an issue with <0." she said walking over and putting her arms around Asuna from behind "That'll inevitably be Kayleigh and it'll last maybe thirty minutes because that's her job. And we will not discuss the amount of covering that gets done with the intelligence agencies in Rokkenjima about your satellite usage." she giggled "Now as for Thomas if you're patient and you let Kayleigh make the phone calls that will need to be made because of the situation we're in then we will absolutely have the United States ready to go after this is all over and done with. Meanwhile what are you wearing for the Youth Diet tomorrow night?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2024, 10:24:48 PM »
"Poppycock," Rowe mustered with a measure of difficultly, "you'd best...damn it, get me my lawyer at once." As Rowe spoke he heard growls from a nearby door, "get...get me away from that mutt!"

"I see," Asuna replied, "though I would like to speak with Thatcher the moment Rowe is dealt with; we've the hardened line that dates back to the Cold War that I understand <0 and Lucinda saw upgraded to an end-to-end encrypted fibre optic connection between Pyrettania and Tsargrad to replace the previous system in place since the Cold War between Tytor and the Federal Republic. I know nothing can be done on the public front right now," she sighed, "but I think coordination and transparency with such a close friend would ultimately be beneficial, and I can't imagine Mikina Hayata has had the best of times with the Prime Minister. She deserves some pressure being relieved from her shoulders so with your go-ahead," she motioned toward the door, "once the all-clear is relayed to us I likely should make a phone call across the Strait."

Kado had one additional promise to live up to and, as the SIS agents were rounded up on various transports, he allowed Lucinda an opportunity to speak with a restrained Lucius Stanley before his departure to the next Imperial Prison. Lucius sat silent for the most part, not once mustering the courage to make eye contact. "So," she finally said, "this is how it ends, not anywhere near how we envisioned our future but with a man looking at the ground instead of having even the conviction to look me in the eyes. Very well," she said as she stood and turned her back to him, "if you were expecting Kado to hand you off to me, to reactivate a site or two to extract vengeance, you'll find yourself disappointed. The only thing in your future is trials, associating with general population, and fading into obscurity as time and the very world moves beyond you. You gave it all up," she said turning toward him and drawing closer, "only to lose it all. No method at my disposal that I could think of could do a better job than the one karma has crafted for you, so," she booped his nose, "enjoy what is before you and use your remaining time on Mundus to think upon everything you've done. Goodbye, and good riddance, Lucius."

As she walked out of the room Kado placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm proud of you," he said which prompted Lucinda to present a raised eyebrow. "He facilitated an attempt on your life and here, knowing I'd cover for anything you might of had in mind, you spoke the words you needed to and walked away. I guarantee those words will haunt him for the rest of his life, especially if he's transferred to an Achkaerinese facility, which will result in many years for him to ruminate on them. You're finally free," he said as he looked her in the eyes, "embrace that and live your life to the fullest. As for the Anselmos, your watch is over and you stand relieved, let me do my job in taking up your steed?" Lucinda paused before giving Kado a tight hug, "You know I'll always watch over them in my own way but, I trust you'll see I don't need to so, I best not see any slack from you and yours." With a chuckle Kado responded, "I learned from the best, so, if there are any failings on my part I'll be asking you why you allowed them to persist through my training under you. Now then, may I transport the prisoners to their next home?" which Lucinda responded with a nod.

"Very well, High Commander," he said with a respectful bow before turning to his subordinate, "see that these wastes of space reach their next destination, preferably unharmed of course. Though if they offer resistance," he said training his eyes on Stanley, "well, you know what's within your rights to exercise legal force if necessary."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2024, 01:40:17 AM »
"Get him out of my sight." Rion said, she waited until Rowe was hauled away before opening the door and finding Akira there "Good boy." she smiled, checkmate in two she thought.

