Author Topic: Monarchs of the Arashin  (Read 223 times)

Offline Arkan VII ve Sherkoz

• Basically New Zealand
  • Emperor of the Arashin
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of Ikhan
Monarchs of the Arashin
« on: October 19, 2020, 06:09:54 AM »
This thread shall be used henceforth to catalogue the various rulers of the Arashin, from the Pentarchical era up until the modern day. It should be noted that the regnal number of the Emperors of Ikhan (having formerly been the kings of Misra) were reset with the formation of the Empire. Please note that while the posts may occasionally not be in order, the index will be in ascending order by the years that they reigned. Monarchs of the states other than Misra will not appear in this list save for the rulers of the short-lived "Empire of Khushai". Please also note that the cataloguing of these rulers may stop at any time and be moved to the factbook instead.

Index
Hailun Emperors
Khorai I to Berai I
Berai II to Erel II
Imras I to Imras II
Ikos I to Imras III
Sherkoz Emperors
Arkan I
Arkan I ve Sherkoz
The "Lost" Emperors

Code: [Select]
Name:
Title:
Time in Office:
Biography: (brief description)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 03:45:31 AM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

• Basically New Zealand
  • Emperor of the Arashin
    • View Profile
Re: Monarchs of the Arashin
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 07:49:34 AM »
Name: Khorai I ve Hailun
Title: Emperor of the Arashin
Time in Office: 1028 - 1088 CE
Biography: The First Eshva of Ikhan (then Arashkai), Khorai took the throne at the age of seven. He was one of the longest-serving Emperors of Ikhan and is famous for being the first confirmed unifier of the Arashin. While he was known for his achievements on the battlefield, often overlooked are his diplomatic achievements, especially his pacifying of Hashtai.

Name: Erel I ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1088 - 1121 CE
Biography: The firstborn of Khorai I, Erel was known as a patron of the arts. During his reign, the Arashin culture reached new heights, with many great works of poetry being written during his time.

Name: Berai I ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1121 - 1147 CE
Biography: Known as much for his governance as he was for his battlefield experience (of which he lacked), Berai I nonetheless continued his father's patronage of the arts. Unfortunately for him, however, his knowledge of poetry would not prove useful when faced with poison.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 07:02:19 PM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

• Basically New Zealand
  • Emperor of the Arashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 07:10:55 PM »
Name: Berai II ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1147 - 1185 CE
Biography: Berai II was known as the "Philosopher King of Arashkai", being well-known both in modern Ikhan and beyond for his character and virtues, as well as his knowledge. He is still well-regarded in Ikhan as a result.

Name: Bershai I ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1185 - 1193 CE
Biography: Unlike his father, Bershai was, first and foremost, a warrior. It was during his brief rule that Ikhan would expand further to the west, though ultimately his campaigns would stop after he was killed in battle.

Name: Erel II ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1193 - 1239 CE
Biography: Erel II was, similarly to his father, a warrior above all. However, he would in time come to be known more as a capable administratoró One of the greatest monarchs of the Hailun dynasty, in fact. While he lacked in the achievements of his father on the battlefield, he made up for it by dramatically improving Ikhan's road network and establishing it's first nation-wide postal service. He would also order the construction of the Kosen wall, an impressive fortification which still stands in the city of Khoros.

• Basically New Zealand
  • Emperor of the Arashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 07:29:10 PM »
Name: Imras I ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1239 - 1283 CE
Biography: One of the longest-reigning (and longest-lived) Emperors of the Hailun-led First Empire, Imras I's reign is known as a golden age for Arashin culture and trade, with his reign seeing the deployment of a great fleet of diplomatic vessels across the Kynean sea and around Ardia. However, towards the end of his reign, he would have to face the greatest challenge of his long rule, that being an incursion by the Ardian Empire. So, he sallied forth, ready to defend his people one last time. Unfortunately, while the Arashin would find victory, it would not be in Imras'es time, as he would die in the battle of Kosetei.

Name: Berai III ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1283 - 1316 CE
Biography: Grandson to Imras I, Berai III would win the war against Ardia, driving them from the Feltasi mountains. Despite this victory, it came at a great cost to both sides. While Ardia would not dare to strike again for centuries to come, the invasion greatly destabilized the Empire, giving rise to the Zhatai taking more and more power in the provinces. His own reign would, therefore, be spent trying (and ultimately failing) to repair the damage done by the war. Slowly, the territories conquered by his great great-grandfather would fall away until Ikhan was largely confined within it's mountainous shield.

Name: Imras II ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1316 - 1342 CE
Biography: Like his father, Imras II would have his reign focused entirely on keeping the Empire together. However, by the time of his death, there was little that could truly be done. During his reign, he would, however, take an action that would further ensure his dynasty's fall: The Imperial Succession laws would be rewritten to enforce Agnatic succession.

• Basically New Zealand
  • Emperor of the Arashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 05:03:32 AM »
Name: Ikos I ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1342 - 1358
Biography: Ikos I is best known for abdicating in favor of his younger brother, wishing instead to join the Ishitic priesthood.

Name: Erel III ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1358 - 1381 CE
Biography: The younger brother of Ikos I, Erel III would take the throne after his sibling's abdication. During his reign, famine struck the Kairan region.

Name: Ikos II ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1381 - 1401 CE
Biography: Ikos II was the second son of Erel III, having come to the throne only because his elder brother died young. He was the father of the last Hailun Emperor, Imras III.

Name: Imras III ve Hailun
Time in Office: 1401 - 1426 CE
Biography: The Last Hailun Emperor, he would have no legitimate heirs. By marriage to the heir of Clan Khasa, however, his lineage would continue in the form of Arkan I, though not without a period of interregnum known as the "Crisis of the Fifteenth Century".  He died in 1426, but in 1476, his grandson would take the throne after having silenced any and all other claimants to the throne, being handed the title from the Imperial Chancellor.

• Basically New Zealand
  • Emperor of the Arashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 03:44:51 AM »

Arkan I Vahram ve Sherkoz
Name: Arkan I ve Sherkoz
Title: Emperor of Ikhan
Time in Office: 1476 - 1498 CE
Biography: The founder of the Second Empire of Ikhan and heir to the legacy of Clan Hailun, Arkan I, much like his predecessor, Khorai I, is seen in a semi-divine light by many of the Arashin. Though he ruled only 22 years as Emperor, he would, as the Eshai of Misra, reunify the mainland before turning his sights to the Island of Rusan and lands to the west. While the conquests in the west would ultimately prove mostly short-lived, the conquest of Rusan would prove so successful that, by the modern day, the native Avosai population on the Island is a dwindling minority. His regnal name was the "Vakhet Eshva", by which he is known in Ikhan to the modern day. His heirs still rule in Ikhan, with Arkan VI, the current monarch, tracing an unbroken line of descent to the Emperor through his second son.