The sun in Kusan was reasonably warm and the air humid, the go for Operation Mockingbird had come the previous evening, the twenty four Achkaerinese Special Forces soldiers had made their way quietly across the border. Under cover of darkness they'd made decent ground, leading the way through the hills was David Winters coming from the scouts regiment he was more than qualified to get the group across the difficult ground as fast as possible, he commanded Topaz troop and was ably backed up in this regard by Sapphire troop commanded by Craig Moores, as they crested a hill into a copse David held up his hand bringing the group to a halt. At that point the other two troop commanders Heather Rose and Charlotte I'Joula joined the two men.
"What have we got?" Heather asked
"Kaesong is about a forty kilometre straight shot from here but you can see the increasing number of small villages and urbanisation." David said pointing from the high ground vantage point they had "We'll stand out like a bit of a sore thumb trying to walk through there in the middle of the day. I'd say wait for night but we're on the clock."
"We need wheels." Charlotte said
"There's a truck in the village at two o'clock." Craig said looking through his binoculars "And there's an APC over towards nine o'clock."
"Charlotte get the APC, Craig get the truck." Heather said "Bring them to the road at the bottom of the hill."
"Disguise?" David asked as two of the troops moved off.
"Yep." Heather said "We need to be in Kaesong tonight and that doesn't happen by skirting around because we'll end up circling the whole city. Can your team hold this vantage point?"
"Yep." David said

About an hour later the two vehicles were sat at the bottom of the hill, the APC had been outright stolen of course, while the truck had been borrowed for a fair amount of cash and a promise of silence.
"Ok so here's the plan." Heather said "Topaz holds the high ground here, this is the RV point when the time comes we get out the way we came in. Craig you've got the truck, that's the getaway vehicle, you drop Charlotte's team at their point and come to the prison, you hold position there. Charlotte you do your job and make your way there. My team we've got a jailbreak to do so we're taking the APC. On the way out we drop the truck back at the village and make our way back here on foot and then we get across the border. On a helicopter by the morning, home for tea and medals at a reasonable time. Heads on swivels and stay alert. Ok let's do it." The drive to Kaesong was uneventful, this far from the border there were far less obstacles to go through, no checkpoints, no patrols, there were obviously fortified positions but nothing that was going to stop traffic into the city itself. The two vehicles parked up in separate areas, though they weren't that far from each other - the APC was about a mile from the prison and the truck was closer to the Chairman's residence.

When night came the plan swung into action, first Charlotte and her team slipped out of the back of the truck and climbed a nearby fire escape making their way to the rooftops. Once there they took up their positions, Charlotte primed the weapon she was using and looked across the street and fair bit of greenery to the Chairman's residence "Ok let's see here." she said as she looked through her scope.
"Third floor window." Sgt Midgely said from next to her "That's his room."
"You got vantage on the second floor?" Charlotte asked
"Yep." Midgely said
"Ok Parkes." Charlotte said addressing one of the other members of the troop "You spot. Bridge you light." now it was a waiting game, it took another hour but eventually Ri Chŏng-jun stepped into Charlotte's crosshairs.
"That's him." Parkes said
"This is Midnight One I have the shot." Charlotte said
"All callsigns this is Shadowblade One." Heather's voice came over the radio "I have control, standby, standby, standby." she was undoubtedly looking at her watch's ticking second hand "Go."

"Midge." Charlotte said, right on cue trooper Bridge lit fire to the bolt that was loaded into the crossbow that Midgely was holding, then Midgely squeezed the trigger, the bolt flew straight and true right through the second floor window, the fire was set. Now Bridge lit the bolt on Charlotte's crossbow.
"Third floor window's ajar." Parkes said "He's probably in bed."
"Ok here we go." Charlotte said, she fired her bolt through the third floor window, it hit the back wall which would spread the fire.
"Reload." Midgely said, him and Charlotte reloaded before repeating the process and firing another bolt each.
"Ok let's rabbit." Charlotte said

Just up the road the APC with Shadowblade troop aboard was charging at full tilt down the road towards the prison, in the driving seat was Richard Duncan
"Right on the gate." Heather said
"Hold on tight." Richard said as he put his foot to the floor and as the guards outside the prison began to open fire realising what was about to happen the APC punched through the gate much like a battering ram.
"Go go go." Heather said as her team disembarked from the now ruined vehicle, leaving Richard and one of her other team members to hold the courtyard the other four proceeded inside, rifles up and ready. The Riley brothers Tim and Luke were clearing the administration area of the prison their target was the security  control room. With Luke holding position and delivering suppression fire down the corridor, Tim ducked inside and accessed the system, inserting a thumb drive he hit his radio.
"Shadowblade two, drive is inserted." he said, now he had to wait as the virus on the drive did its thing and wiped the entire system.

Heather meanwhile alongside the last member of her team Luna Knight was fighting her way through the cell blocks. It was a little on the slow going side but it was also clearly a set up, that much was obvious from the number of empty cells, rounding another corner they spotted a guard and Heather downed him with a quick pull of the trigger.
"Boss." Luna said as the lights on their rifles illuminated Sophia.
"That's one." Heather said as she pivoted and illuminated Sang-Hee in the cell across the hall "And that's two, go check the corridor."
"Boss." Luna said, heading down the corridor while Heather took the keys off of the dead guard and opened the cells, as she helped the two out of the cells she tapped her radio "Cottontail and Little Red Riding Hood secure."
"Goldilocks secure." Luna's voice came over the radio as she came back down the corridor with an older woman, just slightly older than Cecelia, this was Mieko Anselmo, Evanthe's mother and the mind behind this whole thing.
"Sapphire I want that exit now." Heather said as they started to make their way back through the prison.

Outside Sapphire troop had arrived with the truck and on foot so had Midnight troop, the firefight was raging on the street against the backdrop of the flames a little way away.
"Let's go, let's go." Tim yelled as one by one the former prisoners were helped into the back of the truck.
"Everyone rabbit." Heather said, that was the cue for an organised withdrawal, everyone got aboard the truck and it accelerated away, once they were away from the city centre and racing out of the outskirts it was at that point that everyone took their breath.
"Craig you made the drop right?" Charlotte asked
"Yep." Craig said "Whole letter from a group claiming responsibility for the nights havoc."
"Good." Heather said

At the Imperial Palace Kayleigh, having ensured Rowe was locked up in a secure facility walked into Asuna's room, with a smile on her face.
"We got them?" Gemma asked
"Yeah Sophia, Sang-Hee and the big bad wolf all on their way here, they'll be here by morning." Kayleigh said
"So what's the earliest Asuna can make a phone call to the Tytorians?" Gemma asked
"The morning." Kayleigh said "The moment they're in the grounds of the Imperial Palace we can lift the blackout because at that point all the pieces are within our control, we've weathered the storm, Rowe and Stanley are in custody, navigating the aftermath is going to be a whole different kettle of fish but don't worry about that yet, when the time comes we'll have that conversation and we don't need to have it for a couple of days or so. Meanwhile you get a good nights sleep, tomorrow's the Youth Diet, tomorrow we take their last piece off the board and by this time tomorrow the threat will have been dealt with."
"But you have to promise us something." Gemma said "When you talk to Thatcher you tell her everything that you are aware of, the last thing we need is to put the Tytorian Prime Minister in a situation where she ends up misleading their MP's."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2024, 11:34:18 PM »
When Rion opened the door Akira sniffed around the room, looking and establishing that Rowe was indeed gone before turning around, tail wagging and with a much different demeanor. He didn't know if Rion was prepared for a full frontal assault of kisses and nudges but he proceeded on that course all the same.

While the two had discussed rescue options not long ago it still came as a surprise to Sophia when it did, indeed, happen. With the adrenaline of an escape behind them Sophia's attention was turned to her much bruised fingers that guard had struck with his rifle; "would anyone happen to have an aspirin or something?" she said holding her hand up. "I'm pretty sure you left that guy off far worse than he left me, but damn this still hurts like hell." Pausing for a moment she sighed, "I'm glad Sang-Hee is coming with us too, there's much to be told there and, if it wasn't for her, I doubt you'd have had anyone to come and save, not sure who the guy was but some bastard brought an explosive to the meeting we were holding and her first instinct was to throw me out of a window and use her body as a shield. Who'd of thought we were actually dealing with the reasonable Ri this entire time?"

"Most splendid," Asuna's face lit up upon hearing the news. "I think Sophia is due for some down time after this ordeal, I've a room here at the Palace so she can get some down time in before returning to the Grand Duchy, although we should look into informing her people that their Grand Duchess is safe and sound. Perhaps we could allow her to make a statement from the Palace Gardens once she's had a chance to get some good food and rest in?" Asuna would propose. "

"Ah yes, the Youth Diet," Asuna sighed as she thought about Gemma's previous question as to what she would be wearing. "I'm torn between going somewhat formal, but not too flashy or nothing pretending to be formal at all since, they're basically close to my peers and I don't want to overshadow their presence you know? I am open to suggestions there," she said looking at the two after showing them each outfit she had in mind, "so don't keep them to yourselves."

"It'll also be good to talk to Thatcher," she continued, "Rowe nearly brought us to the brink of a diplomatic crisis, so best to see the seeds he sought to sow are undone, and perhaps after the Youth Diet the United States can stretch her legs and track down my Earl. I do wonder what they'll think on the Agility as my old girl rocks up on them," she said with a grin.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Today at 01:58:02 AM »
"The white one." Gemma said "Youth Diet opening night is basically like a high school prom so be elegant and classy."
"She's right." Kayleigh said "I don't object to the United States going somewhere but before she does you and I need to have a conversation about security, not now because it's late and you need sleep but before you go aboard that ship."

In the morning the Imperial Palace had a mixed mood about it, there was happiness because a helicopter carrying the three rescued women was touching down in the grounds, but there was an also an edge because of who one of them was. Serenity and Euphy had got there having brought Evanthe, this also had the interesting side effect of Akira and Astrid's assistance dog, a terrier called Sparky, meeting for the first time. However attention wasn't really on that it was on Sophia as she ran straight to her parents and then to Euphy and then was steered into surprise guest Sasuke.
"You really think we wouldn't call him?" Serenity giggled

While most eyes were on the reunion Rion's were elsewhere, she was watching from a window her eyes firmly on the third woman, Mieko Anselmo and she was playing a right blinder, even accounting for the negativity she felt towards her family she had her daughter and granddaughter right there and wasn't making a move towards them. She glanced at Kado who was stood next to her "And behold the big bad wolf." she said "Kayleigh's spoken to the press team we're keeping the lid on, anything public is going to come on our timetable." she sighed "All this hate, deception, violence all of it over a woman's forty year old grudge. Still this is the endgame and it ends today. Within these Palace walls the next twenty four hours never happened."

Once the reunions had occurred Serenity borrowed Asuna's office and along with Heather, who'd made the flight to Rokkenjima with the rest of her team, sat down with Sophia and Sang-Hee. "I'll add this to the list conversations I never expected to have." Serenity said "But I need to explain something to both of you. Last night Achkaerin technically speaking committed an act of war against Kusan in order to rescue you both. That can never be admitted to because we must avoid giving elements within Rokkenjima an excuse to have the war they want to have."
"Last night my team and other Achkaerinese special forces carried out the operation using weapons and ammunition issued to the Kusan military." Heather said "Officially this will look like Kusan on Kusan, a backlash caused your brothers actions." she nodded at Sang-Hee. "The evidence will back that up. Officially speaking you were rescued by a Kusan militia as part of an attempted uprising and taken across the Kalasin border to a position held by Achkaerinese forces. It'll likely get spun as an attempt to avoid a Rokkenjima assault."
"There's been no news out of Kusan yet so we're hoping you'll help us get ahead of this." Serenity said "That means talking to the media, Asuna has suggested that Sophia make a statement from the Palace gardens, that's fine but when you do it's important you stick to the narrative that Major Rose just explained and that you do not mention the other woman that we brought out with you."